It is currently Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:11 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Disclosure

I am new to the board and MS (diagnosed 11/16/06 within 2wks of my 1st symptom), my question is who do you tell you have MS and when. I have made some logical judgement calls (Immediate family.In-laws, anyone who may have to take care of my son (2 1/2) - Daycare, emergency pick up people, all of my physicians), but am unsure from there. A cousin of mine has MS. He is a second cousin ...
Read more : Disclosure | Views : 1456 | Replies : 8

arrggh HELP!

So, a little background. I am a 27 yr old Male who started taking Avonex last year, I had one very severe attack in August 05 after critical lung surgery (do not smoke people, haha) where i was left without use to the left side of my body. But since then I have been a picture of health. For certain people's comfort of mind, since I got diagnosed I have met the most beautiful woman ...
Read more : arrggh HELP! | Views : 1103 | Replies : 2

New treatments unlikely in the UK

Well, whatever anyone thinks about the so-called "free" health service in the UK, it seems unlikely that anybody using the UK NHS will receive any of the new treatments in the offing because they will all be too expensive according to my neurologist. Great. I went in to see him yesterday and we discussed Tysabri which will definitely not be bought in England since Scotland can't afford it and they're the spendthrifts in our crazy ...
Read more : New treatments unlikely in the UK | Views : 1556 | Replies : 9

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 1161 | Replies : 0

Please help me with my symptoms

Two years ago (I was 28 ), I "think" I hurt my back lifting weights and got a sharp pain in my hand, followed by numbness of two smaller digits and then tingling in hand and arm. Tingling lasted about 4 months, but went away. Soon after I started having severe earaches and went to the doctors many times thinking I had an ear infection. They saw nothing and said it could be TMJ.

A ...
Read more : Please help me with my symptoms | Views : 3541 | Replies : 15

# of MS cases

Curiosity question: Why does the NIH state 150,000 cases and the NMSS 400,000? Anyone know?
Read more : # of MS cases | Views : 1649 | Replies : 9

MS and Breast Implants

Has anyone here have Breast Implants.. I was diagnosed with MS and Am trying to figure out if possible What and Why. I am praying that I didnt do this to myself. I can remeber back when I was about 30-31 I was breaking out in sweats at night and having heart palipations, But I was working out really hard back then. I went to the Doctor but the werent sure what it was. I ...
Read more : MS and Breast Implants | Views : 2951 | Replies : 6

CFS

Here's an interesting article about CFS - the experts now say that there is neuro-inflammation, EBV (which causes glandular fever / mono) is the prime suspect, trials are planned (i) using an anti-viral and (ii) using betaferon.

Ian

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 61,00.html
Read more : CFS | Views : 1437 | Replies : 5

Confused...

Here's something that I find particularly confusing. Why isn't MS or any other autoimmune disease listed as an exclusion for donating blood under the Red Cross' Eligibility Guidelines ??? This confuses me because adoptive transfer has been a standard technique in MS research for some time. Take for example the myelin reactive T-cells (MRTCs) that have received so much discussion due to Opexa's Tovaxin therapy under development. The MRTCs (assuming they're not rendered division incompetent ...
Read more : Confused... | Views : 1092 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223326 • Total topics 23216 • Total members 14692

Contact us | Terms of Service