It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Who are the viral experts, here?

Hi,

As I mentioned in my introduction, I was waiting on many, many lab test results. Just picked them up. The most notable result suggests chronic EBV infection. As in, very, very high positive results on EB Ab VCA, IgG.

So, I suppose this helps me to decide which direction to head with meds...

Anyone, here, taking anti-viral meds? And/or supplements?

Which forum module should detailed discussion, of this, take place?

TIA (Thanks In Advance)! ...
Read more : Who are the viral experts, here? | Views : 4568 | Replies : 41

IVI research

It's good that researchers are starting to understand how different treatments work.

<shortened url>
Read more : IVI research | Views : 824 | Replies : 0

The sun and immunosupressive drugs

Like we needed more stuff to worry about. I saw a news story on my local news channel about how people taking immune system supressive drugs should be extra careful with exposure to the sun. Supposedly we are at greater risk for skin cancer. Just an FYI to everyone to use lots of sunblock this summer. 8)
Read more : The sun and immunosupressive drugs | Views : 1144 | Replies : 6

What drug to take?

The following note was written by Art Mellor of The Boston Cure Project. It is something that each and every MS patient should read before deciding what drug he/she may use.

Harry

Is This the Drug for Me?
By Art Mellor
Dec, 2005

This article is the third in a series that discusses things to consider when evaluating trial results for a new treatment. In this installment, I'd like to cover a set of ...
Read more : What drug to take? | Views : 1081 | Replies : 10

Paralysed rat

This is the NMSS article on the paralysed rat research that I posted earlier this week.

Ian

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Resear ... June22.asp
Read more : Paralysed rat | Views : 798 | Replies : 0

Vit D - one for Jimmylegs

Jimmylegs,

Research on Vit D. Now I don't want to hear anymore about bloody Vit D.

Jimmylegs is off to Western Australia for six months where temperatures can hit 110F. Have a nice time.

Ian

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... nd_ms.html
Read more : Vit D - one for Jimmylegs | Views : 1199 | Replies : 4

Is a treatment working?

I really like the Canadian MS Society website's 'Ask the Expert' section.

Today's question and answer may be of interest:

Q :
How do we know if the disease-modifying drug is working? I had a major relapse while on, and am still on, mine and questions have arisen whether the drug is actually doing something or the relapse would have been worse if i had not been using the injectable.

A :
This is an ...
Read more : Is a treatment working? | Views : 1048 | Replies : 1

IL-17 role in MS further clarified

Looks as though we all owe interferon-gamma a bit of an apology...and IL-17 is coming right off my Christmas card list...

IL-17 Plays an Important Role in the Development of Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis.

J Immunol. 2006 Jul 1;177(1):566-73.
Komiyama Y, Nakae S, Matsuki T, Nambu A, Ishigame H, Kakuta S, Sudo K, Iwakura Y.
Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.

IL-17 is a proinflammatory cytokine that activates T ...
Read more : IL-17 role in MS further clarified | Views : 876 | Replies : 0

Paralysed rat

Normally I would put this under stem cells but an interesting read. Interesting that they may trial on pigs before humans. You'd think they could come up with a pig model of MS. As usual the good times are five years away - but a little bit of progress is better than none.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j562399231&w=464753
Read more : Paralysed rat | Views : 841 | Replies : 0

depression

can anyone let me know if they take anything that helps there mood. i am going to my neuro this week and need some help. i feel like i am falling into a hole. there does'nt seem to be anything to help the ms so at least i hope there is something to brighten my mood. if there is a drug that you feel really helps i would much appreciate the name of the it ...
Read more : depression | Views : 2446 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216630 • Total topics 22133 • Total members 13919