It is currently Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:07 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Second round of Campath and having a baby

Does anyone know the rationale behind the studies administering a second (or third/fourth) round of Campath? Or could anyone formulate a hypothesis?
Why would HiCy be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and Campath not? Aren’t they both “rebooting” the adaptive immune system (killing all lymphocytes)?

And does anyone know whether you need immunizations again after Campath (bromley? Raven? Lab Rat)? I would think that if it had the same mechanism behind it as HiCy, one would need ...
Read more : Second round of Campath and having a baby | Views : 1713 | Replies : 2

Imaging neuroregeneration

Interesting imaging development...

Harvard researchers publish MRI images of genes in action in the living brain

Biologists have just confirmed what poets have known for centuries: eyes really are windows of the soul—or at least of the brain. In a new study published in the April 2008 print issue of The FASEB Journal (http://www.fasebj.org), Harvard researchers describe the development of gene probe eye drops that—for the first time—make it ...
Read more : Imaging neuroregeneration | Views : 1506 | Replies : 0

Rituxan

Went to Dr. Friday. I asked to many questions to put on here, but the most important one to me was "when am I going to see results". He said it was still a bit toearly , but most of his other paitents had seen improvements within four or five months from their last treatment. I can't say that I have definetly seen any improvement ,but somedays seem to be better than others. We also ...
Read more : Rituxan | Views : 1480 | Replies : 2

RE; GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS

DEAR MEMBERS my mane is seeva i need any one of our know about
GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS.ONE OF MY M.S FRIEND from LONDON send me a e.mail wich she was recevied from another her m.s friend. about this filters. thay called dirty electricity contamination can be cleaned by this filters. a lady was with progressive m.s has met DR. HAVAS and he installed 14 filters in his house and within three days he repoted walking unaid. ...
Read more : RE; GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS | Views : 1907 | Replies : 3

Multiple Sclerosis Agitation

I just found this article from 1997 about neuropsychiatric symptoms in multiple sclerosis patients and they found that 40% of the patients were agitated! :twisted:

http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/c ... /51?ck=nck
Read more : Multiple Sclerosis Agitation | Views : 2768 | Replies : 10

Started Cytoxan Today

First of six infusions to be given once per month. So far, no adverse effects whatsoever. Hopefully that will continue and I'll actually see some benefits.

Anyone else on here tried Cytoxan other than the Revimmune crew?

Thanks.
Read more : Started Cytoxan Today | Views : 1598 | Replies : 0

Another target

Another day another target. I think minocycline has an effect on MMPs.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j13 ... 4&w=464753
Read more : Another target | Views : 1602 | Replies : 4

Remyelination in mice

Lucky mice, maybe one day we can be like the mice...

Remyelination after chronic spinal cord injury is associated with proliferation of endogenous adult progenitor cells after systemic administration of guanosine.

Purinergic Signal. 2008 Mar;4(1):61-71. Epub 2008 Jan 8.
Jiang S, Ballerini P, Buccella S, Giuliani P, Jiang C, Huang X, Rathbone MP.
Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery, Neurobiology), McMaster University, Health Sciences Centre, 4E15, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada, ...
Read more : Remyelination in mice | Views : 1292 | Replies : 0

10 Deadliest Drugs

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100198254

Here we go again! See no. 8 listed in this article...Avonex, Betaseron and Rebif. What does this mean? That if you don't keep up with your labs that it could cause irreversable liver damage? This article doesn't really explain why it is on the 10 Deadliest Drugs list.

Thanks! :(
Read more : 10 Deadliest Drugs | Views : 1888 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234240 • Total topics 25181 • Total members 16398

Contact us | Terms of Service