It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:03 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

VERY URGENT - NHS postcode Lotteries

Please can anyone help with the request below?

If so please can you ring the MSRC Office as soon as possible on 01206 505444 or 0800 783 0518 so that we can put you in touch with journalist, as as you will see time is of the essence. squiffs

I'm a disabled freelance journalist. I sometimes write for the BBC's Ouch website, but at the moment my day job is as a producer of podcasts ...
Read more : VERY URGENT - NHS postcode Lotteries | Views : 1202 | Replies : 2

MS Research and stem cells

Last week the MS Trust (UK charity) held a seminar on the future of MS research and stem cells.

Here is what was said.

Ian

PS For some reason Prof Scolding's presentation did not get recorded, which is a shame as he was hoping to start human trials with stem cells within the next 12-18 months.

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/information/stemcells.jsp
Read more : MS Research and stem cells | Views : 800 | Replies : 0

BBB

Read more : BBB | Views : 779 | Replies : 0

Nice story

I'm a sucker for a good MS story and this was on the BCP site today.

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : Nice story | Views : 2329 | Replies : 13

question :)

My so has been having trouble for about 4 months now, some of you may remember me posting not so long ago... (I've been busy with a new job so I haven't been able to get on here) Well for the past couple of days he has been having shortness of breath. Is it true that if it were ms related he would be further along in disablitlities. Or could he have developed that in ...
Read more : question :) | Views : 1266 | Replies : 4

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 1317 | Replies : 6

Long NYT Article - Fat Factors (microbe theory)

This was cover story of NY Times magazine a couple of weeks ago, it considers research into possible bacterial or viral component involvement in obesity. Its very good reading, and I thought it might be mildly relevant to those interested in similar theories regarding MS. I was also intrigued by discussion of gut microbes which, according to article, differ markedly between people; have both genetic and environmental influences; and could result in wide ranging health ...
Read more : Long NYT Article - Fat Factors (microbe theory) | Views : 967 | Replies : 2

Mitoxantrone/Triamcinolone

Efficacy of mitoxantrone and intrathecal triamcinolone acetonide treatment in chronic progressive multiple sclerosis patients.Hellwig K, Schimrigk S, Lukas C, Hoffmann V, Brune N, Przuntek H, Muller T.
Department of Neurology, St. Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany.

ABSTRACT: Treatment approaches are rare for chronic progressive patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). Objective was to evaluate the clinical benefit of repeated intrathecal application of the sustained release steroid triamcinolone acetonide or the administration ...
Read more : Mitoxantrone/Triamcinolone | Views : 1132 | Replies : 4

Relapses

I haven't got a clue what this research is saying but it keeps the researchers employed.

Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis and Correlation With Clinical and Biological Parameters: Presented at EFNS

10th Congress of the European Federation of Neurological Societies, Glasgow. 8th September 2006

The correlation of clinical and biological parameters with relapse in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) demonstrates the prognostic importance of specific predictive relapse-related factors, according to a study presented here at ...
Read more : Relapses | Views : 908 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220040 • Total topics 22750 • Total members 14358

Contact us | Terms of Service