It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:37 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Anyone had >2 month relapse?

I have had wicked vertigo and balance issues for about 2 months now. I thought relapse at first, but after IV steroids and time has passed I am still really screwed up. I can hardly walk a straight line and I am SOOO DIZZY. I fear that this is a general worsening. I have not really heard of people having this type of ordeal last so long as a relapse. I have not really heard ...
Read more : Anyone had >2 month relapse? | Views : 3247 | Replies : 12

Seasonal MS attacks

Hiya

I have had one MS attack every year since the condition first appeared six years ago. And it always happens in spring (except one summer when a lumbar puncture brought a huge attack on.)

I know that some conditions can be seasonal. Autumn, for example, is a bad time for men with heart conditions owing to the changes in hormones that are experienced when the weather changes (or so I read once).

Does anyone ...
Read more : Seasonal MS attacks | Views : 2255 | Replies : 10

Fruit juices and drug absorbtion

How do you feel about that? Will it have an impact your diet?
--Frank

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 160050.htm
Read more : Fruit juices and drug absorbtion | Views : 1877 | Replies : 3

In your own words, describe a "Relapse"

Thanks in advance to everyone that reponds here.

Trying to get a better understanding of how to tell if you have a relapse or flare up and what is the difference in your opinion.

Thank you so much.... :wink:
Read more : In your own words, describe a "Relapse" | Views : 2346 | Replies : 7

How can you tell when it's MS or the Meds you are taking???

Help...Please

I have MS. Recently diagnosed in Feb 2008 after an incident in Jan 2008. I was orginally placed on Betaseron which I toughed out for a few months but could not deal with how sick it made me. I was also on Baclofen and Provigel. As of July I started Copaxone and I stopped the Provegil and Baclofen ( both didn't really do alot for me and I was sick of taking them just ...
Read more : How can you tell when it's MS or the Meds you are taking??? | Views : 2202 | Replies : 10

My vascular (?) problems - related to MS?

Hi to all,

first of all, I have my MS diagnosis since 2004, had about 15 relapses since then, remission incomplete.

I've been reading about MS as a vascular disease and want to ask you something. This year I have noticed some strange blood spots emerging spontaneously under the skin. They are not bruises, I have not hit myself with anything. They come and go, sometimes here, sometimes there - randomly.

Some pictures:
Image ...
Read more : My vascular (?) problems - related to MS? | Views : 10312 | Replies : 16

Not specific to MS

Read more : Not specific to MS | Views : 1910 | Replies : 6

EBV and B-cells

Another interesting story can be found on http://www.msrc.co.uk/ it tells that FTY720 seems to have anti-viral potential - at least in low doses.
Again there may be questions raised regarding an infectious cause of MS...

Just a thought, could it be that immune-system-rebooting (Campath / HDC) acts through killing the infected host-cells of EBV (B-cells) and thereby eliminating the EBV infection, and thus maybe the primary dissease cause?
In ...
Read more : EBV and B-cells | Views : 1767 | Replies : 3

Uninsured and Unsure

Suggestions
Read more : Uninsured and Unsure | Views : 2126 | Replies : 13

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240192 • Total topics 26243 • Total members 17483

Contact us | Terms of Service