It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

European Neurological Society Meeting

The European Neurological Society is in the midst of their annual meeting and it looks like there are numerous presentations on a variety of MS topics.

This is a link to the meeting. And here's a link to search the scientific programme . I just couldn't get a decent link to all the MS abstracts. :roll:

Sharon
Read more : European Neurological Society Meeting | Views : 1703 | Replies : 1

lets move South

Hi All,
If Northern latitudes contribute to MS and Equatorial climes have virtually no MS, what happens when someone with MS moves South? There must be research dealing with this question. My question is a bit self serving, I just spent 10 days near Belize, it was very hot and humid and I have not felt better in 2 years. I literally had a pre-MS life for 10 days. I'm back and so are my ...
Read more : lets move South | Views : 7047 | Replies : 48

Sonic hedgehoc, (No really!),wakes up stem cells

I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, but I find this story remarkably encouraging: the whole concept of triggering our brains' own repair mechanisms overcomes so many of the hurdles facing other therapies that it sounds like a dream come true…
Public release date: 6-Jun-2008

pjacobs12@comcast.net
617-864-2712
Schepens Eye ...
Read more : Sonic hedgehoc, (No really!),wakes up stem cells | Views : 1784 | Replies : 8

How do you tell your co-workers? Or do you?

Hello, I am new here. Diagnoised Feb, 07. Definately not enjoying this monster. I have went from extremely active to having a hard time walking. I am really struggling with telling people about this disease. I work with mostly men and I dont want them to treat me like I am sick, however it is becoming noticeable. Does any one have advise?
Read more : How do you tell your co-workers? Or do you? | Views : 4625 | Replies : 31

Concussion / brain injury update

Well it has been about a month and a half since I took a header off the stairs and ended up in the ER with a brain injury / concussion. Time for an update. Most of the major headaches and vertigo have calmed down. What I have left is serious equilibrium / balance problems and I have not regained my sense of smell. My ON seems to be worse now as well. Prognosis is unknown ...
Read more : Concussion / brain injury update | Views : 1513 | Replies : 3

i'm back (just a warning to you all)...

hey everyone hope this finds everyone doing okay out there...its been awhile since i have been on here..been working thru some things so havent been on..could have used the support but when you can get to the computer what can i do..anyways update...i have had problems with my right side even more now and have another mri scheduled for next week..yippy there..have a problem with dizziness to the point layed me out at work to ...
Read more : i'm back (just a warning to you all)... | Views : 1962 | Replies : 10

FDA has changed its tune on amalgam fillings

Mercury fillings may harm some- like immunocompromised individuals...

"We do believe that the agency will ask for the label to indicate that mercury is an ingredient in the filling, and that special populations should be exempt from such fillings, such as: nursing women, pregnant women, young children, and immunocompromised individuals,"

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... dChannel=0

very interesting change of policy. Still haven't had Jeff's 13 amalgam fillings removed..looking for a local ...
Read more : FDA has changed its tune on amalgam fillings | Views : 2432 | Replies : 11

Bit miffed today??

Bit miffed today i had a letter off urology with a date for Urodynamics testing.. but i was told by my nurse and Neuro that it would be pointless due to having no urine output at all.... how would they measure my flow? Also a chart came with it asking me to write down how much i void at how many times a day for a week???? i do not void at all??? :dunno: :wtf: ...
Read more : Bit miffed today?? | Views : 2851 | Replies : 17

Accupuncture?

Has anyone tried accupuncture for symptom relief?, like leg pain, spasticity etc.?
Did it work for ya?
Do you have links to documentaion either way?

There's such a wealth of experience on this site..Thanks in advance.
Colleen
Read more : Accupuncture? | Views : 7390 | Replies : 44

Suggestions needed for too much Pain

Hello All,

I am the son of a woman who has a very severe case of MS. She is practically immobile, has no balance, and struggles with almost every physical aspect of her day. But, like many other people with MS she has one of the best attitudes and is a joy to be around (her strength amazes me everyday). For years she has had a burning nerve pain in her right shoulder that comes ...
Read more : Suggestions needed for too much Pain | Views : 1930 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238578 • Total topics 25986 • Total members 17250

Contact us | Terms of Service