It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:51 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition

DIRECT-MS would like to offer their latest presentation, Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition. The format is a Voiced PowerPoint presentation (‘Webcast’) and the discussion is narrated by Reinhold Vieth of the departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.

Dr. Vieth addresses the topics of:
Vitamin D and Human Evolution
Clinical relevance of higher vitamin D intakes
Toxicology of Vitamin D

Cheers
Nick
Read more : Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition | Views : 1849 | Replies : 0

I have MS

Hi all, I was diagnosed with MS in April. After reading up on the disease I discovered I probably had my first symptom 4 years ago in 2001. Numbness in the finger tips. In 2004 before going o/s and feeling rather stressed I noticed I wasn't exactly walking in a straight line - thought I was tired!. Then in 2005 - hey Bingo! I woke up with Diplopia! Off to the neurologist, MRI and VER. ...
Read more : I have MS | Views : 3580 | Replies : 7

Pain Management assisted through diet

PAIN MANAGEMENT

John G. Connor, M.Ac., L.Ac.

Updated Feb. 2005

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction

Chinese Medical View of Pain

Useful Foods, Herbs and Nutrients

Relaxation Techniques

Side Effects of NSAIDs and Migraine Drugs

References

INTRODUCTION
It is known that acupuncture relieves pain by stimulating the production of endorphins, the body’s own painkillers. For a detailed description on how acupuncture works in relieving pain we refer you to our article entitled How Acupuncture Works on our ...
Read more : Pain Management assisted through diet | Views : 3268 | Replies : 1

Inflammation Fighters

Inflammation. CRP. Statins.

These are the new buzz-words in the world of heart health. These terms aren't replacements for your old heart vocabulary words, so don't forget about your LDL, HDL, triglycerides, and blood pressure yet; just add these words to your heart glossary. Read on to learn more about what these words mean and how to put your new knowledge into action.

Glossary of New Heart Terms

Inflammation is one of our body's key ...
Read more : Inflammation Fighters | Views : 3887 | Replies : 3

High purine diet might be helpful for MS?

I'm new to the website and I'm not sure this topic has been covered in any detail - if it has, please excuse!

This is about the research on serum uric acid levels in MS and the experimental animal MS models, the epidemiology of gout and MS, and (possibly) that a diet that is bad for people with gout might be good for people with MS. I am working off abstracts in PubMed ...
Read more : High purine diet might be helpful for MS? | Views : 3316 | Replies : 5

Which is the best diet?

Okay, so I've been reading a little about the potential role of diet in the pathophysiological processes of MS. It does sound interesting particularly since there seem to be so many testimonies to the positive affects of adopting a new diet which is low in fat and cuts out potential allergic foods. I understand that ideally one would have Elisa tests to check for his or her own food allergies thereby determining which foods to ...
Read more : Which is the best diet? | Views : 8537 | Replies : 18

Preventing Multiple Sclerosis

I would like to bring to your collective attention the latest webcast by DIRECT-MS. It is entitled Preventing Multiple Sclerosis and is the second in a series of web casts regarding nutrition and Multiple Sclerosis. The focus of the Prevention presentation is how MS can be easily, safely and inexpensively prevented by focusing on protective factors. This is a must see for those people with MS who have children.

Our previous webcast, Nutritional Strategies for ...
Read more : Preventing Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 3693 | Replies : 4

food cravings and Swank diet - junk food junkie rehab?

Hi. Was going to post this under the Diet header but that's an awful sleepy zone there, didn't want to disturb any nappers. So to those of you who stray to general discussion, here's a topic thats probably been chewed and spat out already (ugh that was kinda disgusting 8O ) but am asking anyway.

So here's the thing, the Swank diet kinda sucks. Uh, did I ...
Read more : food cravings and Swank diet - junk food junkie rehab? | Views : 31171 | Replies : 141

Danish ms-diet

This is lay-translated by me from the website of the danish MS-society:

"Diet and Multiple sclerosis

For more than 50 years one has gathered experiences and conductet research on the relationship between diet and multiple sclerosis. Research show a positive effect after a change of diet - both with the frequency of attcks, movement/tonus (da:'förlighed') and quality of life.

New scientific research support practical experience: Disease activity is significantly reduced if animal fat and dairy ...
Read more : Danish ms-diet | Views : 2740 | Replies : 1

QUESTION ON WATER

HELLO ALL,

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW IF ADDING LEMON TO YOUR WATER MAKES IT MORE FATTENING, OR LESS AFFECTIVE , BY AFFECTIVE I MEAN BY CLEANSING YOU OUT.

THANK YOU
Read more : QUESTION ON WATER | Views : 2645 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220005 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14351

Contact us | Terms of Service