It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Does this ever happen to you?

Sometimes I just feel like I can't wake up. I have to force myself to open my eyes! Has anyone else ever experienced this? 8O

Thanks, Vicki (newbie)
Read more : Does this ever happen to you? | Views : 1051 | Replies : 2

The Letter

What about a letter that expresses all our concerns and our need for more in the way of treatments and the research findings we need to get our lives back. This would be a world wide partition with who knows how many signatures to express the feelings of people with ms. We could have a collaborative effort to design a cover letter of what we need to say and let this letter take its course ...
Read more : The Letter | Views : 1575 | Replies : 11

For gibbledygook

Fair warning to anyone who likes to put on blinders---I'm the oddball who has sought out comprehensive treatment for my husband who has SPMS. For background see http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-3055.html. And yes, if you're curious, he is improving very nicely on the Wheldon combined antibiotic protocol, antivirals, heavy metal chelation, LDN, and a slew of carefully selected supplements.

Some interesting information has recently crossed my path that I want to share with gibbledygook and those others who ...
Read more : For gibbledygook | Views : 1906 | Replies : 8

Where's Jimmylegs?

Hope all's ok with you in Oz Jimmy. You're usually so prolific.
Perhaps you've just snuck over to Cambridge to visit Ian and get your own back whilst he's in a vulnerable position!? (joke)
muu
Read more : Where's Jimmylegs? | Views : 1042 | Replies : 3

Rebif on Hold?

Greetings,

Appreciate the forum. Very informative. I'm legal guardian for my mentally challenged brother who is 4 years into his MS diagnosis.

Wondering if anyone has gone off Rebif cold turkey. Neuro has Tysabri infusion scheduled but wants my brother off Rebif for 30 days prior. Anything we need to watch for?

Again, thanks for so much information, much of it gleaned the hard way.

Todd
Read more : Rebif on Hold? | Views : 1681 | Replies : 7

Relapse/Remission/Why?

Read more : Relapse/Remission/Why? | Views : 3348 | Replies : 27

Possible MS or Stress and Anxiety?

Hi there,

My name is Chris, i have been lurking on this forum for a while now but this is my first post. I am from London and 28 years old.

Approx 6 months ago i started experiencing sympoms that could possibly be due to MS. Initially i went to see my GP who suggested that i see a Neurologist for further investigation. He also did general bloodwork, all of which came back normal. I ...
Read more : Possible MS or Stress and Anxiety? | Views : 2101 | Replies : 10

SPMS, what would you do?

I have been off of Avonex since early July. I was one of the first patients to take it in North America but after a couple of episodes and nine years later, it is clear that Avonex is not doing much for me now.

My MS progressed very slowly, affecting my right leg. It is my only problem now but it is a big problem. I walk funny and I put huge strain on my ...
Read more : SPMS, what would you do? | Views : 4385 | Replies : 38

Drug Combo Shown to Reverse MS

Just came across this article. Am I the only one who missed it? I find the whole thing a bit scary!
------------------------------
Drug Combo Shown to Reverse Multiple Sclerosis
Monday, September 18, 2006

LONDON — Four years ago, 28-year-old multiple sclerosis patient Karen Ayres was wheelchair-bound and paralyzed.
"I was trapped in a body that wouldn't do anything," she says. Now, following an experimental drug treatment, she has regained mobility and is studying for a ...
Read more : Drug Combo Shown to Reverse MS | Views : 1610 | Replies : 3

daily immunosuppressive therapy

Since Gary has been dxed with Devic's, MS's evil twin, I have been able to step back and question MS therapies. With Devics, the standard treatment is IV steroids or IV chemo type drugs during an attack and then keeping you on a daily immune supressing dose of a selection of suppressive drugs. AZT is given lots as well as methotrexate. Cellcept, what Gary takes, is newly being considered. Devic's is an autoimmune disease as ...
Read more : daily immunosuppressive therapy | Views : 2716 | Replies : 23

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221017 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service