It is currently Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:42 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Myelin repair?

This should open a can of worms. What are thought to be the best ways to promote myelin repair?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Myelin repair? | Views : 5951 | Replies : 41

Anyone heard of esperanza homeopathic neuropeptide?

I've just received my magazine from the New Pathways publishers which is for MSers and they have included an article about the esperanza neuropeptide sublingual spray which costs a staggering £5,450. Does anyone know anything about this stuff? It looks a bit snake oily to me but just wondering if anyone had heard anything good about it.
Read more : Anyone heard of esperanza homeopathic neuropeptide? | Views : 2533 | Replies : 5

Chronic helminth infections induce immunomodulation:

By now everyone is probably aware of my long fascination and obsession with the (strong) possibility that the loss of "evolutionary normal" conditions (Hygiene Hypothesis) in the "developed" populations led to those same populations having a primary predisposition to allergy, asthma and autoimmune disease.

Although most of her early work was specific to allergies and asthma, Maria Yazdanbakhsh of Leiden University is an eminent pioneer in this infant field of research.
Bob

Immunobiology. 2007;212(6):475-90. Epub ...
Read more : Chronic helminth infections induce immunomodulation: | Views : 1781 | Replies : 7

Glutathione - Role in MS

Can some body please explain the role of Glutathione in MS and what should be taken or done to rectify any problems?

Thanks, I'm normally really good at researching, but I'm absolutely shattered this week!

Abe
Read more : Glutathione - Role in MS | Views : 7139 | Replies : 5

twitch, tremor, shake and flicker

HEllo to all you out there in the forum.

I have posted some pretty heavy stuff in the past. Possibly this one is less depressing, but somehow I doubt it. Lately I have started having a lot of bizarre symptoms. I get these twitches and tremors that are almost a constant. When I try to flex or contract my muscles I shake pretty badly. I also feel like my whole body, vision, balance, etc is ...
Read more : twitch, tremor, shake and flicker | Views : 2196 | Replies : 12

Nanomedicine to regenerate nerve cells

This doesn't involve stem cells and looks like it could be an interesting alternative...further research required, as always.

Nanomedicine opens the way for nerve cell regeneration

Eurekalert - The ability to regenerate nerve cells in the body could reduce the effects of trauma and disease in a dramatic way. In two presentations at the NSTI Nanotech 2007 Conference, researchers describe the use of nanotechnology to enhance the regeneration of nerve cells. In the first method, ...
Read more : Nanomedicine to regenerate nerve cells | Views : 1082 | Replies : 0

Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams

Here is an interesting article on Acorda:

Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams

By JULIE MORAN ALTERIO
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original Publication: June 4, 2007)

For most people, walking is as simple as breathing. You simply look where you want to go and your muscles and nerves seamlessly do the rest.

But what if along the way, some of the signals from your brain to your muscles were lost? Walking would become much harder.

That's ...
Read more : Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams | Views : 1546 | Replies : 5

Colds?

Hi all,

I know there have been posts about colds preceding an attack. While I haven't had that happen at this point, what I have found is that colds hit me much harder then they used to. Has anyone else noticed this?

thanks,

TOL
Read more : Colds? | Views : 1052 | Replies : 1

Herniated discs causing my walking problems

Hello,

It has been a while since I logged on. I recently asked a friend of mine who is a radiologist if he can do an MRI of my spine. My back pain was too much to handle. He did one and found that I have three herniated discs and one is a thoracic herniated disc.

My neurologists were quite surprised. I have been doing brain MRIs for the longest time and no spine MRIs. ...
Read more : Herniated discs causing my walking problems | Views : 3389 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227139 • Total topics 23950 • Total members 15296

Contact us | Terms of Service