It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:18 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Lipoic Acid

Somewhat promising link regarding Lipoic Acid:

Lipoic acid stimulates cAMP production in T lymphocytes and NK cells.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Mar 2;354(1):259-64.
Read more : Lipoic Acid | Views : 1506 | Replies : 6

informing the DVLA for those in the UK

Here's a question for people from the UK,
Having to update a paper License, we find there is a clause where you have to mention if you have an illness which could progress to your inability to drive. How many people have let the DVLA know they are ill, is the information safe from anyone besides them finding out, and does telling them mean you have to have a driving test again?
Thanks for any ...
Read more : informing the DVLA for those in the UK | Views : 1343 | Replies : 4

negative oligoclonal bands

hi folks,

when i went through my diagnostics with my neuros (there was more then one), my CSF was negative for the oligoclonal bands...i have since read articles stating that around 10-15% of people positive for MS have this result with their CSF studies...i don't know if this is an old topic or not, but i was just wondering if anyone else also had a negative CSF...and, if so, if anyone has any info on ...
Read more : negative oligoclonal bands | Views : 3445 | Replies : 21

rHIgM22 immunglobuline to build new myelin

I wanted to share that interesting article i just came across:

<shortened url>

Greets

--Frank
Read more : rHIgM22 immunglobuline to build new myelin | Views : 7407 | Replies : 21

Clotting disorders and MS

Hi
I have been sent for tests to find out why I keep having miscarriages. I know Hughes syndrome is a nice outcome to get if you've MS, but sadly I have tested negative for Hughes, and thankfully, negative for Lupus.
But I have been told today I have another clotting disorder, but I'll find out which one on tues (dontcha love the medical profession!)
My head is in a whirl... ...
Read more : Clotting disorders and MS | Views : 1545 | Replies : 8

Inosine & ms

URLPubmed

I take Inosine, and think it helps, but have to buy it from the U.S.,(expensive). Anyone found it in the U.K.? "RhosT" on 'ms news' points out that it is also commonly used as an anti-herpes drug, and HHV often crops up in relation to MS.

Dom.
Read more : Inosine & ms | Views : 1898 | Replies : 7

Minocycline & BBB effects

This may be old news to some, but its new to me. I had thought mino only worked due to its ant-inflamatory properties, but it also appears to reduce the BBB disruptions.

Minocycline Improves Neurological Outcome and Reduces BBB Disruption, Hemorrhage, and Perivascular Microglial Accumulation In Vivo
http://stroke.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/37/4/1087

A second agent that acts at the BBB is minocycline. Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are produced during inflammation and contribute to the degradation of the basement membrane. This step ...
Read more : Minocycline & BBB effects | Views : 960 | Replies : 1

Prolactin

Just saw on the Canadian Global TV News network this evening an article about Prolactin and its apparent effect on pregnant MS patients.

These women produce Prolactin during pregnancy and they discovered that Prolactin rebuilds myelin in the brain lesions of the poor MS mouse. The researchers are likely going to spend two more years testing this on other animals and then depending what they discover, try it on humans.

Here is the link.

<shortened ...
Read more : Prolactin | Views : 2870 | Replies : 19

ABC News Primetime Interview

Hello all. I posted my intro in that forum but also wanted to post here to spread the word.

ABC News Primetime interviewed me for my story in fighting MS. It is hosted by Jay Schadler and should air sometime in the next couple months. The special is titled: Chronic Lyme Disease as it Pertains to ALS and MS. Two other patients were interviewed to my knowledge and one was Amy Tan (Author Joy Luck ...
Read more : ABC News Primetime Interview | Views : 1858 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224435 • Total topics 23437 • Total members 14848

Contact us | Terms of Service