It is currently Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:38 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

LOOKING FOR USED THERACYCLE

I am looking for a used theracycle.

Will pay to have it shipped to NH.

doglover
Read more : LOOKING FOR USED THERACYCLE | Views : 6366 | Replies : 10

Sinusitus and MS

Hi All,
For the first time, I saw a post on a different thread from Lyndacarol considering a link between MS and Sinusitis. I was very interested as I have, like all of you, tried to find my own personal connection. Due to a facial accident years ago, I have gone through numerous surgeries and procedures to repair a completely screwed up sinus system. When I get MRI's my tech always tells me that the ...
Read more : Sinusitus and MS | Views : 5750 | Replies : 23

Loobie family picture!

Well I finally got a digital camera. I tried to download an avatar of my family picture, but it's obviously too big. I couldn't find that old pictures thread with everyone's picture in it. If someone could provide a link to that thread, I want to save this picture there, but I'm just so excited to be "in the 90's' with a filmless camera, I just had to post this!C:\Documents and Settings\LEWIS.OFFICE\My Documents\My Pictures\PICT0014.JPG
Read more : Loobie family picture! | Views : 1934 | Replies : 8

Spinal cord research

Not MS, but relates to scarring so could be relevant in the future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7240898.stm
Read more : Spinal cord research | Views : 1720 | Replies : 2

this is about calcium and fatigue for heart patients, but...

It's an interesting idea for some MS people I imagine. My husband is certainly fatigued!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7238396.stm
Read more : this is about calcium and fatigue for heart patients, but... | Views : 1529 | Replies : 0

Montel Williams news

...sad news when anyone has setback from this disease

TOL

MONTEL QUIT BECAUSE OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS

Print article Print article
Refer this article Refer to a friend
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2008-02-13 23:21:27 -

LATEST: Talk show host MONTEL WILLIAMS has quit his long-running U.S. TV programme because the multiple sclerosis he suffers from is beginning to take a grip.
The star ...
Read more : Montel Williams news | Views : 3778 | Replies : 3

Genetic susceptibility / environmental triggers

Note of seminar hosted by the Acclerated Cure Project.

http://www.acceleratedcure.org:8080/node/3118
Read more : Genetic susceptibility / environmental triggers | Views : 1452 | Replies : 0

endogenous retrovirus and herpesvirus

More interesting evidence for multiple viruses / retroviruses at work in the MS disease process.

Synergistic immune responses induced by endogenous retrovirus and herpesvirus antigens result in increased production of inflammatory cytokines in multiple sclerosis patients.

Scand J Immunol. 2008 Mar;67(3):295-303.
Brudek T, Christensen T, Hansen HJ, Petersen T, Møller-Larsen A.
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark. tb@microbiology.au.dk

Human endogenous retroviruses (HERV) and herpesviruses are ...
Read more : endogenous retrovirus and herpesvirus | Views : 1991 | Replies : 6

Environmental factors

Doesn't say what they are in the abstract! The Australia case would seem to point to Vit D as one of the environmental factors. But the increase in MS in woman is another puzzle. But the researchers appear to be making some headway.

Environmental factors and multiple sclerosis 12 February 2008
Abstract

Studies in Canada have provided strong evidence that environmental factors act at a population level to influence the unusual geographical distribution of multiple ...
Read more : Environmental factors | Views : 1418 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233403 • Total topics 25042 • Total members 16202

Contact us | Terms of Service