It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:30 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Epigenetics and neural stem cells

I don't really understand most of this paper, but the combination of epigenetics and neural stem cells was too interesting to ignore.

Epigenetics and neural stem cell commitment

Hai-Liang TANG, Jian-Hong ZHU
Department of Neurosurgery, Fudan University, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai 200040, China
National Key Laboratory for Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China

Neural stem cell is presently the research hotspot in neuroscience. Recent progress indicates that epigenetic modulation is closely related ...
Read more : Epigenetics and neural stem cells | Views : 1270 | Replies : 2

100 Degrees and Fatigue!

I got back last week from a vacation in Breckenridge, CO. For those of you around the world, Breckenridge is in the Rocky Mountains. The elevation is 9000+ feet (2700+ meters for everyone but us in the US :p). The average temp was a nice 72 degrees F during the day. I felt great! I had virtually no fatigue and even played golf 3 days in a row.

As with all good things, my trip ...
Read more : 100 Degrees and Fatigue! | Views : 1420 | Replies : 6

New disabled guide to London

Here's a new guide that should be useful for any disabled visitors to London:
Read more : New disabled guide to London | Views : 925 | Replies : 1

hey everyone,
havent been on in awhile...have alot of reading to do on here to catch up with for me well in the past month i believe it is i have unfortantly be having a bad time..i have had three minor seizures..nothing serious...well to me i figure it could be worse then that....but with that being said they are now going to do another spinal tap..yippy my favorite test and another mri of the ...
Read more : NEW ISSUES | Views : 1355 | Replies : 8

A new track... (music)

I made a track about myself and my MS.

Listen to it here: Why

It's far from complete and it's badly mixed but I'm sure it will end up on my next album. But I wanted to give you all a preview :D Comments?... Please!

(on FTY720 and dropped from EDSS 5.5 to 2.0!)
Read more : A new track... (music) | Views : 1618 | Replies : 8

DNA Vaccine for MS

Tonight on the 5:30 pm Canadian Global TV national news, they had a very brief story about DNA being used in a vaccine to treat MS.

The story, which lasted all of about 20 seconds, stated that Phase II trials of this vaccine reduced brain lesions, (where have we heard that before?!) showed promise and the company was going to likely do Phase III trials. They didn't even mention the pharmaceutical company involved.

That's all ...
Read more : DNA Vaccine for MS | Views : 1305 | Replies : 2

Combination therapy of Interferon+Copaxone

This study included 83 MS patients that where treated with either Interferon or Copaxone. Due to worsening 21 of them switched to a combined therapy for 16-24 months.
Apart from high perceived psychological impact in the combination group, no other significant differences between treatments were found.

Read more : Combination therapy of Interferon+Copaxone | Views : 1124 | Replies : 0

3 years follow up Mitoxantrone

In 304 active RRMS or progressive MS patients, Mitoxantrone stabilised the dissease course for two years after Mitoxantrone discontinuation.
After that, people who did not get other dissease modifying drugs (Interferon / Copaxone) deteriorated.

Find the abstract here.

Read more : 3 years follow up Mitoxantrone | Views : 1120 | Replies : 0

Kaleidascope/blind spot in right eye

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have been doing great so far, MS-wise.

Just noticed with shock that I can't see properly in my right eye.
At first I thought I'd looked at something that had dazzled my eye, then I realised the vision is gone in a small central spot.
Then all around the spot it's gone like a moving kaleidascope.....very exciting altogether 8O (not!).

Now ...
Read more : Kaleidascope/blind spot in right eye | Views : 4520 | Replies : 29

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228662 • Total topics 24193 • Total members 15487

Contact us | Terms of Service