It is currently Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:07 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

does flu = relapse?

I'm at home with the flu :(

The last time I had the stomach flu was 3 years ago and right before my dx. I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with dehydration. I think I've read some prior posts that indicated others have experienced relapses while dealing with the flu. Needless to say...I'm worried. I haven't left bed, just trying to get rest and ...
Read more : does flu = relapse? | Views : 3391 | Replies : 6

Doctor Appointment Frequency

Hello,
I have a question. How often does your doctor want to see you for follow-up appointments to get prescriptions renewed? Ever since I was diagnosed I have gone in yearly. This time I was asked to come back in six months even though I am doing well and am not having any problems right now. I asked him if I could come back in a year instead of six months and he said yes. ...
Read more : Doctor Appointment Frequency | Views : 2044 | Replies : 8

News on the stem cell front

After I "made" this post, I remembered we have a Stem Cell thread, so this probably belongs there.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

It was the kind of breakthrough scientists had dreamed of for decades and its promise to help cure disease appears to be fast on the way to being realized.
Researchers in November announced they were able to turn the clock back on skin cells and transform them into ...
Read more : News on the stem cell front | Views : 1386 | Replies : 1

Getting better too quickly... is it a bad thing?

I'm getting better rapidly from my MS. I've been taking n-acetylglucosamine (no clinical trials, just my own) for two weeks and the healing is staggering to me. Note: I am also on Copaxone, but have had no signs of improvement in the past few months. I immeditely starting seeing results from this n-acety stuff.

I am getting everything back extremely quick and it's kind of scaring me. I have heard that tysabri in combination with ...
Read more : Getting better too quickly... is it a bad thing? | Views : 27664 | Replies : 73

Northern Californians - Please Read!

My sister is young (33 yo) and has MS. She lives in Northern Calif. She is on Medicare and trying to find a good Medicare insurance provider. She is on Tysabri and since she is young we are finding all the health plans are expensive - can you recommend a good California plan? Thank you for your advice and please respond to my email address below ASAP because she needs to find one and enroll ...
Read more : Northern Californians - Please Read! | Views : 1729 | Replies : 1

New and not diagnosed, lumbar puncture question

hi there-

Saw Neurologist a couple of days ago and he ordered a lp for next friday along with spinal mri's- I am very nervous about having the lp done and was wondering if you all could give me some advice about pain etc- or just experiences with this? I want to be prepared- of course dr. says it doesn't hurt, but my brother had one a year or two ago with meningitis and said ...
Read more : New and not diagnosed, lumbar puncture question | Views : 7390 | Replies : 47

May I just say …

Wherever you are in the world; whether you have a religion or not; whether you "do" Christmas or not; whether you have two weeks off or two days; if you're a pagan celebrating the winter solstice, whatever, it's a magical time of year and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and unfailing hope and optimism for the coming year.
Read more : May I just say … | Views : 2527 | Replies : 12

Personal Provigil Experience

Today was my first day on provigil. I took 100mg at about 10am and another 100mg at about 12:30pm. After about 20min of taking the second dose (ie before it probably was assimilated), I actually almost had an afternoon nap! It really felt like I had taken a sugar tablet (ie no effect). A little later I went out to do the chrissy shopping.

Surprisingly, I was able to stay out walking around the shops ...
Read more : Personal Provigil Experience | Views : 5007 | Replies : 21

High Starch Diet, DNA changes and disease

Lyndacarol,

Here is an excerpt from an article discussing the damage to DNA caused by a high starch diet.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/92569.php

Genome-wide association studies this year provided insight into many diseases, including atrial fibrillation, autoimmune disease, bipolar disorder, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, type 1 and 2 diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.

In 2007, biologists also learned that within DNA's billions of bases, thousands to millions of ...
Read more : High Starch Diet, DNA changes and disease | Views : 1443 | Replies : 0

The ghost in your genes

Nova on PBS recently ran an interesting program which discussed epigenetics. You can read the full transcript here.

NHE
Read more : The ghost in your genes | Views : 1418 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233927 • Total topics 25125 • Total members 16304

Contact us | Terms of Service