It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:26 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hi all

Hello. im Fred and my fiance was diagnosed with MS april 3rd, this year. We were in a way lucky as a bout of optic neritis brought her to an eye doctor who QUICKLY picked up on the possible MS link and within 3 hrs of her entering his office, we were at a nerologist. (I say lucky because we have talked with so many people who had difficulty with medical professionals not understanding MS...not ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1549 | Replies : 4

Hello from The OC

Hello

I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally post. I often post on the WebMD MS board.

My name is Rachel, I just turned 39, and was recently diagnosed with MS. I'm married and have two sons, ages 7 and 10, plus a dog. We live in Orange County, CA. I'm a pharmacist and still work half time. We have temporarily moved into an apartment b/c we are remodeling our house. ...
Read more : Hello from The OC | Views : 1097 | Replies : 1

I am new to this forum

My name is Carrie. After 3-1/2 years on 3 mg of LDN, which I began taking right after being diagnosed with MS, I had a serious relapse. My new doctor is a top MS neurologist. He treated me with steroids and I'm now taking Gabapentin for pain and spasticity. I'm feeling a lot better.

Here's my question. I'm seeing the neuro again at the end of June. He wants to put me on one of ...
Read more : I am new to this forum | Views : 1281 | Replies : 1

Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA

Hi my name is Tammy, I am 32 years old with Relapsing Remitting MS.
I had my first attack in 1999 and was not actually diagnosed until 2001. I will soon be starting Rebif injections as the disease has progressed. I take each day at a time. That is all you can do with this disease! My most aggravating symptoms are dizziness, drop foot, mood swings and cognitive problems to name a few! I wish ...
Read more : Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA | Views : 1224 | Replies : 1

Greetings...Please read

Hello everyone!
I feel so refreshed to have found this site. I was DX in Sep 2002 with RRMS which seems to have progressed quite rapidly. I have been on all the C.R.A.B. drugs and am currently on Tysabri. My symptoms have included Optic nueritis, Numbness and tingling in the legs and feet, loss of balance, speech and swallowing problems, hearing problems, loss of use of hands and fingers, memory and cognitive issues. Fortunately I ...
Read more : Greetings...Please read | Views : 1799 | Replies : 5

Hi I'm new from the UK

Hi there everyone,

I am new here. I was directed to this website from MSRC for realistic views on DMD's. I was dx in Feb 2007 after quite a bad relapse. As others have said many websites sit on the fence with some of the information they give, and as MS is a life changing event, it is helpful to see the good and the bad in the disease from fellow MSer's with millions of ...
Read more : Hi I'm new from the UK | Views : 1416 | Replies : 2

Hello from Schleswig-Holstein

Hello,

my name is Benjamin, living in Schleswig-Holstein (Northern Germany).

I am 34 years old and I have the MS since 98, now SPMS. I can walk 1 kilometre, without stress.

I take for over 2 Years Copaxone (probably without effect). Before, I tried the "A"-CRAB with bad Sideeffects on me, only 3 weeks intake.

Because I had great interest in natural medicine, I was reading in last december about "white tea" (EGCG) and drink ...
Read more : Hello from Schleswig-Holstein | Views : 1501 | Replies : 3

Hi from Sanjay in Toronto

Hi,

I've just been diagnosed with MS after one episde. MRI shows many lesions and enhancements. physically I feel ok.

wondering about what to do...

can anyone tell me if they have had any improvement with oral supplements such as calcium amelethylphosphate or any others?

Also has anyone benefitted from the best bet diet?

thank you and take care
Sanjay
Read more : Hi from Sanjay in Toronto | Views : 2357 | Replies : 11

MRF Podcast with Scott Johnson and Dr. Bob Miller

This link will take you to an interesting and informative March 24th interview Scott and Dr. Miller did with host Marc Pelletier of Futures in Biotech. It's about 1 hour. I think the interview was conducted in a way that would make it interesting to both scientists and MS novices. I enjoyed it.

http://www.twit.tv/FIB
Read more : MRF Podcast with Scott Johnson and Dr. Bob Miller | Views : 1091 | Replies : 0

Hey Everyone!

Hey Everyone! My name is David Williams and I have worked in the MS and Neuroscience world for about seven years now. Although I'm not a patient, I have worked to help people with MS through community development initiatives. In 2001, I worked with Montel Williams doing numerous online chat sessions, an appearance at the Los Angeles Health Expo, helped launch the Montel Williams Foundation website, and even appeared on his show.
Read more : Hey Everyone! | Views : 2100 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221653 • Total topics 23010 • Total members 14538

Contact us | Terms of Service