It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Genteics, again.....

Have received quite devastating news – my 1st husband has just been diagnosed with PPMS which I have had for four years. We married in 1974, had two children (’79 & 80) then stupidly split up around 1984. We are still friends and he is looking to me for advice but I just don’t know how to help him - he is in England and I'm in a w'chair living alone in Spain - I ...
Read more : Genteics, again..... | Views : 1564 | Replies : 6

MS Genetics study for Orkney and Shetland Island residents

"These islands have some of the highest rates of MS in the world and are less complex genetically than urban populations, which is an advantage for finding genes.
The two-year project aims to collect DNA samples from all willing patients and a set of controls, who do not have the disease.
A genome-wide scan will be performed using hundreds of thousands of DNA markers.
The data will then be analysed using homozygosity mapping, a powerful ...
Read more : MS Genetics study for Orkney and Shetland Island residents | Views : 1579 | Replies : 2

just a thought

okay so my b day is this weekend..and for a present i am going to the dr again for my check up so they can look everything over and say yep you need to have another mri and some more blood work and we really should do another battery of exams to check out for the seizures i have had in the past and for the leasions thing...i know they have to do that kind ...
Read more : just a thought | Views : 1887 | Replies : 8

show broadcast about MS

After an article about JK Rowling and her feelings, that MS does not get enough attention, the BBC added the announcement:
Scotland's Hidden Epidemic: The truth about MS, will be broadcast on Wednesday 23 July, on BBC One Scotland at 2245 BST.

So, it's only available on BBC Scotland at 10:45pm....that should draw a large audience :roll:
Read more : show broadcast about MS | Views : 2068 | Replies : 6

Neil Cavuto

Any guess what sort of surgery Fox News Channel's Neil Cavuto is getting for his MS? Wouldn't be surprised if the news outlet got it wrong by saying surgery, and wondering if he's in fact getting something like HiCY...

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/cavuto_recovering_from_msrelated_surgery_89553.asp
Read more : Neil Cavuto | Views : 2199 | Replies : 1

Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair Journal

This publication is available, and you can easily get to the abstracts for free. Interesting topic I think.

http://nnr.sagepub.com/

It of course includes a search function as well, which retrieves a wealth of info when you type in "Multiple sclerosis"

http://online.sagepub.com/cgi/search?src=selected&journal_set=spnnr
Read more : Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair Journal | Views : 1312 | Replies : 0

Who's been here the longest?

who would be here at thisisms the longest?
Read more : Who's been here the longest? | Views : 1670 | Replies : 5

Does anyone else feel this MS has stolen their life?

I had a bad week.

I had to take 2 tests at work so I can get a professional certification that is required by my employer. I passed the first test and failed the second. I am a perfectionist and expect myself to always come out on top. I know my profession, I am the go to gal. I failed.... I have been doing this for years and if I can't pass this certification my ...
Read more : Does anyone else feel this MS has stolen their life? | Views : 3818 | Replies : 29

Medical Information article

Read more : Medical Information article | Views : 2176 | Replies : 12

The correlation of smoking and disease progression

There's a new study just released claiming "Smoking worsens the prognosis in multiple sclerosis". I don't see how they can conclude that smoking worsens MS from this study. (correlation does not imply causation etc.). Any thoughts?
Read more : The correlation of smoking and disease progression | Views : 2237 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239729 • Total topics 26175 • Total members 17436

Contact us | Terms of Service