It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:25 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

pinworm

can anyone help me get pinworm eggs :arrow:
Read more : pinworm | Views : 2784 | Replies : 14

MS and Insurance issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent follower of MS News for about 2 years now. However this is my first time reaching the community.

My fiance was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago. I am not exactly clear which type her MS is (neither her or her doctors know for sure). She lives in Germany and as you may know, German government covers her medical expenses. She is taking shots (I believe every other ...
Read more : MS and Insurance issues | Views : 2331 | Replies : 7

Suggestion for this site - Geographical groups

This is a suggestion, or, really, a request, for something that I would find vitally useful, and I think many others here would, too.

That is to create an area on this site with forums organized by geographical region. It could be U.S. - West Coast, East Coast, Midwest, Southwest, Gulf States, or even as local as Tri-State Area (NY-NJ-CT), Northern California vs Southern California, etc.

A lot of aspects of treatment are geography-specific. Most ...
Read more : Suggestion for this site - Geographical groups | Views : 2538 | Replies : 14

Party!

I have been thinking about this for a long time. TIMS is a loosely knit group of people with the commonality of MS. I thought it would be nice if we all got together. My thought was to plan a get-together in Naples, FL, perhaps for a weekend. I think the best time to do this would be next March, 2009. It would allow those of you located in the cold weather to get a ...
Read more : Party! | Views : 1835 | Replies : 5

rr vs spms and ppms

I am thinking of the saying no question is to stupid to ask :) here anyway!

-I know the difference on how they happen rr coming and going spms being more constant but milder than ppms but what is the actually difference?
-How do they change from one to another?
-Is it still the immune system doing the damage in all these forms of ms or does ...
Read more : rr vs spms and ppms | Views : 12183 | Replies : 87

Optic Neuritis

I am fairly convinced that I have optic neuritis again but in my left eye this time. I have had pain on movement and a noticible change to my vision (blurriness) for a couple of weeks and have now reached the point where the pain is constant and the accompanying headache is no better.

Unfortunately as I still have not had a dx or have even met my current neuro I don't know what to ...
Read more : Optic Neuritis | Views : 3693 | Replies : 22

Genomic Scans...a conundrum

A thought provoking essay in the LA Times written by a young woman who had a genomic test done by Navigenics, utilizing the technology of the genotyping chip. For those of us with children who might wonder if our kids have the genetic predisposition for MS....would this test be blessing or curse?

It's not cheap...$2500 for a spit analysis. I'm not rushing out any time soon for this test for my child (or myself- my ...
Read more : Genomic Scans...a conundrum | Views : 1602 | Replies : 2

Optical Coherence Tomography- interesting

Hi All,
I generally post things here after they have been discussed at great length but I thought this might interest some who have not heard of it. I initially read about this in Southwestern Medicine Magazine which is a publication from UT Southwestern. This link is from a Johns Hopkins study, I'm not sure who is really the leading research facility but no matter, give it a read.
Lars
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_re ...

Injuring yourself....via MS...

Soo...since my first attack in late Dec 2007, I've been ok....just waiting for my June MRI (for full diagnosis or to continue to wait).

I injured my knee at work about two weeks ago. I (work in a hospital in radiology) was bringing a patient down for a study. I filed a workmans comp claim and recently started physical therapy to try and get the knee back in shape. I had a consultation where we ...
Read more : Injuring yourself....via MS... | Views : 1388 | Replies : 0

Muscle aches

Does anyone have muscle aches? I read a lot about how people with MS have joint pain and nerve pain. But I dont have that, This is something kind of new, it started with my last relapse a little and came back a week ago. It's just my muscles that ache all ove rmy body.

I did think it might be the directic I started taking recently taking for my BP, but I wasnt taking ...
Read more : Muscle aches | Views : 2456 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234248 • Total topics 25184 • Total members 16406

Contact us | Terms of Service