It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:30 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

try this new game!!

:D hi ya'll try out this new version of tic tac toe you'll love it!! for real

http://stuff.pyzam.com/toys/tictacscare.swf

let me know what ya think 8)
Read more : try this new game!! | Views : 2345 | Replies : 13

Are there indicators for a good or bad disease course?

Hi Guys,

Because i'm obsessed with ms and what may happen in the future i have been wondering if anyone knows if there is anything that may indicate what disease course you may have.

I have read in the past that what happens in the first 5 years may be an indicator of what your ms may do in the future, if it's going to be mild or more aggressive.

If ms is so unpredictable ...
Read more : Are there indicators for a good or bad disease course? | Views : 1401 | Replies : 3

MRI of the Spine

Hello to all-

I'm due for another MRI...the majority of my lesions were in my brain in my previous MRIs, yet I had a single one in my spine. My neuro told me that another MRI of the spine was not necessary due to the lack of newer clinical signs related to it. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

thanks in advance,

TOL
Read more : MRI of the Spine | Views : 1615 | Replies : 2

President Signs the ADA Amendments Act — a Bill Reaffirming

Oct 06, 2008

President Signs the ADA Amendments Act — a Bill Reaffirming Protections for People with Disabilities

The power of the Society’s MS activist network to help move public policy legislation forward was dramatically illustrated with the recent passage and signing of the ADA Amendments Act, which brings millions of people back under the protection of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

When originally signed into law in 1990, the ADA made it clear that ...

Step towards understanding MS's variability

How often have we wondered why the course of MS varies so much from person to person, and why we respond so differently to various treatments? This new discovery might be a step towards understanding that:
Public release date: 13-Oct-2008

amaxmen@rockefeller.edu
212-327-8393
Rockefeller University Press
Response to immune protein determines pathology of multiple sclerosis

New research ...
Read more : Step towards understanding MS's variability | Views : 1914 | Replies : 4

Economic meltdown effects on MS treatments?

I have no idea, but i think it naive not to think the current climate will not have any effect on MS treatments. I am thinking people will be more restrained with investing in medical treatments in the pipeline that MAY turn out big later.
Read more : Economic meltdown effects on MS treatments? | Views : 1427 | Replies : 2

Amitriptyline wearing off after only 6 wks....?

Hi all
had a nasty relapse about 7 weeks ago. Severe fatigue for 3 weeks, and a huge increase in neurological pain - you know the crawling, itching, pricking, nagging, gnawing horrible pain. It was all down my right side - just my right side - and I had twitching too so I wasn't sleeping.

The neurology clinic's nurse sent me a script for very low dose Amitriptyline (I think it's called Elavil in some ...
Read more : Amitriptyline wearing off after only 6 wks....? | Views : 1950 | Replies : 3

Interesting alliance

It sounds like Germany held a "BioPharma" competition to fund drug development. One of the winning groups, NeuroAllianz, is trying to develop therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.

Winning Consortium NeuroAllianz in the BioPharma Competition counts on UNIarray Technology

October 9, 2008 - Protagen AG, a leading provider of GMP compliant protein analytical services, protein bioinformatics, and protein biochips has won the BMBF’s BioPharma competition jointly with consortium “NeuroAllianz”. The twelve project partners will develop therapeutic as ...
Read more : Interesting alliance | Views : 1309 | Replies : 0

I'm picking up good vibrations...

I hope this works.

MS sufferers feel the benefits of vibration trial

A trial to determine the benefits of vibration therapy for Multiple Sclerosis sufferers is having an immediate impact on participants, one stating that she could feel her feet again, and another saying the treatment left her legs tingling and buzzing like they hadn't felt in years.

Study supervisor Dr Steve Stannard says the trial was devised to see whether side-to-side alternating vibration therapy ...
Read more : I'm picking up good vibrations... | Views : 1685 | Replies : 3

25-foot walk rules question, is jogging allowed?

So here's the shocker of the week.

Last night Kim "reacted" to my racing around before bed (turning off the lights and locking the doors, etc.) by racing me to the stairs. Kim was just trying to be faster than me, but without thinking about it, she ran. I saw her run. You could call it a light jog, but for the briefest of moments, she was completely airborne!

I looked at her in shock ...
Read more : 25-foot walk rules question, is jogging allowed? | Views : 2011 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240857 • Total topics 26339 • Total members 17543

Contact us | Terms of Service