It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:49 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

recommend a neurologist

I am looking for a neurologist in the downtown Chicago area. Can anyone recommend one?
Read more : recommend a neurologist | Views : 1796 | Replies : 2

Social Security Income and Copaxone

Do any of you know if I'll stop getting copaxone for free if I get SSI? If not, do you know what the copay would be for it?
Read more : Social Security Income and Copaxone | Views : 1193 | Replies : 0

my good news update!

Hi everybody-

I feel terrible for just now posting this, but the doctor told me last friday that everything looked clear and I can take ms off of the table- as soon as I heard that I think I quit thinking about ms totally and felt like a load was taken off of me! My husband asked me last night if I'd posted an update here and I realized I hadn't! I never came back! ...
Read more : my good news update! | Views : 1344 | Replies : 2

Massive tremor and shaking when stretching & yawning.

I have recently been getting massive tremors and shaking when I stretch, or yawn. This is pretty troubling. When I am in bed and I do a little stretch my whole body shakes like a scene from invasion of the body snatchers movie. It also is apparent when I do something as benign as a yawn. What the hay is that? Has anyone else had this, or am I breaking new ground with my bizzare ...
Read more : Massive tremor and shaking when stretching & yawning. | Views : 27558 | Replies : 7

Venlafaxine (Effexor) exhibits anti-inflammatory effect

Abstract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... d=17445357

Department of Neurology, Neuroimmunology, Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Growing evidence indicates immunoregulatory effects of various antidepressants. Through the interaction of the nervous and immune systems, the norepinephrine-serotonin system was shown to modulate inflammatory CNS diseases. Thus, we examined the norepinephrine-serotonin reuptake inhibitor venlafaxine in an astroglia-microglia co-culture model which allows mimicking of an inflammatory milieu by increasing the cultured microglial fraction. Astrocytic membrane resting ...
Read more : Venlafaxine (Effexor) exhibits anti-inflammatory effect | Views : 1744 | Replies : 1

to watergypsy

Hey, I sent you a messege
Read more : to watergypsy | Views : 1131 | Replies : 0

EBV

Everyone loves EBV...

Selective association of multiple sclerosis withinfectious mononucleosis.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jan 21
Zaadstra BM, Chorus AM, Van Buuren S, Kalsbeek H, van Noort JM.
Department of Prevention and Care, TNO Quality of Life, Leiden, The Netherlands and Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands.

Previous studies have suggested an association between multiple sclerosis (MS) and infectious mononucleosis (IM) but data on the exact strength of this association ...
Read more : EBV | Views : 1427 | Replies : 0

New therapeutic target

Went to Cambridge today for a check-up. As I came out of the lift I bumped into Raven (Robin) - what a small world.

I have now met four posters on this site - Raven, Muu, Loriyas and Jaded. Can anyone beat that?

I never want to meet Lyon (because of the shiny shirts mainly) or Chris55 (who is a sandwich short of a picnic) - just thinking out loud.

I'd like to meet Jimmylegs ...
Read more : New therapeutic target | Views : 2105 | Replies : 9

More Worms for Bob

I thought you might find this interesting Bob: an antigen from the eggs of parasitic worms seems to restrict the development of EAE in mice, though not if given after the onset of the disease:
J Neuroimmunol. 2008 Jan 18
Related Articles

Soluble egg antigen from Schistosoma japonicum modulates the progression of chronic progressive experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via Th2-shift response.

Zheng X, Hu X, Zhou G, Lu Z, Qiu W, Bao ...
Read more : More Worms for Bob | Views : 1363 | Replies : 0

Does anyone experience dizziness?

I was diagnosed with MS about 5 years ago. I am currently on Avonex and take Low Dose Naltrexone. My biggest sympton of my MS is a feeling of dizziness. Does anyone else experience dizziness and what treatments do you use to help combat that?
Read more : Does anyone experience dizziness? | Views : 2407 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232032 • Total topics 24784 • Total members 15949

Contact us | Terms of Service