It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Allon Therapeutics

AL-108 is being tested on Alzheimer's first, but they plan to try it for MS too, so I figure these Phase I safety studies won't have to be done all over again for MS since they are done on healthy adults.

Allon Therapeutics product AL-108 successful in Phase Ia clinical trial

June 15 -- CNW -- Allon Therapeutics, The Neuro Protection Company(TM), announced today that a Phase Ia human clinical trial of the company's first ...
Read more : Allon Therapeutics | Views : 1134 | Replies : 0

Snail toxin

This isn't even in clinical trials, but it sounds promising -- treats neuropathic pain AND accelerates recovery from nerve injury...I hear rumours that it might bring about world peace too...

Snail toxin may help neuropathic pain

June 10 -- UPI -- Melbourne researchers' discovery of a cone snail toxin may help ease pain for neuropathic pain associated with diabetes.

Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Limited says successful results in preclinical trials of the toxin will result in clinical ...
Read more : Snail toxin | Views : 1477 | Replies : 1

Positive results two Phase I/II clinical trials for Tovaxin

Positive interim results of two Phase I/II clinical trials for Tovaxin are released.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=25614

Hi, I am Tim,

Here is just a little of my story. So much has happened that I could write a book about my last two years. The vaccine appears to have arrested my disease and has done the same for the other people in the study.

I have two small websites that show a timeline of events. The first one ...
Read more : Positive results two Phase I/II clinical trials for Tovaxin | Views : 2106 | Replies : 2

Update on FTY720

Keep in mind this is from an equity analyst, and they don't cite a source, but I like the sounds of the results of the FTY720 trials...

Biogen Idec's Avonex May Face 'Serious Pressure'

06.03.05 -- Morgan Stanley downgraded Biogen Idec to "equal-weight" from "overweight" and said the biotech firm's Avonex multiple sclerosis drug faces greater long-term risk than previously thought.

Recently released clinical data for FTY720, an experimental MS drug from Novartis (nyse: NVS ...
Read more : Update on FTY720 | Views : 1514 | Replies : 1

Tovaxin Phase I/II Results

The results are good, but the number of patients assessed in this report is tiny! Oh well, they say they are planning to go to Phase II/III in late 2005 or early 2006!

PharmaFrontiers Announces Positive Interim Results of Two Phase I/II Clinical Trials for Multiple Sclerosis

June 3, 2005 -- BUSINESS WIRE -- PharmaFrontiers, a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, announced that interim results of Tovaxin(TM) in two Multiple ...
Read more : Tovaxin Phase I/II Results | Views : 2551 | Replies : 7

XIAP, a novel target in multiple sclerosis

Interesting article I found on the web

Focis 2005 presentation: XIAP, a novel target in multiple sclerosis
Monday May 16, 9:01 am ET

MONTREAL, May 16 /PRNewswire/ - Aegera Therapeutics Inc. is pleased to announce the presentation of results of a study entitled "Apoptosis Induction as a Therapeutic Intervention to Eliminate Encepalitogenic T cells; Antisense XIAP (AEG35169) in Murine Models of EAE". The study and results were presented at the 5th Annual Meeting of the ...
Read more : XIAP, a novel target in multiple sclerosis | Views : 1497 | Replies : 0

Laquinimod

anyone discuss this with their Doc. does it look like this will be on the market soon??
Read more : Laquinimod | Views : 1965 | Replies : 3

New Phase 1 trial

OK, techinically this trial is for ulcerative colitis, but they mention that their pre-clinical work suggested a number of potential targets for this drug, including MS...plus it's a monoclonal antibody and those are attracting a lot of attention these days, so I thought it was worth posting.

Medarex Announces Phase I Clinical Trial of MDX-1100, a Fully Human Anti-IP10 Antibody, for the Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis

May 11, 2005 - PRNewswire-FirstCall - Medarex, Inc. today ...
Read more : New Phase 1 trial | Views : 1983 | Replies : 2

Tovaxin - T Cell therapy

Dear all,

The Boston Cure Project site has posted an article today about Tovaxin - a T Cell vaccine. An individual provides details of his success with this treatment. Does anyone have any more information on this treatment - looks promising?

Bromley

http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... ode=nested

It's interesting how those treatments which stop attacks (Campath and Tovaxin), rather than just reduce attacks (the CRAB drugs only reduce the attacks by ...
Read more : Tovaxin - T Cell therapy | Views : 2415 | Replies : 7

Lipitor Trials for People with CIS at Risk for MS

Hi all

A Phase II Study of Atorvastatin (aka Lipitor) is now recruiting people across the US who have been diagnosed with Clinically Isolated Syndrome (CIS) and are at Risk for Multiple Sclerosis.

The definition of CIS, eligibility criteria and locations of centers recruiting people may be found here.

The study hypothesis states:
Early intervention with atorvastatin in patients with CIS will result in a state of immunological tolerance.

The eventual findings should be ...
Read more : Lipitor Trials for People with CIS at Risk for MS | Views : 1626 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220102 • Total topics 22759 • Total members 14366

Contact us | Terms of Service