It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

May be some disruption for the next few hours

Hi all,

The server is getting some attention and may be sporadically non-cooperative over the next few hours. Should be OK... but let me know if anything comes up that you don't quite appreciate! lol.

Read more : May be some disruption for the next few hours | Views : 1578 | Replies : 3

Disappointing Results for Beta Interferon

Disappointing Results For Beta Interferon, UK
05 Aug 2007

Authors of an article published in this week's edition of The Lancet medical journal claim a recent study has shown that early treatment with beta interferon reduced the risk for progression of disability by 40%.

Dr Lee Dunster, Head of Research and Information at the MS Society, said: "MS is a long term condition and disability prevention is an important consideration when evaluating potential therapies.

"This ...
Read more : Disappointing Results for Beta Interferon | Views : 1166 | Replies : 0

Not related but...

I wander if this breaktrough in heart disease and stem cells will be applicable in treating MS degeneration in the future? ... 07,00.html

Read more : Not related but... | Views : 1208 | Replies : 1

Oh God, help, please!

I am getting married in 7 days, and yesterday I developed a sore throat which today has spread to my lungs. I'm pretty certain it's flu virus.

Everytime I get the flu, I am bed-ridden for days. I am devastated :(

Nothing is open, I don't know where to call. I want to know if I can take antivirals while taking Rebif. I've scoured the net - ...
Read more : Oh God, help, please! | Views : 1958 | Replies : 6

Research on a stem cell alternative

Interesting stuff...

Toward An Alternative To Stem Cells For Treating Chronic Brain Diseases

Science Daily — With ethical issues concerning use of discarded embryos and technical problems hindering development of stem cell therapies, scientists in Korea are reporting the first successful use of a drug-like molecule to transform human muscle cells into nerve cells. This advance could lead to new treatments for stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other neurological disorders.

In the study, Injae ...
Read more : Research on a stem cell alternative | Views : 1084 | Replies : 0

What's your experience with cooling vests, etc.?

My heat intolerance is increasing and starting to become a problem if I need to go outside on hot days for any length of time. Someone just asked me what I knew about cooling vests and other cooling products, and I have to admit I know very little. I don't even know anyone who uses any (well, I might know them, but I don't know that they use them ...
Read more : What's your experience with cooling vests, etc.? | Views : 2288 | Replies : 8

NA channel blockers: the risks.

Although NA channel blockers seem to have beneficial effects, there are a couple of cautions here: first, withdrawal seems to cause serious complications. However they don't mention how sudden the withdrawal was, so maybe it will be a case of simply not stopping them quickly, as with several other drugs. Second, the sentence, " the effect of sodium channel blockers on immune cells", makes me wonder what that effect was.
Hopefully, this just amounts to ...
Read more : NA channel blockers: the risks. | Views : 1349 | Replies : 0

A noble prize and the pharmas

In an Interview in “La Vanguardia” a daily newspaper in Barcelona, the awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine 1993 for his discovery of split genes Dr. Richard J. Roberts a Research Director at New England Biolabs, Beverly, Massachusetts, said “the big pharmas are not interested in find a cure they are just interested in money” so their interests are in medications for all your live (don't forget the side effects). “The pharmas left the antibiotic ...
Read more : A noble prize and the pharmas | Views : 1818 | Replies : 8

I have long term problem with feeling nervous, I feel like I should write a very difficult test at school. The nerovusness includes also stomach problem and so on. Does it belong to MS symptoms? It does not matter If I am on Anti-Depresive cure or not, this feeling persists. I can´t stay on one place, and still I have to do anything with my hands. I do not know many people with MS, who ...
Read more : Nervousness | Views : 1513 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228529 • Total topics 24177 • Total members 15465

Contact us | Terms of Service