It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Depression and Interferon Beta

Public release date: 17-May-2006

axa47@psu.edu
814-865-9481
Penn State

Depression in MS patients clue to better treatment

Depression increases in some patients with multiple sclerosis over time, according to neuropsychologists, and this research finding could help reduce depression in patients and aid in better treatment strategies.

"Depressed mood in patients with multiple sclerosis changes more significantly over time than other stable depression symptoms such as a negative view ...
Read more : Depression and Interferon Beta | Views : 946 | Replies : 0

Microsoft Powerpoint

Today I posted a number of presentations from the UK MS Society Life Conference. When I opened these at work they were fine but I could not open them at home because I don't have PowerPoint - which you need to open them.

Ian
Read more : Microsoft Powerpoint | Views : 1067 | Replies : 2

Combination therapies

UK MS Society - presentation on combination therapies - Mike Boggiled is very highly regarded by hhis patients.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=1407
Read more : Combination therapies | Views : 993 | Replies : 0

Presentation on fatigue

Read more : Presentation on fatigue | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0

Hormones

One for you Sharon -

UK MS Society - presentation on hormones.

Bigger studies needed but results are promising (particulalry testosterone for men).

Ian

PS Given the good results from testosterone gel (for men) - I would be more than happy to start now. What's the risk? Disability? But we're going to get that anyway! By the time they prove it is safe - there won't be much of my brain left to save!

Read more : Hormones | Views : 1381 | Replies : 2

Oncomodulin enables nerve regrowth

This is exciting -- many years from being a treatment (if ever) -- but exciting.

Potent protein regenerates damaged eye nerves

15 May 2006 - NewScientist.com news service - A potent molecule that causes more regeneration of eye nerves than any other known has been found by researchers. The damaged eye nerves of rats that received injections of the protein showed five times better recovery than those that did not.

Drugs developed from the newly ...
Read more : Oncomodulin enables nerve regrowth | Views : 1144 | Replies : 2

new study

nothing to do with ms, but what the hell, isn't laughter the best medicine??

http://www.theonion.com/content/index

read the whole alligator study. oh my freakin god it's hilarious
Read more : new study | Views : 1009 | Replies : 2

HELP!!!

Hey

I know this is the wrong forum but I cant get to post on any forum apart from this one! Every time I try to post or reply to a private message, its tells me I have been banned by the administrator!

Help!

Denise
Read more : HELP!!! | Views : 1410 | Replies : 5

Three genes linked to longer life

This article was published in the Seattle Times not too long ago (I apologize for not having the exact date as failed to note it when I saved the article). It may be of general interest here as the genes discussed are involved in lipid metabolism, insulin, and inflammation.

Scientists link 3 genes to secret of long life
    By Jamie Talan, Newsday

Only one in every 10,000 people will celebrate a century of life, and ...
Read more : Three genes linked to longer life | Views : 908 | Replies : 1

Crazy Horses

This measage is on Alan Osmond's website:

Help is on the way!

Yes, Alan Osmond will be joining The Argyll Group from California in announcing a wonderful new product for those who suffer with Diabetic Neuropathy and Multiple Sclerosis. Alan and Suzanne Osmond with their One Heart Foundation and The Argyll Group, the ones responsible for getting this product funded and available, will soon be making an announcement so they can help “Strengthen Families” physically! ...
Read more : Crazy Horses | Views : 1355 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216403 • Total topics 22113 • Total members 13907