It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:41 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Leg Swelling

In the last month we noticed that my husband's right leg is swelling from the foot to the top of the leg. It is one to two inches bigger than the left leg. PCP doctor sent him for doplar which showed no blood clot and gave him lasik (sp?) which he could not take (can't get to the bathroom in time). MS nurse at infusion center said something about "nerve endings are not working properly; ...
Read more : Leg Swelling | Views : 9719 | Replies : 11

Counterfit drugs flood into Britain

Health fears grow as fake drugs flood into Britain

Counterfeiting gangs based in China are producing sophisticated copies of the world's bestselling pharmaceuticals. In 2008 an estimated 8m of these potentially deadly pills found their way to NHS patients. The health of millions of people is at risk.

They were made in China, labelled in French and then shipped to Singapore. They ended up in Liverpool and from there were sold straight into the heart ...
Read more : Counterfit drugs flood into Britain | Views : 1158 | Replies : 0

Current Clinical Studies (US)

this is a list of current ms studies that are seeking volunteers.

Found 153 studies with search of: Open Studies | "Multiple Sclerosis"

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?r ... lerosis%22
Read more : Current Clinical Studies (US) | Views : 1777 | Replies : 3

Cold worsening symptoms?

I know that heat makes my symptoms get worse and that hottubs are lethal but in the UK we are having a big cold snap and temperatures have been below freezing for days. I have noticed that the colder I am, especially if I am outside, the worse my symptoms get - my leg becomes very difficult to control, the dragging and dropping is severe and my walking becomes very spastic.

Is that normal?
Read more : Cold worsening symptoms? | Views : 1800 | Replies : 5

Sleep Patterns

I am trying to sort out my sleep patterns and why they are erratic.
I think establishing a chart might help, but I am also curious about my vitamin levels and the relationship they have.

There are times I am completely exhausted and want to sleep yet after a certain time in the evening I am doomed to be awake all night. Currently, I am only taking gabapentin.

Please educate me on what vitamins and ...
Read more : Sleep Patterns | Views : 5489 | Replies : 30

IVIG

Has anyone of you been treated with combination of interferons or glatiramer acetat with IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin - once a month)?
Read more : IVIG | Views : 1598 | Replies : 0

Steroids and MS

Hi,

I have a couple of questions that I need some help with.

(i) I had a case of optic neuritis in my right eye around sept 2008. It resolved by itself. Recent MRI in December revealed that I've hyper-intense signal in my left eye. But it does not vividly bother me at all. My doctor suggests that I take steroids now. Is it the general case? Is it okay to take steroids after 3 ...
Read more : Steroids and MS | Views : 2359 | Replies : 10

Boyfriend issues :)

Hi everyone,
and happy new Year.
I wouldn't be bothering you but I am pretty upset and confused now.
I am in love with a guy who has MS ( he didnt tell me until everything get really seriouse and he looks absolutely healthy. We are not planning to get married for several unrealted issues and that was discussed before he told me he is sick). He has symptoms, like back pain and he can't ...
Read more : Boyfriend issues :) | Views : 2251 | Replies : 8

A brand new year

I sit in reflection upon the new year and the old one going out the door.
Considering this message board as a safe haven of understanding, for we share a most common and unwelcome burden upon our lives, each unique and individual as the person facing the screen.

My last twelve months have consisted of learning. Learning what works, what doesn't and what to try next. It's difficult not to become overwhelmed and frustrated. Through ...
Read more : A brand new year | Views : 1637 | Replies : 4

wrist tendonitis?

Discuss. If you've had it, tell me about it. What helped, your general experience, etc etc?

Mine is probably due to computer overuse (I do a lot of writing and use computer for other day-to-day stuff as well), not helped by taking up archery, nor by the right-side weakness in general (neurological - but I think having weak muscles might strain the tendons more?).

Have googled a little bit and gotten some general tips (ice, ...
Read more : wrist tendonitis? | Views : 1447 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243376 • Total topics 26755 • Total members 17866

Contact us | Terms of Service