It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:33 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Cari Loder

:) Hi,

I once read a book,written by Cari Loder in 1997,title:"Standing in the light",about ms.

Cari Loder found a medicine she developed herself,thinking it was the solution for ms.

Unfortunately,it wasnt.

Is there anyone who ever heard of Cari Loder,I wonder very much how she is doing.

At the time she wrote her book she lived in England.

I wrote already to the BBC,because she was ...
Read more : Cari Loder | Views : 1563 | Replies : 1

A good book

I'm reading Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future (2001) from the US Institute of Medicine (IOM)
Available freely online at
http://books.nap.edu/books/0309072859/html/index.html

Check it out if you haven't already and have otherwise run out of web based info to occupy your mind with :D

Jeremy
Read more : A good book | Views : 1469 | Replies : 1

Blood Test May Diagnose MS

FYI: Apparently there's been some progress in development of a simple blood test to check for "markers for" MS.

This could be a source of real hope for those of you who've been frustrated by MRI and/or LP results that were inconclusive, negative or somehow equivocal.

The link to coverage of this by BBC-News is below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4346747.stm
Read more : Blood Test May Diagnose MS | Views : 1889 | Replies : 4

PML / Tysabri questions

Dear all,

PML is apparently a rare disease - 'The disorder, which is caused by a common human polyomavirus, JC virus, is characterized by demyelination or destruction of the myelin sheath that covers nerve cells. The myelin sheath is the fatty covering — which acts as an insulator — on nerve fibers in the brain. Symptoms of PML include mental deterioration, vision loss, speech disturbances, ataxia (inability to coordinate movements), paralysis, and, ultimately, coma reflecting ...
Read more : PML / Tysabri questions | Views : 1317 | Replies : 0

lawsuit and MS

i'm loking for caselaw abiout persons with ms who have sued employers under ADA. (especially public safety people fire,police and EMS)

thanks

jim
Read more : lawsuit and MS | Views : 1251 | Replies : 1

medical malpractice

Is anyone aware of a successful medical malpractice action against a neurologist for failure to timely diagnose and treat multiple sclerosis?
Read more : medical malpractice | Views : 4587 | Replies : 21

Interesting blog about antidepressants and neuronal repair

This blog is interesting...and seems to be right up Deb's alley...

March 09, 2005
Rewiring the Brain?

Just how do antidepressant drugs work? The answer you get (and the confidence with which it's delivered) will vary according to the experience of the person giving it: the more experienced and knowledgeable they are, the more tentative and uncertain the answer. I worked on central nervous system drugs for eight years, and I can confidently state that ...
Read more : Interesting blog about antidepressants and neuronal repair | Views : 1366 | Replies : 1

Cladribine (Mylinax)

From what I can tell, Serono is about to put cladribine (called Mylinax) into phase III clinical trials for treatment of multiple sclerosis.

For those who are interested in becoming participants in the trial, (you know me), I just wanted to issue another short and quick "caution" is all.

Just research carefully.

Remember, it is thought by some that the EBV virus is or may be contributory ITSELF to causation of MS. Let me post ...
Read more : Cladribine (Mylinax) | Views : 1366 | Replies : 0

remyelination

Hi All -

I've been wondering about remyelination and thinking that some of you might have some insights. I am particularly interested now because my latest MRIs showed a decrease in lesion load. I was not on any conventional medication that could have contributed to that outcome (and given issues with my liver and the Tysabri mess, it seems unlikely I will be any time soon). I understand that spontaneous myelin repair is not unheard ...
Read more : remyelination | Views : 1681 | Replies : 4

Saw my first commercial

Today, March 9th, 2005 I saw for the first time, a Multiple Sclerosis Awareness walk-a-thon commercial! 9 days into the month!

The thing that gets me is that Breast Cancer advertisements run every other commercial! I have no quarrels with Breast Cancer and I applaud the way they advertise to make people aware of it and of their fund raising efforts!

I do not think MS gets the attention it deserves! And it affects a ...
Read more : Saw my first commercial | Views : 1712 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221751 • Total topics 23025 • Total members 14547

Contact us | Terms of Service