It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:54 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Am I thinking to much??

I like to think I'm a "semi"normal person. Today however, I thought to myself, "I wonder if everybody thinks about their MS as often in a day's time as I do."

When I wake up, I lie there. For that first few precious seconds I really don't feel like I have anything wrong. Then I move. Spill my water on my way to shutting off the alarm clock, not being able to feel the tag ...
Read more : Am I thinking to much?? | Views : 2894 | Replies : 22

How much benefit from that multivitamin?

Do you suppose this vinegar method works for all the water soluble vitamins????

How much benefit from that multivitamin?

Q: A physician told my daughter that 80 percent of vitamins in solid form are unabsorbed and lost through digestion. My pharmacist says it's more like 50 percent. I am taking 600 mg of calcium carbonate plus Vitamin D twice a day. Can you tell me how to know how much I'm actually receiving?

A: It's ...
Read more : How much benefit from that multivitamin? | Views : 876 | Replies : 0

Vit D

Vit D article

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j692918069&w=464753

I've become a convert to the Vit D thing. No more high factor suntan cream in Summer. But as I look out the window and see the fireworks going off (Bonfire Night in the UK), I realise how short and dark the days are.

I now understand that Vit D3 is the supplement to take, but am confused by how much I should be taking. ...
Read more : Vit D | Views : 5702 | Replies : 43

when it rains...

it pours and then some.

more than a month ago, my symptoms - fatigue, numbness a few others started to intesify but still manageable.

please forgive any spelling errors - this message was written with the right-hand hunt n' peck method ;-)

a week ago i was treated for UTI symptoms...

this monday i called my neuro to give him an update, and he told me to ...
Read more : when it rains... | Views : 1231 | Replies : 8

health thru biodiversity

so, i'm writing this essay on the importance of biodiversity to the healthy function of ecosystems. the issue has its critics i know, but that's my assignment. so anyway, i'm reading on the david suzuki site:

"The world food supply today is derived from 30 crops which supply about 90 per cent of calories to the human diet. And just 14 animal species make up 90 per cent of the livestock we raise" and he ...
Read more : health thru biodiversity | Views : 928 | Replies : 0

wikipedia

hey guys i have an idea for a fun project. i haven't checked if it's been proposed on here before, but let's edit the hell out of the multiple sclerosis page at wikipedia. we can each do a section on our favourite topics (all appropriately referenced of course!) or elaborate on what's there if it's already mentioned.

i want to start compiling a list for the serum values of nutrients in ms patients in remission ...
Read more : wikipedia | Views : 988 | Replies : 1

Myelin research

Read more : Myelin research | Views : 997 | Replies : 3

Research 2

I posted a list of US funded research last week. Today is the turn of the Canadians. Lots and lots of research being funded. Jimmylegs - some Vit D research.

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/pdf/research ... s_2006.pdf

No dating service this week. But always happy to help out if needed.

PS Does anyone know where Arron is? He's paid good money to moderate this site but has gone AWOL.
Read more : Research 2 | Views : 885 | Replies : 2

compound based on resveratrol in trials

Interesting stuff about a compound being tested for type 1 diabetes based on resveratrol, found most notably in red wine. If you think insulin might be related to diseases other than diabetes (anyone? anyone?), then this looks promising.

Research published in Nature by Sirtris scientists is first demonstration in mammals that resveratrol, a sirtuin activator, can treat diseases of aging, such as diabetes. Sirtris Pharmaceuticals doses first diabetes patient in human clinical study.

Nov. 1, ...
Read more : compound based on resveratrol in trials | Views : 909 | Replies : 0

Damaged optic nerves

My wife Marg (MS for 35 years) has in the past 6 months had difficulty trying to read. The words become blurred, then better then blurred. Trying to read a newspaper becomes very tiresome for her. A trip to the optometrist 6 months ago and then a referral to the neuro ophthalmologist has resulted in a preliminary diagnosis of damaged optic nerves.

Marg has never had a problem with her eyes and never suffered from ...
Read more : Damaged optic nerves | Views : 1751 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220792 • Total topics 22877 • Total members 14448

Contact us | Terms of Service