It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:04 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

To Copaxone or not to Copaxone

Hi All,

My 33 year old wife is facing a decision on Copaxone and I'd be interested in people's feedback. :)

Bit of background - she had her first Optic Neuritis 11 years ago and subsequently has had one more Optic Neuritis 4 years ago and a Sensory relapse this year - so 3 relapses in 11 years. In all cases she has recovered 99%.

After the ...
Read more : To Copaxone or not to Copaxone | Views : 2653 | Replies : 8

PPMS - does it always mean the patient will end up bedbound?

The more I read about PPMS - and of course seeing the worst examples on the internet -- the more scared I become.

My H was dx in 2000 after having sx since 1994 -- he has PPMS but can still walk with two canes, drives and goes to work -- needs no assistance from me with personal activities of daily living.

Are we looknig at a future ( our supposedly great retirement) with hoyer ...
Read more : PPMS - does it always mean the patient will end up bedbound? | Views : 2918 | Replies : 12

Hookworm to fight allergies

This might be intersting to some, who are watching helminth immun-modulation for MS:

http://www.medgadget.com/archives/2008/ ... tment.html

--Frank
Read more : Hookworm to fight allergies | Views : 1492 | Replies : 0

hay fever and relapse?!

Hi @all,

maybe someone has an idea or a similar experience...

Have you ever experienced any connection between allergy (as e.g. hay fever) and relapses?

The phenomenon: my younger sister (dx with MS Nov 2006) has severe hay fever, she always needs antihistamine etc. in spring and summer. Now she has a relapse ( :( ) with changes in sensation in her leg but the strange thing: ...
Read more : hay fever and relapse?! | Views : 3057 | Replies : 10

Support Group?

I want to start by thanking everyone o this site, there is a wealth of information shared, as well as just a good attitude.

I work for the Advocate health System, and am involved in opening an offsite Imediate Med Care place quite close to where I live.
The building has a community room which no one seems to have a use for as yet.

My thought was to start an MS support group for ...
Read more : Support Group? | Views : 1761 | Replies : 9

Bike the US for MS - coming to a town near you.

Greetings!

My name is Donald Fraser and I have created a fundraiser for MS research called "Bike the US for MS". We will be biking from Virginia to Oregon, and volunteering along the way. If MS affects you or your family, we want to stop and meet you. Please email info@biketheusforms.org if you live close to the route. Visit www.biketheusforms.org for route information.

My ...
Read more : Bike the US for MS - coming to a town near you. | Views : 1516 | Replies : 2

Hearing loss

I need some help on this potential symptom. It's only been one day so I may be freaking out, but the issue came on in dramatic fashion (overnight) and I can't figure out a root cause. I went to bed last night 100% baseline normal. Eyes a little blurry, legs a little weak, needing to pee, but otherwise normal. I wake up this morning and my left ear is ringing/roaring like I went to a ...
Read more : Hearing loss | Views : 1451 | Replies : 4

Interesting article "The Itch"

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008 ... ntPage=all
I am a lurker, seldom post but I think the above article is fascinating and may have some info to help some of us. Its called "The Itch" in this weeks New Yorker magazine
Read more : Interesting article "The Itch" | Views : 1596 | Replies : 2

Flu Symptoms on Avonex

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I just started injecting Avonex again after a seven month break (tonight is actually my first night). After two years of injecting, the flu symptoms and mood swings were getting to me so I stopped. Well in that seven month time frame my left foot eventually became completely numb about 95% of the time. My balance is way off and now my right side is ...
Read more : Flu Symptoms on Avonex | Views : 1682 | Replies : 4

question # 1000 it seems like

Of course, since I'm "into" the importance of plasticity, there is also the possibility that her MS and resulting damage continues ominously at a rate in which plasticity is able to it's job and keep her from noticing the damage as it accumulates.

this is so well put bob we are all under attack all the time it's just that when our own bodies can't keep up with the repairs we start to notice ...
Read more : question # 1000 it seems like | Views : 1407 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237074 • Total topics 25710 • Total members 16999

Contact us | Terms of Service