It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:43 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

In Children with Autoimmune Disease, Response Starts Early

Nick's foreword

The following information is very important for a variety of reasons.

• It reinforces the strong relationship between type 1 diabetes and MS. This studyby Winer et al in 2001 that found striking similarities between IDDM and MS. In essence, the two diseases are, in a test tube, virtually identical. It’s only their final expression of what self tissue is attacked which differs.
  • It compliments the research by Guggenmos et al by ...
Read more : In Children with Autoimmune Disease, Response Starts Early | Views : 2023 | Replies : 1

Relationship to diet explored again

I'm Looking at it now not sure if it's just a sales pitch as of yet but thought you might like to read.

Health: Do 73% of Americans Die from Just One Actual Disease? Previous Release
Next Release

Recent research reveals up to almost three quarters of all U.S. deaths annually arise from diseases associated with chronic low-level inflammation. Some of the diseases previously thought unrelated include heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, kidney and liver ...
Read more : Relationship to diet explored again | Views : 2536 | Replies : 2

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act, by Ashton Embry PhD.

This article featured in New Pathways magazine, Nov/Dec edition 2005.

The Swank Research & Diet

The role of fats in MS has been passionately debated for over 50 years. It all began over 50 years ago when Dr Roy Swank published a paper in 1950 claiming that saturated fat was an important factor in MS.

Saturated fat is one of four main types of ...
Read more : MS and Fats - A Balancing Act | Views : 2296 | Replies : 1

Go ahead and sin-Gluten-Free Quiche recipe

I got this from the 300+ recipe book I bought for a total of $2.99 from Marilyn, on eBay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkurlykurly1QQhtZ-1

GLUTEN-FREE MUSHROOM QUICHE

2 tbsp vegetable oil

1 large onion, diced

2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms

4 eggs

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup water

1/8 cup hot water

1 tsp chicken soup mix

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat ...
Read more : Go ahead and sin-Gluten-Free Quiche recipe | Views : 2633 | Replies : 1

Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition

DIRECT-MS would like to offer their latest presentation, Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition. The format is a Voiced PowerPoint presentation (‘Webcast’) and the discussion is narrated by Reinhold Vieth of the departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.

Dr. Vieth addresses the topics of:
Vitamin D and Human Evolution
Clinical relevance of higher vitamin D intakes
Toxicology of Vitamin D

Cheers
Nick
Read more : Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition | Views : 1865 | Replies : 0

I have MS

Hi all, I was diagnosed with MS in April. After reading up on the disease I discovered I probably had my first symptom 4 years ago in 2001. Numbness in the finger tips. In 2004 before going o/s and feeling rather stressed I noticed I wasn't exactly walking in a straight line - thought I was tired!. Then in 2005 - hey Bingo! I woke up with Diplopia! Off to the neurologist, MRI and VER. ...
Read more : I have MS | Views : 3595 | Replies : 7

Pain Management assisted through diet

PAIN MANAGEMENT

John G. Connor, M.Ac., L.Ac.

Updated Feb. 2005

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction

Chinese Medical View of Pain

Useful Foods, Herbs and Nutrients

Relaxation Techniques

Side Effects of NSAIDs and Migraine Drugs

References

INTRODUCTION
It is known that acupuncture relieves pain by stimulating the production of endorphins, the body’s own painkillers. For a detailed description on how acupuncture works in relieving pain we refer you to our article entitled How Acupuncture Works on our ...
Read more : Pain Management assisted through diet | Views : 3289 | Replies : 1

Inflammation Fighters

Inflammation. CRP. Statins.

These are the new buzz-words in the world of heart health. These terms aren't replacements for your old heart vocabulary words, so don't forget about your LDL, HDL, triglycerides, and blood pressure yet; just add these words to your heart glossary. Read on to learn more about what these words mean and how to put your new knowledge into action.

Glossary of New Heart Terms

Inflammation is one of our body's key ...
Read more : Inflammation Fighters | Views : 3912 | Replies : 3

High purine diet might be helpful for MS?

I'm new to the website and I'm not sure this topic has been covered in any detail - if it has, please excuse!

This is about the research on serum uric acid levels in MS and the experimental animal MS models, the epidemiology of gout and MS, and (possibly) that a diet that is bad for people with gout might be good for people with MS. I am working off abstracts in PubMed ...
Read more : High purine diet might be helpful for MS? | Views : 3369 | Replies : 5

Which is the best diet?

Okay, so I've been reading a little about the potential role of diet in the pathophysiological processes of MS. It does sound interesting particularly since there seem to be so many testimonies to the positive affects of adopting a new diet which is low in fat and cuts out potential allergic foods. I understand that ideally one would have Elisa tests to check for his or her own food allergies thereby determining which foods to ...
Read more : Which is the best diet? | Views : 8832 | Replies : 18

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222284 • Total topics 23086 • Total members 14616

Contact us | Terms of Service