It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:15 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Pork Plant update

Call me crazy...but I'm hoping that this situation will lead to further understanding of MS. Still more pork plant workers are contracting this brand new type of inflammatory neuropathy. A unique pattern of antibodies has been found in all the workers.
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... essupdate/

New details on the neurological illness that has affected workers at several pork processing plants will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology’s 60th ...
Read more : Pork Plant update | Views : 1690 | Replies : 2

CRABS- the drugs not the bugs

What do you think is the rough number of the people using any of the CRAB drugs world wide for their MS?
Read more : CRABS- the drugs not the bugs | Views : 3917 | Replies : 19

pressure sores, WC bound

Well, what can be done to reduce the pressure from sitting on your bum all day... when "moving around" is not an option?? :roll:
Read more : pressure sores, WC bound | Views : 2235 | Replies : 8

"60 Minutes" article on potential cancer cure

As a fan of the CBS program, "60 Minutes," I was watching Sunday evening and caught this item:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/ ... tpop_story

It offers hope for a cancer cure. Perhaps this will be our year for one in MS?
Read more : "60 Minutes" article on potential cancer cure | Views : 1635 | Replies : 0

Rituxan Fails PPMS Trial

Terrible news for those of us suffering from primary progressive. I'm beyond words...

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080414/20080414006526.html?.v=1
Read more : Rituxan Fails PPMS Trial | Views : 1936 | Replies : 6

pinworm

can anyone help me get pinworm eggs :arrow:
Read more : pinworm | Views : 2902 | Replies : 14

MS and Insurance issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent follower of MS News for about 2 years now. However this is my first time reaching the community.

My fiance was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago. I am not exactly clear which type her MS is (neither her or her doctors know for sure). She lives in Germany and as you may know, German government covers her medical expenses. She is taking shots (I believe every other ...
Read more : MS and Insurance issues | Views : 2421 | Replies : 7

Suggestion for this site - Geographical groups

This is a suggestion, or, really, a request, for something that I would find vitally useful, and I think many others here would, too.

That is to create an area on this site with forums organized by geographical region. It could be U.S. - West Coast, East Coast, Midwest, Southwest, Gulf States, or even as local as Tri-State Area (NY-NJ-CT), Northern California vs Southern California, etc.

A lot of aspects of treatment are geography-specific. Most ...
Read more : Suggestion for this site - Geographical groups | Views : 2623 | Replies : 14

Party!

I have been thinking about this for a long time. TIMS is a loosely knit group of people with the commonality of MS. I thought it would be nice if we all got together. My thought was to plan a get-together in Naples, FL, perhaps for a weekend. I think the best time to do this would be next March, 2009. It would allow those of you located in the cold weather to get a ...
Read more : Party! | Views : 1859 | Replies : 5

rr vs spms and ppms

I am thinking of the saying no question is to stupid to ask :) here anyway!

-I know the difference on how they happen rr coming and going spms being more constant but milder than ppms but what is the actually difference?
-How do they change from one to another?
-Is it still the immune system doing the damage in all these forms of ms or does ...
Read more : rr vs spms and ppms | Views : 12508 | Replies : 87

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237714 • Total topics 25832 • Total members 17106

Contact us | Terms of Service