It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

PML brain infection with the drug Cellcept

This news has been circulating for a few months but thought I would post for all to see. Some neurologists are using Cellcept as off label treatment for MS. For those being offered Cellcept as an MS treatment you should be aware that there were 10 confirmed and 7 possible cases of PML with the use of this drug. This is the deadly brain infection that the 3 Tysabri users caught and died from. The ...
Read more : PML brain infection with the drug Cellcept | Views : 2010 | Replies : 2

Improved Diagnosis of MS with MEG

I am a participant in a research study sponsored by Orasi Medical, Inc. Title of the study is: "Improved Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis using Magnetoencephalography (MEG) and the Synchronous Neural Interaction" The machine used looks kind of like one of the old conical shaped hair dryers. You lie down and the machine is moved to the top of your head. It takes about five minutes. A whole lot easier than a brain MRI! The machine ...
Read more : Improved Diagnosis of MS with MEG | Views : 1478 | Replies : 0

Autopsy

Last September, after my wife Marg passed away, I had asked the hospital to conduct an autopsy. She had MS for 36 years and I wanted to learn how extensive the disease had progressed and what caused her death. It took 8 months before all the information was available and I discussed these findings with Marg's neurologist and also got an opinion from another person involved in MS research.

As for the cause of death....sepsis ...
Read more : Autopsy | Views : 4526 | Replies : 33

Stem Cells For Hope *New!

A new website that talks about Stem Cell Therapy with those who have MS.

http://www.stemcellsforhope.org/forums/

Read more : Stem Cells For Hope *New! | Views : 1728 | Replies : 3

Weschler test anyone?

I got a letter today that told me I have an appt. with a psychologist to take a "Weschler Test" for disability consideration. What does this consist of? Thanks for any info, I didn't find out much online.
Read more : Weschler test anyone? | Views : 1760 | Replies : 1

no matter what

is there anyone out there that has a certain point of disability that will put them over the edge or is that not the BRAVE thing to do, i know that i will not live the rest of my life like this, it's to much for my wife and i.reading how most are doing so good with their drug of choice is not helping me any so thanks for this site and good luck.
Read more : no matter what | Views : 4590 | Replies : 32

Lidoderm??

My doctor gave me these patches for some back pain I have been having. He made sure to tell me that there are NO side effects on this patch.
Well I always do research on any drug I take, cause you just never know, and there is a LONG list of common side effects. Most of which are MS like. dizzyness blurred vision , double vision. None of which I have experience as part of ...
Read more : Lidoderm?? | Views : 1189 | Replies : 0

Drug Company Documentary

Pharmaceutical Fraud? Prescription for Disaster Documentary
http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2007 ... saster.htm

i imagine someone's already posted this on here somewhere, but if so i didn't catch it.
i found it by googling multiple sclerosis scam pharmaceutical. haven't watched it yet, but plan to. you have to scroll about halfway down to find the video itself.

i'm sure it's nothing we don't all basically know already, but yea. here it is anyway ...
Read more : Drug Company Documentary | Views : 2241 | Replies : 12

EBV / MS research

Some more EBV / MS research which came out today (was posted on the MSIF website today)

http://www.msif.org/goexternal.rm?id=4087
Read more : EBV / MS research | Views : 3369 | Replies : 17

My vit d results back - insufficient levels - what next?

Hi all
Jimmylegs you are the forum expert on this I know, but its open to anyone to reply :lol:
As suggested I asked GP for measure of Vit D levels and they have come back at 54 (despite supplementation of 400 iu about every day) - nurse said this is "insufficient".

I have seen this excellent guide to MS and Vit D by the Australian MS ...
Read more : My vit d results back - insufficient levels - what next? | Views : 1840 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237119 • Total topics 25720 • Total members 17009

Contact us | Terms of Service