It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:14 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Beta Inteferon & PPMS

Hi Folks, looking for some guidance and help: have close family member who was diagnosed some 24-30 months ago with MS, I've recently understood it to be PPMS and have been doing some background understanding on the same; his MS Consultant has suggested trying Beta Interferon to try to slow/stop the deterioration in his mobility, which we're looking at ways of funding etc - does anyone here have any feedback on the success of BI ...
Read more : Beta Inteferon & PPMS | Views : 1348 | Replies : 3

MS research news

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by giving the link to this website. I've
never done this before so I hope I get it right. http://www.sciencedaily.com Search multiple sclerosis and there is alot of interesting news, some of it already posted on this site but still worth a look.
Terry.
Read more : MS research news | Views : 1145 | Replies : 0

Another EBV MS link

Epstein-Barr Virus Could Boost Multiple Sclerosis Risk
04.10.06, 12:00 AM ET

MONDAY, April 10 (HealthDay News) -- Exposure to the Epstein-Barr virus, which often causes mononucleosis in young adults, may double the risk of developing multiple sclerosis (MS) 15 to 20 years later, researchers report.

In the United States, as many as 96 percent of adults between 35 and 40 years of age have been infected with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Many children become infected with ...
Read more : Another EBV MS link | Views : 866 | Replies : 0

new Ask the Expert tool

Thought some of you might be interested if this has not already been posted.This link works the one further down the page does not

http://www.msanswers.ca/?L=2

Dear JOHN,

Learning for Life is a new, client-focused educational series, developed to find new ways to reach the MS community – especially those living with MS in remote areas of Canada.

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is thrilled to announce the launch ...
Read more : new Ask the Expert tool | Views : 945 | Replies : 0

ABX data

See this link... May be relevant to those who are looking in to CPn and ABX..

<shortened url>
Read more : ABX data | Views : 1755 | Replies : 13

FREE Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo group!

There is a great group of people with over 400 members, all with MS.

Great polls, the best links, symptoms database which lists member symptoms.

For people with MS only. If you have not joined already here is the link:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mu ... osispolls/
Read more : FREE Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo group! | Views : 892 | Replies : 0

Interesting use of technology from the AAN Meeting

This abstract talks about using chip arrays to look at CSF. It seems that technology like this should enable a more thorough analysis of what's really going on at a protein-level...I think...

Identification of CSF Proteome Modifications in Multiple Sclerosis Using a Protein Chip Array Technology

Arnaud Lacour, Lille, Nord, France, Didier Lefranc, Jerome De Seze, Brigitte Onraed, Sylvain Dubucquoi, Gilbert Briand, Lionel Prin, Patrick Vermersch, Lille, France

OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study ...
Read more : Interesting use of technology from the AAN Meeting | Views : 912 | Replies : 0

Testosterone

Dear all,

I am off to Mauritius on Wednesday so will not be logging on again until after Easter (admit it you're all jealous).

The research is coming in thick and fast so I'll be interested to see what else has arrived when I return.

But here's one for my best friend Sharon - she's big on hormones and it looks like she's be barking up the right tree. As usual a small trial, but ...
Read more : Testosterone | Views : 1255 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216301 • Total topics 22103 • Total members 13900