It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Why me?

I often ask myself the why me question - of course the answer is genes and some bad luck coming in contact with the environmental trigger (or perhaps it was God punishing me for laughing at the girl with cerebral palsy at infants school, which seems a bit harsh as Hitler never got a neurological disease!).

Anyway, here is a booklet on genetics for boring nerds like me. Might be handy for those who suffer ...
Read more : Why me? | Views : 1787 | Replies : 13

Oxygen Deprived Brain Repair?

This article has some implications with MS.

Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne
August 26, 2006

Oxygen Deprived Brains Repaired And Saved

Scientists from Melbourne's Howard Florey Institute have found special proteins that protect the brain after it has been damaged by a lack of oxygen, which occurs in conditions such as stroke, perinatal asphyxia, near-drowning and traumatic brain injury.

Dr Nicole Jones and her team discovered that during oxygen deprivation, or 'hypoxia', these proteins ...
Read more : Oxygen Deprived Brain Repair? | Views : 1006 | Replies : 0

medical malpractice

A trial is scheduled to begin in the very near future in which my wife and I are suing a neurologist for failure to timely diagnose and treat her MS. Does anyone have experience in such a matter?
Read more : medical malpractice | Views : 1038 | Replies : 0

DMDs are crap

I wondered why HarryZ had gone quiet. It looks as if he is now working for the Sunday Mirror.

For non-UK citizens, NHS is the National Health Service - the health system in the UK which is funded by taxation and is free at the point of delivery.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j623481147&w=464753
Read more : DMDs are crap | Views : 1320 | Replies : 5

Tovaxin II b Clinical Trial

oo
Read more : Tovaxin II b Clinical Trial | Views : 2718 | Replies : 14

Stress

I found this particularly interesting since my neurologist said stress played no part in relapses. I have to admit though that reading these Pub Med articles sometimes make me feel like they are written in another language. You think they are proving one point only to state something different at the end. Maybe I should have stayed in college :D

Relationship between stress and relapse in ...
Read more : Stress | Views : 1235 | Replies : 2

Headaches and Interferons

Yet another thing to look forward to :D

Interferon treatment may trigger primary headaches in multiple sclerosis patients.

La Mantia L, D'Amico D, Rigamonti A, Mascoli N, Bussone G, Milanese C.

MS Center, C. Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, 20133, Italy. msgroup@istituto-besta.it

Recent data have suggested that interferon-beta (IFN-beta) may aggravate headaches in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients. The aim of this ...
Read more : Headaches and Interferons | Views : 914 | Replies : 0

Progression vs symptom relief

The posted slide show about cannabinoids raised a question I've had for a while.

I note that in discussion of, say, statins, a number of people report seeing improvements rather quickly. Same with supplements, people report VitD etc has made a real difference and they feel worse if they miss a few days.

I am, in fact, one of these people. But while symptom relief is obviously a good thing, it doesn't mean that progression ...
Read more : Progression vs symptom relief | Views : 856 | Replies : 0

Cannabinoid Research Info

Hi all

Here's a clever (IMO) and understandable presentation (pdf) on some of the research about marijuana and MS from the MS Care Conference in June.

The Present: Marijuana, Cannabinoids and MS by Claude Vaney, M.D.

Whether or not it's neuroprotective seems to be one of the outstanding questions. That would be nice. :)

Sharon
Read more : Cannabinoid Research Info | Views : 984 | Replies : 1

Doc dropped "MS" as a possible. Ideas?

I know you all probably get tired of people posting, "Is this MS?" and I'm sorry to subject you to yet another one of these. But this whole thing is going so slowly and I'm getting frustrated and I feel so *utterly alone*.

I'll try to be brief, but it's a bit impossible. If you have time, I beg you to read it because I'm very scared and wonder if there's anyone else who is ...
Read more : Doc dropped "MS" as a possible. Ideas? | Views : 1776 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220769 • Total topics 22873 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service