It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Anyone here not taking any MS Meds?

Is there anyone here recently diagnosed like within 1-3 years that has never taken MS meds or did and stopped? If so, please send me a PM.

Thanks So Much
Read more : Anyone here not taking any MS Meds? | Views : 9219 | Replies : 61

4-AP reaction question

Love it to death! What a drug for spasticity!! Barely a need for Baclofen.

However - ALL ABOARD, THE SHIP IS LEAVING!!

I swear to God I am back in Fl on a little house boat type thing going deep sea fishing. I can walk and all but wowser.

Now my balance is better, so the minute it was worse I knew what it was. Has anyone else had this happen, and is it something ...
Read more : 4-AP reaction question | Views : 1550 | Replies : 1

Is MS spine related?

I've been researching. My neck cracks uncontrollably...since I was diagnosed in 07. Neuros told me it was normal, which it CLEARLY is not. So I researched and found this website. "www.ms-cure.com"
of course thats my new thing now. Chiro took xrays and it showed severe c1 and c2 misalignment to the right and loss of neck curve. All my symtoms are on the right side of my body. I've been going for a month now ...
Read more : Is MS spine related? | Views : 2910 | Replies : 8

Osteopenia

I went in for my bi-annual bone density test aka bone scan. Even though for the past 2.5 years I have taken a calcium supplement with vitamin D plus two additional vitamin D tablets (2000 iu's each), plus a multi-vitamin containing both every day I still had an additional 4.5% bone loss since the last scan.

The doctor indicated that my body may not be able to absorb these substances properly. She said a blood ...
Read more : Osteopenia | Views : 2220 | Replies : 8

Depression and MS

I am sure depression has been a topic of discussion many times before on this board. But, with the dark cold months on winter fast approaching I wonder how many of us with MS face special challenges? I know I seem to be effected more by depression in the winter. How do others deal with this? Meds? Run off to warm sunny places for mid winter vacations? Although I have read it time and time ...
Read more : Depression and MS | Views : 1943 | Replies : 7

MS and gender

Hopefully some of the research presented at the conference will get published in the near future.

Environment may cause increase in Multiple Sclerosis among women only - 18 November 2008

Gender has become a dominant factor in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) during the last decades. Already with a ratio of 3.2 to 1 MS is gradually changing into a disease predominantly among women. Since genetic factors can be ruled out as a cause of this ...
Read more : MS and gender | Views : 1820 | Replies : 4

Dishydrotic eczema...anyone?

Hi
just developed dishydrotic eczema.
By chance, anyone else had it?
It's also called pomphylox, or housewives eczema.
Probably more related to all the other allergies I have, but just interested to know if any other MS'ers, or Copaxoners have it?
Read more : Dishydrotic eczema...anyone? | Views : 3824 | Replies : 6

Does the FDA hinder progress?

There are two sides to this discussion, (I suppose it wouldn't be much of a discussion if there weren't), demonstrated by the comments at the bottom of the page:

short URL
Read more : Does the FDA hinder progress? | Views : 1786 | Replies : 5

A pill with a chip?

I wasn't sure where to post this, perhaps if we had an "Unnatural Aproach" forum or maybe the humor forum would also be good except I think these people are serious (which makes it not so funny).

Feeling sick? Take a pill with a chip.
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-248995.html

Suffering from a queasy stomach? Philips has come up with a high-tech pill that will make sure the right dose of drugs is ...
Read more : A pill with a chip? | Views : 1498 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242824 • Total topics 26648 • Total members 17820

Contact us | Terms of Service