It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

cobra toxins

I just like news about cobras...

Amelioration of acute and relapsing stages of the experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by cobra toxins.

Biomed Sci Instrum. 2006;42:399-404.
Mohamed A, Reid PF, Raymond L, Dufan T.
Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Saskatchewan, SK, Canada.

Neurological deficits in multiple sclerosis (MS) and in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) show demyelination of the nerve fibers, which are responsible for transmission of signals. The myelin appears to be attacked by the cells ...
Read more : cobra toxins | Views : 1139 | Replies : 2

Brain Rewired Itself

No MS connection, but interesting that the brain was able to rewire itself.

Man's brain rewired itself after car crash severed nerve connections: doctors

Jul. 04, 2006

Provided by: Canadian Press
Written by: MARILYNN MARCHIONE

(AP) - Doctors have their first proof that a man who was barely conscious for nearly 20 years regained speech and movement because his brain spontaneously rewired itself by growing tiny new nerve connections to replace the ones sheared apart ...
Read more : Brain Rewired Itself | Views : 811 | Replies : 1

Brain Rewired Itself

No MS connection, but interesting that the brain was able to rewire itself.

Man's brain rewired itself after car crash severed nerve connections: doctors

Jul. 04, 2006

Provided by: Canadian Press
Written by: MARILYNN MARCHIONE

(AP) - Doctors have their first proof that a man who was barely conscious for nearly 20 years regained speech and movement because his brain spontaneously rewired itself by growing tiny new nerve connections to replace the ones sheared apart ...
Read more : Brain Rewired Itself | Views : 708 | Replies : 0

trauma question

hi does anyone here have trauma associated with the acute onset of their first attack? mine was a good crack on the head in a snowboard accident, on top of pre-existing subacute degeneration of the spinal cord due to chronic cobalamin deficiency.

i am mostly recovered except for pain in my neck at c7/c8, and corresponding sensory problems in my hands.

i would like to know if anyone has looked into chiropractic treatment when you ...
Read more : trauma question | Views : 3918 | Replies : 33

Stem cells

This paper should be posted in the stem cell section, but I thought was worthy of being posted in the General section. I have spoken to two MS researchers in the last week or so - one at Cambridge and the other at the Institute of Neurology in London. The impression I got was that much work was going on behind the scenes and that prop;er stem cell treatments (i.e fully tested - not the ...
Read more : Stem cells | Views : 965 | Replies : 2

EDSS self assesment

I have never had my EDSS done by a professional. I have read various sites that provide a break down of how to come to an EDSS. Such as http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3468/edss-fs.html

But even this information lacks how to combine the scores to one. Anyone know how this should be done?

Or an explanation of what to do with "8. Other function"
Read more : EDSS self assesment | Views : 1648 | Replies : 9

Asymtomatic brain damage in relatives of MS

Interesting.

Asymptomatic first-degree relatives of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) demonstrate focal brain tissue abnormalities indistinguishable from those of MS, researchers reported in April in Annals of Neurology journal.

http://www.ms-network.com/intl/msnetwork/general/news_and_views/news/news/tcm_4159.jsp
Read more : Asymtomatic brain damage in relatives of MS | Views : 1310 | Replies : 2

Accidents

I think I could have worked this one out in 5 mins even with a reducing brain. Did they really need to do research on it?

<shortened url>
Read more : Accidents | Views : 1097 | Replies : 2

Ion Channel Knowledgebase

This isn't a breakthrough press release or anything, but I'm glad to read that an "Ion Channel Knowledgebase" exists because it seems there's something funny going on with our ion channels.

Aureus Pharma Licenses AurSCOPE Ion Channel Knowledgebase to Xention

June 29, 2006 -- PRNewswire -- Aureus Pharma a leading provider of knowledge management solutions to accelerate discovery in the life sciences industry, announces that Xention, a drug discovery and development company focusing on ion ...
Read more : Ion Channel Knowledgebase | Views : 907 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218752 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192