It is currently Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:02 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Endocannabinnoids and neuroprotection

There's quite a lot of general background information here, but the upshot of it all seems to be that the neuroprotective effects are useful in diseases like MS:

Public release date: 14-Oct-2007

mechou@cc.huji.ac.il
European College of Neuropsychopharmacology

The endocannabinoids: Functional roles and therapeutic opportunities
Cannabis (marijuana) is the most widely produced plant-based illicit drug worldwide and ...
Read more : Endocannabinnoids and neuroprotection | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0

Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS

Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS

Science Daily — Persons with multiple sclerosis who smoke risk increasing the amount of brain tissue shrinkage, a consequence of MS, and the subsequent severity of their disease, new research conducted at the Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (BNAC) at the University at Buffalo has shown.

link
Read more : Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS | Views : 1397 | Replies : 0

Early Research Into A Treatment For Progressive MS

Thought I'd posted this before, but can't see it now...

Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 01 Oct 2007 - 4:00 PDT

email to a friend printer friendly view / write opinions rate article newsletters

Visitor Ratings:
Healthcare Professional:
General Public:

>> rate this article

Scientists in Scotland may be on the way to discovering the cause of long term disability in people with multiple sclerosis (MS).

New research carried out at the University ...
Read more : Early Research Into A Treatment For Progressive MS | Views : 2240 | Replies : 9

MS that runs in families appears more severe

Out of seven members of my immediate blood family, three have MS,
one has Alzheimer's and two have Huntington's Disease, so perhaps we are good candidates to offer our genes up for study. Here is the first evidence that a familial link increases the likelihood of a more severe form of MS:

Public release date: 12-Oct-2007

ljbaker@buffalo.edu ...
Read more : MS that runs in families appears more severe | Views : 4018 | Replies : 17

Some news about Tysabri

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/ar ... plication/
I don't know how to make the link small
Read more : Some news about Tysabri | Views : 1130 | Replies : 0

Is my disability due to my previous hobbies?

My previous hobbies included running with scissors, playing in traffic, sticking my tongue into the fan blade, and ofcourse playing good cop/bad cop with my ex. My disability is Multiple Sclerosis. Is this why I have MS?
Read more : Is my disability due to my previous hobbies? | Views : 5628 | Replies : 31

How long do you predict for new treatments?

Hi,

I'm aware that there a quite a few drugs currently being trialed for ms.
This is all very exciting i guess but i do wonder how long it will be before we see the next new ms treatment that is superior to what is available now.

I don't understand when things are in stage II or III etc what that actually means in terms of getting possible approval and becoming availabe, will it be ...
Read more : How long do you predict for new treatments? | Views : 1511 | Replies : 2

Medications

Hi,

I was on Rebif for 2 months, but was taken off because of allergic reaction. 1 month later I started Copaxone, but was allergic to that too.

I saw an allergist and my Neuro, no one knows what to do for me next. Apparently Mannitol is in all of the CRAB's and that's what I seem to be allergic to.

Has anyone ever heard allergies to all meds? Do you have any recommendations?

Any ...
Read more : Medications | Views : 1837 | Replies : 5

Employment Issues and Insurance Issues

I am new, but am I missing a heading for these? My wife is the one newly diagnosed and we have a lot of questions and need lots of advice. Thanks!
Read more : Employment Issues and Insurance Issues | Views : 2340 | Replies : 3

Rebif vs Copaxone

I wouldn't say this qualifies as big news, but if anybody is trying to make a choice right now...

Merck KGaA's Rebif, Teva's Copaxone similar-study

Oct 10 (Reuters) - Merck's Rebif multiple-sclerosis drug is not superior to rival Teva's Copaxone, a study obtained by Reuters on Wednesday showed.

"The number of events (relapses) was insufficient to establish a statistically significant difference between the two products, despite a trend advantage for Rebif," the report said.

The ...
Read more : Rebif vs Copaxone | Views : 3095 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234240 • Total topics 25181 • Total members 16398

Contact us | Terms of Service