It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:32 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Does Lesion Count Matter?

I have been diagnosed with 23 lesions, does that matter or is 1 lesion the same as 23? I don't know if the lesion count matters or if doesn't predict what type of MS I will eventually have.

Please give me some information.

Read more : Does Lesion Count Matter? | Views : 1952 | Replies : 4

Fighting the good fight

Fighting for disability rights in America: Win, lose...or die trying.

On August 23, 2007, after waiting nearly two years to present my case before a social security administrative judge, I was awarded full retroactive SSDI benefits. Am I happy that I won the battle? Yes and No.

Prior to being stricken with MS, I owned a thriving advertising agency and worked 60-80 hours a week for 17 years in pursuit of the American dream. I ...
Read more : Fighting the good fight | Views : 1189 | Replies : 2

MRI research

As MRI scanners improve, more is learned about the disease. Here is some recent research.

New MRI finding sheds light on multiple sclerosis disease progression 28 August 2007

Using magnetic resonance (MR) images of the brain, researchers have identified a new abnormality related to disease progression and disability in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), according to a study published in the August issue of Radiology.

“Based on these findings, physicians may be able to ...
Read more : MRI research | Views : 850 | Replies : 0

optic neuritis

I am new to this forum and I have not yet been diagnosed, However I have had three episodes of acute optic neuritis in the last year. Twice in the left ey and now in the right. Each tim I have been treated with 3 days of IV steroids but each time my MRIs have come back normal. other then the ON I have had no other pronounced signs of MS. Has anyone here ...
Read more : optic neuritis | Views : 2314 | Replies : 9

Searching for a pharmacy directory for England...

My mother suffers from asthma and as her medication is nearly over, I would like to start buying her medication online but as I never did this before, I tried to search for a pharmacy directory but got a France pharmacy directory instead. I would like to have a pharmacy directory for England with all the features like pharmacy names, address, and telephone numbers please. Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks!!
Read more : Searching for a pharmacy directory for England... | Views : 1197 | Replies : 2

Does anyone get extremely dizzy?

I was taken off Rebif 2 weeks ago and have felt fine. All of a sudden the dizzyness I felt before going on medication is back. Has this happened to anyone and if so did your Dr do anything?

I'm nervous because my Dr said each relapse requires hospitalization for steroids, but I don't know if this would require steroids. Please share any information with me.

Read more : Does anyone get extremely dizzy? | Views : 2193 | Replies : 12

Has anyone tried the new nerve stimulator that helps footdrop, improves circulation, etc.? I saw it in the MSQR magazine. It's with Rx only, so you have to talk to your doctor about it and see if it's right for your situation. I was thinking that it might help me to bend my ankles allowing me to get up and down stairs easier. Right now I walk very stiff-legged and I can't raise my foot ...
Read more : WalkAide | Views : 1740 | Replies : 2

mast cells

Interesting potential...

Mast cells, T cells, and inhibition by luteolin: implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of multiple sclerosis.

Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;601:423-30.
Theoharides TC, Kempuraj D, Iliopoulou BP.
Department of Pharmacology, Internal Medicine and Biochemistry, Immunology Program, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a demyelinating disease of the central nervous system (CNS) mainly mediated by Th1, but ...
Read more : mast cells | Views : 1010 | Replies : 0

MS Diagnostics

Hi all,

Found this article re: a newly developed technique to test for a number of medical conditions, including MS. It is in the experimental stage, but sounds interesting. Below is the link and article.

Brain test could help make earlier diagnoses

A technique developed by a U scientist shows promise in detecting several neurological disorders for which there is no other single test.

By Maura Lerner, ...
Read more : MS Diagnostics | Views : 1109 | Replies : 0

How bacteria can get into the nervous system

Here's an interesting discovery about a possible way for bacteria to enter the CSF, which doesn't require the presence of blood brain barrier leakage:

Bacterial toxins and Multiple Sclerosis.

J Neurol Sci. 2007 Aug 17;

Authors: Gay F

The primary pathogenetic mechanism responsible for the distinctive demyelinating lesions in the Central Nervous System (CNS) in Multiple Sclerosis (MS), first described in remarkable detail by Charcot more than 170 years ago, remains one of the most ...
Read more : How bacteria can get into the nervous system | Views : 1636 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228641 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15484

Contact us | Terms of Service