It is currently Wed May 06, 2015 5:34 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

New Diagnosis, Questions

Hello Everyone,

It's hard to know where to start except to say I need the support and advice of others who understand what it's like to deal with MS.

I'm 51, 'old' for MS to begin as one out of four of the neurologists I have seen told me. Never having been sick other than stuff my five kids brought home from school and hospitalization for childbirth, having to inject myself with Betaseron every other ...
Read more : New Diagnosis, Questions | Views : 4949 | Replies : 20

Hello from the MS Fighter

Hello, I am a 40 year old female and native of Atlanta, GA. My first symptoms were in 2000 when I experienced episodes of dizziness and balance problems. Throughout the years my symptoms progressed and neurologist could not diagnose me. I received probable diagnose from Lupus, dystonia... and finaly, It's in my head. During this time I lost strength in bilateral UE/LE, right greater than left. My right hand is clawed. I also developed tachycardia, ...
Read more : Hello from the MS Fighter | Views : 2357 | Replies : 10

Hello from France

Hello every body
I hope you will excuse my poor english language...
I just discover your site today
I discovered I have MS six months ago
I use Rebif since october 2007
I have made a blog about MS, it is in French but you can click to translate it
I'll come back to read you more
Pat
Read more : Hello from France | Views : 1704 | Replies : 5

Hello from Whitehall, NY

I'm 53, Male, newly diagnosed with RRMS, and more than a little scared and confused.

Are there any support groups in upstate NY or in Mid (Rutland area)Vermont? I'm working with Dartmouth Medical Center MS clinic in NH but it is 80+ miles due East. Albany, NY is also about 80 miles due South and they have support programs also. I know if nothing relatively close so far. I'm not on any treatment so far ...
Read more : Hello from Whitehall, NY | Views : 1557 | Replies : 1

Hello From Roanoke, VA

Good Evening from Roanoke!

I am a MS patient currently on Tysabri. I have been following LDN for over three years. I cannot find a practioner to prescribe it "due to lack of clinical data".

I am on disability and rely on a walker, crutches to get around. I miss walking without the devices and find things quite depressing.

From what I have read on this site, I do receive encouragement.

Thanks for being there! ...
Read more : Hello From Roanoke, VA | Views : 1393 | Replies : 1

Hello from Florida

I am a 32 year old female and have been reading posts on this site for over a year now, but never felt the need to become a member thinking that I would surpass diagnosis (since I have been having symptoms on and off for 4 years). I feel I am getting close to a diagnosis of something, and based on my DR's opinion, I won't be surprised to hear it is MS.

HISTORY:
5-6-03: ...
Read more : Hello from Florida | Views : 1576 | Replies : 2

Hello

I do not have MS but am affected everyday by it. My wife of 12 years was diagnosed with MS over 17 years ago. By the time I had met her, she was already quite a few years into the Swank MS Diet and had gone through a few really rough years.

She has been blind 4 times, lost total feeling in almost every area of her body at one time or another, had bladder ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1463 | Replies : 2

Hello! Newbie here!

Hi,

My name is George, I'm 25 and I am in the process of being diagnosed. I have been told to expect a diagnosis of MS but have not had the diagnosis because the neurologist I first saw didn't want to get involved as I was moving.

I first developed Optic Neuritis in my R eye in April and in October I developed a number of other symptoms which can be summed up as my ...
Read more : Hello! Newbie here! | Views : 1519 | Replies : 4

Here in Ottawa, Canada

Hi. My name is Danny. I am 52 years old, and have been diagnosed with MS as of July, 2007. I have posted a few notes on the Drug Pipeline (teriflunomide) which I have been taking since early November.

I guess I am somewhat fortunate. I only had one episode, Nov/Dec 2006, with some slight numbing of my left hand fingertips and the left side of my mouth, and that is about it. It hung ...
Read more : Here in Ottawa, Canada | Views : 1588 | Replies : 3

and also a german guy is watching.....

a rather "OLD ONE"!?

close to 58 years, retired since 10 years...pp-ms since 1985. el. powerchair driver (american type, invacare, very fast!!!)

married, 4 still grown children and living fine in a small middle-age town north of frankf., germany....

ROBIN
Read more : and also a german guy is watching..... | Views : 2380 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225236 • Total topics 23590 • Total members 14954

Contact us | Terms of Service