New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Strange symptoms.... MS?

It all started about 4 years ago... I was having strange achilles
tendon pain. It didn't feel like a tear or a bruise... more like
tennis elbow. It would expand into the plantar facia and up into the
calf muscle. It crawled like restless leg. MRI showed minimal to no
inflamation and antiinflamitories didn't help. This has come and went
over the last 4 years.

2 Years ago, some muscle twitching has started and seems ...
Read more : Strange symptoms.... MS? | Views : 2027 | Replies : 8

New, Betaseron, and depressed

Hi. I'm new, just started Betaseron with Betaject, my belly is bruised and my mood is crappy. I read all these technical posts and I think 'what'? Do I really have this? I don't know what my vitamin count is, don't recall how many lesions I have (memory issues), don't get tingling or burning in my legs, didn't get a baseline liver enzyme count...Flailing around...
Read more : New, Betaseron, and depressed | Views : 1276 | Replies : 3

Just diagnosed...

Hi All-

I am Kevin in Colorado and on Tuesday received the word that I have RRMS. Have had 2 bouts of optic neuritus and currently have left eye double vision with severe numbness on the entire right side for 4 weeks now. MRI showed 3 lesions.

While I am completely overwhelmed with information, and the decisions for therapy, I am eager to 'Have MS' and not let MS 'have me.'

Since I am not ...
Read more : Just diagnosed... | Views : 1684 | Replies : 4

Hi, glad I found this site!

I have visited other sites over the past years on and off, usually when I have an exacerbation, but to be honest with you, I really was not looking for people to bless me or pray for me. Though I know their hearts were in the right place. I just want to be able to feel connected, to talk to others who know what it feels like to have these wierd sx, that only someone ...
Read more : Hi, glad I found this site! | Views : 1162 | Replies : 1

Mother of newly diagnosed 15 yr. old

Hi! I am the mother of a beautiful 15 year old girl that has been through alot in just the last couple of months (it feels like it's been years). To make a long story short, the doctors have not officially diagnosed her yet, but they say "all the signs are pointing in the direction of MS". So, I am grateful to have stumbled on this forum today and I will be here often I ...
Read more : Mother of newly diagnosed 15 yr. old | Views : 1373 | Replies : 3

New with questions

I'm so happy to FINALLY found an unbiased website community of those affected by MS! I was diagnosed 1 year ago and am on Rebif. I feel like the MS LIfelines nurses just have a script to read and are only serving the drug company. They call me about every 3 months or so (when it's time to re-order more) and always ask if I have had an INFECTION-what gives? After a while, I feel ...
Read more : New with questions | Views : 1313 | Replies : 5

New here

My name is Stacy, my husband introduced me to this site as I have been dx with MS since I was 14 years old, now am 28. I have Relapsing Remitting type.
Read more : New here | Views : 1326 | Replies : 3

New MSer here

I have not been Dx yet, but have soooo many of the signs and symptoms of MS that I stopped counting them. The worse is the peripheral neuropathy in the shins of my legs as well as the pins and needles in different parts of my body. I am a mess. Have too many other conditions to mention, but do have a few immune mediated problems such as RA, allergic asthma and celiac.

It is ...
Read more : New MSer here | Views : 1306 | Replies : 1

Hi...I'm new

Hi. I just found this site today and signed up. I'm always researching and reading. Trying to keep up on all the latest information and treatments. "Traditional" or not. Additionally, I think we can NEVER have too much support! I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Read more : Hi...I'm new | Views : 1497 | Replies : 4

Hi, everyone: Just joined the This is MS community. Let me introduce myself. My name is Dr. Birnbaum----I have trained in both Rheumatology/Internal Medicine as well as Neurology. I work at Johns Hopkins University---this year at Johns Hopkins University, under the aegis of the Transverse Myelitis Center, I have started a Clinic devoted towards care of patients with neurological manifestaions of rheumatic disease. Although I had anticipated that the bulk of my patients would have ...

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228655 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15487

Contact us | Terms of Service