It is currently Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:29 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Onset of ON?

Over the past month or so I have noticed that when I close my eyes especially when I lay down at night I have excessively more spots of flashing lights. Does anyone think this is an indication that it may someday progress to ON? Are the MRTC's attacking my optic nerve? I am in the Tovaxin study and IF I was on the real thing I haven't been dosed for over 6 months if I ...
Read more : Onset of ON? | Views : 1345 | Replies : 0

Your wildest imagination

I'm going to step out on a limb here and ask a silly question. We all think about MS and its possible causes a lot, I presume. My question:

What has entered your mind as a possible cause or factor that seems too crazy to mention?

I can give two. (remember, I'm stepping out on a limb, here)

1. Childhood stress with resulting shrinking of the hippocampus

2. Nasal administration of drugs. (illegal, vaccinations, over-the-counter) ...
Read more : Your wildest imagination | Views : 4549 | Replies : 28

Analogy for first step in research action plan: find cause

For lack of a better place to post this, I put it here under General Discussion.

I still think the FIRST step in solving a problem must be to know the CAUSE of the problem.

In discussion the other day my husband gave this brilliant (in my opinion) analogy: MS research is like a person having his car towed in to a repair shop and saying, "My car is broken; it doesn't work."

And one ...
Read more : Analogy for first step in research action plan: find cause | Views : 1711 | Replies : 9

Up all night

Last night like many many many and did i say many nights before i awoke around two oclock like someone had just slammed a door. this happens every night. i go to bed around 9 or 10 and even take lunesta. i am sick of not getting to sleep late. o how i long for the days when i could sleep till 9 am . this sucks. it has been going on for about a ...
Read more : Up all night | Views : 7147 | Replies : 64

MSers in Los Angeles / So Cal area-- wanna share local info?

Hello. I'd like to know if there are other people on this site who live in the Los Angeles (or broader Southern California) area and who would like to share information with other locals with MS.

I was Dx with PPMS in June 2007 and have seen three neurologists at two hospitals, including one former and one current head of the UCLA Dept. of Neurology. I'm still looking for my primary neurologist and would love ...
Read more : MSers in Los Angeles / So Cal area-- wanna share local info? | Views : 1477 | Replies : 2

S.P.O.C. single point of contact

when i first talked to my dr about taking rituxan he said that my insurance more than likely would not pay for the drugs. he said we would go thru S.P.O.C. single point of contact they negotiate with insurance groups to help get you treatment. for me this too didn' work but worth talking to your dr. My dr was able to talk to genetech to get the drugs for me. i do not know ...
Read more : S.P.O.C. single point of contact | Views : 1730 | Replies : 4

I live in a high rate area...

In Colorado, 1 out of every 750 people is diagnosed having MS. That is far above the norm of 1 out of every 2000 diagnosed on the American continent. Has there been any studies done that show you may increase your chances of disability due to MS if you continue to stay in the high rate area? Or to put it another way... Should I leave this state or does it not matter now since ...
Read more : I live in a high rate area... | Views : 4367 | Replies : 27

Sound like MS? Or wrong tract?

It's long, there will be a summary at the end, so feel free to read or skip to the cliffnotes :)

I'm 24 years old, male, with no significant prior medical history. For the past year or so I've been in excellent health. I have no family history of any illness aside from cancer.

4 months ago a friend noticed my left eye went to the left ...
Read more : Sound like MS? Or wrong tract? | Views : 2292 | Replies : 9

Buy or rent

Hey all-

This isn't as a serious as some questions, but still was wondering if anyone had any opinions.

I had my single MS attack approximately 3 years ago. It took about 18 months to recover and my symptoms are currently relatively mild. At the time of the attack, I was close to finishing up my schooling and after a break, was able to get back on track. If MS was not a factor, I'd ...
Read more : Buy or rent | Views : 2206 | Replies : 13

Blood Work A-OK

Hi all-
big relief. Jeff's blood work ALL came back normal. Looks like petechiae on legs was part of an allergic reaction to the gadolinium, but did not affect him otherwise. His spots are turning brownish now, and fading, and leg pain is reduced.

Apparently this is a side effect for some folks. Who knew? Guess we do now.
:)
thanks!
a relieved cheerleader.
Read more : Blood Work A-OK | Views : 2179 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233941 • Total topics 25128 • Total members 16316

Contact us | Terms of Service