It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:01 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS Journal

Hi everyone!

I am new here and wanted to extend an invitation to all my fellow MS'ers. I have been writing a journal of my experience with MS so far. Please feel free to check it out if you'd like. I try to add some humor to the posts, as we all know a little humor can go a long way. :lol:

Thank you!

Please click on ...
Read more : MS Journal | Views : 1584 | Replies : 1

ACP January 09 Newsletter

Accelerated Cure Project has enrolled 1,000th case study participant in repository:

http://www.acceleratedcure.org/download ... ol0704.pdf
Read more : ACP January 09 Newsletter | Views : 1572 | Replies : 1

To chelate or not to chelate...?

Oh well, nobody else seems to want to start this thread so here goes! I should point out that I know little about this subject apart from what I’ve learned from this forum and Google..

For anyone who is new to the term ‘chelation’ it means (in non technical terms) the removal of unwanted substances, such as heavy metals, from the body. An iron chelator is a substance which binds with iron and removes it ...
Read more : To chelate or not to chelate...? | Views : 2685 | Replies : 13

Xtend-Life

My loving wife has gotten this multivitamin for us.

Anyone else used it?
Read more : Xtend-Life | Views : 1668 | Replies : 7

neurontin ques

I've been in a great deal of pain lately, mostly legs and feet (my arches) The neuro suggested I start neurontin.
Can anyone share their experineces with this drug. I hesitate to add another 'everyday' drug to treat a 'not everyday' issue.
Does it take a few days for it to build to an effective dose?
Can you use it and go off it when you're feeling better? or is it dangerous to do so? ...
Read more : neurontin ques | Views : 4691 | Replies : 30

Ear problems

I am having severe problems with my ears. They are stopped up, the right ear more than the left and it is horrible. I don't have a cold or sinus or ear infection that I know of.

I don't know if this is MS related or just a coincidence. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? I did not sleep at all last night and need some relief.

Thanks, CF
Read more : Ear problems | Views : 14282 | Replies : 13

Husband has MS...am I overdoing it?

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS last week. He was hospitalized right before Christmas because he lost complete balance and coordination on his left side (arm and leg).

Since we received his diagnosis and he returned to work I won't let him do much at home because I'm afraid that he will have a relapse. He had a problem on Monday at work where his left arm went a little numb again. Am I ...
Read more : Husband has MS...am I overdoing it? | Views : 2031 | Replies : 7

Bad Case

Hi everybody, my mom was diagnosed about two months ago and since then has not started any medication. Her insurance company has only approved the Avonex, which her doctor will not approve because of the side effects and her small stature. The problem is that since she isn't on any thing to stop the progression it is just getting worse and the insurance company will not budge. Do you have any ideas to help us ...
Read more : Bad Case | Views : 1690 | Replies : 4

Teaching immune cells

This looks like some interesting new research...

Implant raises cellular army to attack cancer

Implants that sit in the body and reprogram a person's immune cells could be used to treat a range of infectious diseases and even cancer. In a trial on mice with an aggressive melanoma that usually kills within 25 days, the new treatment saved 90% of the group.

Because cancer cells originate within the body, the immune system usually leaves them ...
Read more : Teaching immune cells | Views : 1677 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242887 • Total topics 26657 • Total members 17823

Contact us | Terms of Service