It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:35 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Loobies Mom

Hi, I'm Nell, Loobies Mom. Many of you probably know Lewis as he tells me he has communicated through this site many times. He has asked me to be his advocate and I, of course, agreed with much enthusiasm. It feels very good to be able to do something really constructive. I have raised money, cried, prayed, and hoped beyond hope that everything he tried would work miracles. It's tough being the Mom of an ...
Read more : Loobies Mom | Views : 1734 | Replies : 11

New to this site

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I'm 28 and was diagnosed in October on 2007. I knew what was wrong before doctors would confirm. It took a month to get that confirmation. I was already on to dealing with it.

Anyway, I have a 2.5 year old son, am married, haven't had a relapse and am on Copaxone. We are thinking of having another baby. Any encouragement or any advise? My next neuro appointment ...
Read more : New to this site | Views : 1261 | Replies : 3

hi im new and need some answers

HI IM 29,im trying to figure out if i have MS.Ive recently,been having my right side fall asleep or have the tingling numbness in my foot really bad!!Ive also exprienced Lhermittes sign in nov.2007and after that i had acute hyperthyrodism,in 2008 after april alot of the symptoms went away but i was left with anxiety disorder now.Ive been seeing the same doctor and now have been expriencing alot of numbness now in my right side ...
Read more : hi im new and need some answers | Views : 1869 | Replies : 12

Greetings from DE/PA

Hello everyone. I just joined this site in the hopes of getting some sort of help and support. I don't personally have MS, but my mother does, and she doesn't have computer/internet access, so I'm here "in place" of her. I hope that's OK.

I don't have all the details, as talking about her problems to her own son isn't something she enjoys doing (or does well without tears), but here's a brief history:

Many ...
Read more : Greetings from DE/PA | Views : 1166 | Replies : 5

Hi from Cali

Hello - I just found this site and thought I would check it out.

I've been dx'd w/RRMS since July of 03; according to my Neuro - he believes I had episodes dating back to 1994.

I spent a few years with 'mysterious' symptoms that would appear and disappear and the docs could never figure it out. Some of the possible dx were Petite Mal Seizures, Tendonitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, sore muscles, stress and I'm sure ...
Read more : Hi from Cali | Views : 1288 | Replies : 3

Running out of options - could use some advice!

New to this forum - diagnosed nearlly 8 yrs ago - relasping/remitting... progressing...
Avonex, Copaxone, Beta Seron, & Rebiff slowed things done some - but the side effects were not tolerable. Still pulsing IV solumedrol but it's not as effective as it used to be...
Need to make a change but am terrified of the options - 1)Chemo or 2) Tysabri...

I am at home now (on disability) with a 2 yr old... looking for ...
Read more : Running out of options - could use some advice! | Views : 3336 | Replies : 21

A Caregivers' perspective

It was July of 2006 when I found my wife unable to move and in need of immediate medical attention. I had to carry her to the living room and call 911.

We weren't sure if it was a stroke or what had happened.

The Neurologists were called in and the initial diagnosis was Guillone Barré.

Various treatments were given, including a Plasma replacement treatment that she "bottomed out" on, and after a number of ...
Read more : A Caregivers' perspective | Views : 1418 | Replies : 12

New but trying to adjust...

Hi I am a new patient dx...As of Feburary 3rd. I start my tx about a month ago...I am doing better with it than I thought I would the thought of giving my self a shot everyday was horrible to me. I have over came that fear and now I am just trying to live my life as normal as I can, which is easier said than done. I am tired all of the time, ...
Read more : New but trying to adjust... | Views : 1115 | Replies : 2

Uncertain - Please Help?

Hi, folks.
I haven't been officially diagnosed with MS, but under the circumstances, I am starting to believe that I have it. I've been going to a neurologist for 5 months and he hasn't been able to figure out what is wrong.

I've been doing a lot of reading and from the looks of it, some people with MS can go undiagnosed, or misdiagnosed for a while. I guess I just want someone else's opinion. ...
Read more : Uncertain - Please Help? | Views : 3944 | Replies : 29

50% Anger, 50% Denial

I'm a 41 year old female with a wonderfully supportive husband and teenage son. I was diagnosed in Jan of this year after being blindsided (pun intended) by ON. Yeah, I'd heard of MS (it was the one I always got mixed up with MD) but I didn't know the first thing about it.
In February (when I could finally read a paragraph in under 2 minutes), I found this forum and I thought "no, ...
Read more : 50% Anger, 50% Denial | Views : 1459 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235142 • Total topics 25375 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service