It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:31 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

T Cell Therapy

Still early days on this one, but the more the merrier...

PharmaFrontiers...Key Clinical Milestones in Multiple Sclerosis

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Feb. 14, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Cell therapy developer PharmaFrontiers Corp. (OTCBB:PFTR) has...reached critical milestones in two Phase I/II clinical trials to evaluate the application of its T Cell therapy in multiple sclerosis.

Two clinical studies of its Tovaxin autologous T Cell therapy for treatment of multiple sclerosis have reached critical milestones. In one study, a ...
Read more : T Cell Therapy | Views : 1581 | Replies : 0

MMP inhibitor phase I trial

Whilst MS is not specifically mentioned in this release the fact that Serono are involved makes it very likely

19 January 2005 Vernalis Plc: Anti-Inflammatory Compound Partnered with Serono Starts Clinical Trials Vernalis plc (LSE:VER, Nasdaq: VNLS), today announced that its partner Serono (virt-x: SEO and NYSE: SRA) has started a phase I clinical trial of a selective inhibitor of MMP-12 (matrix metalloprotease inhibitor-12). This is the first compound to enter the clinic resulting from ...
Read more : MMP inhibitor phase I trial | Views : 1781 | Replies : 1

IgM Antibody question.

Hi All,

I'm new here so apologise if this has already been covered somewhere but I'd like to ask if anyone else has elevated IgM levels. Mine are way over the limit and keep rising. The neuro I saw seemed very concerned about it without being very forthcoming as to why. So I got to researching and found the following article:

The National Institutes of Health ...
Read more : IgM Antibody question. | Views : 2348 | Replies : 5

Phase II For Interferon Enhancing Therapy

This isn't all that exciting, but it's something...

Transition Therapeutics Commences Enrolment for Multiple Sclerosis Phase II Clinical Trial

Jan. 28 - Transition Therapeutics Inc., announced today that patient enrolment has commenced for a Phase II clinical trial of its Interferon Enhancing Therapy ("MS-I.E.T.") in patients with multiple sclerosis ("MS"). MS-I.E.T. combines interferon-(B) with Transition's enhancing agent, EMZ701, with the goal of improving outcomes in MS patients without adding toxicity.

"With a real medical need ...
Read more : Phase II For Interferon Enhancing Therapy | Views : 1553 | Replies : 0

FTY720 Phase 2/3 news

Novartis impresses with 2005 product pipeline

January 12, 2005 - One drug that is expected to make waves in the long term is transplant drug FTY720. The treatment works by a unique mechanism of action, directing T-cells away from the graft.

Despite its long-term importance, in the short and medium term only modest sales are expected due to the need to build clinical trial data and to the conservative nature of transplantation physicians. Transplantation is ...
Read more : FTY720 Phase 2/3 news | Views : 2817 | Replies : 4

New Phase 3 trial for an oral therapy

Serono and IVAX to Initiate Phase III Clinical Trial of Mylinax(R) in Multiple Sclerosis

January 11, 2005 - PRNewswire-FirstCall - Serono and IVAX Corporation announced today that they will initiate a Phase III study with Mylinax(R) (a proprietary oral formulation of cladribine) in the first quarter of 2005. This multi-center, multi-national study is designed to assess the effectiveness of Mylinax(R) in patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. Endpoints will include assessments of clinical relapses, ...
Read more : New Phase 3 trial for an oral therapy | Views : 2363 | Replies : 4

Antisense VLA-4 inhibitor starts Phase II trials

Antisense Therapeutics Limited and Isis Pharmaceuticals Initiate Phase 2a Trial of Antisense Drug for Multiple Sclerosis
Tuesday December 21, 7:55 am ET

PRNewswire-FirstCall - Antisense Therapeutics Limited and Isis Pharmaceuticals announced today the initiation of a Phase 2a clinical trial of ATL1102 in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).

ATL1102 is a second-generation antisense inhibitor of an immune system protein called VLA-4 (alpha-4 integrin chain; CD49d). ATL1102 is designed to block the synthesis of VLA-4 which ...
Read more : Antisense VLA-4 inhibitor starts Phase II trials | Views : 1681 | Replies : 0

A USC-invented vaccine for multiple sclerosis New Trial

Early days, but an interesting approach.

A USC-invented vaccine for multiple sclerosis (MS) is about to enter
Phase II clinical trials
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/info/pr/1vol5/526/ms.html

A USC-invented vaccine for multiple sclerosis (MS) is about to enter
Phase II clinical trials, backed by a combined $3.5 million in
funding-including a $1.1 million award from the National Multiple
Sclerosis Society that is one of its largest in recent memory, as well
as $2.4 million ...
Read more : A USC-invented vaccine for multiple sclerosis New Trial | Views : 3393 | Replies : 12

MS Research

Folks, ' myelinrepair.org ' May answer some of our questions. They have just posted some of their research findings on cell life cycle and myelin cycles, and possible preservation. A foundation of ONE of us, working to find a cure as quickly as possible. Take a look! HaGrtD ZZZZ
Read more : MS Research | Views : 1711 | Replies : 0

Autism

Dear all,

The following article was on the BBC's website today. While not directly related to MS there is some very familiar language - inflammation in the brain etc.

I hope it is of interest to those with a more scientific bent e.g. OddDuck.

Bromley

PS Given all her contributions, shouldn't we be paying OddDuck?

Brain inflammation link to autism

Autism is a mysterious condition
Scientists have produced compelling evidence that autism may in some ...
Read more : Autism | Views : 1437 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222366 • Total topics 23096 • Total members 14621

Contact us | Terms of Service