It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:33 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Fight Age and Disease from Your Kitchen

Fight Age and Disease from Your Kitchen

By Alan R. Gaby, MD

Healthnotes Newswire (September 16, 2004)—A group of chemical compounds that form during cooking are believed to accelerate the aging process and to contribute to heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and the organ damage caused by diabetes and kidney disease. Now, researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine have measured the concentration of these toxic compounds in 250 commonly consumed foods and published their ...
Read more : Fight Age and Disease from Your Kitchen | Views : 1983 | Replies : 1

Palaeolithic Diet.

Hi I'm a Newbie to the forum. I had a read through an earlier post by Crispy, a lot of good stuff in it but it is getting a little verbose and the last post to it was in July so I thought I'd start a new thread rather than append that one.

I have been dx RRMS for over 10 years and I have not made any dietary change in that time until recently. ...
Read more : Palaeolithic Diet. | Views : 3143 | Replies : 5

Food and MS

Some very good historical information concerning MS and an interesting overview of MS and the theory of food as a cause.

If the BBB is damaged and perferrated, then it seems to me that an infection is possible?

Philip
--------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Sclerosis and
Food Hypersensitivities
by Ashton F. Embry

ABSTRACT
Multiple Sclerosis is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system causes damage to tissues in the central nervous system. The disease ...
Read more : Food and MS | Views : 11486 | Replies : 18

Batter-coated french fries are a fresh vegetable

Another example of insanity within the powers that be and what they do that makes our lives so much more complete and our nutritional needs verified and clarified 8)

---------------------------------------------------------

Rules Of Commerce Classify French Fries As Veggies

Food Company Challenges Classification

6/15/04
WASHINGTON -- Batter-coated french fries are a fresh vegetable, according to the Agriculture Department, which has a federal judge's ruling to back it up. ...
Read more : Batter-coated french fries are a fresh vegetable | Views : 1695 | Replies : 0

Diet ? - What colour

Hi all, :D

After more than 11 years with MS, no-one in the medical profession has ever mentioned that I should change any part of my diet, so I'm a bit confused.

Since surfing around the various web-sites that deal with MS, I have come across all the different diets that people seem to be following and I've checked them out. I'm probably a fussy eater, ...
Read more : Diet ? - What colour | Views : 16560 | Replies : 45

Aspartame and ms

Hi! Does anybody know if artificial sweeteners are safe to use by someone with ms? I need to lose weight, and have been told to control my sugar intake by my doctor. Is all the hype about aspartame being dangerous true or not? Thanks for your input. Susannah
Read more : Aspartame and ms | Views : 4687 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216586 • Total topics 22129 • Total members 13918