It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Relapses and neuro-degeneration

More research suggesting that relapses play a limited role in disability progression. And calls for neuro-protection and repair.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... on_of.html
Read more : Relapses and neuro-degeneration | Views : 2816 | Replies : 17

mri question

hi :)

so i was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago. in the last week, my lhermitte's sign went away. so i'm curious - will the lesion that caused the lhermitte's still show up on the mri, or do lesions go back to looking like healthy tissue between attacks?
Read more : mri question | Views : 2265 | Replies : 13

Dr Calabresi webcast

The NMSS has a webcast today (as part of MS week) featuring Dr Calabresi - 'Repair of MS damage and Protection of the Nervous System'.

Attached is the transcript.

Not too much new stuff but it looks like they are looking at existing drugs which should speed up the work.

Ian

http://skins.broadbandvideo.com/nmss2/2 ... script.pdf
Read more : Dr Calabresi webcast | Views : 1176 | Replies : 5

IV steroids and immunosuppression

I had a round of IV steroids in December 2005. The steroids didn't really help but they appear to have left me with some big problems. Apparently, they suppressed my immune system to a point that my digestive tract has been overrun by an infection that it can't seem to fight off. For weeks I have suffered symptoms like severe pain and bloating every time I tried to eat. The pain at times was so ...
Read more : IV steroids and immunosuppression | Views : 1202 | Replies : 1

Wondering if this is true

I was just on another site and a poster claimed that Rebif was implicated in a death from PML in 2005. Anyone know anything about this? Seems strange that this could have been kept quiet so I'm a little suspicious. No one on the other site has responded so I don't think it could have been reported in any widely read media. I checked around and couldn't find anything. Definitely got my attention since I'll ...
Read more : Wondering if this is true | Views : 1562 | Replies : 4

To CRAB or Not to CRAB

Just had an evaluation by a new neuro and he dx'd me as SPMS I think based on the length of time I seem to have had the disease. I never seemed to have had an RR form of the disease. I had a bout of ON in 1985 that eventually resolved and have not had a recurrence of that. The results of the LP at that time had some very strong indicators of MS ...
Read more : To CRAB or Not to CRAB | Views : 1991 | Replies : 10

High Blood Pressure

Not being certain where to put this or even certain that that it should be put at all I chose here.

Over on www.CPn Help.org there is an amazing thing happening. With four of us, though not all with MS, some very high blood pressures are dropping to normal. One if these was 200/120 and after only 2 months on abx it has dropped to 150/104.

Rica
Read more : High Blood Pressure | Views : 971 | Replies : 0

neuropathic pain

My wife was dxd 6 years ago. For the last 3 years she has had chronic nerve pain (aching, burning, sensitivity, etc.) down one leg or the other (never both) to the toes. It's almost always there at some level, but can be fired up immediately by certain activities or positions (sitting, bending forward, etc.) that are typical for someone with a back/pelvic injury or instability. Every single diagnostic test (including 10 MRI's of lumbar ...
Read more : neuropathic pain | Views : 9538 | Replies : 19

MS awareness week

Dear all,

Next week is MS awareness week in the US. I personally find these events (and similar awareness days / weeks in the UK) about as useful a a broken wristwatch.

However, there are two webcasts which look interesting.

(i) 13.3 "Repairing MS Damage and Protecting The Nervous System" - Dr Peter Calabresi.

(ii) 17.3 "Discovering Better treatments for MS Today and Tomorrow" - Dr Larry Steinman.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/awareness.asp ...
Read more : MS awareness week | Views : 1003 | Replies : 1

Immersive Resort for MS/physical-therapy...?

Does anyone know of a resort environment anywhere that specializes in immersive physical therapy, nutrition, etc. for individuals with disabilities and/or MS specifically? I've been searching online but haven't found anything. I'm especially looking for something in US, Canada, or Mexico.

Thanks so much for any tips!!

-- Paul
Read more : Immersive Resort for MS/physical-therapy...? | Views : 1179 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218639 • Total topics 22527 • Total members 14175