It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:59 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Reminder to neuros

I'm a bit hesitant about posting this because it's about those of us at the extreme end of the MS spectrum. Please remember that it's very, VERY unlikely to be you or to paint a picture of your future, but until we are finally rid of this disease, (which won't be too long, I'm sure), it's just a reminder to neurologists that while we are waiting, we have to live a life, and some of ...
Read more : Reminder to neuros | Views : 1307 | Replies : 3

Unsure of my options in Australia

Hi Everyone,

I'm Elly. I'm 35 and have 2 beautiful little boys.
I have had an Episode of altered sensation that has been investigated with an mri which showed 2 areas of inflammation on the brain and 2 in the spine. I had an lp last week and i will get the results next week. Blood tests have been normal.

I have been told by my neurologist that we just need to wait and see. ...
Read more : Unsure of my options in Australia | Views : 1475 | Replies : 5

Procedure for stiff muscles

Not sure I'd want to go this route but it does make sense

New Way To Fight Stiff Muscles
Pocatello, Idaho
Story Published: Mar 5, 2007 at 5:19 PM MST

By Sarah Schwabe

Portneuf Medical Center is now offering a procedure that promises relief for people with multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injuries. It's a simple surgery where doctors place a medicine pump in the patient's abdomen.

As KIDK Newswatch 3's Sarah Schwabe reports, this ...
Read more : Procedure for stiff muscles | Views : 1617 | Replies : 4

Generic drugs

Congress mulls generics for biologic drugs
March 8, 2007

The U.S. Senate is holding hearings this week on a bill which would give the FDA the ability to approve generic versions of biologic drugs. If approved, the measure could potentially save the federal health programs $71 billion over the next ten years, according to some estimates. To date, the FDA has said that it doesn't have the power to approve generic versions of these very ...
Read more : Generic drugs | Views : 1045 | Replies : 0

Mapping genes by computer

Computer Key Unlocks Heritable Disorders

Danish and Belgian researchers have found a computer key that maps genes underlying heritable disorders, such as breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. These results will possibly ease the discovery of new medicines and improve treatment in various disorders.
The results – which are published in the current issue of Nature Biotechnology – show that genes important for the development of diseases like Alzheimer’s follow the same cellular rules ...
Read more : Mapping genes by computer | Views : 811 | Replies : 0

Normal-appearing brain isn't normal

Newer imaging techniques reveal that normal-appearing grey and white matter actually do have abnormalities in MS brains, although I'm not sure exactly what those 'abnormalities' signify...

PubMedtinyurl

Dom.
Read more : Normal-appearing brain isn't normal | Views : 1795 | Replies : 7

Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities

I am having more and more problems walking. It takes everything I've got to walk a few blocs. I remember my buddy reading my MRI of my spine eight years ago and telling me I have lumbar stenosis.

Read this article carefully:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/448310_2

My chronic back pain (upper right side), my foot drop, my difficulty walking lead me to believe that my stenosis is getting worse. Any thoughts on ...
Read more : Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities | Views : 1355 | Replies : 5

H. pylori and MS

This bacterium seems to protect against MS, at least in Japan:

tinyurl

Dom.
Read more : H. pylori and MS | Views : 888 | Replies : 0

Varicella Zoster Often in CSF of MS patients

I found it specially interesting, that among people without any neurological diseases none had viral DNA in CSF...

--Frank

Varicella Zoster Often Found in Cerebrospinal Fluid of MS Patients

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) Feb 08 - Cerebrospinal fluid from multiple sclerosis patients commonly contains varicella zoster virus DNA, Italian researchers report in the February issue of the Journal of Medical Virology.
"Our data on varicella zoster virus and multiple sclerosis suggest that the interaction between ...
Read more : Varicella Zoster Often in CSF of MS patients | Views : 1183 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226261 • Total topics 23797 • Total members 15098

Contact us | Terms of Service