It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:11 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Relief for Burning Leg?

Hi All~

I've been posting here a bit over the last few weeks. My partner was diagnosed with MS back in February and he is currently on (and doing well with) Copaxone. In any event, the one constant symptom he has is a burning/painful right leg. He doesn't want to go on any prescription meds for it at this time as he doesn't find it to be debilitating, but we are curious about any supplements ...
Read more : Relief for Burning Leg? | Views : 12505 | Replies : 21

Gluten and trace mineral absorption

Found this interesting tidbit on a site which in general, I really agree with on so many levels. Some interesting thoughts, although not well-cited as are many other sections of that site...

Gluten Intolerance
One of the causes of magnesium deficiency is a diet high in grains, such as wheat, that have phytic acid. Phytic acid binds magnesium making it unavailable to the body. Wheat is an arid crop. It does not grow, and subsequently ...
Read more : Gluten and trace mineral absorption | Views : 1823 | Replies : 2

participating in drugs trials - thoughts?

I have just discovered a local company that are doing trials of new MS drugs and are looking for participants (paying nice money too). What are your thoughts. Has anyone been involved in trials? What are the risks?

Failing that they will still pay money for my blood! I finally found an upside to MS!
Read more : participating in drugs trials - thoughts? | Views : 1493 | Replies : 2

cheering you up

so, cheer's away for a bit. she has asked me to take on cheering you guys up if needed, in her absence. so if any of you need electronic hugs or something, i'm on it. never mind the scary avatar, it doesn't bite
<HUGZ>thisisms</HUGZ>
Read more : cheering you up | Views : 1380 | Replies : 4

Hands

This disease is so cruel. Spent the last four years worrying about walking. Now having an attack that's left nerve damage affecting my hands. They're weak, uncoordinated, and hyper-sensitive simultaneously. F***! 3 days of IV prednisone improved the symptoms from unbearable to awful. Whoopidy f***in doo! Showering is an adventure. Wiping my ass is harder than astro-physics. (Sorry). It's been three weeks. I'm a desk jockey; never thought an I'd have an injury resulting in ...
Read more : Hands | Views : 1673 | Replies : 5

shortness of breath

I was diagnosed with RRMS about 9 years ago, and have had a pretty easy go of it. My concern relates to chronic persistent shortness of breath I've experienced for about a year now; it seems to be worsened while doing exercises involving changing my head elevation. For example, when I do squats in the gym with a moderate amount of weight, I feel very lightheaded, dizzy, and of course short of breath. I even ...
Read more : shortness of breath | Views : 14722 | Replies : 21

Getting to Grips with MS

The local branch of the MS Society is runnign a course called 'getting to grips' - It starts next week and will run for 6 weeks, one evening a week. There will be neuros, MS sufferers, the local MS therapy centre etc coming to talk.

In the first week there is an opportunity to write down questions for the neuro to answer the following week. Any suggestions on what to ask - the truth is ...
Read more : Getting to Grips with MS | Views : 1516 | Replies : 8

Primary Vs Secondary Blepharospasm

Primary Vs Secondary Blepharospasm / Brain-damage-induced Vs Non-brain-damage-induced Eyelid-twitching / Eye-blinking

Please refer to the following medical explanations entitled 'Primary Vs Secondary Blepharospasm' which is actually an excerpt of my reply to the other party and I hope that the information given will be useful to the intended readers. Thank you.

Quotation :

" 'However, from this posting I have much more clearly understood that your blepharospasm symptoms are a form of secondary blepharospasm, not ...
Read more : Primary Vs Secondary Blepharospasm | Views : 4704 | Replies : 10

Fall is coming!

I've always been a fan of fall with the weather, holidays, and scenery it brings but this year is more significant to me. Even though we had a relatively mild summer the heat was really starting to get to me. I'm thankful that all I had was decreased energy and increased grogginess but the onset of the lower temperatures has me happy. I will have the ambition to get out and do the things I ...
Read more : Fall is coming! | Views : 1725 | Replies : 1

MS and taking Cipro

My FNP thought I had a UTI and placed me on Cipro. When my MS Nurse found out she said stop the Cipro because it's not a drug for people with MS to take. Now Im a Nurse and I never heard that, course I'm not an expert by any means on MS infact Im rather clueless about it and am learning painfully slow about this monster called MS.

Well I think the UTI is ...
Read more : MS and taking Cipro | Views : 4269 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242176 • Total topics 26534 • Total members 17713

Contact us | Terms of Service