It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Anyone heard of a drug called 4-ap ?

I had a Busy day yesterday, bad day today:

Visited my neuro yesterday and did a number of simple errands. I thought I was holding up great but today I feel really bad (ill). Guess I over spent my energy budget.

Anyway they said “no tysabri for you!”. I guess the’re only giving it to people who have a lot of active inflammation. They said PML risk is 1 in 1000. I can’t help but ...
Read more : Anyone heard of a drug called 4-ap ? | Views : 1423 | Replies : 8

eye question related to ms

My s/o has had worsening eye trouble. He has not been diagnosed with ms. The neuro has looked into his eyes during her exam.

My questions:

1. Is looking into the eyes find out all the information related to eyes and ms, or does he still need to see an eye doctor.

2. If he does need to see an eye doctor are they all the same, or is there a special kind he needs ...
Read more : eye question related to ms | Views : 1265 | Replies : 3

MS and twins

Multiple Sclerosis In Genetically Susceptible Twins Is Augmented By The Northern Environment
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 14 Aug 2006 - 5:00am (PDT)

A new study of twins suggests that living farther north of the equator significantly increases risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis (MS) among those with genetic susceptibility due to some environmental factor.

By following more than 700 pairs of twins diagnosed with MS, researchers from the Keck School of Medicine of ...
Read more : MS and twins | Views : 684 | Replies : 0

has anyone had an eeg that has ms?

Does an eeg help tell if it's ms or not? My s/o hasn't had one, but we were consideing asking for one.... would like to learn more about anyone else's experience with it. Thank you.
Read more : has anyone had an eeg that has ms? | Views : 1015 | Replies : 4

dizziness

Is the dizziness associated with ms vertigo (spinning) or the other kind like lightheadness or "floating"?
Read more : dizziness | Views : 1349 | Replies : 6

amelia

how long did your husband have to wait since he started going to the doctor for symptoms till he got ms diagnoses?

What doctor diagnosed him? (a neuro, family, or what?)

Do you remember any of the things they ruled out before he got his diagnoses?
Read more : amelia | Views : 704 | Replies : 0

Thiamine/Klenner Protocol

During routine visit to new GP (since I've changed cities) I reviewed current supplements:: he is willing to show me how to self inject vitB12, that seems like a good idea:: we also discussed self inject thiamine and I wanted to know if anyone is doing that.

Thiamine does NOT seem as well supported as other supplements (ex VitD, B12, Omega3 are now so standard that even MS clinic recommended them...). Thiamine injections are included ...
Read more : Thiamine/Klenner Protocol | Views : 3430 | Replies : 16

Eye Trouble

Hi,
Just wonder if anyone had any ideas what this could be.
I don't have MS .
My partner has just noticed that my left eye looks very different to my right one.
Having just had a look i've found that the left pupil is very large and the right one is normal.i get aslight ache behind the right eye.(i wear glasses for reading)
I work on computers all day do you think this might ...
Read more : Eye Trouble | Views : 997 | Replies : 5

excellent web site

if anyone wants to have a look into detailed things that can cause neuropathy, here is a site which i think is really fantastic. at first (back in feb) i thought it had the best descriptor of b12 deficiency. but now (hit it on a diff search today) i realize it has fantastic information for a great range of things including neurotoxins and channel toxins. here's the path i've been on so far and i'm ...
Read more : excellent web site | Views : 949 | Replies : 0

prednisone after solumedrol

I want to know about how many people have taken the oral preds after IV solumedrol. I thought it was standard, must be, practice to wean you off the cortisone. We have a friend that is coming home without the preds and seems to be in an endless cycle of attacks. Would love to hear what others have taken.
Read more : prednisone after solumedrol | Views : 8137 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221793 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service