It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:14 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

excellent web site

if anyone wants to have a look into detailed things that can cause neuropathy, here is a site which i think is really fantastic. at first (back in feb) i thought it had the best descriptor of b12 deficiency. but now (hit it on a diff search today) i realize it has fantastic information for a great range of things including neurotoxins and channel toxins. here's the path i've been on so far and i'm ...
Read more : excellent web site | Views : 944 | Replies : 0

prednisone after solumedrol

I want to know about how many people have taken the oral preds after IV solumedrol. I thought it was standard, must be, practice to wean you off the cortisone. We have a friend that is coming home without the preds and seems to be in an endless cycle of attacks. Would love to hear what others have taken.
Read more : prednisone after solumedrol | Views : 8104 | Replies : 5

Updated !! Is this mssounding symptoms?

any ideas to throw out there would be helpful.
Doctors seen: family doctor (once) neurologist (twice) and internal medicine (once)

Symtoms: All the time dizziness, (for the past 2 1/2 months)
weakness all over.
Weakness in hands and feet that comes and goes. Tingling in fingers.
Sweating for no reason.
Swallowing trouble (clearing throat alot after eating meals & feels like there is something in the throat all the time),
restless legs syndrome symptoms,
numbness ...
Read more : Updated !! Is this mssounding symptoms? | Views : 5606 | Replies : 38

Does this sound like MS?

any ideas to throw out there would be helpful.
Doctors seen: family doctor (once) neurologist (twice) and internal medicine (once)

Symtoms: All the time dizziness, (for the past 2 1/2 months)
weakness all over.
Weakness in hands and feet that comes and goes. Tingling in fingers.
Sweating for no reason.
Swallowing trouble (clearing throat alot after eating meals & feels like there is something in the throat all the time),
restless legs syndrome symptoms,
numbness ...
Read more : Does this sound like MS? | Views : 916 | Replies : 0

queston about ms

How long does it take to get over an attack. My s/o has been having problems for 2 1/2 months now, and was told that it was possibly MS. I know you have to have 2 attacks spaced apart but was wondering how long one attack usually lasts? He is a 30 yr old male.
Read more : queston about ms | Views : 1298 | Replies : 5

EAE Model for MS Research

After reading the exerpt from this study, it appears that Dr. Behan was right in his Pathogenesis of MS when he stated that the EAE model for MS research was not beneficial at all for human MS.

How many years has it taken them to come to this conclusion?

Harry

Friese MA, Montalban X, Willcox N, Bell JI, Martin R, Fugger L.
MRC Human Immunology Unit and Department of Clinical Neurology, Weatherall Institute of ...
Read more : EAE Model for MS Research | Views : 1198 | Replies : 5

NF-kB

Damn those lucky mice------

Alleviating the burden of Multiple Sclerosis
Researchers discover a cellular signal that aggravates the symptoms of MS and might be targeted in new therapeutic approaches
Depression, coordination and speech problems, muscle weakness and disability are just a few of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Researchers from the Mouse Biology Unit of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Italy and the Department of Neuropathology at the Faculty of Medicine, University ...
Read more : NF-kB | Views : 1672 | Replies : 8

Supplements

For those who are interested, Dr Tom Gilhooly, a GP who runs a private ms clinic in Scotland has put together a supplement which is made up of a number of vitamins, minerials etc. that many people buy individually. He calls it "MS baseline". For more info see web site address below. I'm just about to buy a 3rd batch along with MorEpa omega 3 tabs and a multi vit to go with the MorEpa ...
Read more : Supplements | Views : 2776 | Replies : 16

A few symptoms experienced lately!?

I have been having Bowel problems, constipation in simpler terms, lately. Dulcolax has helped. I have noticed lately that I will choke on simple things like water. Thankfully, Food has not been an issue.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with MS. Is this that the MS is getting worst?
Sorry for these questions, Im too new to this.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank u ...
Read more : A few symptoms experienced lately!? | Views : 3387 | Replies : 20

iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway

An abstract of this research from Tygerberg Hospital in SA was recently posted: I emailed one of the authors and was startled and pleased to receive almost immediately in response the full text of the article, as well as a handout of a proposed regimen based on the research's hypothesis...that is... that body may require specific suppliments to encourage myelin repair. I've inserted some of that information on the regimen below.

BIOCHEMICAL HYPOTHESIS (THE RAPHAH ...
Read more : iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway | Views : 2081 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221008 • Total topics 22915 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service