It is currently Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

What do you do to stay well?

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to know what those people who are well with ms/CIS do to to stay that way.

I mean are you taking any supplements? exercising? meds? diet? whatever.

I have had a CIS and waiting for an mri with contrast to most likely start on Avonex.
I'm well and symptom free thankfully but this is all very new.

Thanks

Elly :D ...
Read more : What do you do to stay well? | Views : 1497 | Replies : 4

Hey Gang! Any fellas on Androgel?

Hello friends.

Been reading this board for years, this is my first post. I've been so in the closet for the seven years I've been dealing with this nonsense (I'm now 32) I couldn't even bring myself to post on a message board using a fake name. When friends (except for the closest of them) ask me why I'm limping so badly, I tell them I have a bad back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, to the point ...
Read more : Hey Gang! Any fellas on Androgel? | Views : 2294 | Replies : 7

Sugar supplement

Sugar supplement may harbor cure for multiple sclerosis
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 (EST)

Researchers have found that a sugar supplement may help treat the overactive immune cells that are responsible for autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and type 1 diabetes, and stop them attacking the body's tissues.

London, June 8 (ANI): University of California, Irvine researchers have found that a sugar supplement may help treat the overactive immune cells that ...
Read more : Sugar supplement | Views : 1185 | Replies : 0

Myelin repair?

This should open a can of worms. What are thought to be the best ways to promote myelin repair?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Myelin repair? | Views : 5896 | Replies : 41

Anyone heard of esperanza homeopathic neuropeptide?

I've just received my magazine from the New Pathways publishers which is for MSers and they have included an article about the esperanza neuropeptide sublingual spray which costs a staggering £5,450. Does anyone know anything about this stuff? It looks a bit snake oily to me but just wondering if anyone had heard anything good about it.
Read more : Anyone heard of esperanza homeopathic neuropeptide? | Views : 2520 | Replies : 5

Chronic helminth infections induce immunomodulation:

By now everyone is probably aware of my long fascination and obsession with the (strong) possibility that the loss of "evolutionary normal" conditions (Hygiene Hypothesis) in the "developed" populations led to those same populations having a primary predisposition to allergy, asthma and autoimmune disease.

Although most of her early work was specific to allergies and asthma, Maria Yazdanbakhsh of Leiden University is an eminent pioneer in this infant field of research.
Bob

Immunobiology. 2007;212(6):475-90. Epub ...
Read more : Chronic helminth infections induce immunomodulation: | Views : 1771 | Replies : 7

Glutathione - Role in MS

Can some body please explain the role of Glutathione in MS and what should be taken or done to rectify any problems?

Thanks, I'm normally really good at researching, but I'm absolutely shattered this week!

Abe
Read more : Glutathione - Role in MS | Views : 7086 | Replies : 5

twitch, tremor, shake and flicker

HEllo to all you out there in the forum.

I have posted some pretty heavy stuff in the past. Possibly this one is less depressing, but somehow I doubt it. Lately I have started having a lot of bizarre symptoms. I get these twitches and tremors that are almost a constant. When I try to flex or contract my muscles I shake pretty badly. I also feel like my whole body, vision, balance, etc is ...
Read more : twitch, tremor, shake and flicker | Views : 2173 | Replies : 12

Nanomedicine to regenerate nerve cells

This doesn't involve stem cells and looks like it could be an interesting alternative...further research required, as always.

Nanomedicine opens the way for nerve cell regeneration

Eurekalert - The ability to regenerate nerve cells in the body could reduce the effects of trauma and disease in a dramatic way. In two presentations at the NSTI Nanotech 2007 Conference, researchers describe the use of nanotechnology to enhance the regeneration of nerve cells. In the first method, ...
Read more : Nanomedicine to regenerate nerve cells | Views : 1069 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226209 • Total topics 23788 • Total members 15093

Contact us | Terms of Service