It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:55 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hello from PA

Hi everyone. 42 and newly diagnosed with MS ( dec 08 ). Just started with Avonex injections yesterday. Still feeling very ignorant about the disease....but places like this help with the self-education :)

Anyways.... just wanted to say I appreciated the info provided here.... it helps take some of the mystery out of what to expect.

Peace
Read more : Hello from PA | Views : 1155 | Replies : 2

New and not sure ...

- Update March 28 (i dig further back)
Note: Sorry for misspelling, I'm French speaking.

Hi all

I don’t want to bother anyone of you so I will make it short but clear.
First I don’t have yet been diag with MS.

1985??:
Get up and ... lost my strength on left leg
- Drop foot
- Unable to go out the car without the help of both arms lifting my leg
- Gone after ...
Read more : New and not sure ... | Views : 3140 | Replies : 2

Hi folks...I too have MS actually PPMS

I have been watching this site for roughly 6 mos. I found this site by googling Dawsons Fingers. Otherwise I would not have found this site. I'm passing the word! I find the group forums exciting, knowlegeable and very friendly.

I was originally mis- diagnosed w/ RRMS in 2000. at that time my symptoms were not severe and the Neuro went with the stats. 80% of the MS pop have RRMS and the rest = ...
Read more : Hi folks...I too have MS actually PPMS | Views : 1353 | Replies : 1

Hi I'm new and on the undiagnosed roller coaster

Hi There,
I had posted this under the "general discussion" but thought it may be more appropriate here so please excuse me if you have already read this before.
Let me explain a bit about myself. I am a 38 yo man with a loving wife and 2 wonderful children. In 2004 i had a 1 off session. It started with a really strange sensation in my head. What followed was like a seizure (but ...
Read more : Hi I'm new and on the undiagnosed roller coaster | Views : 1690 | Replies : 9

New from Britain, Diagnosed 5 years.

Have been reading this site, and will continue to do so, really informative. Dx 5 years ago and up until last Saturday worked and limped along ok. Woke up last Saturday and havent really been mobile since, agony to walk and not been to work. Really hoping I can get back to where I was at. My back hurts and I think lugging the dead leg around has taken its toll. I do have an ...
Read more : New from Britain, Diagnosed 5 years. | Views : 1346 | Replies : 2

introduction HELLO!!

I am a new member. 45 y.o. female, diagnosed in 1990 with RRMS. was on Betaseron shots for 18 yrs. Felt great, then became resistant, put on Tysabri for 1 yr was resistant to it, now I am on Methotrexate. Since I went off the Betaseron now when I have an exacerbation and do a 3 day course of steroids I don't come back to baseline like I did when on I was on it. ...
Read more : introduction HELLO!! | Views : 1256 | Replies : 2

Hello everyone. I've just signed up to the site. I am a Brit living in the San Francisco bay area. I was diagnosed with MS in 2005. To date I have been very fortunate - my MS has been relatively benign with only infrequent relapses. I went on Tysabri when I was first diagnosed but only had 1 infusion before it was pulled from the market following the first PML report. Since then I have ...
Read more : New member | Views : 1486 | Replies : 3

New

Can I just say that MS sucks?! Got my official diagnosis January 6th, this year. I was relieved then shocked...upset, mad, and not so sure what to think now. Maybe I'm floating into the realm of acceptance?! Do you ever really accept it?

I've only had 2 real episodes. The first was in the spring just prior to going out of town so I didn't see my doc. The second was Optic Neuritis over summer ...
Read more : New | Views : 1213 | Replies : 5

Hello Intro

Hello, :D
I'm new here, but in my 6th year with MS. I have chosen diet BBD (5-years) as my method of dealing with the disease and I am doing very well. I work full time, travel, etc. I have not used any meds yet.

I've posted to the NMSS board for quite some time. I joined this board because I was happy to see others ...
Read more : Hello Intro | Views : 1214 | Replies : 3

New, and Terrified

Hello all.

I'm new to the site, and a little bit (read: a lot) terrified at the moment, while I try to reach out and find some answers for myself regarding MS. I just returned home from a three day hospital stay where 99% diagnosis was made for MS. No lesions found on brain in contrast and non-contrast MRI; pending C-spine MRI (as they think it's originating there, or possibly brain stem) and neuro-ophthalmology assessment ...
Read more : New, and Terrified | Views : 1434 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235089 • Total topics 25361 • Total members 16574

Contact us | Terms of Service