It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:44 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

A few symptoms experienced lately!?

I have been having Bowel problems, constipation in simpler terms, lately. Dulcolax has helped. I have noticed lately that I will choke on simple things like water. Thankfully, Food has not been an issue.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with MS. Is this that the MS is getting worst?
Sorry for these questions, Im too new to this.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank u ...
Read more : A few symptoms experienced lately!? | Views : 3378 | Replies : 20

iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway

An abstract of this research from Tygerberg Hospital in SA was recently posted: I emailed one of the authors and was startled and pleased to receive almost immediately in response the full text of the article, as well as a handout of a proposed regimen based on the research's hypothesis...that is... that body may require specific suppliments to encourage myelin repair. I've inserted some of that information on the regimen below.

BIOCHEMICAL HYPOTHESIS (THE RAPHAH ...
Read more : iron and folate-vitamin b12-methylation pathway | Views : 2071 | Replies : 7

Latest on TGN 1412 trial

Maybe this is old news in the UK. We're so behind the times over here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/03/world ... itain.html
Read more : Latest on TGN 1412 trial | Views : 1107 | Replies : 1

Positive thoughts

August is a low time for MS news. I saw the following about seeing the positive side of things (sometimes difficult with MS!):

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

How long a minute is,
depends on what side of the
bathroom door you're on.

Birthdays are good for you;
the more you have,
the longer you live.

Happiness comes through doors you
didn't ...
Read more : Positive thoughts | Views : 1138 | Replies : 2

MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing.

Call for tests to avoid misdiagnosis of MS
(Filed: 31/07/2006)

Two decades after a British doctor discovered a syndrome that can easily be mistaken for multiple sclerosis, he warns today that hundreds of people may still be wrongly diagnosed because simple tests are not offered as a matter of routine.

The rheumatologist Dr Graham Hughes reported in the British Medical Journal in 1983 that he had identified the syndrome - now called Hughes Syndrome - ...
Read more : MS or Hughes Syndrome? Misdiagnosing. | Views : 4684 | Replies : 22

seeking feedback on iv steroids

Hi, i've been a member of this website for some time but have never before posted a message. I'm a 43yr old male diagnosed with MS five years ago with one attack at the beginning. I haven't experienced any other major attacks but in the last 2 years my legs have become increasingly stiff and my mobility more limited even though my MRIs have shown no new lesions. My new neuro has asked me to ...
Read more : seeking feedback on iv steroids | Views : 1706 | Replies : 6

Question about possible tremors

I'm a fairly new diagnosis and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not sure if it would be considered a tremor. Best way to describe it---sort of like a grand version of what most people consider a "chill". It tends to happen mostly when I am sitting and leaning my head or neck back. I feel a slow sinking feeling, kind of like an elevator or slow roller coaster. It builds in intensity ...
Read more : Question about possible tremors | Views : 2585 | Replies : 6

Value of CRABs

The UK health system is very different from the US - all services (operations etc) are free. No insurance claims etc.

When the CRAB drugs were introduced their cost-effectiveness was questioned. The National Health Service buys all the drugs before distributing them to patients and set up a risk sharing scheme with the CRAB companies. The effectiveness of the CRAB drugs are being monitored and if after ten years are shown not be effective (or ...
Read more : Value of CRABs | Views : 4420 | Replies : 31

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220878 • Total topics 22893 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service