It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Uric acid crops up again

Nothing really new here, just confirmation of what has been said before on this site,

Dom.

Uric acid and spinal cord injury treatment
A novel approach from Rutgers holds potential for central nervous system damage

NEW BRUNSWICK/PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Uric acid is commonly associated with the excruciatingly painful joint disease known as gout, but it can also play a crucial role in the treatment of spinal cord injury and other central nervous system disorders, such ...
Read more : Uric acid crops up again | Views : 4384 | Replies : 34

Question for the board on ON

i don't know how many of you have developed ON. but i woke up the other day with a real bad pain in my eye..i didn't get alot of sleep over new years or the next day..proably about 6 hours for two nights. i haven't lost any vision and it hurts to the touch.. anyone experience pain with there ON? Thanks for your help...
Read more : Question for the board on ON | Views : 1544 | Replies : 9

Interesting article on green tea

(National-NBC) January 2, 2007 - A compound found in every cell in the body may become a new tool for treating stroke. A study of rats that suffered a stroke found that once blood flow was restored to the brain, giving the rats the compound NAD decreased brain cell death by about 80 percent.

NAD is involved in cell repair and can become depleted after a stroke.

Another study showed a compound in green tea ...
Read more : Interesting article on green tea | Views : 1117 | Replies : 2

New autoimmune disease list

http://www.aarda.org/research/research_ ... .php?ID=47

In case anyone else is interested in a pretty accurate and complete list of the diseases which are thought to be autoimmune in nature.

Bob
Read more : New autoimmune disease list | Views : 5136 | Replies : 44

DXing MS from eye exams

Eye centre detecting MS in early stages 02 January 2007

Doctors in Houston are looking into their patients` eyes to search for early signs of multiple sclerosis.
Using four different and inexpensive eye exams, physicians at the Multiple Sclerosis Eye Centre for Analysis, Research and Education search for abnormalities in the retina and damage to optic nerve fibres. Many doctors agree that, in more than half of patients, the neurological disorder first attacks the eyes, ...
Read more : DXing MS from eye exams | Views : 869 | Replies : 0

Varicella Zoster Virus

Can we all now agree that it is 100% certain that viruses play a role in MS? Gets a bit murkier when you try to figure out how many viruses could be involved and exactly how they are involved...requires further study...check back in 15 years...

Increased prevalence of varicella zoster virus DNA in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with multiple sclerosis.

J Med Virol. 2007 Feb;79(2):192-9.
Mancuso R, Delbue S, Borghi E, Pagani E, Calvo MG, ...
Read more : Varicella Zoster Virus | Views : 877 | Replies : 1

Hope for all

This is the last paragraph of an interview between Medscape and Dr Cohen, an MS expert. The words are those of Dr Cohen. It is a good
read for starting the new year.

It is the second story at the following website: http://www.msnewschannel.com

"Finally, we have great hopes now for reparative therapies, such as therapies using stem cells or other
technologies, which would allow us to repair long-standing damage ...
Read more : Hope for all | Views : 4148 | Replies : 30

Video

A late Christmas present for Harry Z and Lyon. Unlike the other videos you watch, the people in this one keep their clothes on. I can see the two of you now holding hands and drinking beer while playing these clips again and again. At least it will keep the two of you off this site for a few hours. I have received a number of complaints from users with MS asking why some sad ...
Read more : Video | Views : 903 | Replies : 1

Kids with MS

Two articles about kids with MS. As grim as this is, the positive is that it might be easier to identify triggers for the disease in children. The programme for the UK MS Society's research conference in June 2007 is attached and includes a presentation by Associate Professor Brenda Banwell from Toronto on "Environmental and Immunological aspects of paediatric MS - a window into the earliest events in MS pathogenesis".

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=2009 ...
Read more : Kids with MS | Views : 1109 | Replies : 1

ABC Primetime-Medical Mysteries show

ABC Primetime-Medical Mysteries will air an episode about the possible MS/Lyme connection on Jan 10th at 10p.m. EST.

This was posted on CPn Help by a man who has been treated for his MS very successfully with antibiotics and who happens to share doctors with my husband.

Could be interesting viewing.
Read more : ABC Primetime-Medical Mysteries show | Views : 1576 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221694 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service