It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

TENS machine

Hello out there fellow MSers! Has anyone heard of or tried using a TENS machine to rebuild a muscle or muscle group? The central nervous system is affected, often the peripheral nerves are preserved. A Tens machine should function and help build muscle strength it seems. I am thinking of trying it. So, your experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Carolew :?
Read more : TENS machine | Views : 7869 | Replies : 19

Statins etc

The UK MS Society provides information on leading UK MS researchers. Attached is the current profile on their website, which is of interest because it mentions statins and also his view that combo treatments are probably the way forward. Although for the life of me I can't imagine anything more boring than studying the blood brain barrier for 16 years (more than some 'life sentences' for murder!). I bet he has some riveting conversations over ...
Read more : Statins etc | Views : 845 | Replies : 1

Working with MS

Hi,

We just made our latest free educational booklet available via PDF. It's called 'Working with Multiple Sclerosis'. It was written by one of our supporters who coaches people with chronic illnesses (and has MS herself). It covers issues and tips for dealing with a career when you have MS (although most of it would apply to any chronic illness).

You can get it here:
http://www.acceleratedcure.org/downloads/acp-workingwithms.pdf

- Art
Read more : Working with MS | Views : 1245 | Replies : 3

Double blind trials / placebo arm

Just something that has been bothering me from when i was on rebif.

The CRABS generally have noticeable side effects, and have all been tested in double blind, placebo controlled trials.

How do they ensure that the recipients dont KNOW they are getting the actual CRAB? for example, when I took rebif, i suffered from flu like reactions. Therefore, i think if i was in the placebo arm of a rebif trial, i would pretty ...
Read more : Double blind trials / placebo arm | Views : 1508 | Replies : 10

Opexa

Hi everyone,
Not really sure what this means but Opexa is the company that is researching Tovaxin. I am hoping that this means more money for them which I hope will go towards research and marketing of the drug? Anyone with some stock market background that could clarify?
NN

<shortened url>
Read more : Opexa | Views : 1313 | Replies : 5

Stem cell failure

I have attached an article that appeared on the MSRC website. It is of particular importance to me as it was after reading this article that I came to the decsion that should things get worse, I would undertake stem cell treatment:

'Miracle' MS cure dismissed
A young multiple-sclerosis patient who walked for the first time in five years following expensive stem-cell replacement therapy has warned fellow MSers not to waste their money on ...
Read more : Stem cell failure | Views : 2192 | Replies : 13

Regenerating neurons

Damping down inflammation can be of benefit but atrophy is the cause of disability and the real breakthrough will be replacing the brain cells we have lost. Here is some positive news in this area.

Ian

Harvard scientists identify compounds that stimulate stem cell growth in the brain

Scientists at Harvard University have identified key compounds that stimulate stem cell growth in the brain, which may one day lead to restored function for people ...
Read more : Regenerating neurons | Views : 884 | Replies : 1

Seizures MS?

Is this common to have seizures? Does anyone have this happening to them... My husband has had 7 since March...begins with a very bad headache. He was diagnosed with MS 7 months ago. MS came out of no where... Seizures come out of no where... we are so frustrated hearing from the Doctors they dont know what is happening. I also posted this under the tysabri forum in error. We have been approved for this ...
Read more : Seizures MS? | Views : 1121 | Replies : 1

ABX -- not really working for me

I’ve been on ABX regimen for sixteen months. And I’ve got to say, with a lot of regret, that its benefits for me appear to have been limited.

I had a single neurological episode (with no prior symptoms) in January 05 which left me pretty weak and screwed up. Within a few weeks I started taking ABX according to a regimen provided through correspondence with by Dr. C Stratton (minocycline, azithromycine, metronidazole).

In the first ...
Read more : ABX -- not really working for me | Views : 3527 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220111 • Total topics 22762 • Total members 14367

Contact us | Terms of Service