It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:09 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Posting for Suecat

I'm posting this message for another member who's unable to post and going through a rough time. Arron maybe you have some suggestions for her.

"Hi, my name is Sue (registered name Suecat) I have registered as a member to the "thisisms" site but unfortunately with my computer am always unable to post. I get the msg that due either my firewall is not letting me get on or something due to my comp. using ...
Read more : Posting for Suecat | Views : 3312 | Replies : 16

New scanner

Me, GWA and others, believe that technology will lead to a better understanding of this disease. A new MRI scanner, much more powerful than previous scanners is in operation. The BBC website, health section, has a video of what the scanner can see - in terms of images of the brain. It is to be used to monitor progression in MS. I tried to paste the video link, but this site did not like it. ...
Read more : New scanner | Views : 978 | Replies : 1

One for Shayk

Sharon,

Here's some good news on the hormones front. I'm going to cheer people up before my 2 week break.

For those new to the site, Shayk is the hormones guru - and you'd have to be blind to not see that hormones plays a big part in this disease (2-3 times the number of women to men get MS, the third term of pregnancy calms the disease down, and the small trial of testosterone ...
Read more : One for Shayk | Views : 1315 | Replies : 10

Google up your Medical Degree

I've always been a google buff but come on we can't all be Doctors. ROFLMAO

<shortened url>

November 10, 2006 - 12:09PM

Patients are not the only people turning to the internet for medical information.

Searching the worldwide web with engines such as Google may also help doctors to diagnose perplexing medical conditions, according to Australian researchers.

"Our study suggests that in difficult cases, it is often useful to Google for a diagnosis," said Hangwi ...
Read more : Google up your Medical Degree | Views : 855 | Replies : 2

garden path indeed

you know this is all straight up brom! glad you are sorted out with something. how many iu did you end up with in your tabs?
Read more : garden path indeed | Views : 911 | Replies : 2

Questin for Anecdote

Hey--I have a "curiosty" question for you which may have already been addressed and I have simply missed it! In your posts, you close with:

"Started the Wheldon regime in August 2003, due to aggressive SPMS. Moved to intermittent therapy after one year. Oct 2006 still take this, now two weeks every three months. EDSS was about 7, now no more than 2."

Your current EDSS score of "2"...was this determined by your "MS" doctor? ...
Read more : Questin for Anecdote | Views : 1193 | Replies : 6

Viruses, Sex and DHEA

Here’s another abstract about viruses, this time, herpes simplex virus type 2, which seems to suggest that people with MS may have more sexual partners than the average Joe or Jane, particularly in London. :roll:

Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 in MS
HSV-2 seroprevalence in London MS patients compared with London blood donors was significantly greater irrespective of age, but the MS seropositive rate was ...
Read more : Viruses, Sex and DHEA | Views : 1412 | Replies : 3

Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX

ARE YOU A MOTHER WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS?

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
A research study on mothers with chronic illness is seeking participants for interviews lasting approximately 90 minutes.

This study, being conducted by Courtney O’Dell, a graduate student at Texas Woman’s University, aims to gain insight into the daily realities of chronically ill women who mother by focusing on the narratives of mothers with MS.
You Must Be:
• Over the age of 18.
• Caring ...
Read more : Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX | Views : 1079 | Replies : 1

Virtual worms

Virtual worms crawl through 3-D medical images
Simon Fraser University-created technology gives medical researchers a peek inside patients
Published: Monday, November 06, 2006

Computer scientists at Simon Fraser University have created virtual worms that crawl through medical images of blood vessels, air passages and spinal cords, offering medical researchers a non-invasive and detailed peek inside their patients.

Assistant professor Ghassan Hamarneh and graduate student Chris McIntosh developed the "3-D crawlers" to help medical researchers analyse ...
Read more : Virtual worms | Views : 808 | Replies : 0

Am I thinking to much??

I like to think I'm a "semi"normal person. Today however, I thought to myself, "I wonder if everybody thinks about their MS as often in a day's time as I do."

When I wake up, I lie there. For that first few precious seconds I really don't feel like I have anything wrong. Then I move. Spill my water on my way to shutting off the alarm clock, not being able to feel the tag ...
Read more : Am I thinking to much?? | Views : 2912 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221749 • Total topics 23023 • Total members 14545

Contact us | Terms of Service