It is currently Sat May 28, 2016 5:22 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Both me and my x-husband have MS

I've looked at this site before, but just decided tonight to sign up. My former husband and I have both been diagnosed with MS. He, ten years before me. I haven't seen any posts on here about that.

We have a daughter, so of course I'm more concerned now about her risk.

Does anyone know more couples like this? My story is long, but if you want to read about it, just let me know. ...
Read more : Both me and my x-husband have MS | Views : 2010 | Replies : 7

New to MS

Hi,

I'm new to the world of MS and prior to my diagnosis I was a pretty active guy. I'm the guy who carries 20 bags of groceries up the stairs with his 3 year old on his shoulders - if you know what I mean.

I'm finding it hard to that these days. In fact, I'm finding that every time I do anything remotely "active" (a brisk walk, a 20 foot run for the ...
Read more : New to MS | Views : 1838 | Replies : 9

Another one from Ohio

Hi~

Newly diagnosed on 10/08 and just getting over the initial shock...

I have just started Copaxone 4 days ago.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Loobie, I see you are from Dayton. I am moving there this July to finish my clinical years and to do my residency at Kettering/Grandview. Never been there before; I'll have to find out from you the good places to live!
Read more : Another one from Ohio | Views : 1274 | Replies : 3

terrified of tysabri...what to do?

Hi...my husband was diagnosed with MS about 2 years ago. He tried Rebif and had horrible side effects. He switched to Avonex and did better, but it wasn't clear what was worse: the disease or the treatments. His doctor told us about Tysabri and told us to think about it. He's been off all meds for 3 months and is doing so well. He's like a new man...every now and then his leg gets weak, ...
Read more : terrified of tysabri...what to do? | Views : 2863 | Replies : 15

Ello!

Hello all I guess this is my intro. My friends have suggested I "team" up with some others like me. So here I am. I have not been offically diagnosed with MS but we all know I have it. I think even the doctors know but arn't diagnosing it just yet. Well there you have it :D

JM
Read more : Ello! | Views : 1246 | Replies : 0

New here - need help to help a friend with MS

Hello everyone.

A close friend was diagnosed in 2005. He was just awarded Social Security Disability since he cannot work anymore.

He was on Copaxone, which was covered under his employer's health plan.

Now that he is no longer employed, he found out that the Copaxone is NOT covered by the prescription plan he has with SSD.

This is all new to me, and I am trying to help him find out if there is ...
Read more : New here - need help to help a friend with MS | Views : 1470 | Replies : 5

hello again

Hey guys
I have been absent for so long, thought I should maybe introduce myself again :oops:
Sorry about that, really, just a rough patch, we all have them, I know, back and ready to interact again with all my friends here, all the amazing and wonderful folks who make up this community...
Big hug to everyone - look forward to getting back in the groove and ...
Read more : hello again | Views : 1240 | Replies : 5

Hi from Quebec, Canada

Hi! I'm 29 years old. I was diagnosed with MS late June this year, after going through several tests and an MRI. What started the tests is that since January I had tingling that started on my legs, then went to my hands. I still have the tingling in my hands (especially the right one), and for the past month, I've had stifness in my left leg, which seems to have gotten worse this week. ...
Read more : Hi from Quebec, Canada | Views : 1622 | Replies : 8

Hey!

New here, though not really, I've been reading for years.

I am a 43 year old wife and mom of 2, diagnosed in '04 with benign RRMS. My first symptom however was in 1988 with numbness that lasted about 4 months, saw a neuro at that time but was never diagnosed. More of a wait and see.

Fast forward 16 years later and same symptom crops up again, had MRI and was diagnosed. Had one ...
Read more : Hey! | Views : 1410 | Replies : 5

Hello from Ohio

Hello - I'm Rebecca and I'm from Ohio. After almost a decade, I've decided to re-investigate MS for my mom online. She's been on Avonex for about that long, but in the last couple of weeks, she's felt tingling where she hasn't felt it before. I'm interested in anything else that may help her or ease her suffering.
Read more : Hello from Ohio | Views : 1375 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232466 • Total topics 24860 • Total members 16015

Contact us | Terms of Service