It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:59 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Memory loss and infections

ROCHESTER, Minn., Oct. 23 -- Memory loss could be contagious.
A lifetime of infections with rhinoviruses, enteroviruses, or other members of the picornavirus family could lead to cumulative memory loss, according to neuroscientist Charles L. Howe, Ph.D., at the Mayo Clinic here, and colleagues.

"Our findings suggest that picornavirus infections throughout the lifetime of an individual may chip away at the cognitive reserve, increasing the likelihood of detectable cognitive impairment as the individual ages," they ...
Read more : Memory loss and infections | Views : 1137 | Replies : 9

26 and going down fast.

Well hello everyone. I want to start off by just telling you whats up. I lost half of my vision in my right eye in 99 and had very slight symptoms from then until December of 2004 when I started to fall for no reason and I also would get the worst vision problems everytime I worked out. I then started to get a small pulling feeling in my right leg in about April of ...
Read more : 26 and going down fast. | Views : 3527 | Replies : 29

In Memoriam

Copied from http://www.cpn.help.org, where I posted it on Friday:

The 'cellist Jacqueline du Pré died in October 19th 1987. She was born in January 1945, so was only 42. I remember reading a biography maybe just three years before this, at about the same time as I first showed signs of having multiple sclerosisi myself, the disease which caused her premature death. She married Daniel Barenboim, the pianist and conductor in 1967, in Jerusalem, in ...
Read more : In Memoriam | Views : 1163 | Replies : 2

Progressive MS?

Can anyone please tell me a good site for progressive ms (I'm having trouble finding any real specific information about that type), and if anyone here has that I have a couple questions. thanks

I wonder if that may be the kind he has, because he has been sick since June, and really hasn't let up at all, and it does seem like he is getting worse kindof... he seems more tired, even though now ...
Read more : Progressive MS? | Views : 1224 | Replies : 0

I need to Vent -- Off subject

Ok, I need to vent a little. I just read this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15345694/

My comment is... How can these people be so narrow sighted? I say How dare them have the nerve to publicly come out and express their anger that some more body parts have been discovered. Do they think that they are the only people in NYC or America? Do they realize that there are people dying from lung disorders because they helped ...
Read more : I need to Vent -- Off subject | Views : 1348 | Replies : 12

Wavy Lines In Vision

Hello,

I have a question for you. I was making lunch today and noticed a squiggly wavy line on the side of my field of vision that was kind of shimmery. Then it spread to both my eyes on the same side of my vision field. It got a little bit bigger and then stopped and went away.
The whole think lasted probably about ten minutes. It was enough to freak me out. Has anyone ...
Read more : Wavy Lines In Vision | Views : 1590 | Replies : 3

Neuroscience Research "News"

The Society for Neuroscience just completed their conference. There are some interesting news releases and other research tidbits.

I’ve been waiting to see more gender/brain research (might be applicable to MS) and it looks like it’s happening.

Research in Gender and Brain Suggest Differences at Cell Level
McCarthy and her team have also recently found that sex hormones induce differentiation of glial cells in the developing brain, resulting in differences in the glial ...
Read more : Neuroscience Research "News" | Views : 1890 | Replies : 5

"Factor isolated that regenerates nerve fibers"

Turning my attention these days to neuro recovery, I found something that could hold alot of promise:

http://tinyurl.com/yewysk

Cypriane~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for husband with SPMS: On Wheldon Combined Antibiotic Protocol since August 21, 2006
Read more : "Factor isolated that regenerates nerve fibers" | Views : 1188 | Replies : 3

Sandoz biopharmaceuticals

Sandoz wades deeper into generic biopharmaceuticals

By Kirsty Barnes

16/10/2006 - As it looks to the "future of pharmaceuticals," Sandoz is planning a "powerful biopharmaceuticals programme" with the construction of a new biopharmaceuticals development centre in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

The new €6.7m facility will develop and manufacture generic biopharmaceuticals for Novartis-owned Sandoz's global markets, through its Slovenian generic drug making subsidy, Lek.
“By building this structure we are taking a major step into biopharmaceuticals – the ...
Read more : Sandoz biopharmaceuticals | Views : 931 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221693 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service