It is currently Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:12 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Lhermitte's sign

Hi all

My girlfriend discovered a new friend 4 days ago : a guy named Lhermitte, who's dwelling in her back. I hate this disease, and it seems to hate me too, by worsening so fast.

I have a question about this : if Lhermitte is part of a relapse, may it disappear like other symptoms with remission ? Did some of you experienced Lhermitte's sign going away ?

Thanks
Read more : Lhermitte's sign | Views : 5647 | Replies : 23

Testosterone and sparrows' brains

Here's a bit more evidence for the neuroprotective effect of testosterone – it might seem a bit off the wall to discuss the song-producing bits of a sparrow's brain, but I suppose neurons are neurons!

Public release date: 17-Sep-2007

joels@u.washington.edu
206-543-2580
University of Washington
Cell death in sparrow brains may provide clues in age-related human diseases
A ...
Read more : Testosterone and sparrows' brains | Views : 1191 | Replies : 0

Anybody being treated with antibiotics

I was diagnosed with MS, and recently diagnosed as having Lyme disease (positive western blot).

Is anyone being treated with antibiotics, IV or oral treatments for Lyme and/or MS?

And also if you are being treated with antibiotics, which doctor do you have - Neurologist, Lyme Doctor, General Practitioner?

Also, is your treatment covered by your Insurance?

Please let me know and thanks for your help,

Rob
Read more : Anybody being treated with antibiotics | Views : 2004 | Replies : 6

McAlpine's 4th edition

I thought some of you might find Section 3, chapter 8, heading "THE SPECTRUM OF DISORDERS MIMICKING MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS", subheading "DISEASES THAT MAY CAUSE MULTIPLE LESIONS OF THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AND ALSO OFTEN FOLLOW A RELAPSING-REMITTING COURSE" written by David Miller and Alastair Compston.

Of course the book goes into details of the diseases but I have to type all this so I'm just giving the disease names.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT WHAT ...
Read more : McAlpine's 4th edition | Views : 1294 | Replies : 0

The stomach and enteroviruses

Any one else feel that their MS is somehow related to a history of gastric/intestinal viruses? My husband almost died as an infant, from a virus which left him severely dehydrated. He's since had a "sensitive stomach" -has contracted food poisoning on several occasions, and suffered more than his share of stomach flus. Conversely, he has never had respiratory difficulties- a cold now and then, but not much above the belt.

When he was dx ...
Read more : The stomach and enteroviruses | Views : 2151 | Replies : 13

Oral Meds vs. Injectables...

Hi all,

I'm sure most of us are keeping our fingers crossed for an oral med, instead of the injectables we now use. And since most patents are soon to expire for the meds we now have....

This brings up several questions I think....
1. who will authorize the "switch" to an oral, and

2.if those with no insurance are on an injectable, will they be allowed to switch?

3. What about syringes , ...
Read more : Oral Meds vs. Injectables... | Views : 1465 | Replies : 1

Cellular marker

I don't remember if this was posted already or not.

Cellular Marker For Multiple Sclerosis Discovered

Source: Helmholtz Association
Date: September 1, 2007

Science Daily — In their search for the cellular and molecular causes of multiple sclerosis, an Italian-German research team has identified a subgroup of protective immune cells (suppressor cells) which are strikingly reduced in number in patients with this nervous system disorder.

These suppressor cells are characterized by a specific surface marker, ...
Read more : Cellular marker | Views : 1254 | Replies : 1

Is this optic neuritis?

Hi all-

Lately, I've been feeling a little more "MSish". Some of the stuff is stuff I've had before. But, lately, I also have been feeling an odd sensation around my eyes. It is as if they are a little achy. My vision doesn't seem to get blurry, but I find myself having to make a little extra effort to focus (sorry if that doesn't make sense). FYI...I started a new job recently and my ...
Read more : Is this optic neuritis? | Views : 3778 | Replies : 17

Western Blot Results and Treatment MS now Lyme ???

Hi,

I got the results of my Lyme test and started treatment.

IgeneX Western Blot:
IGM - 28 ++, 31 IND, 39 +, 41+, 58 +, 66 +, 83-93 IND.
IGG - 39 IND, 41 +, 45 +.

I started IV antibiotics (Rocethin or Rocephin???), not sure on spelling. Will be doing this 2hrs 4 days a week with evalluation/testing every 4 weeks. Lyme Doctor said with Lyme Disease the rule is for every year ...
Read more : Western Blot Results and Treatment MS now Lyme ??? | Views : 2135 | Replies : 4

Virtual reality device improves gait in MS

This press-release introduces a new devices to help MS patients improve their gait.

Here you can find the products homepage.
The complete (audio+video) device is available for 1145$.

--Frank
Read more : Virtual reality device improves gait in MS | Views : 2180 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233468 • Total topics 25051 • Total members 16208

Contact us | Terms of Service