It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:43 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

queston about ms

How long does it take to get over an attack. My s/o has been having problems for 2 1/2 months now, and was told that it was possibly MS. I know you have to have 2 attacks spaced apart but was wondering how long one attack usually lasts? He is a 30 yr old male.
Read more : queston about ms | Views : 1289 | Replies : 5

EAE Model for MS Research

After reading the exerpt from this study, it appears that Dr. Behan was right in his Pathogenesis of MS when he stated that the EAE model for MS research was not beneficial at all for human MS.

How many years has it taken them to come to this conclusion?

Harry

Friese MA, Montalban X, Willcox N, Bell JI, Martin R, Fugger L.
MRC Human Immunology Unit and Department of Clinical Neurology, Weatherall Institute of ...
Read more : EAE Model for MS Research | Views : 1180 | Replies : 5

NF-kB

Damn those lucky mice------

Alleviating the burden of Multiple Sclerosis
Researchers discover a cellular signal that aggravates the symptoms of MS and might be targeted in new therapeutic approaches
Depression, coordination and speech problems, muscle weakness and disability are just a few of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Researchers from the Mouse Biology Unit of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Italy and the Department of Neuropathology at the Faculty of Medicine, University ...
Read more : NF-kB | Views : 1651 | Replies : 8

Supplements

For those who are interested, Dr Tom Gilhooly, a GP who runs a private ms clinic in Scotland has put together a supplement which is made up of a number of vitamins, minerials etc. that many people buy individually. He calls it "MS baseline". For more info see web site address below. I'm just about to buy a 3rd batch along with MorEpa omega 3 tabs and a multi vit to go with the MorEpa ...
Read more : Supplements | Views : 2737 | Replies : 16

A few symptoms experienced lately!?

I have been having Bowel problems, constipation in simpler terms, lately. Dulcolax has helped. I have noticed lately that I will choke on simple things like water. Thankfully, Food has not been an issue.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with MS. Is this that the MS is getting worst?
Sorry for these questions, Im too new to this.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank u ...
Read more : A few symptoms experienced lately!? | Views : 3353 | Replies : 20

iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway

An abstract of this research from Tygerberg Hospital in SA was recently posted: I emailed one of the authors and was startled and pleased to receive almost immediately in response the full text of the article, as well as a handout of a proposed regimen based on the research's hypothesis...that is... that body may require specific suppliments to encourage myelin repair. I've inserted some of that information on the regimen below.

BIOCHEMICAL HYPOTHESIS (THE RAPHAH ...
Read more : iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway | Views : 2015 | Replies : 7

Latest on TGN 1412 trial

Maybe this is old news in the UK. We're so behind the times over here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/03/world ... itain.html
Read more : Latest on TGN 1412 trial | Views : 1097 | Replies : 1

Positive thoughts

August is a low time for MS news. I saw the following about seeing the positive side of things (sometimes difficult with MS!):

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

How long a minute is,
depends on what side of the
bathroom door you're on.

Birthdays are good for you;
the more you have,
the longer you live.

Happiness comes through doors you
didn't ...
Read more : Positive thoughts | Views : 1122 | Replies : 2

MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing.

Call for tests to avoid misdiagnosis of MS
(Filed: 31/07/2006)

Two decades after a British doctor discovered a syndrome that can easily be mistaken for multiple sclerosis, he warns today that hundreds of people may still be wrongly diagnosed because simple tests are not offered as a matter of routine.

The rheumatologist Dr Graham Hughes reported in the British Medical Journal in 1983 that he had identified the syndrome - now called Hughes Syndrome - ...
Read more : MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing. | Views : 4657 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219653 • Total topics 22679 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service