It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

epstein barr and the vasculature

1: Clin Exp Immunol. 2008 Mar;151(3):519-27. Epub 2008 Jan 8. Links
Adhesion of Epstein-Barr virus-positive natural killer cell lines to cultured endothelial cells stimulated with inflammatory cytokines.Kanno H, Watabe D, Shimizu N, Sawai T.
Department of Pathology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka, Japan. hirokan@iwate-med.ac.jp

Chronic active Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection (CAEBV) is characterized by chronic recurrent infectious mononucleosis-like symptoms. Approximately one-fourth of CAEBV patients develop vascular lesions with ...
Read more : epstein barr and the vasculature | Views : 1457 | Replies : 0

Research matters

Something for our US friends to read after you have voted.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=4999

PS Lyon - all you have to do is put a cross next to the name of the man you want to be your next President. They couldn't make it easier for you.
Read more : Research matters | Views : 1728 | Replies : 5

Quit my job - new departure for me

I was on Mat leave from an excellent job. Great boss, state pension, loved my colleagues, own office.....but a long commute from home. 8 month old son, and before I even got pregnant was hanging onto my job by the skin of my teeth. I had no life to speak of, just work, eat, sleep. I had a fulltime creche place booked for my son for Jan but I started examing how I felt about ...
Read more : Quit my job - new departure for me | Views : 2079 | Replies : 6

I got a JOB!!

Tomorrow is my last day on my current assignment. I have been really bummed about it. I got a call today from the company I have been contracting with and the offered me a new position and the best part is I will be working from home. YEAH!!!

I have to go to Raleigh NC for 3 weeks training for the new position. BOO!! (leaving Sunday) But i need the job and the benefits so ...
Read more : I got a JOB!! | Views : 2686 | Replies : 18

Zonulin, BBB, Coeliac disease and MS....

As a coeliac MS'er I noticed the following interesting story in this weeks' paper:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/hea ... 07758.html

Tracked down this older article too that mentions MS, BBB permeability and zonulin
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 804100.php

Any of you brianiac MS'er out there can tie this in to the recent discussions about vascular health or the like? :wink:
Read more : Zonulin, BBB, Coeliac disease and MS.... | Views : 5901 | Replies : 11

another herb to strengthen the vasculature

This herb is Chuanxiong. From Wikipedia:
Ligusticum wallichii is a flowering plant in the carrot family best known for its use in traditional Chinese medicine where it is considered one of the 50 fundamental herbs. It is known by the common names chuānxiōng (川芎) and Szechuan lovage. Biologically active compounds in the plant include tetramethylpyrazine. It is native to India and Nepal.

and from pubmed:
1: Microvasc Res. 2002 Mar;63(2):218-26. Links
Studies on single-cell adhesion ...
Read more : another herb to strengthen the vasculature | Views : 2169 | Replies : 3

Ethanol and the vasculature

I'm afraid to note that in my experience and from research on pubmed, it seems very likely that over-indulgence with alcohol will negatively impact the vasculature by causing excessive endothelin 1 reactivity.
1: J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006 Aug;318(2):819-27. Epub 2006 May 1. Links
Ethanol consumption enhances endothelin-1-induced contraction in the isolated rat carotid.Tirapelli CR, Casolari DA, Montezano AC, Yogi A, Tostes RC, Legros E, D'Orléans-Juste P, Lanchote VL, Uyemura SA, de Oliveira AM.
Department ...
Read more : Ethanol and the vasculature | Views : 1438 | Replies : 2

Leaving a Job???

Would you leave a job, that is recession proof(I live in US) , for a job that may not be recession proof and pays over double what you currently make?
Read more : Leaving a Job??? | Views : 1919 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242837 • Total topics 26653 • Total members 17822

Contact us | Terms of Service