It is currently Tue May 31, 2016 5:28 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

So I'm thinking

I don't want to go on Rebif and I would rather use copaxone. I know I need to consult my doctor and I plan on doing so this coming week. A big plus for me is the seemingly non-existent side effects associated with copaxone. The most common side effects(swelling at the site etc) are also associated with rebif and it lacks the increased fatigue associated with interferons. Also, although I am no doctor I feel ...
Read more : So I'm thinking | Views : 1994 | Replies : 9

Morgellons

OK,

This is a total side note to MS. ACheerleader wrote some stuff about thinking her husband may have this (AC, forgive me if it wasn't you, but it was someone on here). At any rate, it looks like it is getting the attention of the CDC now.

http://www.local6.com/health/15078270/detail.html

I don't know how to make the link work in terms of just clicking it, but there's the address of ...
Read more : Morgellons | Views : 1494 | Replies : 2

MRI

More powerful MRI scanners should provide better information on what is happening in our CNS and to monitor the effects of treatments.

At the end of March, Professor Miller, UK MS / MRI expert is giving a presentation on MRI and MS.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/convention/ ... iller.html

The following article reports on the benefits of the newer / more powerful MRI scanners.

Stronger MRI's Speed Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis 18 January 2008 ...
Read more : MRI | Views : 1880 | Replies : 4

Inducing Oral Tolerance?

Anyone have any information on these trials?

Also does anyone have any information on the drug glatiramer acetate?

or any experiences?
Read more : Inducing Oral Tolerance? | Views : 2185 | Replies : 11

Can MRI cause headache?

I had my first MRi scan this morning and I have had a vicious headache since that painkillers won't get rid of. Is this coincidence or likely to be a result of the MRI?
Read more : Can MRI cause headache? | Views : 8577 | Replies : 8

Worms

Bob,

Here's the deal. Attached is a worm / immune system article. The deal is that you take two weeks off from posting.

My inbox is crammed with e-mails asking me to ban you for good. In my recent poll on the popularity of posters you got a worse score than Harry Z.

Nothing personal Bob, but I've got to think of the other users.

http://www.boston.com/news/science/arti ... evolution/

Ian
Read more : Worms | Views : 2216 | Replies : 9

trace elements and abdominal pain

now that i have discovered that my zinc is down, i reviewed some of my other vague and various issues in recent months. aside from the reappearance of the jimmylegs, i considered my three or four episodes of sharp, harsh, all-over abdomen pain. a quick search turned up the abstract below, but i really have only spent a couple of seconds on this so far:

Trace Elements in Human Health and Disease: An Update
The ...
Read more : trace elements and abdominal pain | Views : 1610 | Replies : 3

Hidden pain??

This is probably going to be very confusing for most. I am confused beyond belief.

In the past couple days I've started urinating like I used to be able to. Every time it all comes out. Every single time.

Aside from this wonderous miracle, I feel like I have icy hot in my urethra, all the way to my rectum It does NOT hurt when I urinate (and I did go for a UA, last ...
Read more : Hidden pain?? | Views : 1739 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232527 • Total topics 24869 • Total members 16024

Contact us | Terms of Service