It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:55 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Relapse but with a positive note

I have very obviously had another relapse. My R leg is dragging and weak and I have balance problems and weakness in my R arm too. As well as the pain all over my lower body.

I know I usually moan so I wanted to say something positive. My GP is great, she has prescribed me something-pentine for the nerve pain and is gonna kick some butt for me! I also have a physio appt ...
Read more : Relapse but with a positive note | Views : 2042 | Replies : 10

HELP PLEASE - MY MRI RESULT

Hi,

I'm not Dx as yet. My MRI scan result following first bout of Optic Neuritis is below. The neuro only got the result by phone and gave me a very fast overview which was basically - its not clear but not much we can do. Just wait and see etc etc .

Here it is

Conclusion Three small areas of T2 hyperintensity are noted on the brain study. The two supratentorial foci in isolation ...
Read more : HELP PLEASE - MY MRI RESULT | Views : 2251 | Replies : 5

Brain stem lesions

I know very little about these, and of course I didn't think to question and prod the neuro I saw today further. Are these classified as 'classic' MS lesions? I know I've seen enough references to MS and brain stem lesions linked to MS. If in fact I have these (as the neuro I saw today suspects), which would be the cause of headaches/migraines and burning mouth... will copaxone therapy possibly help with these lesions ...
Read more : Brain stem lesions | Views : 5677 | Replies : 14

A $26,000 wheelchair

But it is COOL! If I ever get to that point, I hope I can get one.

ibotnow dot com
Read more : A $26,000 wheelchair | Views : 1706 | Replies : 1

Saw new neurologist today

Since my awesome neurologist is out till the 20th, I saw another neuro today, who does not feel that I am in a relapse, as I am not exhibiting new symptoms. He called it a 'flare'.

So that means, 3 days of steroid by IV no taper period, instead of the original 5 and taper. So that's good news.

I talked with him about my burning mouth situation, and he was very familiar with this ...
Read more : Saw new neurologist today | Views : 1567 | Replies : 1

MS Symptom???

I don't want to start thinking every little thing that happens to me is MS-related but this has happened once before.

My skin is painfully touch sensitive, from about the waist down but especially on my thighs. It's really hard to describe but touching my skin hurts - I am sitting in a chair at the moment and the pressure of my thigh on the chair is uncomfortable. It's got to the point that I ...
Read more : MS Symptom??? | Views : 2806 | Replies : 7

Flickering Eye....

Hi,

Just finished with ON but the eye I had it in now flickers a lot. Must be a nerve under eye-lid but I'm not sure.

Anyone else got this ( esp after ON?)

Thanks
Read more : Flickering Eye.... | Views : 6396 | Replies : 18

Read more : . | Views : 1445 | Replies : 1

You've probably heard it but.....

I finally am making some progress and just had a great telephone call with a neuro-physiotherapist who has told me that doing stuff like Pilates and working with a gym ball will improve my core stability and will make life easier if/when I have another relapse.

Thought I'd share it in case it hadn't been heard before. It's news to me!
Read more : You've probably heard it but..... | Views : 1968 | Replies : 5

Pregnacy, hormone therapy and MS

Our gynecologict wants to give my wife clomiphane citrate and chorionic gonadotropin hormone (Pregnyl) in order to increase her fertility as she tries to get pregnant.
I have read two trials about clomiphane that suggest against it in MS due to increased relapse rate after therapy but can't find something for HCG, one big trial says it stops type II diavetes progression while other small study says it may increase relapses, what to believe?
Her ...
Read more : Pregnacy, hormone therapy and MS | Views : 1500 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235157 • Total topics 25377 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service