It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Bromley is back

Ian

I see that you are online. Tell us everything about your experience in the trial.

gwa :D
Read more : Bromley is back | Views : 2326 | Replies : 15

diet for robbie

robbie,

Here are a couple of articles I am posting in response to your question about diet and MS. I have known for years that John Hopkins uses a high fat diet to stop seizures in children. Something is going on in the brains to rewire these kids so that the seizures stop.

It has been awhile since I read about this treatment, but I do remember that after a year or so of the ...
Read more : diet for robbie | Views : 883 | Replies : 3

Interesting MH treatment

I work for the SC Dept. of Mental Health. Found this article regarding the "brain" very interesting. I do recall--years ago--a woman MS was struck by lightening. She never had any MS problems again. What they DON'T know about the brain......
---------------------------

Newsweek, 12/11/06 Edition
Magnets: A New Depression Treatment?
An experimental treatment offers promise for some patients whose depression resists standard medications and shock therapy.
By Michael Craig Miller, M.D., Newsweek

Dec. 11, 2006 ...
Read more : Interesting MH treatment | Views : 746 | Replies : 0

Connectivity Map

This looks like an interesting effort to measure the effect of drugs on genes and tie the results to what is known about the genetics of diseases.

The Connectivity Map: using gene-expression signatures to connect small molecules, genes, and disease.

Science. 2006 Sep 29;313(5795):1929-35.
Lamb J, Crawford ED, Peck D, Modell JW, Blat IC, Wrobel MJ, Lerner J, Brunet JP, Subramanian A, Ross KN, Reich M, Hieronymus H, Wei G, Armstrong SA, Haggarty SJ, Clemons ...
Read more : Connectivity Map | Views : 911 | Replies : 0

New discovery about autoimmune relapses

Interesting discovery about the role of osteopontin in relapses.

Molecule linked to autoimmune disease relapses identified at Stanford

Dec 3/06 -- STANFORD, Calif. -- The ebb and flow of such autoimmune diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis has long been a perplexing mystery. But new findings from the Stanford University School of Medicine bring scientists closer to solving the puzzle, identifying a molecule that appears to play a central role in relapses.

The ...
Read more : New discovery about autoimmune relapses | Views : 1232 | Replies : 7

Homeostatic Expansion

Read more : Homeostatic Expansion | Views : 917 | Replies : 3

More new discoveries

Here is another article about new discoveries regarding destruction of myelin. There is so much news anymore that it is hard to keep up with everything.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=50664116

A German team has found a new clue to the cause of MS, one that could lead to new treatments, says Roger Highfield

Molecules in the body that are thought to attack the “insulation” in nerves to cause multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : More new discoveries | Views : 1159 | Replies : 4

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis

Has this been posted already? Just thought it was an interesting study....

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis patients

Although spontaneous remyelination does occur in multiple sclerosis lesions, its extent within the global population with this disease is presently unknown. We have systematically analysed the incidence and distribution of completely remyelinated lesions (so-called shadow plaques) or partially remyelinated lesions (shadow plaque areas) in 51 autopsies of patients with different clinical courses and ...
Read more : Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis | Views : 1374 | Replies : 2

blood pressure and ms

Hi:
Has anyone developed “quick onset hypertension”? My blood pressure is always high at the dr’s office (150/90) office but then goes back down. I got taken to an emergency room (see my post in daily life) and it stayed up the whole 8+ hours at 160/116 yikes!. I found a story that described a similar experience at

http://infoonms.bizland.com/aboutus.html

It’s sounds tough to treat but I’m not so sure ...
Read more : blood pressure and ms | Views : 1839 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220769 • Total topics 22873 • Total members 14445

Contact us | Terms of Service