It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Interesting snippet

An MS research conference is currently underway. Here is a snippet - which seems interesting. Hopefully, there will be more info once the conference has finished.

Collaboration in action

Concomitantly, the first ever Tykeson Fellows Conference is bringing 106 MS scientists together to advance collaborations and cross fertilization in their ongoing work to create a world free of MS.

The Society currently sponsors 70 postdoctoral fellowships at a cost of $3.2 million. These fellowship funds ...
Read more : Interesting snippet | Views : 1173 | Replies : 0

What changes will we see for MS with new president?

Any one else expect we will see some changes as far as research and funding? Especially since I've heard Obama's father-in-law has MS.
Read more : What changes will we see for MS with new president? | Views : 2210 | Replies : 8

Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) is an anticonvulsant primarily used in the treatment of seizure disorders. Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) is a member of a class of drug known as benzodiazepines. This drug may also be used as an antianxiety, for the short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety. Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) may also be used to treat movement disorders ( e.g., Touette's Syndrome), panic disorder, drug-induced mania, to help resistant depression, nocturnal myoclonus, relieve ...
Read more : Clonazepam | Views : 4642 | Replies : 22

epstein barr and the vasculature

1: Clin Exp Immunol. 2008 Mar;151(3):519-27. Epub 2008 Jan 8. Links
Adhesion of Epstein-Barr virus-positive natural killer cell lines to cultured endothelial cells stimulated with inflammatory cytokines.Kanno H, Watabe D, Shimizu N, Sawai T.
Department of Pathology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka, Japan.

Chronic active Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection (CAEBV) is characterized by chronic recurrent infectious mononucleosis-like symptoms. Approximately one-fourth of CAEBV patients develop vascular lesions with ...
Read more : epstein barr and the vasculature | Views : 1448 | Replies : 0

Research matters

Something for our US friends to read after you have voted.

PS Lyon - all you have to do is put a cross next to the name of the man you want to be your next President. They couldn't make it easier for you.
Read more : Research matters | Views : 1712 | Replies : 5

Quit my job - new departure for me

I was on Mat leave from an excellent job. Great boss, state pension, loved my colleagues, own office.....but a long commute from home. 8 month old son, and before I even got pregnant was hanging onto my job by the skin of my teeth. I had no life to speak of, just work, eat, sleep. I had a fulltime creche place booked for my son for Jan but I started examing how I felt about ...
Read more : Quit my job - new departure for me | Views : 2055 | Replies : 6

I got a JOB!!

Tomorrow is my last day on my current assignment. I have been really bummed about it. I got a call today from the company I have been contracting with and the offered me a new position and the best part is I will be working from home. YEAH!!!

I have to go to Raleigh NC for 3 weeks training for the new position. BOO!! (leaving Sunday) But i need the job and the benefits so ...
Read more : I got a JOB!! | Views : 2676 | Replies : 18

Zonulin, BBB, Coeliac disease and MS....

As a coeliac MS'er I noticed the following interesting story in this weeks' paper: ... 07758.html

Tracked down this older article too that mentions MS, BBB permeability and zonulin ... 804100.php

Any of you brianiac MS'er out there can tie this in to the recent discussions about vascular health or the like? :wink:
Read more : Zonulin, BBB, Coeliac disease and MS.... | Views : 5872 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Total posts 242498 • Total topics 26590 • Total members 17763

Contact us | Terms of Service