It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:51 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Mindfulness of movement as a coping strategy in MS

Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2000 Nov-Dec;22(6):425-31.

Mindfulness of movement as a coping strategy in multiple sclerosis. A pilot study.

Mills N, Allen J.

Clinical Psychologist and Course Tutor, South Wales Doctoral Course in Clinical Psychology, South Wales, UK.

This study investigated the effectiveness of a short course of mindfulness of movement to help with symptom management in eight people with multiple sclerosis. Progress was compared to a control group who were asked to continue with their ...
Read more : Mindfulness of movement as a coping strategy in MS | Views : 1307 | Replies : 2

MS and NO2

Does anyone have info on the possible effect of Nitric Oxide supplements on MS?
Read more : MS and NO2 | Views : 2576 | Replies : 9

MS and Cancer

I heard, that occurrence of cancer is much lower at people with ms. But I personally think, it´s nonsense, isn´t it? Can it have some scientific explanation? Is there any paper on this topic? Do not you know?

It would be sufficient satisfaction (for me at least). Over 27% of all death in Czech Republic is of cancer!
Read more : MS and Cancer | Views : 2964 | Replies : 15

Precursor Schwann cells better for transplant.

Schwann cells are the myelin producing cells of the peripheral nervous system. Attempts have been made to transplant them into the central nervous system, but without much success. Using more immature Schwann cells, however, might be a way of overcoming some of the problems and raises an intriguing possibility: Schwann cells are not attacked during the MS disease process, so one day it might even be possible to remyelinate axons before the disease is cured, ...
Read more : Precursor Schwann cells better for transplant. | Views : 1840 | Replies : 11

EBV and low vitamin D possibly work together

This new proposal brings together two existing theories about the aetiology of M.S. It suggests that low vitamin D levels at the same time as infection with the Epstein Barr virus could have a detrimental effect on the immune system.

Vitamin D status modulates the immune response to Epstein Barr virus: Synergistic effect of risk factors in multiple sclerosis.

Med Hypotheses. 2007 Jun 13;

Authors: Holmøy T

MS risk is associated with low vitamin D ...
Read more : EBV and low vitamin D possibly work together | Views : 1275 | Replies : 0

European Neurological Society Conference

The ENS conference is taking place this week. Here is an overview. Looks like there are some promising activities being undertaken in terms of repair. I'll post the detailed stuff when it is available.

Congress of the European Neurological Society - Presentations 19 June 2007

50 million Europeans suffer from neurological diseases.

About 50 million people in the EU suffer from neurological diseases such as epilepsy, migraines, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, strokes and ...
Read more : European Neurological Society Conference | Views : 941 | Replies : 0

Anyone ever took this???

Hello everyone....well I would like to have some feedback on a medication I have been prescribed by my doc\tor..well it's name is Dulcolax....I have never used it before and I would like to know if it is effective???Any side effects???Did anyone here ever heard of it or ever used it??
Read more : Anyone ever took this??? | Views : 1213 | Replies : 1

Enolase and Arrestin are Novel Nonmyelin Autoantigens

What does this mean? Anybody? It looks interesting but I am not sure if I am understanding it right.

Forooghian F, Cheung RK, Smith WC, O'connor P, Dosch HM.
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.

Introduction: Although myelin autoimmunity is known to be a major factor in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis (MS), the role of nonmyelin antigens is less clear. Given the complexity of this disease, it is ...
Read more : Enolase and Arrestin are Novel Nonmyelin Autoantigens | Views : 1275 | Replies : 0

How do you deal with bouts of anxiety?

I am curious: How do you deal with bouts of anxiety? I do not mean petty anxiety but real anxiety where you feel overwhelmed? I know there are professionals but isn't it normal to feel like this when you're going through a hard time?

Read more : How do you deal with bouts of anxiety? | Views : 2628 | Replies : 12

Research telecon

<Moderator's Note: The following post by Bromley is meant to be humorous. Users are not limited in their number of posts to the forums at ThisIsMS as long as they are in compliance with the Rules Of The Board established by the ThisIsMS administrators. Furthermore, I have no information directly from Arron regarding any changes in his level of participation in the forums. Sincerely, NHE>

Dear all,

Following Arron's decision to quit as moderator ...
Read more : Research telecon | Views : 1098 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228657 • Total topics 24191 • Total members 15487

Contact us | Terms of Service