It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:43 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

UK cannabis trial

The UK MS Society is seeking people with progressive MS to join a cannaboid trial.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/go.rm?id=16658
Read more : UK cannabis trial | Views : 990 | Replies : 0

Conference in Baltimore

Dear all,

A link to Johns Hopkins PROJECT Restore. Also reference to a conference in Baltimore 19-23 July. Whilst it covers rare neurological problems, MS will also be covered.

Ian

http://hopkinsneuro.org/restore/
Read more : Conference in Baltimore | Views : 891 | Replies : 0

Canadians and Vit D

TORONTO (CP) - Sunlight may be the easiest and most natural way to get a health-enhancing dose of vitamin D, but Canadians should know that a little sun goes a long way, says a Canada-U.S. consensus group formed to determine the risks and benefits of exposure to ultraviolet rays.

In what has turned out to be a delicate balancing act, the group is advising that while too much time in the sun raises the risk ...
Read more : Canadians and Vit D | Views : 4768 | Replies : 42

MS Risk Influenced by Childhood Environment

Multiple Sclerosis Risk Influenced by Childhood Environment

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - May 24, 2006) -

Study of children and adults sheds new light on mysterious disease

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada announced findings from a Canadian study that shows the risk of MS may be influenced by place of residence during childhood rather than ancestry. The study results were published in a recent edition of Neuroepidemiology.

The study puts into question the belief that MS ...
Read more : MS Risk Influenced by Childhood Environment | Views : 1781 | Replies : 3

B cells

I'm glad to see some research from a reputable source on B cells and MS.

B lineage cells in the inflammatory central nervous system environment: Migration, maintenance, local antibody production, and therapeutic modulation.

Ann Neurol. 2006 May 22;59(6):880-892
Meinl E, Krumbholz M, Hohlfeld R.
Department of Neuroimmunology, Max-Planck-Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Munich, Germany.

B cells have long played an enigmatic role in the scenario of multiple sclerosis pathogenesis. This review summarizes recent progress in our ...
Read more : B cells | Views : 1267 | Replies : 1

Starting treatment

Pros and cons of starting multiple sclerosis treatment early

An editorial accompanying a published debate on the pros and cons of starting treatment early in the course of multiple sclerosis comes down in favor of early treatment for this potentially devastating disease.
This opinion coincides with a consensus paper published by the US National MS Society.

The April issue of the Archives of Neurology features both sides of this debate on early treatment for ...
Read more : Starting treatment | Views : 3327 | Replies : 19

MS Web cast

This is from MSWatch.ca.

This web cast on MS produced by the Quebec Division of the MS Society of Canada, will provide insights on multiple sclerosis, the possible causes, the symptoms and the different forms of the disease. This short presentation held by expert panelists is specifically designed for people living with MS, their families and caregivers.

The speakers include:

* Dr. Pierre Duquette, Neurologist, Director of the MS Clinic, Notre-Dame Hospital
* Dr. Jack ...
Read more : MS Web cast | Views : 830 | Replies : 0

joint pain - offer any ideas?

I promise. Someday I will stop asking just questions about MY OWN problems and actually contribute productively to these forums. But I am still awaiting an appointment with the UCSF MS clinic and I'm just hanging out feeling worried.

The scenario: I've been on ABX, during the last Flagyl pulse I had "yelping" pains in some joints (wrists, knees, neck) which stopped as suddenly as they came. Now they've come back, without Flagyl, at a ...
Read more : joint pain - offer any ideas? | Views : 1444 | Replies : 4

Ask the expert

The Canadian MS Society website has added a useful ask the expert section.

Ian

http://www.msanswers.ca/?L=2
Read more : Ask the expert | Views : 1098 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216586 • Total topics 22129 • Total members 13918