It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:54 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS hug?

Anyone ever have a MS hug? This was one of the first symptoms of a flare up. It all started with a little numbness in the toes and feet. Then it moved up one leg. To the point that I could walk but wasn't sure were my feet where. Then it skipped over my waist line and went from my belly button to under my chest. Now when it got that far is when it ...
Read more : MS hug? | Views : 2064 | Replies : 13

Awaiting Prognosis Looking For Advice From MS Patients

I'm 26 yrs old going on 27 w/in the month.

Just this past week I've had an MRI done as my neurologist suggested. Both brain and spinal MRI's were attained and I'm currently waiting to hear back from my Neurologist. I was wondering if people that have been diagnosed with MS can weigh in on my current condition (outlined below) to see if these were some of the early symptoms you've had before you were ...
Read more : Awaiting Prognosis Looking For Advice From MS Patients | Views : 3633 | Replies : 17

immunopathogenesis

Read more : immunopathogenesis | Views : 1499 | Replies : 2

close to a cure?

just a question.. how many of you, honestly, think that one day, hopefully in the not so distant future, there will be a cure for this disease? With all the research with stem cells, do you think that one day it will become the next, say, strep throat where one just takes some pills and is done with it? or am i just hoping for too much? I read an article about some stem cell ...
Read more : close to a cure? | Views : 4177 | Replies : 19

Etiquette ?? in the Dr office

My nuerologist is sometimes in a wheelchair other times on crutches. This has offten time made me curious. He is a wonderful guy and I like him alot. He has never volunteered what his condition is to me. My question is would it be wrong of me to ask? This doesn't make a difference to me so maybe I shouldn't. It is just something that I have wondered about since my first visit almost two ...
Read more : Etiquette ?? in the Dr office | Views : 1914 | Replies : 11

Zoloft & Brain Zaps

I know this might sound crazy (ironic since I'm talking about Zoloft) but here goes anyway. I tried to stop taking my daily Zoloft pill. After about three or four days I began getting these strange sensations in my head. It felt like electrical zaps. After a few weeks I couldn't stand it anymore and started taking the Zoloft again. The zaps went away when I started taking the drug again. What's up with this? ...
Read more : Zoloft & Brain Zaps | Views : 2489 | Replies : 7

regrowing a finger

This was a gotta-see-it-to-believe-it story. What can it do for an MS patient, if it could?......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7354458.stm
Read more : regrowing a finger | Views : 2360 | Replies : 9

Burning mouth

Is driving me crazy! This was almost completely gone during my steroids treatment and a bit after, but it's slowly come back.

Anyone else dealt with burning mouth before? It can be pure agony. I get the burning in the mouth, esp. on my top right side and my cheek feels like it's on fire (on the inside), my tongue feels like a million bees are stinging it, and my lips can feel a slight ...
Read more : Burning mouth | Views : 9777 | Replies : 41

Burning on base of foot

Hi guys

I just wanted to ask if anyone has found anything which helps with this. Mine seems to be getting worse.

My neuro said it's normal for ms patients, but apart from neuropathic pain killers (gabapentin etc), which have some terrible side effects, nothing else was offered.

Thanks

J.
Read more : Burning on base of foot | Views : 1853 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235122 • Total topics 25368 • Total members 16581

Contact us | Terms of Service