It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:12 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

I need to Vent -- Off subject

Ok, I need to vent a little. I just read this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15345694/

My comment is... How can these people be so narrow sighted? I say How dare them have the nerve to publicly come out and express their anger that some more body parts have been discovered. Do they think that they are the only people in NYC or America? Do they realize that there are people dying from lung disorders because they helped ...
Read more : I need to Vent -- Off subject | Views : 1334 | Replies : 12

Wavy Lines In Vision

Hello,

I have a question for you. I was making lunch today and noticed a squiggly wavy line on the side of my field of vision that was kind of shimmery. Then it spread to both my eyes on the same side of my vision field. It got a little bit bigger and then stopped and went away.
The whole think lasted probably about ten minutes. It was enough to freak me out. Has anyone ...
Read more : Wavy Lines In Vision | Views : 1572 | Replies : 3

Neuroscience Research "News"

The Society for Neuroscience just completed their conference. There are some interesting news releases and other research tidbits.

I’ve been waiting to see more gender/brain research (might be applicable to MS) and it looks like it’s happening.

Research in Gender and Brain Suggest Differences at Cell Level
McCarthy and her team have also recently found that sex hormones induce differentiation of glial cells in the developing brain, resulting in differences in the glial ...
Read more : Neuroscience Research "News" | Views : 1875 | Replies : 5

"Factor isolated that regenerates nerve fibers"

Turning my attention these days to neuro recovery, I found something that could hold alot of promise:

http://tinyurl.com/yewysk

Cypriane~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for husband with SPMS: On Wheldon Combined Antibiotic Protocol since August 21, 2006
Read more : "Factor isolated that regenerates nerve fibers" | Views : 1168 | Replies : 3

Sandoz biopharmaceuticals

Sandoz wades deeper into generic biopharmaceuticals

By Kirsty Barnes

16/10/2006 - As it looks to the "future of pharmaceuticals," Sandoz is planning a "powerful biopharmaceuticals programme" with the construction of a new biopharmaceuticals development centre in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

The new €6.7m facility will develop and manufacture generic biopharmaceuticals for Novartis-owned Sandoz's global markets, through its Slovenian generic drug making subsidy, Lek.
“By building this structure we are taking a major step into biopharmaceuticals – the ...
Read more : Sandoz biopharmaceuticals | Views : 912 | Replies : 0

Interferons inducing preexisting autoimmune dz

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 9/02...have been on Betaseron (stopped working) then Copaxone and now Rebif....after 3 months of Rebif now I apparently have some sort of arthritis (still getting workup to see what) My rheumatologist says that the interferons can induce autoimmune processes...he didn't say that I shouldn't take them....guess it's just one of the risks.....just didn't really realize it. I had a history of a type of arthritis that was probably similar ...
Read more : Interferons inducing preexisting autoimmune dz | Views : 1753 | Replies : 9

B-cell research

A piece of research after Bromley's heart...

Cause of nerve fiber damage in multiple sclerosis identified

UC Irvine -- Researchers have identified how the body's own immune system contributes to the nerve fiber damage caused by multiple sclerosis, a finding that can potentially aid earlier diagnosis and improved treatment for this chronic disease.

The study reveals how immune system B-cells damage axons during MS attacks by inhibiting energy production in these nerve fiber cells, ultimately ...
Read more : B-cell research | Views : 3007 | Replies : 14

Stuck Sticky

Hi Arron, Thanks for all the hard work. As one who frequents the Antibiotics forum, I have a suggestion. The Minocycline "Sticky" appears dead and rather out of touch with the currently predominant subject matter of that forum which is combined antibiotic protocols, namely the Wheldon and Vanderbilt protocols. How about a new (or additional) "Sticky" for the Antibiotics forum regarding these CAPs?

Cypriane~caregiver and advocate for husband with SPMS
Read more : Stuck Sticky | Views : 963 | Replies : 0

NIO

I think this is sounds very promising

October 13, 2006
Neurotechnology Industry Organization Launched to Advance Treatments for Brain and Nervous System Illnesses
Posted by Zack Lynch

Neurotechnology Industry Organization Launched to Advance Treatments for Brain and Nervous System Illnesses

New Global Trade Association to Advocate for the Brain Industry

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – (BUSINESS WIRE)– More than 20 leading pharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic companies, along with major academic brain research centers and patient ...
Read more : NIO | Views : 722 | Replies : 0

Everyone should read this link...

In case you haven't seen this link that Robbie posted. Everyone should. Its a great read, and very important for people to read. Spread it around.

http://www.newstarget.com/020345.html
Read more : Everyone should read this link... | Views : 7144 | Replies : 70

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220059 • Total topics 22752 • Total members 14360

Contact us | Terms of Service