It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

SOS melodeeeeee!!

robbie needs an intervention mel, you're closest, TAG! :wink:
Read more : SOS melodeeeeee!! | Views : 754 | Replies : 3

Liver

Some day some bastard researcher is going to publish some positive news on MS. We seem to be constantly drip fed ever worsening news e.g. MS rates going through the roof for Canadian women, deaths on trials etc etc

Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Abnormal Liver Test Results 01 November 2006

Multiple sclerosis has been linked to abnormal liver test results according to research findings announced by the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. The study ...
Read more : Liver | Views : 2022 | Replies : 16

HIV/AIDS relationship or non-relationship with MS

Both are immune system issues. In HIV the immune system is getting wiped out and in MS it's functioning in strongly misdirected ways. When Googling around for info about white blood cells, you can't help but get a lot of links that are about AIDS/HIV.

I know these are different illnesses. But, has anyone one read any articles that discuss both in a compare contrast sort of way? And has anyone ever read of a ...
Read more : HIV/AIDS relationship or non-relationship with MS | Views : 969 | Replies : 3

when MS is NOT MS

For those of you that have been keeping up with Gary and his "not MS' dx, it is official. He has NMO or Devic's Disease. After 10 yrs of dx of RRMS and then going into progressive stage, a brain and spine MRI of NO scars, along transverse myelitis, and ON, we walk into the DRs office to hear for the umpteenth time, I don't think you have MS. Since Gary has not had update ...
Read more : when MS is NOT MS | Views : 3024 | Replies : 20

about diabetes, but I think you can insert MS...

Here's an article I read yesterday and I thought you could say the same for MS...at least for my husband's. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/health ... betes_why/
Read more : about diabetes, but I think you can insert MS... | Views : 919 | Replies : 1

This just in, neuroprotection is hard

Here's a posting about the difficulty of developing neuroprotective drugs from an interesting blog called "In the Pipeline"...

October 26, 2006
It Should Work. It Just Doesn't.

Posted by Derek

The late-stage clinical failure of a small company/big company drug partnership story gets told over and over, and today it was the turn of Renovis and AstraZeneca. Renovis had come up with a candidate (NXY-059) for post-stroke therapy that targeted free-radical oxidative damage. Initial clinical ...
Read more : This just in, neuroprotection is hard | Views : 818 | Replies : 0

Metabolon

Sounds good

Metabolon Expands Service Offerings with Launch Of mProveClinical™ For First-in-Human Studies

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Metabolon, Inc., the leader in metabolomics-driven biomarker discovery, today introduced mProveClinical™, a service offering that provides insight into a drug’s biochemical and physiological effects in first-in-human clinical trials. Combined with clinical observations and measurements, mProveClinical provides drug development organizations with key information on a subject’s response to a drug. This data enables more informed decisions to be made ...
Read more : Metabolon | Views : 737 | Replies : 0

Turmeric

Glad to read this since I already take this supplement. Judie

Turmeric prevents experimental rheumatoid arthritis, bone loss, University of Arizona study shows

An ancient spice, long used in traditional Asian medicine, may hold promise for the prevention of both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, according to a recently completed study at The University of Arizona College of Medicine.

Turmeric, the spice that flavours and gives its yellow color to many curries and other foods, has ...
Read more : Turmeric | Views : 2306 | Replies : 11

History of MS

oo
Read more : History of MS | Views : 1004 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220787 • Total topics 22876 • Total members 14447

Contact us | Terms of Service