It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:10 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Potential therapy for spasticity

Public release date: 16-Oct-2007

ddkain@ucsd.edu
619-543-6163
University of California - San Diego

UCSD findings could lead to new therapy for spinal cord injury-induced spasticity and rigidity
Research led by scientists at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine has identified a target with potential as an effective new therapy for chronic spasticity and rigidity, ...
Read more : Potential therapy for spasticity | Views : 2198 | Replies : 8

Question about minocycline

How long does it take for minocycline to start working (when talking about ms and not acne :wink: )?

I’m sure this has already been discussed before but I am in the middle of a relapse right now and I really don’t feel that good!
Read more : Question about minocycline | Views : 2868 | Replies : 11

Possible new role for blood in the brain

This seems like a bizarre idea and a completely different view on how the brain might work, but a new twist in thinking might be just what we need:

Public release date: 15-Oct-2007

thomson@mit.edu
617-258-5402
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT: blood may help us think
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--MIT scientists propose that blood may help us think, in addition ...
Read more : Possible new role for blood in the brain | Views : 2199 | Replies : 1

Biogen is up for sale

Here's some recent news on Biogen. Apparently, their board of directors is considering putting the company up for sale.

Biogen's management gets OK to consider sale

Biogen IDEC Issues Statement

NHE
Read more : Biogen is up for sale | Views : 1861 | Replies : 0

Gene variants linked to MS

Three gene variants have been found to correlate with susceptibility to multiple sclerosis, according to findings of the International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium (IMSGC) presented here at the 132nd Annual Meeting of the American Neurological Association (ANA).

Variants of interleukin 2RA, interleukin 7RA and CD58 were found to correlate with multiple sclerosis in a whole genome analysis that included about 4,500 participants. "The same finding has been reported in two other papers as well," noted ...
Read more : Gene variants linked to MS | Views : 2306 | Replies : 7

Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS

Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS

Science Daily — Persons with multiple sclerosis who smoke risk increasing the amount of brain tissue shrinkage, a consequence of MS, and the subsequent severity of their disease, new research conducted at the Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (BNAC) at the University at Buffalo has shown.

link
Read more : Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS | Views : 1437 | Replies : 0

Early Research Into A Treatment For Progressive MS

Thought I'd posted this before, but can't see it now...

Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 01 Oct 2007 - 4:00 PDT

email to a friend printer friendly view / write opinions rate article newsletters

Visitor Ratings:
Healthcare Professional:
General Public:

>> rate this article

Scientists in Scotland may be on the way to discovering the cause of long term disability in people with multiple sclerosis (MS).

New research carried out at the University ...
Read more : Early Research Into A Treatment For Progressive MS | Views : 2319 | Replies : 9

MS that runs in families appears more severe

Out of seven members of my immediate blood family, three have MS,
one has Alzheimer's and two have Huntington's Disease, so perhaps we are good candidates to offer our genes up for study. Here is the first evidence that a familial link increases the likelihood of a more severe form of MS:

Public release date: 12-Oct-2007

ljbaker@buffalo.edu ...
Read more : MS that runs in families appears more severe | Views : 4127 | Replies : 17

Some news about Tysabri

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/ar ... plication/
I don't know how to make the link small
Read more : Some news about Tysabri | Views : 1157 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238578 • Total topics 25986 • Total members 17250

Contact us | Terms of Service