It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Choosing a good neurologist?

I just had two MRIs - one that showed a barely perceptible lesion on my cervical spinal cord and another that showed small brain lesions that they say most likely point to MS. The MRI report says the lesions are inactive at this time. Forgive me, I am new to all of this, so I'm not sure if I'm saying this right. Anyway, I have been referred to a neurologist, but how do I know ...
Read more : Choosing a good neurologist? | Views : 1989 | Replies : 3

What is unsteadiness when walking?

How do you describe unsteadiness when walking?

Is it a feeling that you are going to fall off, like your balance isn´t right?

Is it a drunk walk?

Or is it just an odd feeling that you feel you are blocking?

It´s really strange whats happening to me because i have this feeling that something is wrong with my walking although i don´t walk drunk or need to grab things or use a cane to ...
Read more : What is unsteadiness when walking? | Views : 11201 | Replies : 29

new here - scared, lonely, and depressed.

hi,

let me first start by that, as of right this second, i still have yet to be diagnosed as having MS. my symptoms are strange and i'm having an MRI soon. i really have no place else to turn as it seems until i get a diagnosis my family and friends think i'm nuts and i shouldn't worry about it until i'm officially diagnosed (easier said than done). it all started in september after ...
Read more : new here - scared, lonely, and depressed. | Views : 6395 | Replies : 46

Concrete sandwich and concussion

Two Fridays ago I fell down an flight of 3 stairs and did a face plant onto the concrete below. I fractured my skull, was knocked unconcious and suffered a stage 3 concussion. Wow, I spent 2 days in ICU and another in the hospital. I had CSF fluid coming out of my ears in the ER.

I am starting to recover, but the headache and balance are still bad. I believe my fall was ...
Read more : Concrete sandwich and concussion | Views : 2371 | Replies : 12

MY RITUXAN

I am beginning to think the rituxan is working for me. Last weekend I spent most of my time either fishing or working in the yard. The fishing isn't out of the ordinary but the heavy duty yard work is. It was hot and I was running a chainsaw all day. This is the first time in a long while that I have been able to do something like this. It feels so good to ...
Read more : MY RITUXAN | Views : 1463 | Replies : 1

MRI's, lesions and black holes for dummies.....

Hi All,

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... i_94040948

I found this very useful when I was starting out learning about MS and lesions etc.

Hope you do too.

Thanks

Jamie.
Read more : MRI's, lesions and black holes for dummies..... | Views : 1791 | Replies : 2

What´s this?

Hi there.

I´ve joined the board today only after spending a few weeks reading some information in here and i would like to ask you about the symptoms i´m having.

I´m not diagnosed with MS yet, and i really hope never but it looks like there is something going on.

So my history started in November 2007 with double vision. I´ve gone first to the oftamologist to check what this was and he sent me ...
Read more : What´s this? | Views : 2128 | Replies : 12

Has a doctor ever looked at.....

your tongue?
This was a first for Jeff the other day. The new holistic doc studied his tongue for awhile.
"Hmmmm.....", he said.
"That's interesting. You have a geographic or fissured tongue. It happens in about 15% of the population. Could be genetic, might be related to a virus. We'll have to look into that."

Not to be too navel-gazing, just wondering how many folks have ever had their tongues scrutinized. It used to be ...
Read more : Has a doctor ever looked at..... | Views : 2699 | Replies : 5

NMSS Ohio Valley 150K Bike Run

My brother is raising funds for the NMSS. He did it last year for the first time and raised $10,000 on his own. If you click on this link there is a picture of me with him (I know a bunch out here are starting to share pictures and here's one with me in and I didn't have to do the work to put it there). http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/OHGBikeEvents?px=3151491&pg=personal&fr_id=8281
I can only hope that everyone with this ...
Read more : NMSS Ohio Valley 150K Bike Run | Views : 1637 | Replies : 2

MS/TM/NMO/ADEM Scientific Conference for Patients

If you have any interest in seeing some scientific presentations on MS/TM/NMO/ADEM, meeting other patients, and hob-nobbing with researchers, then I highly recommend this symposium: http://www.acceleratedcure.org:8080/node/3187

It's in Seattle July 16 - 19, 2008 and is a great opportunity to learn about these diseases, meet others who have them, and talk to the researchers who are working on them. I'll be there and would love it if you would introduce yourself if you see me.
Read more : MS/TM/NMO/ADEM Scientific Conference for Patients | Views : 1486 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235106 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16576

Contact us | Terms of Service