It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

John Hopkins Treatment

Hey folks for those of your with Active MRI's and EDSS's of 4-7 you may want to look at the Revimmune posts if you haven't.

I've been told by John Hopkins to spread the word.
Read more : John Hopkins Treatment | Views : 1572 | Replies : 0

Differential Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis

In looking through one of the other MS sites I noticed the link that I've included below which goes into some valuable MS diagnosing information intended for the neurologist but is interesting to us laypeople.

In the past I've noticed people asking what other diseases can be mistaken with MS and how can they be differentiated? This paper does a good job of answering that question.

What I also find interesting is that one of ...
Read more : Differential Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 2170 | Replies : 5

Cause of my MS?

I was talking to my brother and he reminded me of something I hadn't thought about for a while. In 2004 I got very sick. I could barely eat, swallow, or drink. I would break into a very cold sweat and sometimes collapse and almost pass out. I went to see a doctor who immediately sent me to the emergency room. They ran a gamut of blood tests and found nothing and thought perhaps it ...
Read more : Cause of my MS? | Views : 4823 | Replies : 34

Exercise and MS

Read more : Exercise and MS | Views : 1950 | Replies : 6

So I'm thinking

I don't want to go on Rebif and I would rather use copaxone. I know I need to consult my doctor and I plan on doing so this coming week. A big plus for me is the seemingly non-existent side effects associated with copaxone. The most common side effects(swelling at the site etc) are also associated with rebif and it lacks the increased fatigue associated with interferons. Also, although I am no doctor I feel ...
Read more : So I'm thinking | Views : 2117 | Replies : 9

Morgellons

OK,

This is a total side note to MS. ACheerleader wrote some stuff about thinking her husband may have this (AC, forgive me if it wasn't you, but it was someone on here). At any rate, it looks like it is getting the attention of the CDC now.

http://www.local6.com/health/15078270/detail.html

I don't know how to make the link work in terms of just clicking it, but there's the address of ...
Read more : Morgellons | Views : 1530 | Replies : 2

MRI

More powerful MRI scanners should provide better information on what is happening in our CNS and to monitor the effects of treatments.

At the end of March, Professor Miller, UK MS / MRI expert is giving a presentation on MRI and MS.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/convention/ ... iller.html

The following article reports on the benefits of the newer / more powerful MRI scanners.

Stronger MRI's Speed Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis 18 January 2008 ...
Read more : MRI | Views : 1932 | Replies : 4

Inducing Oral Tolerance?

Anyone have any information on these trials?

Also does anyone have any information on the drug glatiramer acetate?

or any experiences?
Read more : Inducing Oral Tolerance? | Views : 2218 | Replies : 11

Can MRI cause headache?

I had my first MRi scan this morning and I have had a vicious headache since that painkillers won't get rid of. Is this coincidence or likely to be a result of the MRI?
Read more : Can MRI cause headache? | Views : 9692 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234275 • Total topics 25194 • Total members 16410

Contact us | Terms of Service