It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 pm

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Curcumin's beneficial pro-oxidant activity

Many of the positive benefits of curcumin are a consequence of its pro-oxidant effect on thiol groups which are inhibited by glutathione and n-acetylcsyteine. I would imagine that lipoic acid would also act in an inhibitory manner as it's an antioxidant with 2 thiol groups. The results of this article are consistent with curcumin activation of the Nrf2 transcription factor.

Role of pro-oxidants and antioxidants in the anti-inflammatory and apoptotic effects of curcumin (diferuloylmethane).
Free ...
Read more : Curcumin's beneficial pro-oxidant activity | Views : 1685 | Replies : 0

Vitamin D Test Results

I recently had some blood tests done for 25(OH)vitamin D3 and I'm confused about the results. Although I'm taking more vitamin D3 than I was before, it appears that my levels have gone down and I'm not sure why. One obvious response would be to just simply take more vitamin D3, but I would like to try to understand why the levels have dropped despite having increased my intake?

• Prior supp intake
    vitamin D3: 600 ...
Read more : Vitamin D Test Results | Views : 3111 | Replies : 5

Newly Dx: Torn on treatment options. Help?

Hi there,

I'm a 37 year old male who's diagnosis was confirmed 1 month ago. The story goes; I was in a minor car accident in June of 2011 and during the CT scan an abnormality was noticed. Three MRI's and a LP later I have been diagnosed with relapsing-remitting. Until the time of the car accident only one episode stands out (5 weeks prior to the MVA) that was a MS exacerbation. I had ...
Read more : Newly Dx: Torn on treatment options. Help? | Views : 1210 | Replies : 1

Vitamin D could be weapon against Multiple Sclerosis

A Clinical trial will test whether Vitamin D can help fight multiple sclerosis (MS).

If successful, researchers say the trial could open the door to a treatment which is 100 times cheaper than other drugs available.

The $2 million trial, announced today by MS Research Australia, will begin recruiting in Victoria, NSW, Tasmania and New Zealand from April.

Researchers hope to find 150 people with early or suspected symptoms of MS and put them ...
Read more : Vitamin D could be weapon against Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1358 | Replies : 1

Making sense of vitamin E

JackD recently posted the following information about vitamin E.
natural-approach-f27/topic18562.html#p186531

In nature, eight substances have been found to have vitamin E activity: alpha-, beta-, gamma- and delta-tocopherol; and alpha-, beta-, gamma- and delta-tocotrienol.

Often, the term vitamin E is synonymously used with alpha-tocopherol.

Tocotrienols, formerly known as zeta, , or eta-tocopherols, are similar to tocopherols except that they have an isoprenoid tail with three unsaturation points instead of a ...
Read more : Making sense of vitamin E | Views : 3008 | Replies : 6

Co Enzyme Q10

I added this supplement a few days ago prompted by something Terry Wahls said and I must say I feel quite perky a couple of days in :-D . I have been taking 60mg a day with the intention to drop to 30mg after a couple of weeks.

May just be coincidence...

Anyone else tried it and what experience did you have?
Read more : Co Enzyme Q10 | Views : 4105 | Replies : 8

urine infections

Hi!

Because urine infections/UTIs or bladder problems are common, and because it seems to be a general thing, I think it is important that this is known by everyone.

An antibiotic is usually prescribed to kill the bacteria, unfortunately it kills the good bacteria in the gut, which we need to keep our gut healthy, and to stop nasty things taking over, like fungus growth, Anecdote on antibiotic board knows all this thank goodness and ...
Read more : urine infections | Views : 1006 | Replies : 1

(NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine please help

I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about this because I hear it is also being used to treat MS

I have been taking (NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine for OCD treatment as an NDMA antagonist, and it seems to work pretty well. I am taking 600mg every six hours. Is is safe to up my daily dosage to 3600 mg? The very first time I took it I felt a kick after about 30 minutes. ...
Read more : (NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine please help | Views : 1955 | Replies : 0

Curcumin & EGCG neuroprotection

Curcumin, EGCG and other polyphenols have a neuroprotective effect through activation of heme-oxygenase-1 (HO-1) via activating the Nrf2 transcription factor.

Modulation of Nrf2/ARE pathway by food polyphenols: a nutritional neuroprotective strategy for cognitive and neurodegenerative disorders.
Mol Neurobiol. 2011 Oct;44(2):192-201. Epub 2011 Apr 19.

In recent years, there has been a growing interest, supported by a large number of experimental and epidemiological studies, for the beneficial effects of some phenolic substances, contained in commonly used ...
Read more : Curcumin & EGCG neuroprotection | Views : 2502 | Replies : 3

Candida leaky gut

Read more : Candida leaky gut | Views : 973 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240928 • Total topics 26348 • Total members 17546

Contact us | Terms of Service