It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Multiple sclerosis drug linked to liver injury

I know this is not great news for some but thought you would want to know.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23375161/
Read more : Multiple sclerosis drug linked to liver injury | Views : 2504 | Replies : 8

Leeches not worms

Lyon,

I've always regarded you as a parasite - sucking the life out of a once great MS website. Even Arron has thrown himself off the Golden Gate Bridge out of desperation. NHE has upped his dose of anti-depressants as his attempts to rein in your posts have failed. But you and your like may be of some use after all. Leeches may be a future weapon against MS.

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/recentst ... ...
Read more : Leeches not worms | Views : 1538 | Replies : 4

Artificial cells

Maybe the answer won't be a drug, but an artificial cell of some kind...

Yale scientists create artificial 'cells' that boost the immune response to cancer

Eurekalert - Using artificial cell-like particles, Yale biomedical engineers have devised a rapid and efficient way to produce a 45-fold enhancement of T cell activation and expansion, an immune response important for a patient’s ability to fight cancer and infectious diseases, according to an advance on line report in ...
Read more : Artificial cells | Views : 1280 | Replies : 0

MS-associated Retrovirus

More interesting research on MS-associated Retrovirus (MSRV).

Inhibition of multiple sclerosis-associated retrovirus as biomarker of interferon therapy.

J Neurovirol. 2008 Jan;14(1):73-7.
Mameli G, Serra C, Astone V, Castellazzi M, Poddighe L, Fainardi E, Neri W, Granieri E, Dolei A.
Section of Microbiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Center of Excellence for Biotechnology Development and Biodiversity Research, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy.

The authors performed a longitudinal evaluation of multiple sclerosis (MS) patients, during 1 year ...
Read more : MS-associated Retrovirus | Views : 1443 | Replies : 0

MS-Exercise

Read more : MS-Exercise | Views : 4128 | Replies : 19

Reiki

Does anyone do it regularly?

Family and friends are raving about it and keeping suggesting it to me (on the verge of pushing it on me) and I am intrigued. But also nervous about it. I'm not sure if I want someone messing around with my energy/electricity considering I have problems with it already.

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on it. :)
Read more : Reiki | Views : 4275 | Replies : 26

Early aggresive treatment in Crohn's & stimulating T-cel

Two articles I thought were interesting today, maybe not directly related to MS but enlightening.

Reverse treatment aids Crohn's sufferers

Early use of powerful immune-suppressing drugs shown to be more successful than traditional methods

And under the category: do this but in reverse...

Stimulating Thymus Reactivates T-Cell Production

It has long been believed that it wasn't possible to reactivate T-cell production in the thymus. The new study, by researchers at the Gladstone Institute of Virology ...
Read more : Early aggresive treatment in Crohn's & stimulating T-cel | Views : 1542 | Replies : 0

Pinworms! for Bob

Hey Bob-
Need your help. My darling son brought home a case of pinworms. (The things children can bring to your life!) Our family doc wants us all to take mebendazole, since we're all showing signs of infection. I won't give any more detail....it's truly disgusting. (We won't know for sure which parasite we have until our, uh, samples are studied, but the doc wanted to get us going in the mean time.)

I mentioned ...
Read more : Pinworms! for Bob | Views : 2192 | Replies : 3

Research bulletin

Latest research bulletin from the NMSS

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/docs/H ... _spr08.pdf
Read more : Research bulletin | Views : 1580 | Replies : 0

Pain question

I'm sure I'm being really dense but over the week I have started getting really sharp pain in my arm and leg that come for a couple of minutes then go away. It's happening a number of times throughout the day. Is this an MS thing or is my body just crap?
Read more : Pain question | Views : 4057 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235119 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16578

Contact us | Terms of Service