It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:57 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hi I'm new here, neuro made me feel stupid + quick question

Hi all, just a little bit about me first, I'm 41 and have suffered many ms symptoms at different times over the last 15 years. I am not dx with ms but myself and gp are concerned that it could be a very real option.Since the 23rd December i've had optical neuritis for tha third time, this time with facial weakness, tingling sensations, electrical sensations, numb fingers, dizzyness/vertigo very emotional, crying without reason, everything seems ...
Read more : Hi I'm new here, neuro made me feel stupid + quick question | Views : 1899 | Replies : 10

Diagnosis

Hello

Can anyone tell me how they were initially diagnosed with ms, what were the symptoms?

I have been suffering with dizziness for about 2 weeks now. I thought it would be an ear infection but the doctor said it wasn't and did some blood tests which all came back normal. Would anything show up in blood tests?

I have no other symptoms other than dizzyness and a 'fuzzy head' The dizzyness is usually worse ...
Read more : Diagnosis | Views : 1786 | Replies : 7

Hello, once again...

Hi all.

I have been a (silent) member of this group a few years ago for a very brief period of time and I am back, once again with a new nick. Once again, I intend to be quiet because I am over depressed and I don't want to "infect" anybody else with my suicidal thoughts.

I am male, 28, with MS since 17 and maybe earlier. I used to be ambulatory, but a year ...
Read more : Hello, once again... | Views : 1311 | Replies : 4

Possible MS dx

Awaiting appt. with Neurologist and gathering all the information I can. It feels soooo overwhelming!

so glad there are places like this to help!
Read more : Possible MS dx | Views : 1097 | Replies : 0

Controlled My MS for 6 Years

Hi all,
It is good to be part of this forum.
I was diagnosed six years ago. No doubt my story is the same as most when dealt such a bombshell. I am sure there are those worse off than myself and we all know what a horrible disease MS is. I guess I was and still am lucky. I have never been able to accept how I should have this disease and set about ...
Read more : Controlled My MS for 6 Years | Views : 1312 | Replies : 0

Newby says-Name This Tune!

Name This Tune

Hello, I’ve been poking around the forums for a couple of weeks now. Currently I’m considered sub clinical or pre sero something…by one top neuro and no MS by another. That’s the good news. The ‘bad’ news is symptom don’t lie. I’ve had many precursors: Epstein Barr virus/about 20 yrs ago...lasted for over a year. Two separate week long bouts of vertigo. Two yrs ago a five week ‘hug’ couldn’t take a ...
Read more : Newby says-Name This Tune! | Views : 1113 | Replies : 0

new on the site....

hello everyone, i am new here. i have hadms for nearly fifteen years and have been on every approved ms med, save novantrone. ironically enough i am also a physician's assisstant in a neurology office. i rarely share with my patients that i too have ms, but have started to more recently, especially when it is relevant. i still stuggle with when to share and when not to share this information. i would love and ...
Read more : new on the site.... | Views : 1070 | Replies : 0

Both me and my x-husband have MS

I've looked at this site before, but just decided tonight to sign up. My former husband and I have both been diagnosed with MS. He, ten years before me. I haven't seen any posts on here about that.

We have a daughter, so of course I'm more concerned now about her risk.

Does anyone know more couples like this? My story is long, but if you want to read about it, just let me know. ...
Read more : Both me and my x-husband have MS | Views : 1979 | Replies : 7

New to MS

Hi,

I'm new to the world of MS and prior to my diagnosis I was a pretty active guy. I'm the guy who carries 20 bags of groceries up the stairs with his 3 year old on his shoulders - if you know what I mean.

I'm finding it hard to that these days. In fact, I'm finding that every time I do anything remotely "active" (a brisk walk, a 20 foot run for the ...
Read more : New to MS | Views : 1828 | Replies : 9

Another one from Ohio

Hi~

Newly diagnosed on 10/08 and just getting over the initial shock...

I have just started Copaxone 4 days ago.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Loobie, I see you are from Dayton. I am moving there this July to finish my clinical years and to do my residency at Kettering/Grandview. Never been there before; I'll have to find out from you the good places to live!
Read more : Another one from Ohio | Views : 1264 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232032 • Total topics 24784 • Total members 15949

Contact us | Terms of Service