It is currently Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:47 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Evidence of link between exposure to aluminium and MS

Is this, as they allude to in the article, the environmental link?

Evidence of link between exposure to aluminium and multiple sclerosis
Medical Research News
Published: Thursday, 16-Feb-2006

Scientists at Keele University in Staffordshire have discovered the first evidence of a link between human exposure to aluminium and multiple sclerosis.

Their research has demonstrated very high (up to 40 times the control level) urinary excretion of aluminium in MS, particularly so in the relapsing-remitting form ...
Read more : Evidence of link between exposure to aluminium and MS | Views : 3293 | Replies : 18

fear of politics

Hi everybody who are reading this piece.

I live in czech republic and I am realy frightned decisions of contemporary government. Minister of health startet to do realy unique things. He wants to save money in health resource. There are problems with CRAB wchich weren´t before, new patients are not cured. And patients who already had CRAB are afraid of not getting other.

New is, that he wants also economize on spas and so on. ...
Read more : fear of politics | Views : 1208 | Replies : 1

new mouse

They may not be able to cure this disease but they're very good at developing new mouse models.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j467570809&w=464753
Read more : new mouse | Views : 929 | Replies : 0

Related to Quitting Smoking not directly to MS

We received this from Kevin the site owner off woofmang which is a stop smoking support group I joined when John and I Quit smoking in 2004. Normally I wouldn't post it but thought some people might like to check it out if they are Quitting Smoking. Hope this isn't considered peddling anything and no I can't be a participant as I Quit Aug of 2004 so don't meet the criteria.

Posted: February 14, 2006 ...
Read more : Related to Quitting Smoking not directly to MS | Views : 1120 | Replies : 0

reducing postpartum exacerbations

Can anyone lead me to the latest on what, if anything, can be done to lessen the likelihood of an exacerbation after giving birth?

I found this article about a trial of intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) given at time of delivery, but it's from 2001:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/413713

And this from the NMSS:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/IMSApr03-MainEvent.asp

Mentions "an encouraging preliminary study on the use of IV immunoglobulin ...
Read more : reducing postpartum exacerbations | Views : 1336 | Replies : 2

relieving dizziness

I've been having dizzy spells for years. Used to be, they'd come on for a few seconds, then pass, so I didn't worry about them. I assumed everyone had them.

In the past year (since my diagnosis) they became worse, almost to the point that I couldn't function. I'd wake up feeling fine for a few minutes, and then as I started to move around doing normal activity, the wooziness would set in again. I ...
Read more : relieving dizziness | Views : 1261 | Replies : 0

Oral drugs

Here's a summary of some of the oral drugs in the pipeline.

Is an Oral Disease-Modifying Drug on the Horizon? 14 February 2006

For over a decade now, we have had the benefit of PDA-approved disease-modifying drugs: the beta interferons (Betaseron, Avonex, and Rebif), glatiramer acetate (Copaxone), and, more recently, mitoxantrone (Novantrone). All are injected-under the skin, into muscle, or into a vein. Natalizumab (Tysabri), which is currently under a new FDA review, is also ...
Read more : Oral drugs | Views : 1221 | Replies : 3

Interferons

Here is some research on the beta-interferons.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... _with.html

More importantly, I met Jaded today and treated her to lunch (nothing to do with Valentines day tomorrow - I'm very happily married and just a generous kind of guy). Last month I met Raven and treated him to a coffee (another example of my generosity). It's really nice to put a face to the posters on this site. ...
Read more : Interferons | Views : 1024 | Replies : 1

I removed my post

I removed my post
Read more : I removed my post | Views : 1110 | Replies : 2

Axonal protection

Dear all,

It is now generally accepted that the loss of / damage to axons is the cause of permanent disability in MS. The drugs companies have focused primarily on therapies to reduce relapses / inflammation. Thankfully, there are academic researchers looking into other therapies. Attached is a summary of work being done by Professor Ken Smith in the UK on axonal protection. He says his work has identified a therapy to slow axonal degenration ...
Read more : Axonal protection | Views : 1788 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223354 • Total topics 23221 • Total members 14697

Contact us | Terms of Service