It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Homeostatic Expansion

Read more : Homeostatic Expansion | Views : 919 | Replies : 3

More new discoveries

Here is another article about new discoveries regarding destruction of myelin. There is so much news anymore that it is hard to keep up with everything.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=50664116

A German team has found a new clue to the cause of MS, one that could lead to new treatments, says Roger Highfield

Molecules in the body that are thought to attack the “insulation” in nerves to cause multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : More new discoveries | Views : 1159 | Replies : 4

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis

Has this been posted already? Just thought it was an interesting study....

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis patients

Although spontaneous remyelination does occur in multiple sclerosis lesions, its extent within the global population with this disease is presently unknown. We have systematically analysed the incidence and distribution of completely remyelinated lesions (so-called shadow plaques) or partially remyelinated lesions (shadow plaque areas) in 51 autopsies of patients with different clinical courses and ...
Read more : Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis | Views : 1375 | Replies : 2

blood pressure and ms

Hi:
Has anyone developed “quick onset hypertension”? My blood pressure is always high at the dr’s office (150/90) office but then goes back down. I got taken to an emergency room (see my post in daily life) and it stayed up the whole 8+ hours at 160/116 yikes!. I found a story that described a similar experience at

http://infoonms.bizland.com/aboutus.html

It’s sounds tough to treat but I’m not so sure ...
Read more : blood pressure and ms | Views : 1840 | Replies : 10

Just curious...what meds are you on for symptoms?

I was just curious what meds others were taking for symptoms. I feel I'm taking so many thing....maybe others can share what works for them. :wink:

I'm taking:
Rebif inj
Prevacid for GERD
Namenda for cognitive problems
Effexor for depression
Ditropan for bladder
Ambien for insomnia
Xanax occasionally for stress/anxiety
Celebrex for arthritis pain
Ultracet for leg pain

Any suggestions for numbness/tingling? Sometimes is makes me ...
Read more : Just curious...what meds are you on for symptoms? | Views : 857 | Replies : 0

Does this ever happen to you?

Sometimes I just feel like I can't wake up. I have to force myself to open my eyes! Has anyone else ever experienced this? 8O

Thanks, Vicki (newbie)
Read more : Does this ever happen to you? | Views : 1040 | Replies : 2

The Letter

What about a letter that expresses all our concerns and our need for more in the way of treatments and the research findings we need to get our lives back. This would be a world wide partition with who knows how many signatures to express the feelings of people with ms. We could have a collaborative effort to design a cover letter of what we need to say and let this letter take its course ...
Read more : The Letter | Views : 1571 | Replies : 11

For gibbledygook

Fair warning to anyone who likes to put on blinders---I'm the oddball who has sought out comprehensive treatment for my husband who has SPMS. For background see http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-3055.html. And yes, if you're curious, he is improving very nicely on the Wheldon combined antibiotic protocol, antivirals, heavy metal chelation, LDN, and a slew of carefully selected supplements.

Some interesting information has recently crossed my path that I want to share with gibbledygook and those others who ...
Read more : For gibbledygook | Views : 1896 | Replies : 8

Where's Jimmylegs?

Hope all's ok with you in Oz Jimmy. You're usually so prolific.
Perhaps you've just snuck over to Cambridge to visit Ian and get your own back whilst he's in a vulnerable position!? (joke)
muu
Read more : Where's Jimmylegs? | Views : 1033 | Replies : 3

Rebif on Hold?

Greetings,

Appreciate the forum. Very informative. I'm legal guardian for my mentally challenged brother who is 4 years into his MS diagnosis.

Wondering if anyone has gone off Rebif cold turkey. Neuro has Tysabri infusion scheduled but wants my brother off Rebif for 30 days prior. Anything we need to watch for?

Again, thanks for so much information, much of it gleaned the hard way.

Todd
Read more : Rebif on Hold? | Views : 1672 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220813 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service