It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS life conference

Dear all,

The UK MS Society held a conference in April - I posted some of the presentations (powerpoint). Some of the speakers did not have electronic presentations (or did not provide them to the UK MS Society). Two of the key presenters were Professor Compston and Professor Neil Scolding. Someone who attended the conference took notes of the presentations which are both very interesting and I thought worth sharing. Prof Scolding is one of ...
Read more : MS life conference | Views : 1309 | Replies : 2

Have you got this?

Gary is affected by a skin condition mostly around the back of his ears and in his beard and mustache. It is like the skin sheds in flakes and builds up. It is a lot like psorisas, but not quite. It flares up in the winter and when his MS seems more active. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this.
Read more : Have you got this? | Views : 1642 | Replies : 8

Combo treatment

Dear all,

Saw this and couldn't resist posting despite saying I'd take a 3 month break.

There is one school of thought that if you treat the early stages of this disease aggressively that you might prevent / significantly delay the progressve stage of the disease. Campath is currently in trial to test this theory and another approach is showing some success. Dr Mike Boggild is a very well respected neuro with a specific interest ...
Read more : Combo treatment | Views : 9090 | Replies : 85

Diagnosis "possible ms"????

Hello there everybody,

Just thought I would come in and say hi and tell you a bit about myself. I have been having problems for a few years now. Started with severe fatigue, tingling in toes, numb hand, swallowing issues.

I then had an attack of vertigo and an ongoing feeling of unsteadiness which lasted for months. Failed neuro exam pathologically brisk reflexes, positive rhombergs, etc. Mri came back clear and neuro said must be ...
Read more : Diagnosis "possible ms"???? | Views : 2090 | Replies : 6

Virus Info for Bromley

Ian

Here's some more info reinforcing (I think) a potential link between viruses and a subset of people with RRMS.

Subtype of MS Defined by An Activated Immune Defense Program
We conclude that the transcriptional signature of the PB cells reflects the heterogeneity of MS and defines a sub-population of RRMS patients, who exhibit an activated immune defense program that resembles a virus response program, which is supportive for a link between viruses and MS
Read more : Virus Info for Bromley | Views : 872 | Replies : 0

Not new...but interesting

oo
Read more : Not new...but interesting | Views : 1441 | Replies : 4

consumer-driven health plan - Lumenos

Anybody with MS covered by Lumenos consumer-driven health care insurance? Do the cost of the CRAB drugs eat up the up-front employer contribution? How do other consumer-driven health care plans handle things?
Read more : consumer-driven health plan - Lumenos | Views : 1065 | Replies : 0

MS and cancer

I was wondering if anyone has come across any research linking MS and cancer or perhaps any of the MS drugs and cancer, (even more specifically breast cancer)? I have been hesitant to post this but need to research this now as I was very recently dx'd with breast cancer. Fortunately it was caught very, very early. I just want to see if there is any possible link or if it is just very bad ...
Read more : MS and cancer | Views : 2324 | Replies : 11

Environmental factors, Australia Research

There is convincing evidence that environmental factors are contributing to the rise in autoimmune diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s disease and Type 1 diabetes around the world. A study coordinated at ANU is set to discover what some of these factors might be.

Teams of medical scientists worldwide are searching for cures for autoimmune diseases like Type 1 diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis and Crohn’s disease. While this worthy activity progresses, there is a quiet anticipation elsewhere ...
Read more : Environmental factors, Australia Research | Views : 1144 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218655 • Total topics 22531 • Total members 14176