It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:08 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS Journal

This was posted over at Accelerated Cure but I know the research junkies over here will probably dig it. 2 months of free access to the MS Journal.

http://msj.sagepub.com/
Read more : MS Journal | Views : 1982 | Replies : 4

dysesthesia

I just found out today this is the name for very bothersome burning, freezing and stabbing pains in hands and right arm. They call it "tactile hallucination", but to me it is very real and painful and upsetting. I've tried Neurontin and Lyrica and both seemed to work initially, but then stopped working. Have had this since November, 2007. Does anyone have any advice, any recommendations, know of anything that eased the "discomfort"? Many thanks, ...
Read more : dysesthesia | Views : 1528 | Replies : 0

Impaired Renal function in patients with progressive MS

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/ab ... 59/11/1799

I would like to suggest that MS patients make sure their glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is satisfactory to excrete gadolinium dye used in MRIs, BEFORE they have an MRI with enhancement.

Since kidney disease is often not diagnosed until it is very far along, a slightly compromised system could be affected by gadolinium. A simple renal panel test will give you an idea. We'll have my ...
Read more : Impaired Renal function in patients with progressive MS | Views : 1621 | Replies : 1

I'm so upset right now

....and just need to vent to my friends on this website.

I was just approached (or should I say confronted) at the grocery store by this woman who asked "are you REALLY handicapped?" (because I parked in the handicapped parking)

My response was "well yes, I have multiple sclerosis...and what is your problem, are you just rude?" She responded..."really?" and my response was "REALLY!"

WTF, where do these people get off?

Thanks for listening.
Read more : I'm so upset right now | Views : 2607 | Replies : 12

My MS Mis-Diagnosis please read!!!

I will get tested for Lyme disease....it makes sense to me because all my symptoms of MS started again when I stopped taking antibiotics(for acne) and I have pulled to many ticks from my body to remember how many!
Read more : My MS Mis-Diagnosis please read!!! | Views : 8910 | Replies : 59

Anaylsis of the American MS Market

Forgive me if this was already posted, but investor research has a pretty good outlook for the MS Market.

Market Overview

Underserved Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Market Gets a Lifeline with the Development of Numerous Treatment Options

Healthcare companies across all tiers of competition are beginning to sit up and take notice of the U.S. multiple sclerosis (MS) market, following a spate of innovations in therapies. Big pharma, specialty pharma, niche pharma, biotechnology, and start-up companies ...
Read more : Anaylsis of the American MS Market | Views : 1804 | Replies : 3

Does she really have MS?

I'm sorry to bring this subject to this site but I have questions that I need some help with. Long story short, I've dated a woman for 6 years and three years ago she told me she had MS while we were in the middle of having some relationship problems. Since that day I'm having some trouble understanding why she would tell me this at that time. She has no answer for me when I ...
Read more : Does she really have MS? | Views : 5290 | Replies : 21

ABS-75

I know it's mice but.....

New Drug Protects Nerve Cells From Damage In Mice
ScienceDaily (Mar. 13, 2008) —

Individuals with multiple sclerosis develop progressive neurological disability that is thought to be caused by degradation of nerve cells. A new study has characterized an agent that protected nerve cells from damage in culture and markedly reduced disease progression in a mouse model of MS.

The authors of the study therefore suggested that agents similar to ...
Read more : ABS-75 | Views : 1764 | Replies : 1

Gadolinium induced disease- NSF

Wanted all MRI receiving folks to be alerted to this condition, NSF.
We think this is what's going on with my husband's rash and skin problems. He just has his second MRI with gadolinium, and his legs are covered in purpura and very sore.

We'll have a skin biopsy done to be sure... You do not have to be suffering from kidney disease to contract this illness.

<shortened url>

AC
Read more : Gadolinium induced disease- NSF | Views : 3218 | Replies : 13

AAN Annual Conference - abstracts

The American Academy of Neurology Annual meeting takes place on 12-19 April. Attached is the link to the abstracts. There's something to cover most interests - EBV / Tovaxin / Vit D and the various drugs in the pipeline.

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2008chicago/

Ian
Read more : AAN Annual Conference - abstracts | Views : 1418 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233920 • Total topics 25124 • Total members 16304

Contact us | Terms of Service