It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:22 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Anti-bodies

In my view, some of the research that holds most promise is the research on tissue from MS sufferers. A talk by the UK MS Tissue Bank is taking place next week (I can't attend but will try to get hold of the material or see what is posted on the UK MS website). I'm particularly interested in the third element of the presentation - the antibodies produced within the CNS. If such anti-bodies were ...
Read more : Anti-bodies | Views : 951 | Replies : 0

Hormones and pregnancy

A nice story - although it also shows what a vile disease this is.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j494245796&w=464753
Read more : Hormones and pregnancy | Views : 946 | Replies : 1

Spoke to the MS nurse today

She is coming on Wednesday next week to help me with my first Rebif injection. Seems like it took forever to get to this point. (actually it was about a month and a half) I have been so anxious to get this over with so I don't have to worry anymore about how I will react. I hope it goes good and I don't have too bad of a reaction. I am excited and nauseous ...
Read more : Spoke to the MS nurse today | Views : 1195 | Replies : 3

Can you recommend DR in San Francisco??

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone in SF (or area) could recommend a general physician or neuro or clinic with whom they've had good experience and communication. I moved down here, I seem to be doing worse, I'd like to discuss treatment options. I realize its asking the impossible, but maybe someone who can discuss if not alternatives to CRABS then at least complements to CRABs (like, copaxone + minocycline, or copaxone + LDN). ...
Read more : Can you recommend DR in San Francisco?? | Views : 994 | Replies : 3

optic nerosis

in the last 2 months i have had problems with my vision. my nero wants to start rebif asap. i am scared and confused. i only have one lesion on my spine and 3 possible areas on my brain. i wanted to have another child but docs think i need meds quick because my system is so hot. what to do, any advice
Read more : optic nerosis | Views : 1074 | Replies : 1

pregnancy and rebif/ avonex

i have optic nerosis... my spinal tap showed 5 bands, my nero wants to start rebif or avonex asap....... I wanted to have children in the future. Is it safe to go on and off ms drugs? is it safe to try to have children when you have ms
Read more : pregnancy and rebif/ avonex | Views : 1178 | Replies : 1

msdialogue "Anatomy of MS"

For those of whom who do not subscribe to mswatch.ca; they produce a booklet every 4 months called the "msdialogue" which cover various MS topics including research, strategies, people, etc. I find them informative and would recommend the read.

Here is the link to this most current booklet "Anatomy of MS" (it's a pdf):
http://www.mswatch.ca/ContentRoot/Educa ... JAN.31.pdf

Here's the link to all of the past publications and other articles: ...
Read more : msdialogue "Anatomy of MS" | Views : 952 | Replies : 0

homocysteine - i'll show u mine....

hi :D ne1 out there know their homocysteine level? i read a study that said the mean level in the ms group was around 13 mumol/l, and the mean for healthy controls was 10. a figure showed that max and min for each group was only about +/-2 around the mean. my hcy is 6. don't know what's up with that, so looking for comparisons amongst ...
Read more : homocysteine - i'll show u mine.... | Views : 1290 | Replies : 2

Antibiotics caused MS?

The woman in the article claims that taking antibiotics "triggered" her to get MS.

Antibiotics led me to become blind and crippled

Mar 20 2006

A GRANDMOTHER who believes she developed multiple sclerosis after taking antibiotics for a sore throat has urged fellow sufferers not to give up hope of a cure.

Reading-born Sue Moore, 57, claims prescription drugs caused a surplus of yeast - called candida or candida albicans - in her body. That, ...
Read more : Antibiotics caused MS? | Views : 1404 | Replies : 3

Will You Share Your Relationship Experiences?

I've been asked to write an article for the LDN Research Trust Newsletter on how MS impacts relationships. I'd like to cover it from both the person with MS's perspective and from the perspective of someone in a relationship with someone with MS.

I have my own experience and that of a few friends, but I'd love to hear from others who are willing to share the troubles MS has caused them in relationships as ...
Read more : Will You Share Your Relationship Experiences? | Views : 1477 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220744 • Total topics 22868 • Total members 14440

Contact us | Terms of Service