It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

High Tech Device Helps Foot Drop Patients Walk Normally

Has anyone heard or seen anything about this device?

gwa

High-Tech Device Helps Stroke Patients Walk Normally - Electrical Stimulation Technology Gives Patients Control Of Foot And Leg Muscles
16 Sep 2008

(Among stroke survivors and patients suffering from other neurological or muscular disorders, one common difficulty they face is foot drop, a partial leg paralysis that prevents the foot from lifting. Foot drop causes instability and difficulty walking. Now, Rush University Medical Center is ...
Read more : High Tech Device Helps Foot Drop Patients Walk Normally | Views : 2260 | Replies : 2

Rituxan News

Here's some recent news regarding Rituxan...

FDA cites brain virus with Genentech, Biogen drug
FDA alerts doctors to fatal case of rare brain virus in patient taking Rituxan
September 11, 2008: 04:39 PM EST

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - Federal regulators said Thursday one case of a deadly brain infection has been reported in a patient taking Genentech and Biogen Idec's blockbuster arthritis and cancer drug Rituxan.

The Food and Drug Administration said the woman ...
Read more : Rituxan News | Views : 1394 | Replies : 0

MS treatment of 1950's

Through someone's post here (sorry, I forget who that was) I came across this site: http://www.goldwarp.com/MultipleSclerosisStudies/index.html and I found this info especially interesting: http://www.goldwarp.com/MultipleSclerosisStudies/mgdeficiency.html because of these lines:
Finally, we must recall the therapeutic benefit of central nervous system vasodilators in MS patients, pioneered by Bayard Horton of the Mayo Clinic, tested on acute MS symptoms for 14 years by Brickner, considered the treatment of choice for MS by most physicians during the 1950s, and proved ...
Read more : MS treatment of 1950's | Views : 4661 | Replies : 17

health associations with mag deficiency

fun list -

Deficiency (from low dietary intake or excess loss) is clinically associated with:

* ADD/ADHD
* Alzheimer's
* Angina
* Anxiety disorders
* Arrhythmia
* Arthritis- Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis
* Asthma
* Autism
* Auto immune disorders- all types
* Cavities
* Cerebral Palsy- in children from magnesium deficient mothers
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
* Congestive Heart Disease
* Constipation
* Crooked teeth- narrow jaw- in children from magnesium deficient mothers
* Depression ...
Read more : health associations with mag deficiency | Views : 1745 | Replies : 4

Clinical Trials and Health Insurance

A question for anybody that's participated in a trial or looked into one. Did you have to coordinate with your health insurance company? What was their policy? For instance, if the drug being tested caused some health problem, would the insurance company cover treatment for it?

Recently, I've been thinking about joining a study, and my insurance carrier said they would need to see information on it so they can pre-certify. I was told that ...
Read more : Clinical Trials and Health Insurance | Views : 1696 | Replies : 6

Relief for Burning Leg?

Hi All~

I've been posting here a bit over the last few weeks. My partner was diagnosed with MS back in February and he is currently on (and doing well with) Copaxone. In any event, the one constant symptom he has is a burning/painful right leg. He doesn't want to go on any prescription meds for it at this time as he doesn't find it to be debilitating, but we are curious about any supplements ...
Read more : Relief for Burning Leg? | Views : 12293 | Replies : 21

Gluten and trace mineral absorption

Found this interesting tidbit on a site which in general, I really agree with on so many levels. Some interesting thoughts, although not well-cited as are many other sections of that site...

Gluten Intolerance
One of the causes of magnesium deficiency is a diet high in grains, such as wheat, that have phytic acid. Phytic acid binds magnesium making it unavailable to the body. Wheat is an arid crop. It does not grow, and subsequently ...
Read more : Gluten and trace mineral absorption | Views : 1788 | Replies : 2

participating in drugs trials - thoughts?

I have just discovered a local company that are doing trials of new MS drugs and are looking for participants (paying nice money too). What are your thoughts. Has anyone been involved in trials? What are the risks?

Failing that they will still pay money for my blood! I finally found an upside to MS!
Read more : participating in drugs trials - thoughts? | Views : 1465 | Replies : 2

cheering you up

so, cheer's away for a bit. she has asked me to take on cheering you guys up if needed, in her absence. so if any of you need electronic hugs or something, i'm on it. never mind the scary avatar, it doesn't bite
<HUGZ>thisisms</HUGZ>
Read more : cheering you up | Views : 1372 | Replies : 4

Hands

This disease is so cruel. Spent the last four years worrying about walking. Now having an attack that's left nerve damage affecting my hands. They're weak, uncoordinated, and hyper-sensitive simultaneously. F***! 3 days of IV prednisone improved the symptoms from unbearable to awful. Whoopidy f***in doo! Showering is an adventure. Wiping my ass is harder than astro-physics. (Sorry). It's been three weeks. I'm a desk jockey; never thought an I'd have an injury resulting in ...
Read more : Hands | Views : 1639 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240824 • Total topics 26332 • Total members 17540

Contact us | Terms of Service