It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:57 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Nuns

As I was raised a protestant, I have no time for nuns (can't see the point of them and they are exempt from paying taxes). Nevertheless, I'm having a bad day and came across the following story. This nun was dx in 1970 but is still teaching and doesn't look to bad for someone who has had MS for 36 years. I still don't like nuns ( would force them to marry monks if I ...
Read more : Nuns | Views : 1111 | Replies : 5

Positive stem cells for a change

A story from my local newspaper. Professor Scolding is my neurologist and all round good egg. At my last appointment with him he intimated that he hopes to be starting human trials within a year.

<shortened url>

Hey Ian, if you start machine gunning MS researchers could you leave the Prof til last? I actually believe that he may be one of our best hopes for full restitution from MS ...
Read more : Positive stem cells for a change | Views : 1394 | Replies : 7

Nicotiamide - B3 - may help MS...

Jeez, I hope this is true... Seems legit...

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=20211
Read more : Nicotiamide - B3 - may help MS... | Views : 3246 | Replies : 21

I need opinions!

Truthful, heartfelt, from your gut opinions.

Tovaxin trial: Would you/wouldn't you? why/why not?

I've been contacted. I qualify. They want me.

I'm not sure if I'm prepared to be a guinea pig...

I'm also not sure if I'm prepared to live with not giving it a try...

Thanks for your input. :)
Read more : I need opinions! | Views : 1251 | Replies : 3

Double dosing

If a drug doesn't work that well - the solution is to double the dose! But this doesn't apply to Copaxone.

http://www.msanswers.ca/QuestionView.aspx?L=2&QID=241
Read more : Double dosing | Views : 1116 | Replies : 4

FTY720 Hype

Although I long for the day when I can pop a pill to treat my so called MS, what is the real benefit? I hate injections, so yes, this is a benefit, no more injections, but here are some things to think about:

1. MRI enhancing lesion reduction -- This doesn't correspond to disease activity, why do they insist on using this as a valid metric of effectiveness???

2. "The annualized relapse rate was reduced ...
Read more : FTY720 Hype | Views : 1243 | Replies : 6

Exercise and MS

Apparently exercise is good for people with MS! Would have never guessed that. Lucky there were four researchers to conduct a study.

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=14520
Read more : Exercise and MS | Views : 1187 | Replies : 4

Lyrica in Europe

Pfizer's Lyrica(R) Approved in Europe for Difficult-to-Treat Nerve Pain
Lyrica's neuropathic pain indication broadened to include central nerve pain.

Central nerve pain is associated with conditions such as spinal cord injury, stroke, and multiple sclerosis - A robust and unprecedented clinical program involving more than 10,000 patients supports Lyrica's efficacy and safety in treating a broad range of neurological disorders - Medical Expert: 'Physicians will be in a better position to manage a whole host ...
Read more : Lyrica in Europe | Views : 860 | Replies : 1

Botox / bladders

City pioneers use Botox to fix bladder problems

PIONEERING surgeons are using the beauty treatment Botox to cure bladder problems in multiple sclerosis patients.

Until now the procedure, which involves injecting botulinum toxin, has been used to reduce lines and wrinkles.

However, at Edinburgh's Western General Hospital, it has dramatically reduced incontinence among MS patients, and it could now be trialed on other people who suffer from bladder complaints.

Doctors have been injecting tiny quantities ...
Read more : Botox / bladders | Views : 1357 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218765 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14196