It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS and Breast Implants

Has anyone here have Breast Implants.. I was diagnosed with MS and Am trying to figure out if possible What and Why. I am praying that I didnt do this to myself. I can remeber back when I was about 30-31 I was breaking out in sweats at night and having heart palipations, But I was working out really hard back then. I went to the Doctor but the werent sure what it was. I ...
Read more : MS and Breast Implants | Views : 2876 | Replies : 6

CFS

Here's an interesting article about CFS - the experts now say that there is neuro-inflammation, EBV (which causes glandular fever / mono) is the prime suspect, trials are planned (i) using an anti-viral and (ii) using betaferon.

Ian

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 61,00.html
Read more : CFS | Views : 1431 | Replies : 5

Confused...

Here's something that I find particularly confusing. Why isn't MS or any other autoimmune disease listed as an exclusion for donating blood under the Red Cross' Eligibility Guidelines ??? This confuses me because adoptive transfer has been a standard technique in MS research for some time. Take for example the myelin reactive T-cells (MRTCs) that have received so much discussion due to Opexa's Tovaxin therapy under development. The MRTCs (assuming they're not rendered division incompetent ...
Read more : Confused... | Views : 1082 | Replies : 2

nausea

Hi,
I have been nauses for over a week now. Any suggestions till I get to my neuro Tuesday?
Thanks
Read more : nausea | Views : 966 | Replies : 2

Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients

I hope this was the right forum to place that hopeful news in.

I found it especially interesting when taking the following news in regard, where people in italy using BCG vaccination to generate immunetolerance - maybe its the same mechanism of action.
http://neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/53/7/1588

--Frank

Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients
-------------------------------------------------------

Patients with multiple sclerosis who also happen to have an intestinal parasite appear to have ...
Read more : Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients | Views : 5610 | Replies : 27

Cannabinor Phase 2a trial

Pharmos Announces Clinical Data from Phase 2a Trial of Cannabinor for Capsaicin-induced Pain

Safe and Well Tolerated with No Serious Adverse Effects

ISELIN, N.J., Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -. Pharmos Corp. today announced preliminary results from its Phase 2a study evaluating intravenous (i.v.) cannabinor, a CB2-selective synthetic cannabinoid compound, in a capsaicin-induced pain model. The drug candidate did not meet the primary endpoint defined by analgesic effects compared to placebo, but confirmed safety and tolerability observed ...
Read more : Cannabinor Phase 2a trial | Views : 761 | Replies : 0

Imaging compounds

Bayer Schering To Develop Imaging Compounds To Detect Neurodegenerative Diseases

Bayer Schering Pharma AG has signed a license and option agreement with Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd., and the National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Japan, to develop novel imaging compounds for the detection of neurodegenerative diseases.
The diseases include Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other disorders also associated with neuroinflammation such as multiple sclerosis.

Under the terms of the agreement Bayer Schering ...
Read more : Imaging compounds | Views : 1081 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222280 • Total topics 23086 • Total members 14616

Contact us | Terms of Service