It is currently Fri May 27, 2016 3:19 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS TV programme on UK TV

A programme is being broadcast in the UK about a woman with MS. Details of the programme and the timings are provided in the link. The programme covers visits made by the woman to leading MS researchers including Professor Scolding who is overseeing an MS stem cell pilot study in humans. I only have Freeview and will have to get up at 07:00 on Sunday to see the show (no chance!). For those with access ...
Read more : MS TV programme on UK TV | Views : 4399 | Replies : 24

Lesion research

MR Imaging Intensity Modeling of Damage and Repair In Multiple Sclerosis: Relationship of Short-Term Lesion Recovery to Progression and Disability 13 November 2007

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Formation of lesions in multiple sclerosis (MS) shows pronounced short-term fluctuation of MR imaging hyperintensity and size, a qualitatively known but poorly characterized phenomenon. With the use of time-series modeling of MR imaging intensity, our study relates the short-term dynamics of new T2 lesion formation to those of ...
Read more : Lesion research | Views : 1294 | Replies : 0

Sugar, testosterone and oestrogen

I thought this new discovery might have some relevance to MS: we know that the level and ratio of oestrogen to testosterone is important in neuroprotection, and finding that a diet high in sugar can destroy that balance fits in very nicely with the fact that MS seems to go hand in hand with a modernised, (and therefore high sugar), lifestyle. The only spanner in the works is that this article suggests high levels of ...
Read more : Sugar, testosterone and oestrogen | Views : 3345 | Replies : 12

Amiloride

I like to cheer everbody up on a Monday morning. This does look interesting and human trials are in the offing.

Ian

Blood pressure drug hope for Multiple Sclerosis 12 November 2007
A drug which has been used for decades to treat high blood pressure may turn out to be a key treatment for multiple sclerosis, say British researchers.

Amiloride was found to reduce degeneration of nerve tissue in mice and the team at Oxford ...
Read more : Amiloride | Views : 1885 | Replies : 4

IL 27

IL-27 Anti-Inflammation Molecule Helps Fight MS-Like Disease 12 November 2007

An immune system messenger molecule that normally helps quiet inflammation could be an effective tool against multiple sclerosis (MS). Neurology researchers led by Abdolmohamad Rostami, M.D., Ph.D., professor and chair of the Department of Neurology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University and the Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience in Philadelphia, have found that the protein interkeukin-27 (IL-27) helped block the onset or reverse ...
Read more : IL 27 | Views : 1289 | Replies : 2

Help

Hello,

I am 25, white female and I suspect that I may have MS. I had gone to see a doctor about 2 years ago when I experienced my first episode of non-severe, but hardly dismissable neurological symptoms. He ran some tests and then told me nothing is wrong and not to worry about it.
I forgot about it all until a few weeks ago when the same type of symptoms re-appeared.
At this point, ...
Read more : Help | Views : 1783 | Replies : 11

Placenta / parasite

That old parasite Lyon has managed to drive everyone from this site.

This story should keep him happy for a bit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7081298.stm
Read more : Placenta / parasite | Views : 1474 | Replies : 2

exercise machines

Hello everyone, I have not posted in quite a while but I need your input.
I am going to purchase a passive exercise machine which I hope will help with spasticity, edema in lower legs, etc. Has anyone ever used a Thera-cycle or do you have other equipment you can recommend..Thanks for any information.
Read more : exercise machines | Views : 1765 | Replies : 3

Read more : . | Views : 1778 | Replies : 4

One for Wesley

Hey Wesley,
I saw this today and thought of you – I seem to recall a little while ago you were going to attend a conference where the subject of the Rho family of proteins was going to be discussed, obviously in relation to cancer. Did anything relevant to MS come up, or did I just miss it? Anyway, here's the abstract:

Zhang Z, Schittenhelm J, Meyermann R, Schluesener HJ.

Institute of Brain Research, University ...
Read more : One for Wesley | Views : 1214 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232464 • Total topics 24860 • Total members 16013

Contact us | Terms of Service