It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

another herb to strengthen the vasculature

This herb is Chuanxiong. From Wikipedia:
Ligusticum wallichii is a flowering plant in the carrot family best known for its use in traditional Chinese medicine where it is considered one of the 50 fundamental herbs. It is known by the common names chuānxiōng (川芎) and Szechuan lovage. Biologically active compounds in the plant include tetramethylpyrazine. It is native to India and Nepal.

and from pubmed:
1: Microvasc Res. 2002 Mar;63(2):218-26. Links
Studies on single-cell adhesion ...
Read more : another herb to strengthen the vasculature | Views : 2115 | Replies : 3

Ethanol and the vasculature

I'm afraid to note that in my experience and from research on pubmed, it seems very likely that over-indulgence with alcohol will negatively impact the vasculature by causing excessive endothelin 1 reactivity.
1: J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006 Aug;318(2):819-27. Epub 2006 May 1. Links
Ethanol consumption enhances endothelin-1-induced contraction in the isolated rat carotid.Tirapelli CR, Casolari DA, Montezano AC, Yogi A, Tostes RC, Legros E, D'Orléans-Juste P, Lanchote VL, Uyemura SA, de Oliveira AM.
Department ...
Read more : Ethanol and the vasculature | Views : 1409 | Replies : 2

Leaving a Job???

Would you leave a job, that is recession proof(I live in US) , for a job that may not be recession proof and pays over double what you currently make?
Read more : Leaving a Job??? | Views : 1879 | Replies : 9

Imuran anyone

I searched the forums a bit, but too many off topic hits. Is anyone on Imuran for MS. My ahole neuro gave me an Rx for that crap like passing out M&Ms on Halloween. I am skeptical of the immunosurpressant. I got a jar in my Rx graveyard though.
Read more : Imuran anyone | Views : 1422 | Replies : 4

what is the value of a partner?

My husband is leaving me after 22 years of what I thought was a healthy and good marriage. I was blindsided by this. He feels that he has fallen in love with someone else. I do not think his reasons are at all related to my MS. Instead, I think this is a full-blown mid-life crisis complete with a variety of cliches and well known syndromes.

I was diagnosed 4.5 years ago. I was never ...
Read more : what is the value of a partner? | Views : 2466 | Replies : 13

Fire Drills

Has anyone been through a fire drill at work or in a condo/apartment building?

There was a fire drill at my office today. We're on the third floor but thankfully I am in good shape right now. If there had been one after my last relapse however, I don't know what would have happened.

I asked our Facilities Manager what the protocol for disabled people is and she couldn't answer me and is looking into ...
Read more : Fire Drills | Views : 1204 | Replies : 1

Home Sick

Well I am sitting at home sick with some kind of funk that is going around. I need to be working very badly since the 31st of Oct is my last day of work. Our office is being shut down, they call it consolidation because that does not sound like closed and 5 people are losing their jobs. They want it to sound like a good thing.

It is not a good thing. 5 people ...
Read more : Home Sick | Views : 1941 | Replies : 8

The Doctors

its this new show on TV I dont know if you guys had discussed it or not, but watching today (I work at a TV station) there was a story on this lady who has MS and they tryed out this device on her to help improve her walking.
Ness L300 Drop Foot Device

Michelle, 42, was devastated when she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis four years ago. “I had an MRI and the doctor ...
Read more : The Doctors | Views : 1996 | Replies : 3

Death by Caffeine

Ok see how much it will take to kill you.
:evil:
and no there is no evil man gonna jump out at you when you open this link. Promise :P
http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine
Read more : Death by Caffeine | Views : 1445 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241305 • Total topics 26407 • Total members 17574

Contact us | Terms of Service