It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

wikipirates

hey someone is cleaning up after me on wikipedia. and by cleaning up i mean completely deleting. particularly where i point out things like: that such and such company's trial pharmaceutical product is actually just something that raises serum uric acid which you can do by eating certain foods. howdya like them apples.
Read more : wikipirates | Views : 1525 | Replies : 11

T cell research

T For Two: Scientists Show How Immune System Chooses Best Way To Fight Infection 27 December 2006

A new study has suggested a novel way of combating diseases related to the immune system, including cancer and autoimmune diseases such as type I diabetes and arthritis. The study, funded by the Wellcome Trust, appears online in the journal Nature.

T cells are produced by the body to fight infection. Scientists previously identified two types of ...
Read more : T cell research | Views : 4722 | Replies : 47

Yearly follow-up exam

Hello,

I have a question that has probably already been answered somewhere on this website. I recently went to the doctor for a yearly follow-up exam and MRI that did not turn out as well as I would have hoped. I can't stop thinking about it. I am currently taking one of the approved crab drugs. My question is how can a study be done stating that any drug can delay progression of RRMS when ...
Read more : Yearly follow-up exam | Views : 1302 | Replies : 3

Esperanza Peptide

Does anyone have any input on the science behind this?

http://www.esperanzapeptide.net/home.php
Read more : Esperanza Peptide | Views : 1901 | Replies : 9

Encephalomyelitis vaccines

Admittedly I don't completely understand this article but I was originally dxed 2 years ago with Accute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis so it caught my eye.

Research from Cytos Biotechnology AG broadens understanding of encephalomyelitis vaccines
December 23rd, 2006

(NewsRx.com) -- Scientists discuss in "Vaccination against IL-17 suppresses autoimmune arthritis and encephalomyelitis" new findings in encephalomyelitis. "Interleukin 17 is a T cell-derived cytokine that induces the release of pro-inflammatory mediators in a wide range of cell types. ...
Read more : Encephalomyelitis vaccines | Views : 897 | Replies : 0

MS, Depression & Me

Depression, MS & Me

My psychologist recently told me I need to redefine myself internally. I am trying unsuccessfully to do that. I felt the need to put something on paper regarding my current state of mind. Here goes:

Multiple Sclerosis – Since my diagnosis in 2001 at the age of 31 I have been progressively getting worse with multiple symptoms that affect my balance, strength, coordination, vision and hearing. At first they were mild ...
Read more : MS, Depression & Me | Views : 3479 | Replies : 21

LDN and possible raised ck levels as side effect

Urgent Question: Has anyone had any experience of low dose naltrexone raising their ck (creatine kinase) levels? I've finally persuaded my doctor to let me try LDN, and 10 days after starting I had a regular 3-monthly blood test that I have for other medical screening purposes, and it showed elevated ck levels, suggesting muscle damage is happening. I'm having a re-test next week, but before then I'm trying to find out if this is ...
Read more : LDN and possible raised ck levels as side effect | Views : 1877 | Replies : 5

The MSRC MS 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service

The MSRC 24 Hour Telephone MS Counselling Service

Please note the MSRC 24 Hour MS Freephone Telephone Counselling Service will be fully operational throughout the WHOLE Christmas Break including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day on 0800 783 0518 (Option 1)
Read more : The MSRC MS 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service | Views : 1112 | Replies : 0

Hughes and MS, diagnosing them?

Hi
I am sure most of you have seen the recent stories on Hughes syndrome (Antiphospholipid syndrome or "sticky blood") and up to possibly 5% of people with MS being misdiagnosed.......and actually having Hughes instead?
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... pageid=736

I'm just wondering, is it possible to have both MS and Hughes, or are they either/or?
It's just that I have now sadly had 3 miscarriages, latest one being a week ...
Read more : Hughes and MS, diagnosing them? | Views : 2109 | Replies : 13

Today's Vitamin D study results

Read more : Today's Vitamin D study results | Views : 4010 | Replies : 33

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221713 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service