It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

New Here. Diagnosed MS, LYME, and CPN

Hello, I was Diagnosed with MS about 5 years ago after 2 bouts of Optic Nueritus. I also tested positive for Lyme. The Drs here in Oregon would not treat Lyme. After the CDC got my 3rd positive lyme test in the mail they made my nuero give me 30 days Doxy, I could tell it was doing something. My PCP decided to keep me on it since i so believed I had Lyme also. ...
Read more : New Here. Diagnosed MS, LYME, and CPN | Views : 1690 | Replies : 5

New to the forum

My name is Kay and I'm a 28 yo f, married, from Massachusetts. I have 3 cats, much to the dismay of my husband. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2008 and have been injecting Rebif since.

I've had ongoing sensory and gait problems since July of last year. I had 3 days of IVSM in August, October, and February. My symptoms subsided after the 1st 2 treatments only to return a couple months ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 3295 | Replies : 26

Worried about possible MS Symptoms

Hi all,

Came across this site after doing some research on MS and decided to post my symptoms and thoughts.

Firstly, a little about myself, male, 41YO, to date never had any pressing health issues, apart from a kidney stone a couple of years.

Right my symptoms, about a year ago I started to get a sensation of something caught in my throat when I swallowed, some days it was there, some days it wasn’t, ...
Read more : Worried about possible MS Symptoms | Views : 2039 | Replies : 2

Greetings from Ottawa

Hello All,

I'm currently undergoing diagnosis in Ottawa. My experience so far seems very alien to what I'm reading. If anything I feel a bit railroaded at the moment.
Having longstanding depression and fibromyalgia I've discounted symptoms that it seems I should have been paying attention to. I had some sort of event in May that knocked the stuffing out of me. Vomiting, staggering, vision issues, tremendous weakness, extreme exhaustion, confusion, concentration issues. I was ...
Read more : Greetings from Ottawa | Views : 1668 | Replies : 10

Neither fresh nor too old, calling from Germany

Hi there,
thanks for your site and the forums, which are one of the most valuable MS sources on the web with lots of expertise and eloquency. Since I'm running a German MS news site called www.ms-reporter.de, I stopped by several times before to look for certain details.
Now, the CCSVI threads lead me to a new level of usage, and so I'm de-lurking and registered today.
For myself, dxed in 1999, using Copaxone since ...
Read more : Neither fresh nor too old, calling from Germany | Views : 1611 | Replies : 4

New and ready to learn

Hello everyone. I stumbled on this site and already i am grateful that I did. Everyone seems very welcoming and knowledgable on the subject. I hope to learn more from everyone and hopefully get a grip on this MS stuff. I'm newly diagnosed.
Read more : New and ready to learn | Views : 1454 | Replies : 2

Old MSer - New to This is MS

I don't know how I could have been all these years on the Net, always surfing for interesting MS sites and still missed this one!
I've been lurking a couple of months now and I've been quite impressed with the knowledgeable posts.
But first to introduce myself: I am female, 53 y.o., married, dx'd in 1989 but by retroactive admission, I have had MS since 1974. By the time I was dx'd, I had already ...
Read more : Old MSer - New to This is MS | Views : 1881 | Replies : 11

recently diagnosed with PPMS

Hi all!

I am a 33 year old man who was diagnosed with PPMS in March after finally finding a GP that would send me to a neuro. Bowel and bladder symptoms began 4 years ago after an anxiety attack, GP diagnosed chronic stress. Fatigue progressed, bowels stabilized, urinary issues worsened, sexual dysfunction crept in. Visited several doctors over the past two years and kept getting the same response. Legs went numb in January and ...
Read more : recently diagnosed with PPMS | Views : 1802 | Replies : 5

SPMS - What do I do?

I am a 32 year old, female diagnosed 5 days ago w/ Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis.
Dr gave me 4 meds to choose from & told me to talk to my insurance & decide which I would prefer - Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif or Copaxone.
Coincidentally, in checking w Aetna, these are the only 4 MS meds my plan covers. I had decided to go with Copaxone because the minimal side effects.
BUT, this morning I ...
Read more : SPMS - What do I do? | Views : 1685 | Replies : 9

new and ready for info

Hi there!
I am 30 years young and was diagnosed with MS in December 2008. My diagnosis came as a shock to me. I had been hurt at work in Feb 2008 and during a rehab program that I was paticipating in(May 2008) They discovered that I had some unusual weakness in my left thumb. I had never noticed it before and to this day dont notice it. Then I had two weeks of vertigo ...
Read more : new and ready for info | Views : 1322 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241831 • Total topics 26475 • Total members 17647

Contact us | Terms of Service