It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:11 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

This just in, neuroprotection is hard

Here's a posting about the difficulty of developing neuroprotective drugs from an interesting blog called "In the Pipeline"...

October 26, 2006
It Should Work. It Just Doesn't.

Posted by Derek

The late-stage clinical failure of a small company/big company drug partnership story gets told over and over, and today it was the turn of Renovis and AstraZeneca. Renovis had come up with a candidate (NXY-059) for post-stroke therapy that targeted free-radical oxidative damage. Initial clinical ...
Read more : This just in, neuroprotection is hard | Views : 831 | Replies : 0

Metabolon

Sounds good

Metabolon Expands Service Offerings with Launch Of mProveClinical™ For First-in-Human Studies

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Metabolon, Inc., the leader in metabolomics-driven biomarker discovery, today introduced mProveClinical™, a service offering that provides insight into a drug’s biochemical and physiological effects in first-in-human clinical trials. Combined with clinical observations and measurements, mProveClinical provides drug development organizations with key information on a subject’s response to a drug. This data enables more informed decisions to be made ...
Read more : Metabolon | Views : 747 | Replies : 0

Turmeric

Glad to read this since I already take this supplement. Judie

Turmeric prevents experimental rheumatoid arthritis, bone loss, University of Arizona study shows

An ancient spice, long used in traditional Asian medicine, may hold promise for the prevention of both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, according to a recently completed study at The University of Arizona College of Medicine.

Turmeric, the spice that flavours and gives its yellow color to many curries and other foods, has ...
Read more : Turmeric | Views : 2315 | Replies : 11

History of MS

oo
Read more : History of MS | Views : 1015 | Replies : 3

Genes

Not an MS story but a cancer genes story - good news for a Sunday morning. It shows what can be done, and hopefully MS genes work will provide similar hope for better treatments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5325206.stm
Read more : Genes | Views : 674 | Replies : 0

Chemotherapy and self hematopoeitic stem cell transplant

I read somewhere within the last year of a study using high dose immuosuppresive therapy and self hematopoeitic stem cell transplanst. The results over 5 years was quite impressive. I believe the study was done in Europe and involved 18 pts. I believe the results showed out of those 18 post 5 yrs only one exacerbation out of the whole lot. Does anyone recall such a study? I might be off on some of the ...
Read more : Chemotherapy and self hematopoeitic stem cell transplant | Views : 1070 | Replies : 2

Question for Lyndacarol??

Hi Lyndacarol,

I read your post on SIXSIX's thread concerning hypoglycemia and I wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

One of the strange things that happened to my husband after his diagnosis of MS was a change in his metabolism (that might not be the right term, but I am not well versed in this metabolism/insulin stuff).

Before dx, he really never HAD to eat. Of course, he did, but it never was ...
Read more : Question for Lyndacarol?? | Views : 736 | Replies : 1

Jellyfish and neuroprotection

Brain Research Supports Drug Development From Jellyfish Protein

With the research support from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a Wisconsin biotech company has found that a compound from a protein found in jellyfish is neuro-protective and may be effective in treating neurodegenerative diseases.

Testing of aequorin has yielded promising results, said Mark Y. Underwood of Quincy Bioscience located in Madison. Researcher James Moyer, Jr., an assistant professor at UW-Milwaukee, subjected brain cells to the "lab" equivalent ...
Read more : Jellyfish and neuroprotection | Views : 674 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221653 • Total topics 23010 • Total members 14538

Contact us | Terms of Service