It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Another research finding

Given that Christmas is coming, the researchers are pushing out the boat to endure they receive their Christmas bonuses.

<shortened url>
Read more : Another research finding | Views : 948 | Replies : 0

hibernation and ms

It seems the colder and more wintery it gets here in NJ, the more time i spend horizontal. Walking w/definite limp of affected leg and tipping over on occasion. Makes me hesitant to go outside because of winter weather. More comfortable horizontal and taking naps. Hot summer weather knocked me out too. Is this normal for ms? Is it forever? I was diagnosed definitely in July, so still a little new at it. On copaxone ...
Read more : hibernation and ms | Views : 1373 | Replies : 2

Tem nets

Hi everybody,
I know my question doesn´t belong to this forum, but maybe somebody can help me.

I´m an europien patient with MS, I don´t spek english as a mother tongue. Today we got in a school Topics for essay writeing( I have one course in English language)

The topic is:
"Team nets
how to work effectively, well and co-operatively
networks of people in teams, crossing traditional boundaries, the co-opetition dynamic, cooperation/competition- intristic in every ...
Read more : Tem nets | Views : 1154 | Replies : 1

Alpha4 intergrin

Some research on Alpha4 integrin. Point to note that guinea pigs were used!

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... _of_a.html
Read more : Alpha4 intergrin | Views : 901 | Replies : 1

Steroids

I'm currently taking my first round of Sol-Medrol. I'm taking 1000mg by IV over a six hour period for three days. (3000 total) My symptoms are mainly stiffness and pain. If anyone has done such a treatment please let me know how you did.
Read more : Steroids | Views : 1500 | Replies : 2

Exercise to ward off neurodegeneration

The article is about Alzheimer's, but mentions the relevance of what they're talking about for neurodegenerative disorders in general.

Beat Alzheimer's with exercise: Study shows how exertion keeps brain cells healthy in mice.

December 2, 2005 - Nature - Exercise helps to flush a toxic molecule from the brain and causes a beneficial one to move in and protect nerve cells, research on mice shows. The discovery might help to explain why staying fit and ...
Read more : Exercise to ward off neurodegeneration | Views : 1146 | Replies : 1

Neuro-protection

At my appointment the other week my neuro said that neuro-protection was the holy grail (I'd say neuro-regeneration was the holy grail).

I've hunted high and low for drugs companies working in this area but the CRAB maunfacturers seem happy to stick with their ineffective and expensive products.

The company which I have highlighted on many occasions (I have no financial interest etc) is Neuren of New Zealand. They have raised some funds which should ...
Read more : Neuro-protection | Views : 1634 | Replies : 8

CERK, inflammation and MS

Yet another potential way to treat MS being looked at.

Enzyme May Be Target for New Anti-inflammatory Compounds

December 1, 2005 - Newswise — Virginia Commonwealth University researchers studying the enzyme that triggers inflammation have found that it may be a target for a new class of anti-inflammatory drugs to treat arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis, lung and colon cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.

In the December issue of the Journal of Lipid Research, researchers examined the ...
Read more : CERK, inflammation and MS | Views : 912 | Replies : 0

Summary of research

I love this time of year. The MS Societies have to justify what they have been doing in terms of research.

The 'progress' made by the research funded by the NMSS is set out in the attached link. The NMSS claims that 'These and other leaps forward have made 2005 a momentous year in the fight against MS'.

Has it been a momentous year? It started badly with the Tysabri fiasco which impaced upon other ...
Read more : Summary of research | Views : 992 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216292 • Total topics 22101 • Total members 13900