It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 am

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Phase I/II therapeutic

This article talks about an early phase MS therapeutic I haven't heard of before, Tovaxin...

PharmaFrontiers Completes Acquisition of Multiple Sclerosis Cell Therapy Developer Opexa Pharmaceuticals Inc.

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 8, 2004--Cell therapy developer PharmaFrontiers Corporation (OTCBB:PFTR) has closed its previously announced acquisition of Opexa Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Houston-based developer of cell-based therapeutics for autoimmune diseases, initially targeting multiple sclerosis (MS).

In the all-stock transaction, Opexa shareholders received 2.5 million shares, or approximately 25 percent of ...
Read more : Phase I/II therapeutic | Views : 2644 | Replies : 5

Some info about an upcoming phase 2 trial of daclizumab

This from Protein Design Lab's quarterly results announcement today,

"Preparatory work for a PDL (Protein Design Lab) study of daclizumab in multiple sclerosis (MS) continues, and the company currently plans to initiate a Phase II study in MS in the first quarter of 2005."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stori ... 686&EDATE=

Here is a little more info on dclizumab (Zenapax) just in case it's of interest.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/%5Cpdf ... trials.pdf ...
Read more : Some info about an upcoming phase 2 trial of daclizumab | Views : 1843 | Replies : 1

BioMS Medical

Some encouraging news from Canada.

BioMS Medical Provides Multiple Sclerosis Trial Update
Tuesday October 26, 7:00 am ET

- Dr. Mark Freedman announced as Lead Investigator -
TSX: MS
EDMONTON, Oct. 26 /CNW/ - BioMS Medical Corp (TSX: MS - News), a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), is pleased to announce Dr. Mark Freedman, Professor of Neurology at the University of Ottawa and Director of the Multiple Sclerosis Research Clinic at ...
Read more : BioMS Medical | Views : 1326 | Replies : 0

help make aimspro available soon

A website has now been set up by volunteers to give the widest possible support to make Aimspro available as soon as possible.

Have a look at:

http://www.proventus.org.uk/

There is also a plan to send a petition to the UK government to speed up the legislation proces of this important medicin.

As many people should sign this petition to help this action.

You can sign the petition on:

Read more : help make aimspro available soon | Views : 1908 | Replies : 1

non-antibiotic tetracycline on the horizon?

Interesting.

http://www.multiple-sclerosis-mf.org/

Ruan Multiple Sclerosis Center Projects
M.L.Kirby

The Ruan Multiple Sclerosis Center was the recipient of our 2003 research funding campaign. Drs. Bruce Hughes, Michael Jacoby and Michael Kirby are using the funds donated by the MARS Foundation to begin a safety study of a promising new class of MS drugs. A very early, Phase I clinical trial of a non-antibiotic tetracycline that acts as a specific enzyme ...
Read more : non-antibiotic tetracycline on the horizon? | Views : 1868 | Replies : 2

The odds of successful drug development

Interesting information about the odds of getting a drug approved in the US.

"Drug Development: The Current Odds

The August issue of Nature Reviews: Drug Discovery has an alarming article on the attrition rates in drug development. I often get questions about these figures, and it's good to have a fresh look at the data. Among the ten largest pharma companies, in the period 1991-2000, here's the breakdown:

38% of the drugs taken in the ...
Read more : The odds of successful drug development | Views : 2001 | Replies : 3

Antibiotics and MS

After serious reflection, I decided to stop using the ABCR drugs as a treatment. I do want to try Minocycline as an alternative treatment. My main question is what is the consequence on being on antibiotics for long periods of time? Is it true that after some time your body builds up an immunity to the antibiotic? Or this only pertains to certain types of antibiotic medicine?

All be well.
Read more : Antibiotics and MS | Views : 2681 | Replies : 8

AIMSPRO / Caprivax

Here's a link to an article about some UK based research others might be interested in. The article is IMHO in the "Is this the miracle cure?" genre but the research sounds interesting. Measure the editorial quality by knowing that the the printed version of the article appeared with a quarter page picture of a goat's beard - wasn't dried goat's spit combed from goat's beards once thought to be an aphrodisiac?

The drug under ...
Read more : AIMSPRO / Caprivax | Views : 2206 | Replies : 0

MBP8298 enters phase III

Sorry, time to leave the board.

-finn
Read more : MBP8298 enters phase III | Views : 1632 | Replies : 0

Pioglitazone

Yet another medication that will start clinical trials for MS. This one is already being used for diabetes.

There have been alot of advances in therapy in MS since I was diagnosed a year and a half ago. I hope this pace continues for years to come.

Here is the article http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-06/uoia-utd060704.php.
Read more : Pioglitazone | Views : 1518 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220814 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service