It is currently Mon May 02, 2016 6:15 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

terrified of tysabri...what to do?

Hi...my husband was diagnosed with MS about 2 years ago. He tried Rebif and had horrible side effects. He switched to Avonex and did better, but it wasn't clear what was worse: the disease or the treatments. His doctor told us about Tysabri and told us to think about it. He's been off all meds for 3 months and is doing so well. He's like a new man...every now and then his leg gets weak, ...
Read more : terrified of tysabri...what to do? | Views : 2842 | Replies : 15

Ello!

Hello all I guess this is my intro. My friends have suggested I "team" up with some others like me. So here I am. I have not been offically diagnosed with MS but we all know I have it. I think even the doctors know but arn't diagnosing it just yet. Well there you have it :D

JM
Read more : Ello! | Views : 1238 | Replies : 0

New here - need help to help a friend with MS

Hello everyone.

A close friend was diagnosed in 2005. He was just awarded Social Security Disability since he cannot work anymore.

He was on Copaxone, which was covered under his employer's health plan.

Now that he is no longer employed, he found out that the Copaxone is NOT covered by the prescription plan he has with SSD.

This is all new to me, and I am trying to help him find out if there is ...
Read more : New here - need help to help a friend with MS | Views : 1461 | Replies : 5

hello again

Hey guys
I have been absent for so long, thought I should maybe introduce myself again :oops:
Sorry about that, really, just a rough patch, we all have them, I know, back and ready to interact again with all my friends here, all the amazing and wonderful folks who make up this community...
Big hug to everyone - look forward to getting back in the groove and ...
Read more : hello again | Views : 1233 | Replies : 5

Hi from Quebec, Canada

Hi! I'm 29 years old. I was diagnosed with MS late June this year, after going through several tests and an MRI. What started the tests is that since January I had tingling that started on my legs, then went to my hands. I still have the tingling in my hands (especially the right one), and for the past month, I've had stifness in my left leg, which seems to have gotten worse this week. ...
Read more : Hi from Quebec, Canada | Views : 1614 | Replies : 8

Hey!

New here, though not really, I've been reading for years.

I am a 43 year old wife and mom of 2, diagnosed in '04 with benign RRMS. My first symptom however was in 1988 with numbness that lasted about 4 months, saw a neuro at that time but was never diagnosed. More of a wait and see.

Fast forward 16 years later and same symptom crops up again, had MRI and was diagnosed. Had one ...
Read more : Hey! | Views : 1405 | Replies : 5

Hello from Ohio

Hello - I'm Rebecca and I'm from Ohio. After almost a decade, I've decided to re-investigate MS for my mom online. She's been on Avonex for about that long, but in the last couple of weeks, she's felt tingling where she hasn't felt it before. I'm interested in anything else that may help her or ease her suffering.
Read more : Hello from Ohio | Views : 1368 | Replies : 2

Hi from Berlin

Hi,

my name is Ursula - diagnosed in 2006, no major problems so far..
After the evil rebif I now take Copaxone which seems to be o.k.
I currently take part in the green tea study (EGCG) - and I am pretty sure to be in the "verum"-group.
Would be great if this stuff could help - there are really no side effects at all (except 1 week of headache in the beginning)

Is here ...
Read more : Hi from Berlin | Views : 1810 | Replies : 5

Hello from the Garden State!

Hi Everyone,

Well, I was diagnosed with MS three weeks ago this upcoming Thursday. It started with Optic Neuritis and you could have blew me over with a feather when the Opthamologist said "you know, I want you go to go a neurologist. This could be MS." Well, after plenty of testing, MRI, etc. I met with the neurologist (after an initial meeting) and in 10 minutes found out I had MS, what the pros ...
Read more : Hello from the Garden State! | Views : 1374 | Replies : 3

Hi from California

I love this website!

My uncle has secondary-progressive MS. He was being treated with chemotherapy with Mitazantrone, but had to stop the treatments because they were damaging his heart. I joined the website to help him stay informed about new treatments for SPMS.
Read more : Hi from California | Views : 1374 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232069 • Total topics 24791 • Total members 15951

Contact us | Terms of Service