It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:17 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

'Alchemy' to make new cells

This article poses the intriguing possibility of a technique that could obviate the need for stem cells altogether.

short url
Read more : 'Alchemy' to make new cells | Views : 1350 | Replies : 0

Constipation as a Symptom of Multiple Sclerosis

http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms/a/constipation.htm
just a brutal symptom like all the rest, some good info here
Read more : Constipation as a Symptom of Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 11234 | Replies : 99

MRI - Showed lesions

I had my MRI, it showed 4 brain lesions and 2 thorasic lesions and possibly a cervical lesion. I just got my report, but have not been to the neuro yet. (I go next Wed)

What should I expect at the appointment? What treatment has helped most of you? And most importantly, could this be something else? Should I be asking for additional testing?

Confused & Frustrated! ...
Read more : MRI - Showed lesions | Views : 1518 | Replies : 2

Anyone done Rituxan?

What were your results? did your insurance pay? Did it stop your progression?

thanks
Read more : Anyone done Rituxan? | Views : 1604 | Replies : 1

viruses

Any ideas about if some investigators are near to develop something to win viruses? no just for MS but viruses in general.
Rita
Read more : viruses | Views : 1274 | Replies : 0

I'm Pregnant!

:D :D :D
And I haven't even told my husband yet. I took two tests today. You guys are the first to know!

I am so relieved. I've been Rebif-free for just three months now and I was so nervous that it would take a long time.

I'm ...
Read more : I'm Pregnant! | Views : 3763 | Replies : 19

viruses

The more I read about viruses and MS, the less I understand...

Herpesviruses and human endogenous retroviral sequences in the cerebrospinal fluid of multiple sclerosis patients.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jun;14(5):595-601.
Alvarez-Lafuente R, García-Montojo M, De Las Heras V, Domínguez-Mozo M, Bartolome M, Benito-Martin M, Arroyo R.
Servicio de Neurología, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid 28040, Spain. labesmul@hcsc.es.

Objective
To analyze the possible role of human herpesvirus (HHVs) and human endogenous ...
Read more : viruses | Views : 3863 | Replies : 23

MS Difficult to Spot for Many Physicians

One In Three GPs Not Confident In Spotting MS, UK
23 Jun 2008

Research published by the MS Society has revealed that one in three GPs is unsure how to spot the signs of multiple sclerosis (MS).

The report undertaken by Brand Health International questioned GPs across Britain and highlights a lack of confidence in identifying potential MS patients by their symptoms.

The research reinforces concerns the charity has over the disparate experiences of those ...
Read more : MS Difficult to Spot for Many Physicians | Views : 1500 | Replies : 1

I've been copaxoned!

The copaxone training lady came to meet with me at work. I have now done my first injection and so far so good. I have a small red area on a wobbly bit and it seriously stung for a bit but now it just achey stings. I can live with this!

The side effects are ok and she said that she's had a lady do an entire pregnancy on it and had a healthy delivery! ...
Read more : I've been copaxoned! | Views : 1606 | Replies : 5

Treatment 1: Solu-Medrol/methylprednisolone and side effects

After recently being diagnosed on 6/6 I've started a 5 day IV drip of Solu-Medrol(steroids) as a first step before I start a long term approach to attacking the diesase. I guess it's pretty standard stuff.

I had some questions about the experience of anyone that has gone through this treatment because I've been experiencing some side effects.

During the treatment I felt great. I even went for a couple runs for the first time ...
Read more : Treatment 1: Solu-Medrol/methylprednisolone and side effects | Views : 1945 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240124 • Total topics 26235 • Total members 17480

Contact us | Terms of Service