It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 6:14 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

How do you tell your co-workers? Or do you?

Hello, I am new here. Diagnoised Feb, 07. Definately not enjoying this monster. I have went from extremely active to having a hard time walking. I am really struggling with telling people about this disease. I work with mostly men and I dont want them to treat me like I am sick, however it is becoming noticeable. Does any one have advise?
Read more : How do you tell your co-workers? Or do you? | Views : 4598 | Replies : 31

Concussion / brain injury update

Well it has been about a month and a half since I took a header off the stairs and ended up in the ER with a brain injury / concussion. Time for an update. Most of the major headaches and vertigo have calmed down. What I have left is serious equilibrium / balance problems and I have not regained my sense of smell. My ON seems to be worse now as well. Prognosis is unknown ...
Read more : Concussion / brain injury update | Views : 1507 | Replies : 3

i'm back (just a warning to you all)...

hey everyone hope this finds everyone doing okay out there...its been awhile since i have been on here..been working thru some things so havent been on..could have used the support but when you can get to the computer what can i do..anyways update...i have had problems with my right side even more now and have another mri scheduled for next week..yippy there..have a problem with dizziness to the point layed me out at work to ...
Read more : i'm back (just a warning to you all)... | Views : 1956 | Replies : 10

FDA has changed its tune on amalgam fillings

Mercury fillings may harm some- like immunocompromised individuals...

"We do believe that the agency will ask for the label to indicate that mercury is an ingredient in the filling, and that special populations should be exempt from such fillings, such as: nursing women, pregnant women, young children, and immunocompromised individuals,"

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... dChannel=0

very interesting change of policy. Still haven't had Jeff's 13 amalgam fillings removed..looking for a local ...
Read more : FDA has changed its tune on amalgam fillings | Views : 2421 | Replies : 11

Bit miffed today??

Bit miffed today i had a letter off urology with a date for Urodynamics testing.. but i was told by my nurse and Neuro that it would be pointless due to having no urine output at all.... how would they measure my flow? Also a chart came with it asking me to write down how much i void at how many times a day for a week???? i do not void at all??? :dunno: :wtf: ...
Read more : Bit miffed today?? | Views : 2834 | Replies : 17

Accupuncture?

Has anyone tried accupuncture for symptom relief?, like leg pain, spasticity etc.?
Did it work for ya?
Do you have links to documentaion either way?

There's such a wealth of experience on this site..Thanks in advance.
Colleen
Read more : Accupuncture? | Views : 7369 | Replies : 44

Suggestions needed for too much Pain

Hello All,

I am the son of a woman who has a very severe case of MS. She is practically immobile, has no balance, and struggles with almost every physical aspect of her day. But, like many other people with MS she has one of the best attitudes and is a joy to be around (her strength amazes me everyday). For years she has had a burning nerve pain in her right shoulder that comes ...
Read more : Suggestions needed for too much Pain | Views : 1920 | Replies : 9

c-Jun protein

Possible - Regeneration For The Central Nervous System
by multiplesclerosis on Sun 01 Jun 2008 12:00 AM CST
Regenerative Activity In The Peripheral Nervous System Could Mean Regeneration For The Central Nervous System

Researchers at the Peninsula Medical School in the South West of England, University College London, the San Raffaele Scientific Institute in Milan and Cancer Research UK, have for the first time identified a protein that is key to the regeneration of damage ...
Read more : c-Jun protein | Views : 1373 | Replies : 1

Hello everyone

Hello,
I am new here. I will spend hours reading the great posts! I did a search, however, and did not find a response. I am sure its here because it seems a common question.

How do I know what medication I should do? My Neuroligist said to go home and read up on them and pick one. Is this normal? How do I pick one?

I know basics, like how many times a day/week ...
Read more : Hello everyone | Views : 2214 | Replies : 15

possible symptoms?

Hi. i've recently been on holiday and whilst there, i was having difficulty swallowing. I felt as though something was stuck and it seems to be continuing, but not as bad at the moment.
Whilst i was resting at home, i had a funny sensation which is why i thought i'd check it out. When looking at some symptoms of MS, i had a few linked with my eyes where quite a few years ago, ...
Read more : possible symptoms? | Views : 2406 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238246 • Total topics 25917 • Total members 17176

Contact us | Terms of Service