It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:30 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Serrapeptase and MS

Hi all.

I have recently come across an enzyme called serrapeptase. It is said that it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties. I have searched the site for more information on it but I have only found this thread containing just a couple of posts, dated almost two years ago.

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-821-previous.html

I was wondering whether somebody else has ever tried it on MS. It seems compatible with the CRABs and ...
Read more : Serrapeptase and MS | Views : 2740 | Replies : 1

Lhermitte's sign

Hello to everyone, I have posted a couple of times but it has been quite a while, I have a reasonable question that I just cant help asking this forum (where people with some experience will hopefully show up). That fellow called Lhermitte's sign has been fooling around with me for a month now, and due to the fact that the symptoms (when I bend my neck) are getting exponentially worse (the tingling and all) ...
Read more : Lhermitte's sign | Views : 4007 | Replies : 18

Measuring Axonal Damage

http://jnnp.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/63/6/736
Although conventional MRI is sensitive in detecting the lesions of multiple sclerosis, it disclosed neither demyelination nor axon loss itself. Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) is a nuclear magnetic resonance technique which has the potential to detect axon loss non-invasively during life. The normal proton spectrum is dominated by N-acetyl derived groups (NA; the sum of N-acetyl aspartate (NAA) and N-acetylaspartylglutamate).7 The predominant component of the NA peak is NAA, an amino acid of ...
Read more : Measuring Axonal Damage | Views : 740 | Replies : 0

Dopamine Drug Leads to New Neurons (in parkinson mice)

http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jul2006/ninds-04.htm

In preliminary results, researchers have shown that a drug which mimics the effects of the nerve-signaling chemical dopamine causes new neurons to develop in the part of the brain where cells are lost in Parkinson's disease (PD). The drug also led to long-lasting recovery of function in an animal model of PD. The findings may lead to new ways of treating PD and other neurodegenerative diseases.

Animals treated for 8 weeks also developed almost ...
Read more : Dopamine Drug Leads to New Neurons (in parkinson mice) | Views : 701 | Replies : 0

New Tovaxin Forum

As dignan graciously reminded me, there are a number of people who are going to be interacting with Tovaxin in the coming months. We've set up a new forum for Tovaxin-specific discussions:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum-36.html

Hope it's helpful and thank you to all in advance for the robust, respectful and informative discussions I'm sure we'll see there.
Read more : New Tovaxin Forum | Views : 1026 | Replies : 0

Hormones and MS

This is a question for anyone who may know the answer or for anyone who may even want to hazard a guess. Remember the studies where estriol may be of benefit to MS? Well, what do you think about the opposite? What if the body were depleted of estrogen? What do you think would happen to a person's MS? Do you think it would worsen? Even men have small amounts of estrogen in their bodies. ...
Read more : Hormones and MS | Views : 2757 | Replies : 19

Very nearly 3000 members. Very well done Arron :D A significant contribution in The War Against Msism.
Read more : 3000 | Views : 1702 | Replies : 15

Multiple Sclerosis Quarterly Report (MSQR)

My MSQR, the publication from the North American Research Committee on MS (www.narcoms.org), arrived this week--free to me for participating in their surveys. The following came from the feature article, "Diagnosis and Treatment of Tremors," ( pg. 9) and may interest some here:

"Drug-induced Tremor: Certain drugs are known to induce or worsen tremor in some patients. Table 2 provides a list of some of the most common ...
Read more : Multiple Sclerosis Quarterly Report (MSQR) | Views : 947 | Replies : 1

for amelia - interesting paper on Devic's vs. MS

If someone has posted this elsewhere, please forgive.

amelia has got me very interested in Devic's. Here is a recent paper on Devic's vs MS and aquaporin-4.

: Acta Neuropathol (Berl). 2006 Dec 2; Links
Absence of aquaporin-4 expression in lesions of neuromyelitis optica but increased expression in multiple sclerosis lesions and normal-appearing white matter.Sinclair C, Kirk J, Herron B, Fitzgerald U, McQuaid S.
Neuropathology Laboratory, Institute of Pathology, Royal ...
Read more : for amelia - interesting paper on Devic's vs. MS | Views : 896 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220821 • Total topics 22883 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service