It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS Brain Bank

Researchers believe the MS Brain Bank, a new facility based at the University of Sydney for the collection of brain tissue, could significantly advance our understanding of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
http://www.usyd.edu.au/news/84.html?newsstoryid=2142

It has its own web site, but I couldn't find it.
Read more : MS Brain Bank | Views : 1638 | Replies : 4

Difficult decisions

I've been on Rebif for 11 months now and I am done. I just can't do it anymore as the side effects are just too bad. I am missing a tonne of work, and I am beyond stressed about that on top of the constant sickness. I cry some mornings because I don't want to get out of bed. :(

I have my yearly appointment with my ...
Read more : Difficult decisions | Views : 4843 | Replies : 26

about lab results

hi there, this is something i've mentioned before but i'm just putting it up on its own, mostly for newbies who might not have had as much experience with tests and so forth. i figured it out since my dx; i apologize if i'm stating the obvious to some! so here goes:

if you ever get your blood tested for anything and the result comes back as "normal", that is normal as in statistics normal, ...
Read more : about lab results | Views : 1429 | Replies : 0

one for lynda carol

this is all i can get of this item, but it looks interesting, maybe can spark a search for related info

Studies on the development of an insulin resistant rat model by chronic feeding of low magnesium and high sucrose

A et Biotech - jle.com

Decreased insulin sensitivity is recognized as a major metabolic feature of type-2 diabetes and is one of the earliest detectable abnormalities in persons who are prone to develop type-2 diabetes. ...
Read more : one for lynda carol | Views : 1341 | Replies : 2

Fumarate trial Phase III - anyone on it?

Hi people
saw my neuro today to discuss post-birth treatment options. Looks like I qualify only for Copaxone again, but she did mention a trial, Fumarate.
As it's placebo controlled I'm taking a gamble if I were to opt for that over Copaxone, but just wondering is anyone participating in the trial and how are you doing on it?
I've seen some posts about Biogen/psoriasis etc but not much info as yet.
If I'm honest ...
Read more : Fumarate trial Phase III - anyone on it? | Views : 1649 | Replies : 2

Nose-to-brain administration of drugs

Found this article...although it is about Alzheimer's disease, what stood out was the concept of administering meds via the nose and how it apparently circumvents the blood-brain barrier...has anyone heard of using this approach for a MS med?

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_8160098

Nose to brain is a promising path in Alzheimer's fight
Regions Hospital researcher's nasal-spray discoveries get renewed attention
BY JEREMY OLSON
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 02/03/2008 11:58:49 PM CST ...
Read more : Nose-to-brain administration of drugs | Views : 4867 | Replies : 24

Disability and T2 lesions: 20-year follow-up in RRMS

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1823 ... stractPlus

--Frank

Clinically isolated syndromes (CIS), such as optic neuritis, brainstem or spinal cord syndromes are frequently the first clinical presentations of multiple sclerosis. However, not all CIS patients develop multiple sclerosis and in those who do, disability is highly variable. In previous follow-up studies, brain lesions on T(2)-weighted MRI are associated with increased risk of multiple sclerosis and to an extent disability. We evaluated the longitudinal ...
Read more : Disability and T2 lesions: 20-year follow-up in RRMS | Views : 1486 | Replies : 0

Molecular Mimicry-thanks, NHE

Thanks for the explanation, NHE.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/MolecularMimicry.html

In my year of studying, I had not read such a clear description of this process. It must be frustrating for the elders on ThisisMS to have to continually answer newbie questions. I appreciate your time and patience and repetition.

The real irony in all of this is that my husband is actually OK with his diagnosis, and is dealing with it. He's ...
Read more : Molecular Mimicry-thanks, NHE | Views : 1632 | Replies : 1

Glucosamine?

I know there are various products on the market now using glucosamine as a supplement. My question is, what effects does glucosamine have and is it beneficial?
Read more : Glucosamine? | Views : 1613 | Replies : 1

Accelerated Cure Project: The Cure Map

From The Cure Map:

"Known diseases are caused by one or more of only 5 root determinants:

1. Genetics (defects in, or bad combinations of, genetic information)
2. Pathogens (viruses, bacteria, prions)
3. Nutrition (imbalance in external substances the body requires)
4. Toxic Agents (chemical, electro-magnetic or nuclear radiation)
5. Trauma (physical damage)"

Is this really true? Here's from Medline Plus on Somatization Disorder:

"Somatization disorder is a chronic condition in which there are numerous ...
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project: The Cure Map | Views : 1705 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233438 • Total topics 25047 • Total members 16206

Contact us | Terms of Service