It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:04 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Started Cytoxan Today

First of six infusions to be given once per month. So far, no adverse effects whatsoever. Hopefully that will continue and I'll actually see some benefits.

Anyone else on here tried Cytoxan other than the Revimmune crew?

Thanks.
Read more : Started Cytoxan Today | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0

Another target

Another day another target. I think minocycline has an effect on MMPs.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j13 ... 4&w=464753
Read more : Another target | Views : 1554 | Replies : 4

Remyelination in mice

Lucky mice, maybe one day we can be like the mice...

Remyelination after chronic spinal cord injury is associated with proliferation of endogenous adult progenitor cells after systemic administration of guanosine.

Purinergic Signal. 2008 Mar;4(1):61-71. Epub 2008 Jan 8.
Jiang S, Ballerini P, Buccella S, Giuliani P, Jiang C, Huang X, Rathbone MP.
Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery, Neurobiology), McMaster University, Health Sciences Centre, 4E15, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada, ...
Read more : Remyelination in mice | Views : 1252 | Replies : 0

10 Deadliest Drugs

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100198254

Here we go again! See no. 8 listed in this article...Avonex, Betaseron and Rebif. What does this mean? That if you don't keep up with your labs that it could cause irreversable liver damage? This article doesn't really explain why it is on the 10 Deadliest Drugs list.

Thanks! :(
Read more : 10 Deadliest Drugs | Views : 1850 | Replies : 1

Question: relapse after infection

Hi guys

I have noticed a number of members mentioning a relapse following an infection - such as tummy bug, 'flu etc.
My question is, in general, how long does it normally take between the illness and the relapse? Does the relapse occur weeks after the illness has resolved, or within a few days? Can it happen just after the illness starts, while you are still sick?
I haven't paid a lot of attention previously ...
Read more : Question: relapse after infection | Views : 2086 | Replies : 11

T-cell division made simple

A useful drawing for the layman interested in the immune system.
Read more : T-cell division made simple | Views : 1423 | Replies : 0

EBV and genetics

Interesting, not sure if this has been posted already...

Investigators Explore MS Risk Conferred by Combination of Gene and Virus

A new study suggests that if a person has a specific gene and has high serum levels of antibodies to a specific virus, the person’s risk of developing multiple sclerosis is greatly magnified, much more than having either risk factor alone. Drs. Philip De Jager, Alberto Ascherio and colleagues from Harvard and other institutions found ...
Read more : EBV and genetics | Views : 1733 | Replies : 2

Rite of passage

I had my first solumedrol drip today. I had a relapse over the weekend - vetibular ataxia. My first definite relapse since diagnosis last year. Yippee :(

I am getting the drip for three more days. The nurse told me about some side effects but they didn't seem to match some other ones I've read about, so I'm curious to know what your experiences on it were. ...
Read more : Rite of passage | Views : 1993 | Replies : 6

Impending dx

Tomorrow afternoon I am seeing the neuro. I have not had a dx yet, only docs murmuring that MS is likely. I had a whole bunch of tests in early january and tomorrow I am getting the results ( the joys of the NHS & 3 month waits for appointments).

I am now absolutely terrified. After fighting for a year to be taken seriously by doctors I am now praying that they will tell me ...
Read more : Impending dx | Views : 3447 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233480 • Total topics 25053 • Total members 16210

Contact us | Terms of Service