It is currently Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:04 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams

Here is an interesting article on Acorda:

Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams

By JULIE MORAN ALTERIO
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original Publication: June 4, 2007)

For most people, walking is as simple as breathing. You simply look where you want to go and your muscles and nerves seamlessly do the rest.

But what if along the way, some of the signals from your brain to your muscles were lost? Walking would become much harder.

That's ...
Read more : Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams | Views : 1534 | Replies : 5

Colds?

Hi all,

I know there have been posts about colds preceding an attack. While I haven't had that happen at this point, what I have found is that colds hit me much harder then they used to. Has anyone else noticed this?

thanks,

TOL
Read more : Colds? | Views : 1046 | Replies : 1

Herniated discs causing my walking problems

Hello,

It has been a while since I logged on. I recently asked a friend of mine who is a radiologist if he can do an MRI of my spine. My back pain was too much to handle. He did one and found that I have three herniated discs and one is a thoracic herniated disc.

My neurologists were quite surprised. I have been doing brain MRIs for the longest time and no spine MRIs. ...
Read more : Herniated discs causing my walking problems | Views : 3357 | Replies : 5

rapeseed oil-canola oil revisited

I used to have a good memory--no longer--MS?

It seems to me I recall some discussion about rapeseed vs. canola oil--can't remember where or who.

Anyway, I came across the following in my current reading (Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus, page 116):
From 1956 to 1974, oils made from rape seed containing up to 40% erucic acid were marketed for human consumption in Canada. In response to government concerns about the ...
Read more : rapeseed oil-canola oil revisited | Views : 1071 | Replies : 2

Consortium of MS Centers Mtg--Abstracts

Hi all

I haven't read any of them yet but links on this page will lead you to some of the presentation/poster abstracts from the Consortium of MS Centers Annual Meeting that is "in progress".

Happy reading. :)

Sharon
Read more : Consortium of MS Centers Mtg--Abstracts | Views : 1156 | Replies : 1

Internet Database of MS-Patients

I found this place very useful to share Data about MS-Patients life and have ones own MS diary.
Maybe some would like to consider joining this great project, too.

http://www.patientslikeme.com/

--Frank
Read more : Internet Database of MS-Patients | Views : 1421 | Replies : 1

What is happening??

Hello all!I haven't been here for some times because of some personal health problem..I need your help... Can someone explain what the hell is happening? A friend recommended me a medication and told me that it is a good medication.Well, I am used to buying all my medicines on an online Canadian pharmacy but I don’t know why each time I click on the submit button I get a controlled substance list appearing in front ...
Read more : What is happening?? | Views : 2461 | Replies : 5

Lyrica?

My girlfriend was just prescribed Lyrica for her nerve pain and she calls it a "miracle drug". Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this medication.
Read more : Lyrica? | Views : 1467 | Replies : 4

POLL Sick with cold when you had your first attack?

Just curious.... Were you sick with a cold when you had your first attack?
Read more : POLL Sick with cold when you had your first attack? | Views : 2117 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226210 • Total topics 23788 • Total members 15093

Contact us | Terms of Service