It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:11 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

[b]Hi Everyone - Optic Neuritis and MRI with three "Spo

Hi guys,

I'm a Brit guy who has just come through Optic Neuritis ( diagnosis and then follow up MRI.) Like a lot of folks I'm now confused - not scared but feeling a weird feeling of "so this is what it feels like to be getting life-changing medical information."

As I said, the ON was diagnosed by an Opthmologist . I then went to a Neurologist and he recommended an MRI. I had the ...
Read more : [b]Hi Everyone - Optic Neuritis and MRI with three "Spo | Views : 1731 | Replies : 6

First injection of Copaxone

Completed! Didn't use the autoinjector... just did the needle with the nurse here, all by myself! :) Didn't hurt at all (tummy injection). After, the medicine burned a little, but overall it wasn't bad. I didn't even ice/heat before or after, and if the injections are like this each time, I don't think I'd need to bother with that.

:D ...
Read more : First injection of Copaxone | Views : 3656 | Replies : 21

Hearing Test

I went and had my hearing tested last week, because for the past year or so I've been having a hard time hearing people, especially at meetings or when I'm outside or on a cell phone. And my husband tells me I always have the TV up too loud.

My mother and grandmother had early onset hearing loss so I figured I should check it out.

My hearing test came back within the normal range. ...
Read more : Hearing Test | Views : 1756 | Replies : 3

Bioness or Walkaide

Anybody get one of theose expensive bioness or walkaide muscle stimulators for foot drop? ANd if so how do you like it?
marie

it'd help if I added a link to the company :?
http://www.bioness.com/about_main.php
Read more : Bioness or Walkaide | Views : 3343 | Replies : 4

Question about PPMS...

For those of you that have PPMS, can I ask how it started? I'm still in the pre-diagnosis phase and i'm scared it might be the progressive kind. I know it's a little bit less likely because i'm 22, female, and it started with my eyes, but my eyes haven't resolved yet and as i mentioned before really the only other symptom would be getting achey/weak legs (only) around that time of the month (that ...
Read more : Question about PPMS... | Views : 1812 | Replies : 6

the Hughes Syndrome

Has anyone heard of the Hughes Syndrome that supposedly mimics MS symptoms??
Read more : the Hughes Syndrome | Views : 1620 | Replies : 1

MS research teleconference with Dr O'Connor

I'm too busy to listen to this. Could someone with time on their hands (Lyon, Harry Z etc) listen and report back if anything useful is covered.

Thanks

Ian

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/research/default.htm
Read more : MS research teleconference with Dr O'Connor | Views : 1446 | Replies : 1

men v women

I'm considering a sex change!

Multiple Sclerosis affects men and women differently 07 May 2008

A new study done in Buffalo is revealing the differences in the way Multiple Sclerosis affects men and women.

The Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center is part of the Jacobs Neurological Institute. Located at Buffalo General Hospital, the center has become an international leader in computerized analysis of brain scans.

Most recently, in a study of more than eight hundred ...
Read more : men v women | Views : 2302 | Replies : 10

Just when I was doing so well...

Ugh. So I started to clean my house today, throwing stuff out, organizing... I knew I felt fatigued after I was done the work, so I decided to stay cool and just relax for the rest of the day. I noticed the burning mouth thing was worse, that the pain in my neck was worse, etc.

Come tonight when I can honestly say, it feels like I'm relapsing. I spoke to my realtor by phone ...
Read more : Just when I was doing so well... | Views : 1819 | Replies : 8

Nortriptyline

Alright, my doc gave me this anti depressant to help me sleep cause im like hardcore having issues with it

but i am also on been put on naproxen for pain as needed

Now I just wanna know if anyone has been on it and what to except from it all.
Read more : Nortriptyline | Views : 1838 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235155 • Total topics 25376 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service