It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:36 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Hearing loss

I need some help on this potential symptom. It's only been one day so I may be freaking out, but the issue came on in dramatic fashion (overnight) and I can't figure out a root cause. I went to bed last night 100% baseline normal. Eyes a little blurry, legs a little weak, needing to pee, but otherwise normal. I wake up this morning and my left ear is ringing/roaring like I went to a ...
Read more : Hearing loss | Views : 1506 | Replies : 4

Interesting article "The Itch"

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008 ... ntPage=all
I am a lurker, seldom post but I think the above article is fascinating and may have some info to help some of us. Its called "The Itch" in this weeks New Yorker magazine
Read more : Interesting article "The Itch" | Views : 1637 | Replies : 2

Flu Symptoms on Avonex

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I just started injecting Avonex again after a seven month break (tonight is actually my first night). After two years of injecting, the flu symptoms and mood swings were getting to me so I stopped. Well in that seven month time frame my left foot eventually became completely numb about 95% of the time. My balance is way off and now my right side is ...
Read more : Flu Symptoms on Avonex | Views : 1717 | Replies : 4

question # 1000 it seems like

Of course, since I'm "into" the importance of plasticity, there is also the possibility that her MS and resulting damage continues ominously at a rate in which plasticity is able to it's job and keep her from noticing the damage as it accumulates.

this is so well put bob we are all under attack all the time it's just that when our own bodies can't keep up with the repairs we start to notice ...
Read more : question # 1000 it seems like | Views : 1467 | Replies : 1

Why would you NOT take meds?

Hi Guys,

From reading posts on other ms forums i get the impression that lots of people who are doing well with their ms choose not to take any of the ms meds and some say that they will wait until they "need" them.

I am taking Avonex and i'm well too, i have no symptoms and have only had one sensory flare.
I was under the impression that these meds are designed to be ...
Read more : Why would you NOT take meds? | Views : 4617 | Replies : 23

Gray matter atrophy

More evidence that gray matter damage plays a significant role in MS progression.

Gray matter atrophy is related to long-term disability in multiple sclerosis.

Ann Neurol. 2008 Jun 20.
Fisniku LK, Chard DT, Jackson JS, Anderson VM, Altmann DR, Miszkiel KA, Thompson AJ, Miller DH.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, United Kingdom.

OBJECTIVE: To determine the relation of gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) brain volumes, and WM ...
Read more : Gray matter atrophy | Views : 1394 | Replies : 1

UK patients to be offered trial info

Not before time...
Patients to be told about clinical trials

By Nicholas Timmins, Public Policy Editor

Published: June 24 2008 03:05 | Last updated: June 24 2008 03:05

Patients are to be given the right to be told about clinical trials in a move aimed at making the National Health Service a more attractive place for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to do research.

The aim is also to improve patients’ access to innovative drugs ...
Read more : UK patients to be offered trial info | Views : 1181 | Replies : 0

'Alchemy' to make new cells

This article poses the intriguing possibility of a technique that could obviate the need for stem cells altogether.

short url
Read more : 'Alchemy' to make new cells | Views : 1356 | Replies : 0

Constipation as a Symptom of Multiple Sclerosis

http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms/a/constipation.htm
just a brutal symptom like all the rest, some good info here
Read more : Constipation as a Symptom of Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 11307 | Replies : 99

MRI - Showed lesions

I had my MRI, it showed 4 brain lesions and 2 thorasic lesions and possibly a cervical lesion. I just got my report, but have not been to the neuro yet. (I go next Wed)

What should I expect at the appointment? What treatment has helped most of you? And most importantly, could this be something else? Should I be asking for additional testing?

Confused & Frustrated! ...
Read more : MRI - Showed lesions | Views : 1526 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240765 • Total topics 26324 • Total members 17539

Contact us | Terms of Service