It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:30 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

question re surgery

Hello, my sister has MS and I visit your site from time to time. I am not very computer techno savy so plse bear with me if I have sent this to the wrong place. My sister was diagnosed 2 years ago and has had a pretty challenging time with her MS. She suffers from a variety of symptoms and manages but not without some difficulty at times--- as I am sure you can all ...
Read more : question re surgery | Views : 1767 | Replies : 6

Devics disease

I assume this subject has come up before but I thought it may be worth a re-visit. More than a few in my local MS chapter have been re-diagnosed with Devics and not MS. I had never even heard of this disease before. The Mayo clinic seems to be the front-runner in diagnosis and treatment of Devics. It may be worth some investigation for a lot of "diagnosed as MS" patients.
Lars
Read more : Devics disease | Views : 2257 | Replies : 7

Cedars-Sinai event - anyone go?

I wish I had known about this day about MS held at Cedars-Sinai (Los Angeles). I would certainly have gone.

http://www.cedars-sinai.com/13124.html

I wonder if the 'celebrity guest' was Montel Williams.

Does anyone know about the MS program at Cedars?

Jack Sprat
Read more : Cedars-Sinai event - anyone go? | Views : 1324 | Replies : 0

The Fight Against MS- Friday, April 11 on Montel

FYI- For those of us in the states-
Montel William's program for Friday, April 11
Featuring Clay Walker, recording artist and Ann Boroch, naturopath and author of Healing Multiple Sclerosis
From his website
http://www.montelshow.com/show/today/friday/

The guests on today's show say have multiple sclerosis but multiple sclerosis doesn't have them. We'll talk with Clay Walker, a multiplatinum recording artist about his career, his struggle with MS and with the charity ...
Read more : The Fight Against MS- Friday, April 11 on Montel | Views : 4862 | Replies : 23

A 10min survey on the psychological impact of MS

Hello,

We are conducting a research study about the psychological impact of living with MS. It is a short 10 minute questionnaire normally completed over the phone and for which we will pay an incentive of 30 Euro for your time.

We have already nearly finished our study, having completed 43 interviews of the 50 required. We require another 7 MS sufferers in Denmark to complete our survey.

If you are able to help please ...
Read more : A 10min survey on the psychological impact of MS | Views : 1462 | Replies : 0

The blood brain barrier and neurons

Although this article focuses on ALS, it's a good summary of the effect of a leaky BBB on the central nervous system. The gene for SOD 1 has also been implicated in MS. The review mentioned at the end of the article sounds interesting: has anyone had a chance to read it?
tom_rickey@urmc.rochester.edu
585-275-7954
University of Rochester Medical Center
Leaky blood vessels open up nerve cells ...
Read more : The blood brain barrier and neurons | Views : 3669 | Replies : 19

Helminth/MS clinical trial

A little more information about a known upcoming clinical trial http://www.primenewswire.com/newsroom/n ... l?d=139544 but how Asphelia came into play, I've no idea http://www.aspheliapharma.com/

Bob
Read more : Helminth/MS clinical trial | Views : 2151 | Replies : 9

symptoms without inflammation?

Is it possible to have symptoms without inflammtion?

I asked about this in another thread. I just had an MRI last week which showed no new lesions or active lesions, no enhancement. but I have symptoms that are coming back from an 8 month relapse. I only had 1 month symptom free pretty much.

My neuro feels I am still RRMS, but from what Iread wouldn't this make me SPMS?
Read more : symptoms without inflammation? | Views : 2847 | Replies : 14

Australian study

Yet another example of sloppy journalism: an article light on facts and specifics, and which doesn't seem to know the difference between a study and the treatment.

New Wesley Research Institute study aims to halt the progression of multiple sclerosis
'Might prove the most effective treatment of MS ever' -- research leader

A new research study being conducted at The Wesley Research Institute (WRI) aims to stop the progression of early active stage Multiple ...
Read more : Australian study | Views : 2705 | Replies : 8

Neublastin Study

"Biogen Idec in collaboration with scientists at the University of Arizona and Tufts University reported in the April issue of the journal Nature Neuroscience that in preclinical studies, injections of the protein neublastin promoted the regeneration of damaged sensory nerve cells and produced virtually complete, long-term restoration of sensory and motor function. These studies suggest neublastin has potential for further development as a treatment for traumatic nerve injury.
Neublastin, also known as artemin, belongs to ...
Read more : Neublastin Study | Views : 1216 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233920 • Total topics 25124 • Total members 16303

Contact us | Terms of Service