It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:09 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Copaxone and Lipoatrophy - when to stop?

Hi
for those of you who don't know me, been dx with MS 10 years. First 5 years frequent severe relapses, classified as an "interferon failure" on Rebif after 5 years. Switched to Copaxone against my neuros advice (he wanted me on Mitoxantrone but I said no because I wanted children) and to his surprise I have done fabulously well on Cop. I've had maybe 1 relapse a year in the last 5 years, very ...
Read more : Copaxone and Lipoatrophy - when to stop? | Views : 2148 | Replies : 6

First MS hospitalisation

It would appear that tuesday/wednesay's fatigue was building up to something bigger. On thursday things were feeling 'off', friday I took a half day at work so I had some relax time and by the evening both feet and my right leg were numb and weak, along with right arm weakness & increased difficulty walking.

Because it was both feet I was worried so I called the out of hours doctors - they admitted me ...
Read more : First MS hospitalisation | Views : 2060 | Replies : 10

GM atrophy related to longterm (20yrs) disability

Gray matter atrophy is related to long-term disability in multiple sclerosis.
Ann Neurol. 2008 Jun 20

Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, United Kingdom.

OBJECTIVE:
To determine the relation of gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) brain volumes, and WM lesion load, with clinical outcomes 20 years after first presentation with clinically isolated syndrome suggestive of multiple sclerosis (MS).

METHODS:
Seventy-three patients were studied a mean of 20 years ...
Read more : GM atrophy related to longterm (20yrs) disability | Views : 1440 | Replies : 0

Curious about a failed physical & MRI

Hey there, I am curious as to why my neurologist wants an MRI? I guess that I failed the physical, so what does that really mean?

I have migraines, fatigue, body hurts to touch (doc said it is like fibro...but not) I have morning stiffness, and after any activity stiffness. In the last year I have lost vision and in the past had a "curtain" of gray over vision on hot days. This year I ...
Read more : Curious about a failed physical & MRI | Views : 1927 | Replies : 7

Greetings from an Italian researcher

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying that I do not have MS. But I am a researcher, working on immunology for years. I am not a clinician and I've always conducted my research on rodents. I have to admit to you that I was in the middle of a crisis: experiments not working, which make me wonder why I even do research at all. Then I thought of patients, people that may benefit from ...
Read more : Greetings from an Italian researcher | Views : 2017 | Replies : 8

Clinical Trials search site

I have seen www.clinicaltrials.gov, but this one is new to me ISRCTN MS Search
Read more : Clinical Trials search site | Views : 1490 | Replies : 2

NMO???

Hi there!! I'm new, obviously... and my name is Jen. I had my first symptom at 14, diagnosed at 15. Now that I'm 2 months away from being 20, my last visit with my neuro was a little odd for me. He told me that I might have NMO because I have inflamation in my spine, so I'm sitting on pins and needles for my results. Does anybody else have MS and NMO? I'm so ...
Read more : NMO??? | Views : 1422 | Replies : 2

Fatigue

I am really struggling with fatigue at the moment. I am at work and practically in tears because I am so exhausted. It's obvious because my physical stuff gets worse - I'm staggering like a drunk person, my limbs feel weak and I can tell that i am having trouble forming words / my speech is slightly slurred. I feel like such a bad wife too - my house needs cleaning but by the time ...
Read more : Fatigue | Views : 2039 | Replies : 13

sclerotic but patent--What does that mean

I have relapse remitting MS and have been having a lot of pain in my left upper leg, hip and back. My doc is on vacation and another one did xrays and just emailed me the results without explaining them.

Said my SI joints, especially the right ones appear appear sclerotic but patent. Anybody have any idea what that means? I emailed this replacement doc back but haven't heard from her yet. I looked it ...
Read more : sclerotic but patent--What does that mean | Views : 6301 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239662 • Total topics 26166 • Total members 17433

Contact us | Terms of Service