It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Dilemma

I've been offered a good job with a large organization that has full benefits, yet I am struggling with the decision whether to accept or not. I also have an opportunity to join a small start up company that I find to be a lot of fun (same kind of work, just different environment). This start up may offer benefits in the future, but it is uncertain and not something that is available right now. ...
Read more : Dilemma | Views : 2105 | Replies : 11

Survey on Adjustment to Multiple Sclerosis

Hi,

I'm a Master's student in Health Psychology at the University of Southampton in the UK. I'm researching adjustment to multiple sclerosis. The aim of the study is the development of a new scale '' the Multiple Sclerosis Adjustment Scale (MSAS) '' for assessing the process of adjustment in people with multiple sclerosis. We are trying to understand better how people with multiple sclerosis attempt to adjust to the challenges of their illness. The study ...
Read more : Survey on Adjustment to Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 2800 | Replies : 19

Can doctors really predict a persons course of ms?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my crystal ball questions but unfortunately i can't switch off the "continuously thinking about ms button" :roll:

I have been told by my neuro that they can get a better idea of what a person's ms will do after observing what happens in the first 5-10 years.
I have also read that this may be an indiction of how benign/aggressive your ms ...
Read more : Can doctors really predict a persons course of ms? | Views : 3351 | Replies : 17

Regulatory T cells in microbial infection.

http://tinyurl.com/34sets

I have no idea what they're saying but I like the way they say it! :lol:
Bob
Read more : Regulatory T cells in microbial infection. | Views : 1026 | Replies : 0

The Three (Yes – Three) Stages of MS

The Three (Yes – Three) Stages of MS

By Ashton Embry

Many people think MS has two stages: relapsing remitting (R-R MS) and
secondary progressive (SPMS). I see the MS disease process as having
three distinct stages. The often-ignored and perhaps most critical stage of MS is the first one which can be called pre-clinical MS (PCMS).

The First Stage of MS - Pre-Clinical MS – A Time Bomb Which Explodes Years Later

The MS ...
Read more : The Three (Yes – Three) Stages of MS | Views : 1968 | Replies : 4

Fibrinogen prevents repair of neurons

I think Fibrinogen has been mentioned before, but here is a new report about how it prevents neurons from regrowing after damage:

Public release date: 3-Jul-2007

ddkain@ucsd.edu
619-543-6163
University of California - San Diego

Blood clotting protein may inhibit spinal cord regeneration
Fibrinogen, a blood-clotting protein found in circulating blood, has been found to inhibit the growth ...
Read more : Fibrinogen prevents repair of neurons | Views : 1100 | Replies : 2

Racial difference in MS distribution and severity

I hadn't heard of this before, but it's another incongruity in the distribution of MS:

Public release date: 2-Jul-2007

purdym@wustl.edu
314-286-0122
Washington University School of Medicine

Antibody linked to MS significantly higher in spinal fluid of blacks
St. Louis — An antibody frequently used as a diagnostic marker for multiple sclerosis (MS) is present at greater ...
Read more : Racial difference in MS distribution and severity | Views : 1473 | Replies : 5

Oligoclonal bands

I've always wondered if o bands had anything to do with the current state or progression of MS so this was interesting to me.

Cerebrospinal fluid oligoclonal bands and progression of disability in multiple sclerosis.
Koch M, Heersema D, Mostert J, Teelken A, De Keyser J.
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands. m.w.koch@neuro.umcg.nl

Antibody-mediated inflammation is believed to contribute to tissue injury in ...
Read more : Oligoclonal bands | Views : 1350 | Replies : 0

Research articles

Read more : Research articles | Views : 1538 | Replies : 9

Any good news stories? 20+ years and doing ok?

I was out driving today looking for yard sales, craft shops, antiques, etc. and I ended up in a very rural area at a little consignment shop. While I'm in there a woman comes in and there is a man behind her. I don't notice anything until this woman 'stage whispers' to the woman behind the counter that this guy has ms and his wife has thrown him out of the house. She is trying ...
Read more : Any good news stories? 20+ years and doing ok? | Views : 3680 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227112 • Total topics 23948 • Total members 15285

Contact us | Terms of Service