It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:25 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Encephalomyelitis vaccines

Admittedly I don't completely understand this article but I was originally dxed 2 years ago with Accute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis so it caught my eye.

Research from Cytos Biotechnology AG broadens understanding of encephalomyelitis vaccines
December 23rd, 2006

(NewsRx.com) -- Scientists discuss in "Vaccination against IL-17 suppresses autoimmune arthritis and encephalomyelitis" new findings in encephalomyelitis. "Interleukin 17 is a T cell-derived cytokine that induces the release of pro-inflammatory mediators in a wide range of cell types. ...
Read more : Encephalomyelitis vaccines | Views : 898 | Replies : 0

MS, Depression & Me

Depression, MS & Me

My psychologist recently told me I need to redefine myself internally. I am trying unsuccessfully to do that. I felt the need to put something on paper regarding my current state of mind. Here goes:

Multiple Sclerosis – Since my diagnosis in 2001 at the age of 31 I have been progressively getting worse with multiple symptoms that affect my balance, strength, coordination, vision and hearing. At first they were mild ...
Read more : MS, Depression & Me | Views : 3483 | Replies : 21

LDN and possible raised ck levels as side effect

Urgent Question: Has anyone had any experience of low dose naltrexone raising their ck (creatine kinase) levels? I've finally persuaded my doctor to let me try LDN, and 10 days after starting I had a regular 3-monthly blood test that I have for other medical screening purposes, and it showed elevated ck levels, suggesting muscle damage is happening. I'm having a re-test next week, but before then I'm trying to find out if this is ...
Read more : LDN and possible raised ck levels as side effect | Views : 1877 | Replies : 5

The MSRC MS 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service

The MSRC 24 Hour Telephone MS Counselling Service

Please note the MSRC 24 Hour MS Freephone Telephone Counselling Service will be fully operational throughout the WHOLE Christmas Break including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day on 0800 783 0518 (Option 1)
Read more : The MSRC MS 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service | Views : 1112 | Replies : 0

Hughes and MS, diagnosing them?

Hi
I am sure most of you have seen the recent stories on Hughes syndrome (Antiphospholipid syndrome or "sticky blood") and up to possibly 5% of people with MS being misdiagnosed.......and actually having Hughes instead?
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... pageid=736

I'm just wondering, is it possible to have both MS and Hughes, or are they either/or?
It's just that I have now sadly had 3 miscarriages, latest one being a week ...
Read more : Hughes and MS, diagnosing them? | Views : 2110 | Replies : 13

Today's Vitamin D study results

Read more : Today's Vitamin D study results | Views : 4016 | Replies : 33

PML research

Biogen recently purchased a biotech company that was doing research on PML. I think I read about this here, but cannot find the name of the company.

It seems really odd to me that Biogen has now had two of their drugs, Tysarbi and Rituxin, linked to PML and they just recently happened to buy a company researching PML.

Who wants to be a lab rat for their next product? Not me.
Read more : PML research | Views : 1257 | Replies : 7

More EBV research

More research on EBV and MS.

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : More EBV research | Views : 1063 | Replies : 1

Rituxan Problems?

Just saw this article from Reuters re: PML showing up in a couple of Rituxan patients. Although the drug has been used for about 8 years with supposedly good safety results, one has to wonder why PML has decided to all of a sudden show up. I would hope that those MS patients involved in clinical trials with Rituxan will be closely monitored.

Harry

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two lupus patients died from a rare ...
Read more : Rituxan Problems? | Views : 1672 | Replies : 5

The score: HERV 1 - HHV6 0

It's looking more and more to me like HHV6 either plays nothing more than a triggering role in MS, or is a red herring.

Brains and peripheral blood mononuclear cells of multiple sclerosis (MS) patients hyperexpress MS-associated retrovirus/HERV-W endogenous retrovirus, but not Human herpesvirus 6.

J Gen Virol. 2007 Jan;88(Pt 1):264-74.
Mameli G, Astone V, Arru G, Marconi S, Lovato L, Serra C, Sotgiu S, Bonetti B, Dolei A.
Section of Microbiology, Department of Biomedical ...
Read more : The score: HERV 1 - HHV6 0 | Views : 1923 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221787 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service