It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:46 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

estriol

I have been on estrol 4 mg. for 8 mos.. I am now havng acne. Should I be using progesterone too? How much? What else could be causing this?
Copaxone?
Read more : estriol | Views : 1468 | Replies : 0

Antibiotic for neuroprotection

Although this article doesn't directly mention MS, neurodegeneration is certainly a component of the disease process so anything which helps can only be…erm… helpful:
Researchers uncover mechanism of action of antibiotic able to reduce neuronal cell death in brain

Research Highlights:

* Mechanism of action of compound found to induce neurotransmitter activity in brain cells

* The findings may lead researchers to develop potential novel therapies to treat Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Huntington’s ...
Read more : Antibiotic for neuroprotection | Views : 2025 | Replies : 6

Employee Health Screening

Hello all,

I have a quick question for anyone that can help.

I am starting a new job in a few weeks and have to undergo a pre-employment physical with the organization's "employee health" department.

The last time I underwent a pre-employment health screening, I was forthright about my diagnosis with MS and subsequently was given some trouble over concerns that I wouldn't be able to perform the duties of my job. I was forced ...
Read more : Employee Health Screening | Views : 1660 | Replies : 4

[b]Hi Everyone - Optic Neuritis and MRI with three "Spo

Hi guys,

I'm a Brit guy who has just come through Optic Neuritis ( diagnosis and then follow up MRI.) Like a lot of folks I'm now confused - not scared but feeling a weird feeling of "so this is what it feels like to be getting life-changing medical information."

As I said, the ON was diagnosed by an Opthmologist . I then went to a Neurologist and he recommended an MRI. I had the ...
Read more : [b]Hi Everyone - Optic Neuritis and MRI with three "Spo | Views : 1731 | Replies : 6

First injection of Copaxone

Completed! Didn't use the autoinjector... just did the needle with the nurse here, all by myself! :) Didn't hurt at all (tummy injection). After, the medicine burned a little, but overall it wasn't bad. I didn't even ice/heat before or after, and if the injections are like this each time, I don't think I'd need to bother with that.

:D ...
Read more : First injection of Copaxone | Views : 3656 | Replies : 21

Hearing Test

I went and had my hearing tested last week, because for the past year or so I've been having a hard time hearing people, especially at meetings or when I'm outside or on a cell phone. And my husband tells me I always have the TV up too loud.

My mother and grandmother had early onset hearing loss so I figured I should check it out.

My hearing test came back within the normal range. ...
Read more : Hearing Test | Views : 1753 | Replies : 3

Bioness or Walkaide

Anybody get one of theose expensive bioness or walkaide muscle stimulators for foot drop? ANd if so how do you like it?
marie

it'd help if I added a link to the company :?
http://www.bioness.com/about_main.php
Read more : Bioness or Walkaide | Views : 3342 | Replies : 4

Question about PPMS...

For those of you that have PPMS, can I ask how it started? I'm still in the pre-diagnosis phase and i'm scared it might be the progressive kind. I know it's a little bit less likely because i'm 22, female, and it started with my eyes, but my eyes haven't resolved yet and as i mentioned before really the only other symptom would be getting achey/weak legs (only) around that time of the month (that ...
Read more : Question about PPMS... | Views : 1811 | Replies : 6

the Hughes Syndrome

Has anyone heard of the Hughes Syndrome that supposedly mimics MS symptoms??
Read more : the Hughes Syndrome | Views : 1619 | Replies : 1

MS research teleconference with Dr O'Connor

I'm too busy to listen to this. Could someone with time on their hands (Lyon, Harry Z etc) listen and report back if anything useful is covered.

Thanks

Ian

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/research/default.htm
Read more : MS research teleconference with Dr O'Connor | Views : 1446 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235090 • Total topics 25362 • Total members 16575

Contact us | Terms of Service