It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:29 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Could it be?

MacKintosh wrote:In different people, it manifests differently. Sometimes it gets into the brain and becomes MS, sometimes the joints and becomes rheumatoid arthritis, sometimes chronic fatigue syndrome, high blood pressure, etc.

If this is true then all the other research and drugs are just a mistake. All the people that are trying these drugs must really wonder if they are doing the right thing. For someone just starting out they have the neurologist telling them ...
Read more : Could it be? | Views : 1683 | Replies : 11

When might Campath be available?

Anybody have a theory re: when the drug will get out of trials, roughly?

Thanks to all.
Read more : When might Campath be available? | Views : 1498 | Replies : 6

Minocycline + interferon?

Anyone have any thoughts on the (theoretical) cumulative efficacy of combining minocycline and interferon? I found one study suggesting that the combination increases efficacy in EAE, but EAE is such a poor model of MS.

I'm particularly cautious given the recent study showing that combining statins with interferon significantly reduced the efficacy of both medications, with fairly poor results. On the other hand, I'd like to add minocycline, given that I think it probably offers ...
Read more : Minocycline + interferon? | Views : 1670 | Replies : 8

Nanotechnology and spinal cord repair

I found the link to this article on "ms news" submitted by art. I very much like the fact that it contains plenty of healthy caution, even though the subject matter could be very exciting indeed. Nanotechnology has already cropped up once or twice with regard to MS, and this approach of combining it with standard medicine seems to hold promise.
The subject of scar tissue is one which is very important to me since ...
Read more : Nanotechnology and spinal cord repair | Views : 957 | Replies : 0

Probiotic and regulatory T-cells

This isn't directly about MS, but discovering that certain probiotics can influence the number of regulatory T-cells is a new twist, especially when you consider how often digestive dysregulation crops up with regard to auto-immune disease:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php
Public release date: 21-May-2007

Adriane.Hirsch-Klein@mslpr.com
212-468-4122
Manning ...
Read more : Probiotic and regulatory T-cells | Views : 1365 | Replies : 1

Tracking a B-cell enzyme in living mice

Hello everyone,
We've talked before about where and how B cells mature from "naive" cells to "memory" cells, and how that process might be responsible for autoimmunity. During an infection, B cells migrate to the so-called Germinal centres where they divide rapidly. The enzyme AID causes random mutations at this point, presumably in the hope that this scattergun approach will stumble across the best defence. Unfortunately, any one of these random cells could have an ...
Read more : Tracking a B-cell enzyme in living mice | Views : 1093 | Replies : 0

2nd Relapse in 3 months

I just wanted to run this by all of you. I am currently experiencing my second relapse in 3 months. The last relapse affected only my right leg and rear end (before that I had only had one symptom and that was the one that diagnosed me; Nystagmus of the right eye, June 2005). This new relapse is affecting the fingers and palms of both hands, my chest, abdomen and my back. It is not ...
Read more : 2nd Relapse in 3 months | Views : 6576 | Replies : 55

Minocycline

Is anyone taking this daily right now? If so how are you doing?

Brock
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 1368 | Replies : 4

Why?

Why is ms so different in virtually everyone? To different ends of the spectrum someone can be bedridden and some go through life with with mild sensory problems. What is it that decides that someone can have severe attacks with little recovery and some with severe attacks that recover pretty much 100%? What causes some to start out with R&R and some just go right into SP or PP ms. What is inside us that ...
Read more : Why? | Views : 2497 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226779 • Total topics 23892 • Total members 15162

Contact us | Terms of Service