It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 2:27 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Candida and MS

I posted here a long time ago about an odor emitting from my pores, that has gotten worse as my MS has gotten worse.

I'm cleaning the yeast out of my intestines and the odor is going away. My energy is coming back.

I stopped the acetyl-glucosamine because it was irritating my prostate, which is whole other new story.

I advise all of you to get some good probiotics and digestive enzymes. It's working wonders ...
Read more : Candida and MS | Views : 1738 | Replies : 2

Dummies

I get a couple of e-mails a week from the 'Dummies' people pushing their latest books. Today's e-mail was a bit of a jaw dropper:

Multiple Sclerosis For Dummies

By Rosalind Kalb, Ph.D., Nancy Holland, RN, EdD, MSCN, Barbara Giesser, MD, David L. Lander

Now if only they could write MS Research for Dummies.
Read more : Dummies | Views : 1978 | Replies : 7

Libido

I seem to have misplaced mine in the past few years. Worrying, since I'm at an age where I should have increased urges. They're simply not there, at all.

At first I thought that having surgery for endometriosis 4-5 years ago was the reason. Now I'm wondering if I can point back to MS as the culprit.

Anyone else have these problems? I'm taking Chaste Tree at the suggestion of my nutritionist/natural doctor along with ...
Read more : Libido | Views : 1806 | Replies : 2

After my first round of steroids

I had a lot of 'symptoms' previously, including a ton of sensory issues.

Following the 6 day IV steroids and month tapering off, most of the symptoms are gone. The remaining symptoms that cause me concern now: I get what feels like a 'hot' feeling in my head, comes and goes, but feels like a heat wave in my skull, at the back to the top of the head. I also get pain in the ...
Read more : After my first round of steroids | Views : 1927 | Replies : 8

Drug companies ghostwriting research

Research ghostwriting common, insiders say
Drug companies seek recognized authors

By Jonathan Bor, Sun reporter, April 18, 2008

The news this week that Merck & Co. conducted research on its own drug and paid prominent scientists to lend their names to the studies came as no surprise to many people in medicine.

Researchers and ethicists say scientists are often paid to be listed as authors of ghostwritten studies in scientific journals, a practice they say ...
Read more : Drug companies ghostwriting research | Views : 1316 | Replies : 0

Stem cell doctor in Costa Rica

I am writing this on behalf of my uncle to find the legitimacy of Dr David A. Alanis M.D. He is from the Institute of Cellular Medicine:
www.cellmedicine.com

Dr Alanis claims that he will treat MS with a Series of intravenous and 5 intrathecal injections consists of ambbellical chord over a two week time period.

Have any of you heard of this? Is this a scam?
Read more : Stem cell doctor in Costa Rica | Views : 2675 | Replies : 2

AAN 2008 roundup?

In the previous years Art Mellor always had a roundup of the AAN conference on his accellerated cure website.
This year it does not seem as if he had attended the AAN 2008.

Is there an other source for a roundup of AAN 2008?

By the way, last year there was a conference at Harvard Medical School and the lectures where online as audio documents.
Has a similar conference of HMS been done in 2008? ...
Read more : AAN 2008 roundup? | Views : 1786 | Replies : 2

History of MS

Interesting, interactive german web site ( press the english flag for english language). MS vaccine .... not happening for a long time :roll:

http://www.geschichte-der-ms.de/
Read more : History of MS | Views : 1683 | Replies : 1

Insulin Resistance and MS ??

I'm curious if others here with MS also have Insulin Resistance. I have it really bad and whenever i eat junk food/ fast food or high carbs my MS really flares up worse. When i tell my neuro this he says that diet has nothing to do with my MS but i'm wondering.

Thanks....
harry...
Read more : Insulin Resistance and MS ?? | Views : 6414 | Replies : 27

Hormones, HPG axis- For Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Wanted your wisdom and input....

We had my husband do a saliva hormone test, recommended by a holistic doc who is a good friend. Jeff has been taking DHEA supplements (50mg) daily, so his DHEA was slightly elevated, but what really surprised my friend were his levels of lutenizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone...off the charts. His levels were 10x normal. Usually these high numbers signal infertility and testicular failure.

But Jeff's testosterone ...
Read more : Hormones, HPG axis- For Sharon | Views : 1860 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238183 • Total topics 25906 • Total members 17168

Contact us | Terms of Service