It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:10 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Question about eyesight

I have a question for those who read this post...

Last night I fell asleep in bed watching TV, after about and hour I woke up.... I was hot so I stood up to turn on the ceiling fan and noticed that I couldn't see right. At first I thought my eyes were just trying to adjust, but they never did snap out of it. Both of my eyes worked fine by theirselves, but they ...
Read more : Question about eyesight | Views : 1715 | Replies : 7

Chances of me getting MS?

Just curious about the stats on me getting MS... I was reading about it now I'm becoming worried and paranoid. :oops:

Me:
- 19 years old
- Male
- White
- Living in Canada (Province of Ontario)
- No family history of MS to my knowledge
- No signs or symptoms as of yet
- Developed majority of major infections as a small child (i.e. chickenpox)

So? ...
Read more : Chances of me getting MS? | Views : 4484 | Replies : 13

Weird visual symptom...

8O
Had a really odd visual thing last night - went up to check on my son asleep and as I looked at his face in the near-darkness I could see his eyes, nose and mouth, but then all his features disappeared and I was looking at a blank face-shape. God MS is so horror-film-ish sometimes. Then as I kept looking his features reappeared, then disappeared etc. ...
Read more : Weird visual symptom... | Views : 1864 | Replies : 5

Heeeelp please...spasms are killing me!!

Sat watching tv last night and suddenly my feet felt hot/burning sensation.. then leg cramp kicked in.. this is a new symptom for me as i get it allot in arm. Suddenly my foot went crazy..i had no control over it unless i pressed it hard to the ground.. The muscle went that tight my foot went stiff it felt like my anckle was being strangled and my bones were going to snap. omg ive ...
Read more : Heeeelp please...spasms are killing me!! | Views : 2171 | Replies : 13

Newly Diagnosed and Entering Campath Trial

Hello everyone. I am new here and I have been reading this forum since my diagnosis in April 2008. I had an incident in 2006 where my right forearm/hand went numb and I didn't have much muscle control. My neurologist could not find anything conclusive and decided we would monitor the hand. 2-3 weeks later I was back to normal and I never gave it another thought. In March 2008 I experienced numbness in my ...
Read more : Newly Diagnosed and Entering Campath Trial | Views : 1574 | Replies : 3

Emotional shocks

What do you do when you're presented with a huge emotional shock? My girlfriend of three years, we were starting to talk about marriage, is leaving me. She's moving out and taking with her much of my emotional support/confidence with her. I'm already depressed as it is, MS related. but have put off seeing the doctor for it. I'm afraid if I go in now they will just cast it off as depression linked only ...
Read more : Emotional shocks | Views : 3340 | Replies : 18

Emotional Issues, Is it MS caused?

I seemed to get very emotional, very easy. I mean before I was on Betaseron, and the Dx of MS I wasnt that emotional.
I cry very easy, I mean very easy I could be thinking about something sad, and tears come out. I get angried just as easy. I feel like Im a ping pong ball.
Is it MS? Or Just Stress from the Dx, Will it go away?
Read more : Emotional Issues, Is it MS caused? | Views : 3922 | Replies : 22

Emotional State directly related to Physical Disability

EDSS 1.0 - 3.0
Able to do regular activities normally
- Your in shock that you have been diagnosed with a chronic progressive disease.
-You think your life is over
- So many thoughts go through your mind
- Aside from all the mixed emotions you really have no disability so you just get on
with life
- Get on a drug and hope for the best
-Go online and meet others with ms ...
Read more : Emotional State directly related to Physical Disability | Views : 3560 | Replies : 19

Is it ok to do a detox?

I would love to hear from somone who has ms and has done a detox and whether or not it is safe. I was diagnosed about a year ago and would love to do a detox but my docter won't call me back so I have no clue if it's safe or not. I have rrms and am in remission right now. Any advice whatsoever would be incredibly appreciated ...
Read more : Is it ok to do a detox? | Views : 1403 | Replies : 1

Abdominal Pain

:cry: Lately I have been having some pain in my lower abdomen area. Not sure if its my appendix or something else. It is kinda on my right side about three inches to the left of my navel and five inches below. I guess it could be a hernia, but it has been ongoing for about two weeks or so. I really only hurts ...
Read more : Abdominal Pain | Views : 3659 | Replies : 27

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239666 • Total topics 26166 • Total members 17433

Contact us | Terms of Service