It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Someone fluent in french

According to a discussion on AcceleratedCure.org this video should contain interesting information regarding remylination or regeneration in MS.
It would be nice if someone could be so kind to give a short abstract about its contet.

http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSe ... id=9654363

Thanks
--Frank
Read more : Someone fluent in french | Views : 1793 | Replies : 4

Ladies only

Have any of you ladies (with MS) experienced abnormal pap smears? I'm just curious if there might be any corrolation beween my repeated abnormals and MS? It seems like the list of symptoms just grow and grow, to where ANYTHING could be a result of the MONSTER DISEASE!!
Read more : Ladies only | Views : 2453 | Replies : 6

Waiting for diagnosis

Hi,

I am a 32 year old white male and I am currently undergoing several neuological tests. My symptoms include: headaches, extremely week legs in the AM, numbness in legs, lack of coordination, dizzy spells, pain in hips, back and side, extreme fatigue, and spells of confusion and inability to properly form sentences. I am awaiting results from blood work and an MRI/MRA. My father was diagnosed when he was younger than me, his first ...
Read more : Waiting for diagnosis | Views : 2080 | Replies : 5

What about MS hostpital in China....

Hello, again I have question.... :?

Here I found some informations about MS hospital in China....
Now I am wondering, if someone was there or wish to go there; how succsessful are they with treatemens.....I read about some of the patients, but better will be, if I can come in contact with those peoples....
About a month I correspond on emails with them, they said that they ...
Read more : What about MS hostpital in China.... | Views : 1586 | Replies : 2

MS-esque, or not so much?

Um, no, I'm not seeking a diagnosis from strangers on the internet. Just looking for a reality check on a couple symptoms - does this sound MS-ish, or not so MS-ish, in your experience:

I get kind a stiff/numb feeling in my right side extremities, and it seems like some of the time the trigger is related to muscles in my back. (Maybe; that's my guess). For example, if I'm out walking around, relaxed and ...
Read more : MS-esque, or not so much? | Views : 1817 | Replies : 10

Botox Injections For Blepharospasm - My Opinions

Botox Injections For Blepharospasm / Hemifacial Spasms - My Opinions

As a matter of fact, I have received 3 therapy sessions of Botox injections from a neurosurgeon for my chronic medication-induced involuntary uncontrollable non-stop rapid eyelid-twtiching / eye-blinking at a very exorbitant cost of U.S 5000 dollars each from an expensive private medical centre located in my home country (one of the less-developed ones in Asia) before I have actually got it gradually and totally ...
Read more : Botox Injections For Blepharospasm - My Opinions | Views : 2280 | Replies : 5

Opinions on clinical trial

Hi all,

I've been recently diagnosed (about a month and a half ago), and was told to pick a DMD. I live near 2 fairly well known hospitals with MS centers, and looked into what trials they had. One hospital has several trials for which they are recruiting. I shied away from the trials which have a placebo group, and came up with two possibilities. One is the Campath trial, but unfortunately it is the ...
Read more : Opinions on clinical trial | Views : 2364 | Replies : 10

Attack!

Am I the only one that is affected by the cooler weather in relation to it bringing on an "attack"? If I am in air conditioning too long, or if the weather changes to a cool, or rainy day, I will almost always begin to feel my symptoms appear. I know everybody has different symptoms, but I've only heard about adverse heat reactions, and not cold. Guess I'm "special."
Read more : Attack! | Views : 1478 | Replies : 3

ACTRIMS + ECTRIMS + LACTRIMS

The ACTRIMS + ECTRIMS + LACTRIMS conference is on, as many of you know. For my money, the presentations at this event are the most interesting of any conference over the last 5 years. Below are a whole lotta abstracts from today (so the embargo is off) that I find interesting. If you want to see more, go to:

http://msmontreal.abstractcentral.com/login – then select “Browse” from left-hand menu.
(thank you ...
Read more : ACTRIMS + ECTRIMS + LACTRIMS | Views : 3626 | Replies : 11

Personality aspects in multiple sclerosis

Personality aspects in multiple sclerosis.

1: Ital J Neurol Sci. 1985 Dec;6(4):415-23.

To test the claim that peculiar personality bias is detectable in multiple sclerosis (MS) we used the Szondi test to investigate the psychodynamic aspects of 110 MS patients in comparison with 200 healthy subjects. MS patients appeared to have a greater need for love in a passive form than normal people, rigid defense mechanisms, difficulty in resolving their inner conflicts either by sublimation ...
Read more : Personality aspects in multiple sclerosis | Views : 3831 | Replies : 21

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240918 • Total topics 26347 • Total members 17546

Contact us | Terms of Service