It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 1:24 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Mapping genes by computer

Computer Key Unlocks Heritable Disorders

Danish and Belgian researchers have found a computer key that maps genes underlying heritable disorders, such as breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. These results will possibly ease the discovery of new medicines and improve treatment in various disorders.
The results – which are published in the current issue of Nature Biotechnology – show that genes important for the development of diseases like Alzheimer’s follow the same cellular rules ...
Read more : Mapping genes by computer | Views : 805 | Replies : 0

Normal-appearing brain isn't normal

Newer imaging techniques reveal that normal-appearing grey and white matter actually do have abnormalities in MS brains, although I'm not sure exactly what those 'abnormalities' signify...

PubMedtinyurl

Dom.
Read more : Normal-appearing brain isn't normal | Views : 1782 | Replies : 7

Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities

I am having more and more problems walking. It takes everything I've got to walk a few blocs. I remember my buddy reading my MRI of my spine eight years ago and telling me I have lumbar stenosis.

Read this article carefully:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/448310_2

My chronic back pain (upper right side), my foot drop, my difficulty walking lead me to believe that my stenosis is getting worse. Any thoughts on ...
Read more : Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities | Views : 1348 | Replies : 5

H. pylori and MS

This bacterium seems to protect against MS, at least in Japan:

tinyurl

Dom.
Read more : H. pylori and MS | Views : 884 | Replies : 0

Varicella Zoster Often in CSF of MS patients

I found it specially interesting, that among people without any neurological diseases none had viral DNA in CSF...

--Frank

Varicella Zoster Often Found in Cerebrospinal Fluid of MS Patients

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) Feb 08 - Cerebrospinal fluid from multiple sclerosis patients commonly contains varicella zoster virus DNA, Italian researchers report in the February issue of the Journal of Medical Virology.
"Our data on varicella zoster virus and multiple sclerosis suggest that the interaction between ...
Read more : Varicella Zoster Often in CSF of MS patients | Views : 1175 | Replies : 1

Changing Social Security to Fit the needs of MS Patients

Here is some background on why this effort is so important to MS patients and others who suffer from chronic illness.

This past year, I helped spearhead a movement to secure flood insurance for coastal homeowners who are ineligible to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program and who can no longer purchase private insurance in the wake of two consecutive years of unusually active hurricane seasons. As a direct result of this effort, the ...
Read more : Changing Social Security to Fit the needs of MS Patients | Views : 1037 | Replies : 1

Understanding FoxP3

Read more : Understanding FoxP3 | Views : 1072 | Replies : 0

Relapses DO add up to progression

An abstract which seems to confirm the 'standard model' of RRMS; that relapses do have a cumulative effect on disability:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Relapses DO add up to progression | Views : 885 | Replies : 0

Yoga

Hi all,

I thought I would share with the group a yoga site I was made aware of. It is called yogatoday.com. It is free, and it presents a new yoga practice every day. I have it set so that the new practice is downloaded on my computer daily. Every week you receive the program description with the levels of difficulty. There is also a large archive of previous practices that allows you to download ...
Read more : Yoga | Views : 1117 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225651 • Total topics 23669 • Total members 15023

Contact us | Terms of Service