It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Something positive

I just wanted to post something positive because I have had a pretty rough year and am usually moaning more often than not.

For the first time in months (maybe more than a year) I had a great surge of energy last night. I did so much when I got in from work - cooked evening meal and an extra casserole for tonight as we will be going out, did a whole bunch of housework ...
Read more : Something positive | Views : 2002 | Replies : 6

White Nails and MS

Hello,

I've been having white nails for around 8 years now. When I say it's white, the entire nail is as white as a ghost. I'm not talking about occasional white clouds that appear in normal persons from time to time. I want to know if it was normal for people with MS or people with low B12 level? I had low B12 in the order of 130 pg/ml when I last tested it.

Thanks, ...
Read more : White Nails and MS | Views : 2014 | Replies : 3

Need Advice

My daughter has been in a coma for a month now and her doctor just got back results from a second biopsy. His Official Diagnosis: Inflammatory Disease of Brain-Inflammatory driven by B & T cells. He said no antibodies where found so he was not going to start her back on plasmapheresis which she was on for about 6 days with steroids. She is currently on 1000 mg of steroids per day. The doctor has ...
Read more : Need Advice | Views : 1877 | Replies : 8

Weird

I stopped taking Mirapex about three days ago to see what it would be like not to take it. Well the last two nights I have had night sweats so bad that I had to get up during the night and change. I usually take three 5 mg Mirapex a day to control my RLS. For the life of me I can't figure out why this is happening. Has anyone else had these night sweats ...
Read more : Weird | Views : 1570 | Replies : 1

FOR WOMEN

I feel very very sad :cry: Yesterday night me and my boyfriend wanted to go out and have fun,as every Saturday happens here in Greece.So,i wore nice clothes to be prety and also wore 'high 'shoes(i do not know the english word...).That was mistake,bad choice because i could not walk on them!i felt AWFUL!... :cry: ...
Read more : FOR WOMEN | Views : 2206 | Replies : 8

Therapies for progressive MS

No much in this article, but three point interested me:

- reference to LINGO (work by Biogen)
- reference to damage in MS being similar to stroke damage
- reference to the gene work on MS and forecasting that the relevant genes might be identified in 2009.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/news/n ... px?nid=556
Read more : Therapies for progressive MS | Views : 1423 | Replies : 1

The List of Questions

How long did it take a doctor to diagnosis you? I was doing some research and it stated that it takes 6 month to diagnosis MS to be sure, is this a myth or no, cause I was dianose within a month ( had MRI met doctor he told me I had ms, did a spinal tab to confirm) with only one attack and no repeat attack at all since my diagnosis nearly 6 months ...
Read more : The List of Questions | Views : 1464 | Replies : 2

Radiologically Isolated Syndrome in MS

A new study published online in this week's Neurology, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology, reports that a third of people who underwent an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) for other brain-related problems, but whose scans also showed abnormalities suggestive of MS, went on to develop the chronic disease within an average of about five years.

The research raises medical and ethical questions that genetic researchers and patients have bandied about for ...
Read more : Radiologically Isolated Syndrome in MS | Views : 1811 | Replies : 2

Not disabled enough

Gotta love the English benefits system. I applied for Disability living allowance - a small benefit to help disabled people be able to live more normally and afford a little help with the costs of disability. I still work so it's not full-time sickness benefit. After 6 months they ahve come back and told me that I am not disabled enough. I have been on crutches or a walking stick permenantly since May. But it ...
Read more : Not disabled enough | Views : 2030 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243205 • Total topics 26713 • Total members 17852

Contact us | Terms of Service