It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:53 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels

Small studies in MS have also shown that MS Patients have a testosteron level in the lower normal bound. Increasing testosteron levels to normal high levels showed some promising effects.
As some see a link between insulin and MS this might be interesting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 163927.htm

--Frank
Read more : Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels | Views : 1619 | Replies : 1

Dramtic decrease in EDSS with Liver Transplant ? Why ?

Was reading a couple of articles ( see below ) and I just cant get my head around these things

Just wondering if anybody else has an opinion on why a liver transplant can result in Huge decrease in EDSS and solid disease stablization ?

The articles don't really even speculate why ?

see these two articles

Abstract:

The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences
Issue: Volume 31, Number 4 / November 2004
Pages: 539 - ...
Read more : Dramtic decrease in EDSS with Liver Transplant ? Why ? | Views : 8700 | Replies : 60

Amantadine

I got a script for amantadine for fatigue and started taking 100mg in the morning and at night. I haven't noticed any changes yet. Has anyone else taken this and does it work?

Marcia
Read more : Amantadine | Views : 3472 | Replies : 18

World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS-Abstracts

Hi all

The abstracts for the World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS starting Sept. 17th in Montreal are available for reading (they're under embargo until presented.)

Here's the link to the program and at the very top you'll see a link to the "itinerary planner", that will take you to the abstracts (browse).

Quick glance suggests there's going to be lots of presentations and poster sessions on numerous topics.

Sharon
Read more : World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS-Abstracts | Views : 1382 | Replies : 1

Zanaflex Your experiences with this medication

Hello Everyone,

I'm not on anything for my MS except the Copaxone which I really want to stop soon. I stopped all the stuff they gave me to go along with the MS issues ( Provigil, Baclofen, Neurontin...) I just hated them.

My new doc wanted me to try a small dose at night of Zanaflex. He gave me the Rx for it, I have yet to fill it because I really wanted to get ...
Read more : Zanaflex Your experiences with this medication | Views : 1642 | Replies : 5

Michelle Obama: Her Father's MS

It was incredibly moving to listen to Michelle Obama's speech at the Democratic national convention last night. She described how her father was diagnosed with MS in his thirties, and how he struggled, everyday, to get up and get to his job as a blue collar employee at the local water plant. He ultimately died too young, from complications of MS- but remains an inspiration to his daughter. He taught her and her brother the ...
Read more : Michelle Obama: Her Father's MS | Views : 9194 | Replies : 30

Selective Diabetes Typ I treatment

The method modulates the TNF activity to stop the ongoing damage.
When dissease activity is halted the animals were able to regrow functioning islet cells.
Animal studies were successful, first clinical trials are underway:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 175001.htm

--Frank
Read more : Selective Diabetes Typ I treatment | Views : 1721 | Replies : 4

*UPdate* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPdate* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 3220 | Replies : 21

Once relapse starts, anyone halted it?

Hi
now is the time when my brain goes to mush and all the strategies I normally have, I forget. Fear sets in.

Noticed a heaviness in my limbs last week, now I see the familiar strong reddish/purple colour under my eyes - that always happens just before a relapse and it's unrelated to lack of sleep. My arms and legs feel leaden, numbness is creeping back to my right side, and I know that ...
Read more : Once relapse starts, anyone halted it? | Views : 1577 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239742 • Total topics 26176 • Total members 17436

Contact us | Terms of Service