It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Hormones - one for Sharon

Brains of male mice boast extra nerve insulation 01 February 2006

The brains and spinal cords of male mice contain more of the protective, fatty substance called myelin, which insulates nerve cells, than their female counterparts, new research reveals. The finding could help to explain why some neurological diseases, including multiple sclerosis, strike one sex more than another.

Robert Skoff of the Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, US, and colleagues found an ...
Read more : Hormones - one for Sharon | Views : 1766 | Replies : 10

Please vote for the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre!

Hi all.

Please can you vote for The Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre at http://www.howtogivetocharity.org/ You will be sent a verify email which you need to click on the link to verify - please note if you use MS Hotmail, Yahoo or G-Mail your verify mail MAY go to your junkmail folder. :O(

Jessica Williams' royalties from the sales of her book How to Give to Charity, plus the same ...
Read more : Please vote for the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre! | Views : 1877 | Replies : 4

Cost of Future Oral Drugs

Hi,

Does any one has some ideas about how much the Oral drugs I.e. FTY720 or Mylinax or BG12 etc would be priced if they are approved. Will they be priced in the same range as CARB?
Read more : Cost of Future Oral Drugs | Views : 1495 | Replies : 1

Counselling - does it help?

Dear all,

Sorting through some paperwork I came across the letter that my neuro sent to my MS nurse. The final para reads 'Ian is very anxious about having a diagnosis of MS. In my opinion, his reaction is abnormal... He admitted to me that he commonly wakes in the early hours of the morning, worrying about his future.... I have recommended that he should seek formal counselling and possibly cognitive therapy to try and ...
Read more : Counselling - does it help? | Views : 7952 | Replies : 16

Australian MS researchers

The Howard Florey Institute in Australia seems to be doing some interesting stuff on MS.

http://www.hfi.unimelb.edu.au/
Read more : Australian MS researchers | Views : 2086 | Replies : 1

Trauma and MS

Dear all,

The New Zealand Multiple Sclerosis website has a page called world news which pulls in all press articles around the world which include a reference to MS. On the whole, the articles are not for the easily depressed (like me)as many are obituaries e.g. John Smith 52, after a long battle with MS. Many of the articles in the last few days have been about the case in Canada where a mother helped ...
Read more : Trauma and MS | Views : 1705 | Replies : 6

Money for nothing

Dear all,

The following was posted on the MSRC website:

Copaxone

Sales of the multiple-scelrosis drug totaled $1.18 billion in 2005, 26% more than in 2004.

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. has announced, in conjunction with the release of the Sanofi-Aventis group's financial results, that global in-market sales of its multiple-sclerosis drug Copaxone reached $323 million in the fourth quarter of 2005, representing an increase of 24% over the comparable quarter of 2004.

For the full ...
Read more : Money for nothing | Views : 2082 | Replies : 10

Abx Folks - Minocycline Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My doc prescribed Mino for me last week, 100 Mg 2X/Day. He's prescribed it for it's immunomodulating properties, not its ABX properties, but at least he prescribed it.

Started it last week, and found it very hard to take. Lots of dizziness, nausea, feeling very spacey. So much so that I had to stop, because I needed to function at work. I'm anxious to start up again, but would like to slowly build up. ...
Read more : Abx Folks - Minocycline Question | Views : 2044 | Replies : 8

My Neurologist Sucks, how about yours?

O.K. -- So I had my second 3 month check-up with my Neuro on the 26th.

Uh,Where can I begin? I'll begin by saying that I didn't chose this man to be my Neuro, the hospital did, and he just stuck. I didn't like him to begin with, but I figured I could live with him since he was allowing me to order lab tests that I thought I needed (Lipid, and Hepatic panels..). I ...
Read more : My Neurologist Sucks, how about yours? | Views : 3172 | Replies : 15

How Many Spots?

I know there is no constant or known when it comes to ms, but how many lesions are "a lot"? I had a MRI a year ago and in my follow up appointment the neuro said I had 2 lesions...yet his report called the amount "extensive". My current neuro says perhaps what was meant is that I had 2 active lesions at the time of the MRI. I just had a MRI a few weeks ...
Read more : How Many Spots? | Views : 1342 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216677 • Total topics 22136 • Total members 13920