It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing.

Call for tests to avoid misdiagnosis of MS
(Filed: 31/07/2006)

Two decades after a British doctor discovered a syndrome that can easily be mistaken for multiple sclerosis, he warns today that hundreds of people may still be wrongly diagnosed because simple tests are not offered as a matter of routine.

The rheumatologist Dr Graham Hughes reported in the British Medical Journal in 1983 that he had identified the syndrome - now called Hughes Syndrome - ...
Read more : MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing. | Views : 4635 | Replies : 22

seeking feedback on iv steroids

Hi, i've been a member of this website for some time but have never before posted a message. I'm a 43yr old male diagnosed with MS five years ago with one attack at the beginning. I haven't experienced any other major attacks but in the last 2 years my legs have become increasingly stiff and my mobility more limited even though my MRIs have shown no new lesions. My new neuro has asked me to ...
Read more : seeking feedback on iv steroids | Views : 1690 | Replies : 6

Question about possible tremors

I'm a fairly new diagnosis and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not sure if it would be considered a tremor. Best way to describe it---sort of like a grand version of what most people consider a "chill". It tends to happen mostly when I am sitting and leaning my head or neck back. I feel a slow sinking feeling, kind of like an elevator or slow roller coaster. It builds in intensity ...
Read more : Question about possible tremors | Views : 2556 | Replies : 6

Value of CRABs

The UK health system is very different from the US - all services (operations etc) are free. No insurance claims etc.

When the CRAB drugs were introduced their cost-effectiveness was questioned. The National Health Service buys all the drugs before distributing them to patients and set up a risk sharing scheme with the CRAB companies. The effectiveness of the CRAB drugs are being monitored and if after ten years are shown not be effective (or ...
Read more : Value of CRABs | Views : 4368 | Replies : 31

Pesticides and brain diseases

Article mentions myelin.

Research suggests link between pesticides and brain disease

Researchers at the University of North Dakota say preliminary research shows a link between pesticide exposure and neurological diseases like Parkinsons and Alzheimers. Researchers say they've also identified a surprisingly efficient way pesticides may get into the human body.
Researchers at the University of North Dakota are quick to point out these are preliminary results -- covering one year of a planned four-year ...
Read more : Pesticides and brain diseases | Views : 1892 | Replies : 7

My MS Website

Hello my name is Lee,

I am 36 and from Leeds, i have built an MS website (i have PPMS) with a differance, a chatroom, forum and photo's.

Please come by, sign my guestbook and say hello in our international chatroom. :lol:

www.mschat.piczo.com

or

www.ms-chat.co.uk

Lee
Read more : My MS Website | Views : 1936 | Replies : 0

The Link Between Infections and MS

Interesting article from the NMSS... Seems to give short shrift to CPN, mentions some other agents I wasn't aware of...

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Highli ... ection.asp
Read more : The Link Between Infections and MS | Views : 1196 | Replies : 2

Tetanus vaccination research

Interesting conclusion...

Tetanus vaccination and risk of multiple sclerosis: a systematic review.

* Hernan MA,
* Alonso A,
* Hernandez-Diaz S.
Neurology. 2006 Jul 25;67(2):212-5.
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA. miguel_hernan@post.harvard.edu

OBJECTIVE: To conduct a systematic review on the association between tetanus vaccination and the risk of multiple sclerosis (MS).

METHODS: The authors searched the databases Medline, LILACS, EMBASE, and Science Citation Index ...
Read more : Tetanus vaccination research | Views : 1273 | Replies : 4

Research

Dear all,

I am cutting back - but I've just started my eight weeks summer holiday from work and its 34C outside (90F).

The Boston Cure Project reported on the 2nd International Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium which was organised by Johns Hopkins.

The presentations are a bit techy but many support my view that research on MS is really pushing forward and hopefully there will be some breakthroughs in the not too distant future. You ...
Read more : Research | Views : 996 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218639 • Total topics 22527 • Total members 14175