It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:24 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Reg-T-cells may not be the culprit

Regulatory immune cells may not be defective in Multiple Sclerosis
05 September 2008

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic inflammatory disease that causes neurodegeneration, resulting in numerous physical and mental disabilities. It is thought to be caused by out of control immune cells that attack the proteins that make up the protective sheath in which nerve cells are encased.

In addition, it has been reported that a subset of immune cells known as Tregs ...
Read more : Reg-T-cells may not be the culprit | Views : 1494 | Replies : 1

MS is not an auto immune disease?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/120204.php

Alright! Alright! Enough already.

I am NOT a troll. I'm just to thick-headed to understand this jargon filled article.

Thanks.
Read more : MS is not an auto immune disease? | Views : 1663 | Replies : 2

some interesting research

Here are links to a couple of interesting findings that could have implications for MS:

Do 68 molecules hold the key to understanding disease?
Why is it that the origins of many serious diseases remain a mystery? In considering that question, a scientist at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine has come up with a unified molecular view of the indivisible unit of life, the cell, which may provide an answer.
Read more : some interesting research | Views : 1360 | Replies : 0

any advice?

Have you ever had a touchless fingers/palm? Does anything help?
Read more : any advice? | Views : 1935 | Replies : 6

New day New surprise.

Another new symptom today. Lump in the throat. I'll head downstairs in a minute to take mag. I wanted to read here first. I've been careless about taking the supplements lately.
I've added quite a few new symptoms in the last few months. Double vision (gone for now), itchy-pin-pricks, butt cramps (not nice to wake up to, but gone for now), and now the lump in my throat. When you add these to the issues ...
Read more : New day New surprise. | Views : 3186 | Replies : 21

moving

We are moving house at the end of this month as I can no longer cope where we are - we live in a 4th floor flat and I have to climb 4-5 (depending on the entrance) flights of stairs to get to my own front door. It just exhausts me and is dangerous. We have found a nice little place just down the road form here to go to. It is going to cost ...
Read more : moving | Views : 4420 | Replies : 27

Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs

Well I tried the Magnesium....its been about a week now I think...but I do notice a difference. The turning point was last night I thought..."I'm not hurting as bad, I'm not so stiff," and I think it's the Mag because I stopped the Zanaflex after a few doses.
Sure I feel tired at the end of the day and all if it is not totally gone but I do feel some relief.....its not as bad ...
Read more : Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs | Views : 1610 | Replies : 2

"Extreme makeover " for cells

This looks like an exciting breakthrough and a promising new path for regenerative medicine to go down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01829.html
Read more : "Extreme makeover " for cells | Views : 1497 | Replies : 1

activity level and symptoms? tell me more

My question for today is: Talk to me about how activity level and types of activities affect your symptoms? I've seen mention of this in some other threads; it hasn't shown up much in my 'general MS' reading I've done elsewhere except as a vague "rest is helpful" kind of thing.

What ...
Read more : activity level and symptoms? tell me more | Views : 2450 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242868 • Total topics 26654 • Total members 17823

Contact us | Terms of Service