It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Computer-based molecular modeling in drug discovery

Computer modeling in drug discovery

I have been asked to comment on a treatment protocol being put forward based on computer modeling of small molecules in the ligand binding sites of receptors. I am not familiar with the protocol but I can comment on some of the many caveats that must be considered when interpreting computer-based modeling of drug-protein interactions. The bottom line is that the modeling by itself is only suggestive of possibilities, not ...
Read more : Computer-based molecular modeling in drug discovery | Views : 2926 | Replies : 4

My neurologist appointment yesterday

Was AWESOME!! He spent over 2 hours with me, talking about many things. He was actually more interested in hearing about what I had done in life and my artwork than anything :)

He said he treats many with burning mouth syndrome, and he's familiar with the treatment methods for this. He began by discussing neurontin, and then he actually asked me what I think I should ...
Read more : My neurologist appointment yesterday | Views : 1626 | Replies : 2

How long for interferons?

How long do interferons remain in our systems?

I can't seem to find any information to find how long it takes for our bodies to be clear of it. I would imagine there must be variances with methods (subcutaneous vs. intramuscular) and type and of course we all have different metabolisms.

I have been off of Rebif for two months now. I read somewhere recently that it takes up to 6 months for Rebif and ...
Read more : How long for interferons? | Views : 1632 | Replies : 2

help please!!

so as some of you may know from my previous posts, i've been suspicious of having MS for about a month or so now. Well, my opthomalogist agreed to get me an MRI (with and without contrast). The results came in today and i'm at a loss. Technically, the MRI came back clear. No lesions whatsoever. The only thing is it showed some "thickening" or "scarring" ( i forget exactly what word they used) on ...
Read more : help please!! | Views : 3296 | Replies : 15

Low white blood count yet again

I've been freezing at night since i gave birth 3 month ago.
Got bloods done.

Thyroid ok, iron ok, but for about fifth time in last 8 years, I have a low white blood count.
My gp is going to retest in a few weeks.
But just wondering if any other MS'ers have had a low white blood count?
Maybe its copaxone?

Just a tiny worry emerging......lupus? I had positive ANA when I had tests ...
Read more : Low white blood count yet again | Views : 2203 | Replies : 5

National MS Walk

allright You wonderful people :D reach way down in your pockets and donate 8)
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/ ... fr_id=8287
Read more : National MS Walk | Views : 1499 | Replies : 2

urinary symptoms and reflexology

I'll look at the glass as half-full. At least reflexology might help with urinary symptoms

The efficacy of reflexology: systematic review.

J Adv Nurs. 2008 Jun;62(5):512-20.
Wang MY, Tsai PS, Lee PH, Chang WY, Yang CM.
Graduate Institute of Medical Science, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan.

AIM
This paper is a report of a systematic review to evaluate the efficacy of reflexology in any condition.

BACKGROUND
Anecdotal evidence has shown potential benefits of ...
Read more : urinary symptoms and reflexology | Views : 1818 | Replies : 4

Carpet cleaning business and MS

Hello,

I am very early in the course of MS. I've been mildly symptomatic for about 2 years now. However I am very conscious that the disease will get worse given time. Additionally the costs of supplementation & eating well are causing bit of a pinch on my finances. I therefore need to earn considerably more money than my current income to give myself some financial padding for my uncertain future.

I've been looking into ...
Read more : Carpet cleaning business and MS | Views : 1688 | Replies : 7

Does anyone have constant neck cracking?

I'm so frustrated with it and I don't know what to do. It cracks all the time. Is it from muscle weakness and if I do strengthening exercises will it stop?
Thx
Read more : Does anyone have constant neck cracking? | Views : 15696 | Replies : 19

Making Schwann Cells Young Again....

Better than botox...

"Myelin-making Schwann cells have an ability every aging Hollywood star would envy: they can become young again. According to a study appearing in the May 19 issue of the Journal of Cell Biology, David B. Parkinson (University College London, London, UK) and colleagues have pinned down a protein that returns the cells to their youth, a finding that might help researchers understand why myelin production falters in some diseases.

Wrapped around neurons ...
Read more : Making Schwann Cells Young Again.... | Views : 1556 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235156 • Total topics 25376 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service