It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:39 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

What's normal???

John had one bout in 1998 of optic neuritis and then up to 2004 he had mini symptoms that no one ever connected to MS. His last main bout was Aug 2004 when he went lame and had pins and needles. That corrected in June of 2005. I'm knocking on wood as I write this :D but since 2004 we have really had nothing other than ...
Read more : What's normal??? | Views : 1705 | Replies : 5

Psychiatric Conditions Other Than

Psychiatric Conditions Other Than Depression Common in Multiple Sclerosis Patients: Presented at ENS
Sleep disorders occurred in 82% of the patients. Significant obsessive-compulsive symptoms were seen in 75%, and 67% had some form of eating disorder.

Depression was present in 61%, so it exceeded many experts' estimates even if it was not the most common single condition in this study, Dr. Pires-Baranta said. Anxiety occurred in 43% and 57% of patients had somatization symptoms. ...
Read more : Psychiatric Conditions Other Than | Views : 1926 | Replies : 12

Article from Psychology/Psychiatry News

An article on the need for new treatments for cognitive disorders in MS and other neurological disorders .

Drug Therapies For Cognitive Disorders - Rehabilitating The Brain
This Article
Also Appears In
Neurology / NeuroscienceParkinson's DiseaseMultiple Sclerosis

Main Category: Psychology / Psychiatry News
Article Date: 02 Jun 2006 - 22:00pm (PDT)

Cognitive disorders, such as Parkinson's disease (PD), multiple sclerosis (MS), various dementias, epilepsy, vascular disorders and traumatic brain injuries (TBI), exert a heavy burden ...
Read more : Article from Psychology/Psychiatry News | Views : 852 | Replies : 1

Attn: Females, please give advise on Amenorrhea & MS

Hello//

I have been experiencing Amenorrhea (no menstrual period) for a few months and I am very curious to know if MS has anything to fo with it. I know Im not preganant, but dont know what to think, any advise would be greatly appreciated... :(
Read more : Attn: Females, please give advise on Amenorrhea & MS | Views : 1453 | Replies : 4

Temporary Demyelinating Diseases?

oo
Read more : Temporary Demyelinating Diseases? | Views : 1563 | Replies : 9

Could this cause MS?

Could the us of EPehdra, Red Bull, or any of those stimulants/supplements, used over a long period of time, cause MS?
Read more : Could this cause MS? | Views : 1496 | Replies : 2

Celebrities w/ MS

Hello
I have been looking up celebrities with MS and was able to find, Jaquelin DuPre, Richard Pryor, and Terri Garr. Jaquelin was a very long time ago, but Richard Pryor had only been Dx w/ MS for 15-19 years when he died. Was it the MS or was it his freebasing cocaine habit?
Things like this scare me a lot.

Worried...
Read more : Celebrities w/ MS | Views : 2217 | Replies : 11

Story about the PLoS

Interesting article about the guy behind the Public Library of Science.

Free Radical

June 2006 - Wired - an excerpt

He calmly lays out his campaign. For centuries, journals have been the means both of disseminating scientific knowledge and building scientific careers. Accordingly, the journals atop the hierarchy draw the highest-quality submissions, which reinforces their lofty reputations, which in turn enhances the status of the scientists who publish there. This positive feedback loop puts the ...
Read more : Story about the PLoS | Views : 733 | Replies : 0

o

oo
Read more : o | Views : 1610 | Replies : 14

Genes

Dear all,

It is generally accepted that MS is a result of genetic susceptibility and an environmental trigger (perhaps a virus). At the EBV Think Tank I attended, Professor George Ebers talked about his work on identifying the genes involved in MS. I was still confused by the relative importance of the susceptibility genes and the environmental trigger, as a recent study of childhood MS in Canada suggested that the environmental factor was more important. ...
Read more : Genes | Views : 1322 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220833 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service