It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:31 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Stem cells

This paper should be posted in the stem cell section, but I thought was worthy of being posted in the General section. I have spoken to two MS researchers in the last week or so - one at Cambridge and the other at the Institute of Neurology in London. The impression I got was that much work was going on behind the scenes and that prop;er stem cell treatments (i.e fully tested - not the ...
Read more : Stem cells | Views : 950 | Replies : 2

EDSS self assesment

I have never had my EDSS done by a professional. I have read various sites that provide a break down of how to come to an EDSS. Such as http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3468/edss-fs.html

But even this information lacks how to combine the scores to one. Anyone know how this should be done?

Or an explanation of what to do with "8. Other function"
Read more : EDSS self assesment | Views : 1636 | Replies : 9

Asymtomatic brain damage in relatives of MS

Interesting.

Asymptomatic first-degree relatives of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) demonstrate focal brain tissue abnormalities indistinguishable from those of MS, researchers reported in April in Annals of Neurology journal.

http://www.ms-network.com/intl/msnetwork/general/news_and_views/news/news/tcm_4159.jsp
Read more : Asymtomatic brain damage in relatives of MS | Views : 1298 | Replies : 2

Accidents

I think I could have worked this one out in 5 mins even with a reducing brain. Did they really need to do research on it?

<shortened url>
Read more : Accidents | Views : 1090 | Replies : 2

Ion Channel Knowledgebase

This isn't a breakthrough press release or anything, but I'm glad to read that an "Ion Channel Knowledgebase" exists because it seems there's something funny going on with our ion channels.

Aureus Pharma Licenses AurSCOPE Ion Channel Knowledgebase to Xention

June 29, 2006 -- PRNewswire -- Aureus Pharma a leading provider of knowledge management solutions to accelerate discovery in the life sciences industry, announces that Xention, a drug discovery and development company focusing on ion ...
Read more : Ion Channel Knowledgebase | Views : 892 | Replies : 1

BBB Permeability?

Just wanted to gather all your knowledge on BBB Permeability reduction, and what we can do now. For example, with suppliments.

The thing that triggered this line of thought was probably the thread http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2477.html which had statins reducing BBB permeability.

Now I (think I) know tysabri works by making the stuff too big to pass through the BBB. And when I did a search on this site, i also came accross the article "Interferon-Beta Treatment ...
Read more : BBB Permeability? | Views : 2988 | Replies : 14

Immunology research

Whether you are an auto-immune theory supporter or not, the immune system plays a key role in driving this disease. A new collaborative project has been announced -

New immunology research collaboration established

Singapore's Agency forScience, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and The Australian National University establish immunology research collaboration. A*STAR's Centre for Molecular Medicine (CMM) and the Australian Phenomics Facility based at The Australian National University (APF ANU) have established an immunology research partnership ...
Read more : Immunology research | Views : 836 | Replies : 1

what to do

hey there everyone,
i just got done catching up with things on here...i finally went on a vacation...down to key west..had a great time....took care of myself while i was down there so as not to end up seeing someone down there...however i got back on saturday and on monday when i came into work i found out my neurologist had gone on vacation while i was gone and passed away...i mean dang now i ...
Read more : what to do | Views : 898 | Replies : 3

C-Ice

A little light reading...

Could hemp be the hot new healthy ingredient?

By Jess Halliday

26/06/2006 - The health-enhancing properties of hemp have come under the spotlight this month with the launch of a drink containing hemp-blossom syrup (Cannabis sativa) in the UK, which is also being tested by multiple sclerosis sufferers for its potential to alleviate lag pain and spasms.

The drink, called C-Ice, was develop by Austrian company Thurella and launched by distributor ...
Read more : C-Ice | Views : 776 | Replies : 0

Research Matters

Dear all,

The UK MS Society produces a booklet called Research Matters. The latest edition is attached. It covers the different modifying drugs, work looking at re-myelination etc. It's worth a read.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=1366
Read more : Research Matters | Views : 1208 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216470 • Total topics 22115 • Total members 13908