It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

BBB Permeability?

Just wanted to gather all your knowledge on BBB Permeability reduction, and what we can do now. For example, with suppliments.

The thing that triggered this line of thought was probably the thread http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2477.html which had statins reducing BBB permeability.

Now I (think I) know tysabri works by making the stuff too big to pass through the BBB. And when I did a search on this site, i also came accross the article "Interferon-Beta Treatment ...
Read more : BBB Permeability? | Views : 3042 | Replies : 14

Immunology research

Whether you are an auto-immune theory supporter or not, the immune system plays a key role in driving this disease. A new collaborative project has been announced -

New immunology research collaboration established

Singapore's Agency forScience, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and The Australian National University establish immunology research collaboration. A*STAR's Centre for Molecular Medicine (CMM) and the Australian Phenomics Facility based at The Australian National University (APF ANU) have established an immunology research partnership ...
Read more : Immunology research | Views : 868 | Replies : 1

what to do

hey there everyone,
i just got done catching up with things on here...i finally went on a vacation...down to key west..had a great time....took care of myself while i was down there so as not to end up seeing someone down there...however i got back on saturday and on monday when i came into work i found out my neurologist had gone on vacation while i was gone and passed away...i mean dang now i ...
Read more : what to do | Views : 907 | Replies : 3

C-Ice

A little light reading...

Could hemp be the hot new healthy ingredient?

By Jess Halliday

26/06/2006 - The health-enhancing properties of hemp have come under the spotlight this month with the launch of a drink containing hemp-blossom syrup (Cannabis sativa) in the UK, which is also being tested by multiple sclerosis sufferers for its potential to alleviate lag pain and spasms.

The drink, called C-Ice, was develop by Austrian company Thurella and launched by distributor ...
Read more : C-Ice | Views : 786 | Replies : 0

Research Matters

Dear all,

The UK MS Society produces a booklet called Research Matters. The latest edition is attached. It covers the different modifying drugs, work looking at re-myelination etc. It's worth a read.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=1366
Read more : Research Matters | Views : 1232 | Replies : 4

just life

Maybe Arron you could create a forum for people to just talk about their lives and challenges living with ms. I think there would be alot of us that just need to share our day to day obsticles that are happening in the now and not the future of drugs that are really not part of our reality, just a thought rob
Read more : just life | Views : 1082 | Replies : 3

Looking for info on power chairs

Hi Everyone, Thanks for reading. Im looking for some info on power wheelchairs. Im going to start looking into getting one and Im not really even sure what to look for or what type. I also only have medicare and medicaid and Im not even sure it would be covered.
I have MS and its getting difficult to walk. Having a light weight one that I might beable to take with me in my daughters ...
Read more : Looking for info on power chairs | Views : 1184 | Replies : 4

Who are the viral experts, here?

Hi,

As I mentioned in my introduction, I was waiting on many, many lab test results. Just picked them up. The most notable result suggests chronic EBV infection. As in, very, very high positive results on EB Ab VCA, IgG.

So, I suppose this helps me to decide which direction to head with meds...

Anyone, here, taking anti-viral meds? And/or supplements?

Which forum module should detailed discussion, of this, take place?

TIA (Thanks In Advance)! ...
Read more : Who are the viral experts, here? | Views : 4647 | Replies : 41

IVI research

It's good that researchers are starting to understand how different treatments work.

<shortened url>
Read more : IVI research | Views : 845 | Replies : 0

The sun and immunosupressive drugs

Like we needed more stuff to worry about. I saw a news story on my local news channel about how people taking immune system supressive drugs should be extra careful with exposure to the sun. Supposedly we are at greater risk for skin cancer. Just an FYI to everyone to use lots of sunblock this summer. 8)
Read more : The sun and immunosupressive drugs | Views : 1161 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219994 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14351

Contact us | Terms of Service