It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:45 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hello from Greece

I have been lurking around the site for quite a while, however today i made the "big" decision to register and in a way become an active member of the MS society.

Unfortunately as you can imagine I have been diagnosed with the silly-smart disease 2 years ago when I was 25 years old (what an age to be diagnosed hey), and have been fighting back.

Symptoms include feet numbness bad eyesight (nystagmous, diplopia) and ...
Read more : Hello from Greece | Views : 1368 | Replies : 2

Hi, i was diagnosed in 1998

I thought I'd better introduce myself. I promice none of my future posts will be this long!

My name is Laura, I live in California. I was dx in Nov 1998 and immediately started on Pred, then Solumedrol after I weaned off of Pred. Avonex followed but I quit that within a year. I've not been on meds since. Tried Marinol once or twice, hated it. I tried one Baclofen last week or so before ...
Read more : Hi, i was diagnosed in 1998 | Views : 1723 | Replies : 4

New here

Hi new to your board so here is the run down.

My name is Paul, male, 54, married with 4 kids. Two older and on their own sort of and two teenagers still at home.

I live about 35 miles southwest of Cleveland Ohio.

I have been sick for about 3 years and in December 2005,I was told in all probability PPMS and the doctor is concerned about the rapid progression.

He mentioned trying ...
Read more : New here | Views : 1801 | Replies : 6

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 1336 | Replies : 0

My sister has been diagnosed w/MS

First let me say that I am new to forums and am just looking for some help.

My sister was diagnosed last week with MS. She has optic neuritis and has had all the blood tests, MRI and three IV's of methylprednisolone. We all go to the doctor tomorrow to discuss blood work results and the MS diagnosis. My family and I are very new to this and although we have been researching MS online, ...
Read more : My sister has been diagnosed w/MS | Views : 1553 | Replies : 2

First Post from Western NY - USA

Well, this became WAY too long for an intro haha...

Will post my history and current regimen on the regimen board and just say "Hello" here and THANKS for having such a complete and open-minded site!

mamahawk
Read more : First Post from Western NY - USA | Views : 1344 | Replies : 1

New Board Member

I have two reasons for posting this evening. One :oops: I hope you don't mind - is to list my ms wesite www.helpwithms.com which this board will be linked to.

The second is to introduce myself. I was dxd with RRMS at the age of 46 last Feb 8 - 05. I am from Minnesota and have two grown daughters going to college in California.

I am ...
Read more : New Board Member | Views : 1343 | Replies : 1

Greetings from central Illinois

To introduce myself, I will explain that I can't remember how I found this site, but I feel it will be comfortable and accepting of me as a person with multiple sclerosis. The community members, seem to be open to ideas and willing to share and help each other.

I am a 56 year old female living in Central Illinois, wife to a wonderful guy for 34 years, mother of a 24 year old son, ...
Read more : Greetings from central Illinois | Views : 1488 | Replies : 3

Hello from Washington Coast

I have been reading information on this site, searching for answers, since my "definite" diagnosis a year ago. I'm 43, married 25 years to a good man, two wonderful children, 23 and 20. Have four cats, one longhair domestic, a long hair Manx and two Bengal's. Also have three dogs, a mastiff and two border collies. In the past three years I have gone from being in excellent physical shape, able to run a mile ...
Read more : Hello from Washington Coast | Views : 1624 | Replies : 3

Anyone live in Syracuse?

Hi.

I just found this site today. Very exciting.

I was diagnosed about 6 months ago. It was a huge relief because I thought I was going crazy. I have an explanation for how I've felt for years.

I've stayed away from local support groups because the attitude is very negative. "How bad my life is"...

These forums look interesting and helpful.

Peter
Read more : Anyone live in Syracuse? | Views : 1717 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220304 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service