It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:53 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Valerian root

This is great and helps sleep, I take 3-5 an hour before bedtime and it helps greatly, along w/Epitol for nerve pain, makes for a nice sleep.

Anyone else take it?
Read more : Valerian root | Views : 2066 | Replies : 5

Blood test results - Calling Jimmylegs

Had a set of blood test results today which would appear to show Im on the right track (Thanks Jimmylegs :-D ).

Vitamin D - 88.9ng/ml / 222nmol/L

Uric Acid - 7 mg/dl

B12 - 963 pg/ml

Zinc 0.89 mg/dl

Mg - 2 mg/dl

My Eosinophil count was 14%! - undoubtably thanks to the 70 odd hookworm that I am resident to ...
Read more : Blood test results - Calling Jimmylegs | Views : 1661 | Replies : 13

need something simple

i want to take a natural approach to my MS treatment but i dont know where to begin. Theres so many suggestions out there and after researching, the info gets jumbled up. It would be great if there would be a really simple list of natural remedies and what they help, but i cant find anything like that. It would be great if someone can help me out with this.
God bless
Read more : need something simple | Views : 1174 | Replies : 2

TH17 Chinese Herb Offers Hope to MS Patients

Chinese Herb Offers Hope to MS Patients : The Promise of Halofluginone
http://jaxmice.jax.org/news/2009/halofuginone.html

The Effects of the Uygur Herb Hyssopus Officinalis L. on the Inflammatory Factors and Correlation Factors of Th17 Cells of Asthmatic Rats

http://www.medical-science.net/Chinese- ... -Rats.html

hope it help
Read more : TH17 Chinese Herb Offers Hope to MS Patients | Views : 1276 | Replies : 0

Beneficial Flora, do you or do you not?

My wife and I have for many years been quite careful with our diet. As a rule we do not eat processed foods, rarely eat out, eat fresh vegetables/fruits with all our meals, and try and eat organic meats, vegetables, and fruits when possible. Since my work was food related, I am very conscious of the what, how, and where our food came from and how it got to our plate within our budget.

Furthermore, ...
Read more : Beneficial Flora, do you or do you not? | Views : 1274 | Replies : 0

Vitamin E intake high - is it a problem?

I have realised that I am exceeding the RDA by a few multiples per day.
I take six EPO/Fish oil capsules and they contain 280% RDA of my Vitamin E.
I was also taking an excellent multivit/mineral and only recently realised that it also has 300% RDA Vitamin E.
Does anyone know if this level is problematic? Anything I should look out for?
Read more : Vitamin E intake high - is it a problem? | Views : 1199 | Replies : 3

Vitamin E

Interesting variation on vitamin E that might be useful to inhibit neurodegeneration.

Tocotrienols: Vitamin E beyond tocopherols.

Life Sci. 2006 Mar 27;78 ( 18 ) :2088-98. Epub 2006 Feb 3.
Sen CK, Khanna S, Roy S.
Department of Surgery, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA. chandan.sen@osumc.edu

In nature, eight substances have been found to have vitamin E activity: alpha-, beta-, ...
Read more : Vitamin E | Views : 1222 | Replies : 4

Curcumin + Piperine

Several posts have discussed using a curcumin supplement with piperine (an extract of black pepper sold under the name Bioperine) in order to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin. Piperine inhibits several enzymes in CYP family, many of these are also utilized during drug metabolism. Thus, inhibiting these CYP family enzymes with piperine could lead to an inadvertant overdose of a prescription medication if one is taking it concurrently with a curcumin + piperine combination. Here's ...
Read more : Curcumin + Piperine | Views : 3343 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238870 • Total topics 26039 • Total members 17311

Contact us | Terms of Service