It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:27 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

overwhelming

just wanted to send this question out to u guys and hopefully i wont be crazy...but this morning i woke up and seemed like i felt mentallly fine..have held up fairly well for still not knowing what is going on and all..but i all of a sudden got the feeling when i got to work and started working a hoorrible feeling of panic and sadness...panic of what will i do with the boys and stuff ...
Read more : overwhelming | Views : 2045 | Replies : 8

Moving the treatment goalposts

Here is a link to neurologists who met in Australia. It contains lots of video clips which I can't be bothered to watch at the moment. Would be grateful if someone could tell me what the upshot was?

Bromley

http://www.msaustralia.org.au/publications/video.html
Read more : Moving the treatment goalposts | Views : 2524 | Replies : 13

Cannabis

Read more : Cannabis | Views : 887 | Replies : 0

Watching the immune system at work

This looks very promising...

PET Imaging Reveals the Immune System at Work

For clinicians, the ability to look routinely inside the body and see — at the level of the cell — how it confronts disease is a distant dream.

But in a series of experiments with genetically engineered mice, a team of researchers from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) at the University of California Los Angeles has taken a key step toward realizing ...
Read more : Watching the immune system at work | Views : 828 | Replies : 0

Copaxone and neuro protection

The four CRAB drugs reduce, on average, relapses by 30%.

However, it is now recognised that damage to axons is the real problem leading to permanent disability. In addition to treatments that reduce relapses, neuro-protective agents are required to protect axons.

This research suggests that Copaxone also has a neuro-protective effect. Some time ago I posted a video featuring Dr Gavin Giovannoni of the Institute of Neurology in London. He ran through the CRAB drugs ...
Read more : Copaxone and neuro protection | Views : 1140 | Replies : 3

viruses

These two research papers illustrate everything that is wrong with MS research. They examine different viruses but I can't understand why they did it or what they found. EBV seems to crop up again and again as a possible cause / trigger for MS. But these researchers never arrive at any clear conclusions - words such as 'suggest' etc etc - which then allows another researcher to have another look at a later date and ...
Read more : viruses | Views : 894 | Replies : 0

New cause of demyelination?

This is a very interesting article on what some researchers have discovered in looking at the breakdown of myelin. It supports the thinking by some MS researchers that MS's original cause is not auto-immune and that the immune system is only reacting to the inflammation caused when myelin breaks down.

Harry

Breakdown of Myelin Insulation in Brain’s Wiring Implicated in Childhood Developmental Disorders, Addiction

Date: November 14, 2005
Read more : New cause of demyelination? | Views : 862 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216695 • Total topics 22136 • Total members 13920