It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

New day New surprise.

Another new symptom today. Lump in the throat. I'll head downstairs in a minute to take mag. I wanted to read here first. I've been careless about taking the supplements lately.
I've added quite a few new symptoms in the last few months. Double vision (gone for now), itchy-pin-pricks, butt cramps (not nice to wake up to, but gone for now), and now the lump in my throat. When you add these to the issues ...
Read more : New day New surprise. | Views : 3038 | Replies : 21

moving

We are moving house at the end of this month as I can no longer cope where we are - we live in a 4th floor flat and I have to climb 4-5 (depending on the entrance) flights of stairs to get to my own front door. It just exhausts me and is dangerous. We have found a nice little place just down the road form here to go to. It is going to cost ...
Read more : moving | Views : 4236 | Replies : 27

Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs

Well I tried the Magnesium....its been about a week now I think...but I do notice a difference. The turning point was last night I thought..."I'm not hurting as bad, I'm not so stiff," and I think it's the Mag because I stopped the Zanaflex after a few doses.
Sure I feel tired at the end of the day and all if it is not totally gone but I do feel some relief.....its not as bad ...
Read more : Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs | Views : 1560 | Replies : 2

"Extreme makeover " for cells

This looks like an exciting breakthrough and a promising new path for regenerative medicine to go down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01829.html
Read more : "Extreme makeover " for cells | Views : 1447 | Replies : 1

activity level and symptoms? tell me more

My question for today is: Talk to me about how activity level and types of activities affect your symptoms? I've seen mention of this in some other threads; it hasn't shown up much in my 'general MS' reading I've done elsewhere except as a vague "rest is helpful" kind of thing.

What ...
Read more : activity level and symptoms? tell me more | Views : 2355 | Replies : 7

Raised ALT levels with Rebif.

Hello all.

I was diagnosed with RRMS ten years ago and have been injecting myself with Rebif 44 for eight of those years. I have just recently had a blood test taken to moniter my liver and have been told by my M/S nurse that i have a level of 171 and that i should have another blood test. Is this considered high?

Thanks for your help.
Read more : Raised ALT levels with Rebif. | Views : 2634 | Replies : 2

IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE

I think this could be a posible explanation about different causes in EM.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18573909

Rita
Read more : IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE | Views : 1466 | Replies : 0

Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels

Small studies in MS have also shown that MS Patients have a testosteron level in the lower normal bound. Increasing testosteron levels to normal high levels showed some promising effects.
As some see a link between insulin and MS this might be interesting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 163927.htm

--Frank
Read more : Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels | Views : 1636 | Replies : 1

Dramtic decrease in EDSS with Liver Transplant ? Why ?

Was reading a couple of articles ( see below ) and I just cant get my head around these things

Just wondering if anybody else has an opinion on why a liver transplant can result in Huge decrease in EDSS and solid disease stablization ?

The articles don't really even speculate why ?

see these two articles

Abstract:

The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences
Issue: Volume 31, Number 4 / November 2004
Pages: 539 - ...
Read more : Dramtic decrease in EDSS with Liver Transplant ? Why ? | Views : 8845 | Replies : 60

Amantadine

I got a script for amantadine for fatigue and started taking 100mg in the morning and at night. I haven't noticed any changes yet. Has anyone else taken this and does it work?

Marcia
Read more : Amantadine | Views : 3485 | Replies : 18

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240923 • Total topics 26347 • Total members 17546

Contact us | Terms of Service