It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair Journal

This publication is available, and you can easily get to the abstracts for free. Interesting topic I think.

http://nnr.sagepub.com/

It of course includes a search function as well, which retrieves a wealth of info when you type in "Multiple sclerosis"

http://online.sagepub.com/cgi/search?src=selected&journal_set=spnnr
Read more : Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair Journal | Views : 1300 | Replies : 0

Who's been here the longest?

who would be here at thisisms the longest?
Read more : Who's been here the longest? | Views : 1654 | Replies : 5

Does anyone else feel this MS has stolen their life?

I had a bad week.

I had to take 2 tests at work so I can get a professional certification that is required by my employer. I passed the first test and failed the second. I am a perfectionist and expect myself to always come out on top. I know my profession, I am the go to gal. I failed.... I have been doing this for years and if I can't pass this certification my ...
Read more : Does anyone else feel this MS has stolen their life? | Views : 3784 | Replies : 29

Medical Information article

Read more : Medical Information article | Views : 2165 | Replies : 12

The correlation of smoking and disease progression

There's a new study just released claiming "Smoking worsens the prognosis in multiple sclerosis". I don't see how they can conclude that smoking worsens MS from this study. (correlation does not imply causation etc.). Any thoughts?
Read more : The correlation of smoking and disease progression | Views : 2214 | Replies : 11

Worms for Bob!

Just because Bromley's been teasing you, Bob...and I wanted to show folks that you and Dr. Fleming are on to something.

University of Wisconsin study is still recruiting!
HINT MS STUDY
For more information:
Andrea Maser
UW School of Medicine & Public Health
Phone (608) 265-6544
Pager (608) 265-7000 x5553

"It is very exciting!" exclaims Dr. John Fleming, "It's the first time in the world that it's been tried in a systematic way with Multiple ...
Read more : Worms for Bob! | Views : 5586 | Replies : 33

accupuncture for ms fatigue....

hi,im new to this forum.

I have been battleing fatigue for 3 years,and my neuro denied me provigil.
So I was forced to take my own action agianst the fatigue.
Ive been doing B-12 shots for 2 years,once a month.
but just today,I asked if there was anything else my homeopatic dr could do to help with the overwhelming fatigue,and there is.
She did a 15 minute session of accupuncture.
I do see a huge ...
Read more : accupuncture for ms fatigue.... | Views : 1447 | Replies : 2

Under active immune system vs. over active immune system

Why do y'all think about the theory that it's an weak immune system going wacky that is the culprit in this and other auto immune disease?
Read more : Under active immune system vs. over active immune system | Views : 2628 | Replies : 10

Dew Point Temperature/Humidity and Spasticity

Hello all.

I thought that I would share this with you all.

I have had MS for six years now. Intrigued with how I was affected by temperature I began to record my well-being and the temperature daily. It didn't seem to correlate. Remembering how, back in 2004, I worked in an office with really extreme air conditioning and found that my symptoms eased considerably, I bought a hygrometer and found that the relative humidity ...
Read more : Dew Point Temperature/Humidity and Spasticity | Views : 10796 | Replies : 47

Miscarriage

Well that didn't last long. :(

I went for an ultrasound yesterday and it showed that the baby stopped developing at 5 weeks. I am supposed to be 7.5 weeks along.

I am nervous of a post-pregnancy relapse, but since my hormone levels never got a chance to get very high I am probably not at much risk. We're very sad but will keep try again as ...
Read more : Miscarriage | Views : 1730 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238912 • Total topics 26048 • Total members 17318

Contact us | Terms of Service