It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:17 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Concrete sandwich and concussion

Two Fridays ago I fell down an flight of 3 stairs and did a face plant onto the concrete below. I fractured my skull, was knocked unconcious and suffered a stage 3 concussion. Wow, I spent 2 days in ICU and another in the hospital. I had CSF fluid coming out of my ears in the ER.

I am starting to recover, but the headache and balance are still bad. I believe my fall was ...
Read more : Concrete sandwich and concussion | Views : 2362 | Replies : 12

I am beginning to think the rituxan is working for me. Last weekend I spent most of my time either fishing or working in the yard. The fishing isn't out of the ordinary but the heavy duty yard work is. It was hot and I was running a chainsaw all day. This is the first time in a long while that I have been able to do something like this. It feels so good to ...
Read more : MY RITUXAN | Views : 1457 | Replies : 1

MRI's, lesions and black holes for dummies.....

Hi All, ... i_94040948

I found this very useful when I was starting out learning about MS and lesions etc.

Hope you do too.

Read more : MRI's, lesions and black holes for dummies..... | Views : 1783 | Replies : 2

What´s this?

Hi there.

I´ve joined the board today only after spending a few weeks reading some information in here and i would like to ask you about the symptoms i´m having.

I´m not diagnosed with MS yet, and i really hope never but it looks like there is something going on.

So my history started in November 2007 with double vision. I´ve gone first to the oftamologist to check what this was and he sent me ...
Read more : What´s this? | Views : 2119 | Replies : 12

Has a doctor ever looked at.....

your tongue?
This was a first for Jeff the other day. The new holistic doc studied his tongue for awhile.
"Hmmmm.....", he said.
"That's interesting. You have a geographic or fissured tongue. It happens in about 15% of the population. Could be genetic, might be related to a virus. We'll have to look into that."

Not to be too navel-gazing, just wondering how many folks have ever had their tongues scrutinized. It used to be ...
Read more : Has a doctor ever looked at..... | Views : 2679 | Replies : 5

NMSS Ohio Valley 150K Bike Run

My brother is raising funds for the NMSS. He did it last year for the first time and raised $10,000 on his own. If you click on this link there is a picture of me with him (I know a bunch out here are starting to share pictures and here's one with me in and I didn't have to do the work to put it there).
I can only hope that everyone with this ...
Read more : NMSS Ohio Valley 150K Bike Run | Views : 1631 | Replies : 2

MS/TM/NMO/ADEM Scientific Conference for Patients

If you have any interest in seeing some scientific presentations on MS/TM/NMO/ADEM, meeting other patients, and hob-nobbing with researchers, then I highly recommend this symposium:

It's in Seattle July 16 - 19, 2008 and is a great opportunity to learn about these diseases, meet others who have them, and talk to the researchers who are working on them. I'll be there and would love it if you would introduce yourself if you see me.
Read more : MS/TM/NMO/ADEM Scientific Conference for Patients | Views : 1482 | Replies : 0

Weird Bruising

I started Betaseron a month ago, and I feel sick all teh time. As my boyfrend put it, it seems like the syptoms from teh ms are going away yet I dont look like I am getting better.
you ever bump into something like a chair or table simply cause you didnt see it, well I did that and now i have instant bruise its not small either its welts out and is about 5 ...
Read more : Weird Bruising | Views : 1848 | Replies : 2

What has helped you with fatigue?

My worst symptom so far is the fatigue. What has helped you with your fatigue?

I have PPMS, a mild case, not yet affecting me physically (legs and arms) too much. The fatigue is kicking my behind.

What have you done to help with this?

All suggestions will be appreciated.
Read more : What has helped you with fatigue? | Views : 1941 | Replies : 5

Little son - how do I minimise his risk?

my little son is 2 months old. To my shock I recently read that the tranmission rate to children of a parent with MS is 1 in 10 - whereas I had always read up until recently that it was 1 in 100. 1 in 10 is so high, I am a bit worried about his future. But I suppose he has a 9 in 10 chance of NOT having it.....

What things should ...
Read more : Little son - how do I minimise his risk? | Views : 1674 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234588 • Total topics 25253 • Total members 16462

Contact us | Terms of Service