It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:54 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

some interesting research

Here are links to a couple of interesting findings that could have implications for MS:

Do 68 molecules hold the key to understanding disease?
Why is it that the origins of many serious diseases remain a mystery? In considering that question, a scientist at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine has come up with a unified molecular view of the indivisible unit of life, the cell, which may provide an answer.
Read more : some interesting research | Views : 1337 | Replies : 0

any advice?

Have you ever had a touchless fingers/palm? Does anything help?
Read more : any advice? | Views : 1895 | Replies : 6

New day New surprise.

Another new symptom today. Lump in the throat. I'll head downstairs in a minute to take mag. I wanted to read here first. I've been careless about taking the supplements lately.
I've added quite a few new symptoms in the last few months. Double vision (gone for now), itchy-pin-pricks, butt cramps (not nice to wake up to, but gone for now), and now the lump in my throat. When you add these to the issues ...
Read more : New day New surprise. | Views : 3112 | Replies : 21

moving

We are moving house at the end of this month as I can no longer cope where we are - we live in a 4th floor flat and I have to climb 4-5 (depending on the entrance) flights of stairs to get to my own front door. It just exhausts me and is dangerous. We have found a nice little place just down the road form here to go to. It is going to cost ...
Read more : moving | Views : 4287 | Replies : 27

Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs

Well I tried the Magnesium....its been about a week now I think...but I do notice a difference. The turning point was last night I thought..."I'm not hurting as bad, I'm not so stiff," and I think it's the Mag because I stopped the Zanaflex after a few doses.
Sure I feel tired at the end of the day and all if it is not totally gone but I do feel some relief.....its not as bad ...
Read more : Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs | Views : 1579 | Replies : 2

"Extreme makeover " for cells

This looks like an exciting breakthrough and a promising new path for regenerative medicine to go down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01829.html
Read more : "Extreme makeover " for cells | Views : 1471 | Replies : 1

activity level and symptoms? tell me more

My question for today is: Talk to me about how activity level and types of activities affect your symptoms? I've seen mention of this in some other threads; it hasn't shown up much in my 'general MS' reading I've done elsewhere except as a vague "rest is helpful" kind of thing.

What ...
Read more : activity level and symptoms? tell me more | Views : 2394 | Replies : 7

Raised ALT levels with Rebif.

Hello all.

I was diagnosed with RRMS ten years ago and have been injecting myself with Rebif 44 for eight of those years. I have just recently had a blood test taken to moniter my liver and have been told by my M/S nurse that i have a level of 171 and that i should have another blood test. Is this considered high?

Thanks for your help.
Read more : Raised ALT levels with Rebif. | Views : 2660 | Replies : 2

IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE

I think this could be a posible explanation about different causes in EM.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18573909

Rita
Read more : IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE | Views : 1473 | Replies : 0

Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels

Small studies in MS have also shown that MS Patients have a testosteron level in the lower normal bound. Increasing testosteron levels to normal high levels showed some promising effects.
As some see a link between insulin and MS this might be interesting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 163927.htm

--Frank
Read more : Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels | Views : 1650 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241786 • Total topics 26472 • Total members 17645

Contact us | Terms of Service