It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Gardasil (HPV vaccine) can lead to MS

I suspect that my daughter's inoculation with the HPV vaccine has caused her, a previously healthy, active 15 year old, to develop MS (at first thought to be ADEM). Any thoughts?
Read more : Gardasil (HPV vaccine) can lead to MS | Views : 7074 | Replies : 25

Grey matter for GWA

I know you worry about grey matter GWA.

http://www.msif.org/goexternal.rm?id=4130
Read more : Grey matter for GWA | Views : 1200 | Replies : 1

breathing question

Question for all, and I have no idea if it's MS related or not. I want to find out if others have experienced this. It's not really that big of a deal, but an annoyance.

You know those 'deep breaths' you take every so often (usually after a yawn) where you just breath way down until your lungs feel filled? There are times throughout the day here recently where I can't get the last 10% ...
Read more : breathing question | Views : 1777 | Replies : 9

Switching from Copaxone to ???? Per new doctors orders

Just wanted some opinions here. I'm 29 and have been seeing my MS Dr for about 5 years (since I was dx). Recently, he decided to take a job at Stanford so now I'm seeing a new Dr. My old doctor really pushed Copaxone and I seemed to do well on it. I felt like he was very trustworthy. I've only had a few minor issues but am still doing well. Recently my leg is ...
Read more : Switching from Copaxone to ???? Per new doctors orders | Views : 1860 | Replies : 6

some thoughts

Hello. I have not posted very much but do look in from time to time. Find lots of info to help but still going through not knowing for sure if I have MS. Been over 6 years with some progression of symptoms. Been dx with Central Nervous System Disorder. Last MRI Oct. 2007 showed 2 new lesions that could suggest MS. Neuro has not dx MS, I asked what else could be looked at and ...
Read more : some thoughts | Views : 1571 | Replies : 4

"Exercise pill" AICAR

No direct relationship to MS, but, given my fascination with insulin, I found this sentence in the CNN article interesting:
AICAR stimulates muscles to remove sugar from the blood, noted Laurie Goodyear of the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston.

from 'Exercise pill' burns fat--if you're a mouse

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/07/31/exercise.pill.ap/index.html

You may find this abstract to have a little more info:
Friday, August 01, 2008
Cell Article on Effects of "Exercise Pill" on Mice
Cell has a fascinating ...
Read more : "Exercise pill" AICAR | Views : 1447 | Replies : 2

Titanium AFO's

My neuro has prescribed an AFO for foot drop. I live 2 hours away from neuro and was planning to get fitted in hometown. Neuro said to make sure AFO is made from titanium, but no one I've contacted is familiar with anything of the sort. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm not asking for the right thing?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Read more : Titanium AFO's | Views : 2234 | Replies : 5

Tysabri: 2 new cases of PML

I hope the fallout from this doesn't get too ugly...

http://tinyurl.com/tys-pml
Read more : Tysabri: 2 new cases of PML | Views : 5120 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239604 • Total topics 26160 • Total members 17430

Contact us | Terms of Service