It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:50 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Is this optic neuritis?

Hi all-

Lately, I've been feeling a little more "MSish". Some of the stuff is stuff I've had before. But, lately, I also have been feeling an odd sensation around my eyes. It is as if they are a little achy. My vision doesn't seem to get blurry, but I find myself having to make a little extra effort to focus (sorry if that doesn't make sense). FYI...I started a new job recently and my ...
Read more : Is this optic neuritis? | Views : 3295 | Replies : 17

Western Blot Results and Treatment MS now Lyme ???

I got the results of my Lyme test and started treatment.

IgeneX Western Blot:
IGM - 28 ++, 31 IND, 39 +, 41+, 58 +, 66 +, 83-93 IND.
IGG - 39 IND, 41 +, 45 +.

I started IV antibiotics (Rocethin or Rocephin???), not sure on spelling. Will be doing this 2hrs 4 days a week with evalluation/testing every 4 weeks. Lyme Doctor said with Lyme Disease the rule is for every year ...
Read more : Western Blot Results and Treatment MS now Lyme ??? | Views : 1914 | Replies : 4

Virtual reality device improves gait in MS

This press-release introduces a new devices to help MS patients improve their gait.

Here you can find the products homepage.
The complete (audio+video) device is available for 1145$.

Read more : Virtual reality device improves gait in MS | Views : 1959 | Replies : 2

Peptide which can cause autoimmunity

This article doesn't mention MS, and its relevance depends on whether you stand by the "autoimmune" theory or not, but the identification of a key part of the immune response to tissue damage sounds as if it might be important. What triggers it in the first place, and why it remains active for too long, are yet to be answered, but the fact that LL 37 is released by epithelial cells is intriguing:

Public release ...
Read more : Peptide which can cause autoimmunity | Views : 1058 | Replies : 0

Genetic Predisposition

I know I brought this subject up about a year ago but there is no doubt that we have all learned a lot in the time since.

The assumption of genetic predisposition is one of the earliest and longest held assumptions in the history of modern MS research.

The assumption of genetic predisposition was/is based on incidence data showing that MS predominantly, at that time almost exclusively, affected light skinned caucasians, seemingly regardless of location ...
Read more : Genetic Predisposition | Views : 1634 | Replies : 5

PPMS Seminar from John Hopkins Group

Here's a link to something rare --- a seminar on PPMS. ... essive.asp
Read more : PPMS Seminar from John Hopkins Group | Views : 968 | Replies : 0

Worms (one for Lyon)

As the "worm man" you might be interested in the following. A different kind of worm, but British, so a superior worm than those you have promoted.

All the best

Ian ... 9&w=464753
Read more : Worms (one for Lyon) | Views : 1215 | Replies : 2

More T-reg cells not necessarily better

Boosting the number of regulatory T cells sounds like a good idea because it calms down excessive immune activity directed against the body's own tissue. However, this research suggests that because T-reg cells also recognise foreign invaders like viruses and bacteria, boosting their numbers could calm down the response to these things as well, which would be unwelcome,

Public release date: 14-Sep-2007

Read more : More T-reg cells not necessarily better | Views : 832 | Replies : 0

Sweet sleep...

Dear MS community-

Please advise on how to help my husband, recently dx last March. He has difficulty staying asleep, due to painful spasms at night. The baclofen prescribed isn't effective.

It seems as though there's a vicious cycle going on, related to interrupted sleep cycles, leading to fatigue the next day. He's just plain zonked all the time. Amantadine and ginseng and caffeine get him thru the day, and he falls asleep easily at ...
Read more : Sweet sleep... | Views : 4267 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228673 • Total topics 24195 • Total members 15489

Contact us | Terms of Service