It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Another one bites the dust

Hi everyone. I am new here- diagnosed spring of 2006. Diagnosis was quick and I have since learned that this is indeed a blessing. No numerous trips in search of answers for me.
I just came across this site, and am amazed at the level of knowledge here. I am also amazed at all the treatments! I didn't know there were so many.
Of couse I wish I didn't need to be here, but since ...
Read more : Another one bites the dust | Views : 4646 | Replies : 27

Me me me meeeeee

I've already rudely shouldered my way into the forum but I thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm Catherine, 28 yrs old in Toronto, just married in August.

I was dx unofficially last November, officially in January 07. I was a lucky one - woke up one morning with no sensation on my right side. Went to the ER, lots of worry and drama, blah blah blah, eventually had a vertigo attack, then came out three ...
Read more : Me me me meeeeee | Views : 1555 | Replies : 2

Hello from PA!

Hello, everyone! My name is Brandy, I'm 29 years old and I have been living with MS for about 7 years. I'm an avid World of Warcraft player, I love gardening, cooking and nature. I don't have nor want children; I have a kitty named Bud who lives with my boyfriend and I and I work as a pharmacy help desk rep for a major pharmacy chain and I have a PT job.

My first ...
Read more : Hello from PA! | Views : 1365 | Replies : 3

Looking for a Doctor in Virginia

Hello,

Thank you for allowing on the bulletin board.

I am 51 years old, diagnosed with RRMS in 2001. In the last year it appears more like PPMS.

I went to a MS Clinic in California but cannot find anything in Northern Virginia. Does anyone have a referral?

Many thanks!
Read more : Looking for a Doctor in Virginia | Views : 1442 | Replies : 2

Hi Everyone!!

Hi everyone-
Never been part of an online community before, so here goes nothing! :lol:
Read more : Hi Everyone!! | Views : 3294 | Replies : 15

Hello you guys - I'm new here!

It's been a little over a year since I've been diagnosed and I still keep looking over my shoulder thinking my neurologist must be talking to someone else. I got the news right before the Tovaxin IIB trial got underway and was a prime candidate. I had my blood drawn and lucky me I had the t-cells needed to make the vaccine. It sure was a bitter sweet moment. Yeah I'm in the trial but ...
Read more : Hello you guys - I'm new here! | Views : 1583 | Replies : 5

MRI Results - Any insight?

THANKS!

Well, just got back from GP. He says "no lesions on the brain, but I am not ruling out MS yet", so he is still referring me for a neurology appt. on 11/14. Here's what my report says: What do you think?

T2 weighted imaging demonstrates punctate areas of high signal intensity within the centrum semiovale, possibly representing prominent Virchoe-Robin spaces. There is no evidence of abnormal enhancing lesion. The periventricular white matter appears ...
Read more : MRI Results - Any insight? | Views : 1896 | Replies : 3

Wisconsin Girl Here - Diagnosis (or not) in 2 hours!

I am sitting here just freaking out. I think I'm having an anxiety attack LOL ;) I brain MRI on Wed w/contrast and I have follow up with GP at 2pm CST. I have TONS of symptoms. I'd like to post them here, but it's not really going to matter since I will know in just a short amount of time. All I'm asking for is some ...
Read more : Wisconsin Girl Here - Diagnosis (or not) in 2 hours! | Views : 2403 | Replies : 5

Hi all!!

Yes-another newbie!!

I found you all when looking for info on FTY720-and glad I did!

I was "officially" diagnosed in 2003- but had my first symptoms in 1988. I have relapsing-remitting type, and currently take Avonex. (not to mention the cabinet full of pills!)

My biggest concern these days is my brain-I have the brain fuzzies...can't remember anything, forget words, don't recognize people...LOL. I'm still working-though I think my employer wants rid of me (I ...
Read more : Hi all!! | Views : 1740 | Replies : 5

LAnBfflo

LAnBfflo wrote:Hello everyone.
I'm really happy I came across this site. It's been almost 3 years (2 weeks shy) since I was diagnosed.
I've been on steroids, beta seron, tysabri, and ivig with steroids. My initial diagnosis was RRMS, but found out Monday my new doc thinks it's SPMS. I'm so-o-o-o-o thrilled, as you can imagine.
I can't believe I haven't found this sooner!
Anyway, I'm really happy to have found this site.
See y'all around. ...
Read more : LAnBfflo | Views : 1302 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221726 • Total topics 23020 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service