It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:06 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Under active immune system vs. over active immune system

Why do y'all think about the theory that it's an weak immune system going wacky that is the culprit in this and other auto immune disease?
Read more : Under active immune system vs. over active immune system | Views : 2645 | Replies : 10

Dew Point Temperature/Humidity and Spasticity

Hello all.

I thought that I would share this with you all.

I have had MS for six years now. Intrigued with how I was affected by temperature I began to record my well-being and the temperature daily. It didn't seem to correlate. Remembering how, back in 2004, I worked in an office with really extreme air conditioning and found that my symptoms eased considerably, I bought a hygrometer and found that the relative humidity ...
Read more : Dew Point Temperature/Humidity and Spasticity | Views : 10843 | Replies : 47

Miscarriage

Well that didn't last long. :(

I went for an ultrasound yesterday and it showed that the baby stopped developing at 5 weeks. I am supposed to be 7.5 weeks along.

I am nervous of a post-pregnancy relapse, but since my hormone levels never got a chance to get very high I am probably not at much risk. We're very sad but will keep try again as ...
Read more : Miscarriage | Views : 1741 | Replies : 9

Haptenology

My theory about predicting, preventing and curing MS and autoimmune diseases. In English: http://www.haptens.republika.pl/haptenology_en.html
In Polish: http://www.haptens.republika.pl/haptenology_pl.html
Read more : Haptenology | Views : 2701 | Replies : 18

traditional chinese medicine for MS

Hi guys, I'm from the Gold Coast, Australia, and have found your views on alternative treatment for MS most interesting, its great to see so many with an other than medical view to healing this problem.
I was told 5 years ago, at age 58, and after an MRI scan, that I had the biginning of MS. Never been sick in my life and now this ??
I found out that I had mercury poisoning, ...
Read more : traditional chinese medicine for MS | Views : 1437 | Replies : 1

PML brain infection with the drug Cellcept

This news has been circulating for a few months but thought I would post for all to see. Some neurologists are using Cellcept as off label treatment for MS. For those being offered Cellcept as an MS treatment you should be aware that there were 10 confirmed and 7 possible cases of PML with the use of this drug. This is the deadly brain infection that the 3 Tysabri users caught and died from. The ...
Read more : PML brain infection with the drug Cellcept | Views : 2085 | Replies : 2

Improved Diagnosis of MS with MEG

I am a participant in a research study sponsored by Orasi Medical, Inc. Title of the study is: "Improved Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis using Magnetoencephalography (MEG) and the Synchronous Neural Interaction" The machine used looks kind of like one of the old conical shaped hair dryers. You lie down and the machine is moved to the top of your head. It takes about five minutes. A whole lot easier than a brain MRI! The machine ...
Read more : Improved Diagnosis of MS with MEG | Views : 1537 | Replies : 0

Autopsy

Last September, after my wife Marg passed away, I had asked the hospital to conduct an autopsy. She had MS for 36 years and I wanted to learn how extensive the disease had progressed and what caused her death. It took 8 months before all the information was available and I discussed these findings with Marg's neurologist and also got an opinion from another person involved in MS research.

As for the cause of death....sepsis ...
Read more : Autopsy | Views : 4580 | Replies : 33

Stem Cells For Hope *New!

A new website that talks about Stem Cell Therapy with those who have MS.

http://www.stemcellsforhope.org/forums/

Read more : Stem Cells For Hope *New! | Views : 1761 | Replies : 3

Weschler test anyone?

I got a letter today that told me I have an appt. with a psychologist to take a "Weschler Test" for disability consideration. What does this consist of? Thanks for any info, I didn't find out much online.
Read more : Weschler test anyone? | Views : 1810 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239265 • Total topics 26103 • Total members 17375

Contact us | Terms of Service