It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Neuralgias

Hi, I haven't posted much on this website but I love browsing around. For those of you who don't know me I don't have MS but a very good friend of mine has chronic progressive, he is now bedridden, paralyzed from the neck down because of this disabling disease. He is fed through a tube into his jejunum (small intestine) and experiences extreme acid indigestion between the hours of 3-4 and 7-8 in the afternoon ...
Read more : Neuralgias | Views : 1565 | Replies : 6

NeuroVaxâ„¢

Treating Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a condition that affects the central nervous system (the nerves in the brain and spinal cord). The "electrical" conduit in the central nervous system is a delicate network of nerve fibers. The nerve fibers are surrounded by a layer of fatty tissue, called myelin, which protects the nerve fibers and helps them conduct electrical impulses.

In patients with MS, some areas of the protective myelin are ...
Read more : NeuroVaxâ„¢ | Views : 978 | Replies : 1

Stem cells tissue

Dear all,

Earlier this week one of the UK's most respected scientists said that he thought that the future use of stem cells to cure diseases had been over-hyped. This is disspointing if true as stem cells might offer hope for those with degenerative diseases such as MS. However, the following article suggests that the use of stems cells for tissue replacement etc might not be far away and substantial funding is being provided to ...
Read more : Stem cells tissue | Views : 896 | Replies : 0

Travel

HI! I'm an EDSS about 5.5 self score: limited walking etc, use a cane, can go about the length of a football field on my feet. My grandbaby was sick and I HAD to go, so went to virginia to see him in April. I had to use a chair in the airport...those places are so huge! I'm on abx you can see my regimens entry as I started recently.

What I would like to ...
Read more : Travel | Views : 862 | Replies : 1

solumedrol problems

what are all the side affects of this med dr recently started me on it since i have been feeling all out of wack. moody, aggitated, anger easy don't give a s... attitude could care less. how long does this stay with aperson, makes me wonder if this will be worth continuing i'm scared hate the way i feel on this/
Read more : solumedrol problems | Views : 2031 | Replies : 6

more steroid needed?

I am new to this forum and DX with ms about 3 years ago. Currently, having sensation, numbness problems from my waist down. My feet feel like they are petrifying. My neuro prescribed prednisone 500mg for four days but has had no effect. Also prescribed clonazepam for the burning symptoms. Has anyone out there had this? Should I be asking for a stronger steroid? I am concerned about treating the symptoms rather than trying to ...
Read more : more steroid needed? | Views : 1174 | Replies : 1

anti-oxidants etc

Dear all,

This research should be of interest to all those interested in anti-oxidants and MS.

Bromley

http://www.msif.org/goexternal.rm?id=3022
Read more : anti-oxidants etc | Views : 1733 | Replies : 4

I'm scared...

It's September, my left leg is not responding the way it should.
I'm afraid of another attack. More prednisone, more solumedrol....
I don't want it... I have a good job, a great family, if only I could just stay the way I was 2 weeks ago. I don't want to loose all this...
There are stressors in my life but I am handling them. Feel more tired so I sleep more and make sure I ...
Read more : I'm scared... | Views : 2210 | Replies : 14

Molecular switch that activates myelin production identified

This should prove to be a pretty important discovery.

Scientists Discover the Molecular Switch for Nerve Cells’ Insulating Jelly Rolls

Aug. 31 - Scientists at New York University School of Medicine report in a new study that they have identified the molecular switch that turns on the production of myelin, the fatty insulation around nerve cells that ensures swift and efficient communication in the nervous system. The study, published in the September 1, 2005, issue ...
Read more : Molecular switch that activates myelin production identified | Views : 1027 | Replies : 1

Myelin Repair Foundation

Dear MRF Supporters,

We wanted to let you know that we currently have an opening for a Development Director as well as various volunteer positions at the Myelin Repair Foundation. As a staff member or volunteer, you will be part of a pioneering team of highly-motivated professionals working hard to develop treatments for individuals with multiple sclerosis in the shortest timeframe possible. Please visit: http://www.myelinrepair.org/volunteer.html for more details and ...
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 996 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216596 • Total topics 22130 • Total members 13918