It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:58 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Upcoming research conferences

For nerds like me who are interested in such things, two research conferences at the end of the month:

The Charcot Foundation symposium is in Italy.

http://www.charcot-ms.eu/main.php?pag=p ... 8&sid2=128

Conference on B cells and MS which takes place in California.

http://www.biosymposia.org/content25262.html

Presentations on Rituximab seem to be common to both. I'll post any interesting stuff if I see it.

Ian
Read more : Upcoming research conferences | Views : 1890 | Replies : 1

Bad reaction to this year's flu jab

Has anyone else had an extreme reaction to the flu jab this year? About a day after I had it I became as weak as a dish rag: unable to move a muscle to the point where I couldn't even lift my chin off my chest when I sat up. I thought it was just me having a bad time, but I have since heard of two other people with MS who have described identical ...
Read more : Bad reaction to this year's flu jab | Views : 3671 | Replies : 16

Soooo tired

Is extreme fatigue a precursor to a relapse or is it an issue of its own?
Read more : Soooo tired | Views : 2027 | Replies : 8

Esperanza Peptide

Hello all

I have just joined the board and firstly wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Atheana, I am 46, happily married living in the UK. Dx'd in '95 RR and as is often the case with this obnoxious disease have experienced aggravated symptoms over the years. Mostly what's affected with me is my balance and walking - both of which I can confidently say are crap lol I'm not on ...
Read more : Esperanza Peptide | Views : 4113 | Replies : 17

"Stuffing a marshmallow in a piggy bank"

This quote is from Robby's post in the depression thread. As funny as it is, it is really an apt description of ED that affects us. At 32 years of age ED is especially frustrating for me. My wife and I are going to start trying for our 2nd child, and the idea scares me.

A little background, then my question (and if you are prudish and don't like frank discussions, well, sorry!)...

For about ...
Read more : "Stuffing a marshmallow in a piggy bank" | Views : 2148 | Replies : 3

Cervical/Thoracic w/out Contrast results (m)..

T1, T2 and T2 fat saturation sagittal sequences, and T1 and T2 weighted axial images were obtained.

The vertebrae are normally aligned. The stature of the vertebral bodies is maintained. Disk spaces appear to be preserved. The spinal cord is of normal signal and morphology.

At T7-8 there is is a small right paramedian protrusion of the nucleus polposus which effaces the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and appears to touch the cord. There ...
Read more : Cervical/Thoracic w/out Contrast results (m).. | Views : 1793 | Replies : 1

Blood donation and MS

I know that this question has been asked before so I thought I'd post an answer. According to the newest issue of the NMSS magazine the Red Cross now accepts blood from those dxed with MS since there is no evidence it is trasmitted via blood. It also says that most medications taken for chronic illnesses won't disqualify a donor. Just thought I'd share.
Read more : Blood donation and MS | Views : 1932 | Replies : 3

Anyone else ANA positive?

I was diagnosed several weeks ago with probable ms. I have 25 lesions in the subcortical region, in the periventricular white matter that showed up on my mri. All of my bloodwork is normal, except the ANA, which was positive. My doctor screened for SSA and SSB, but they were negative and Sjorgrens was ruled out. I am still waiting for the titers to come back from the ANA, and was just wondering if anyone ...
Read more : Anyone else ANA positive? | Views : 2864 | Replies : 7

Stem cells abandon sites of injury

One of the most frustrating things about the central nervous system is the fact that it doesn't repair itself like the rest of the body – something stops the normal repair mechanisms from working – and Netrin-1 sounds like it could be involved. It makes stem cells migrate away from the site of injury, but as so often happens it can have completely the opposite function: attracting stem cells into the right positions in the ...
Read more : Stem cells abandon sites of injury | Views : 1263 | Replies : 0

MRI Cervical/Thoracic This AM - Thoughts?

Had my cervical/thoracic MRI this AM. It was ordered "with contrast", however the tech said they may not need the contrast. I said "I thought the contrast made lesions brighter and more noticeable"? She said, "well, if the radiologist feels he has enough info to make a diagnosis, we won't need the contrast". We DID NOT need the contrast. So, this tells me they found lesions? What do you guys think? I have to wait ...
Read more : MRI Cervical/Thoracic This AM - Thoughts? | Views : 2142 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235102 • Total topics 25364 • Total members 16576

Contact us | Terms of Service