It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:27 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Plasma zinc test on Monday wen do i stop taking zinc picolin

I currently take 100mg zinc picolinate with 4mg copper every morning,

but i should be getting my bloods drawn on Monday and tested for either serum zinc or plasma zinc,

Do i need to stop taking the 100mg zinc picolinate and 4 mg copper, and other vitamins and minerals i take on a daily basis, before the blood are drawn?

if so, how many days bedore do i need to stop?

I will hopefully also ...
Read more : Plasma zinc test on Monday wen do i stop taking zinc picolin | Views : 4505 | Replies : 23

Myelin Sheath Support product...any thoughts?

Hi guys,

I'm so happy to be here, and to already feel so welcomed. I will share more of the research I have done on my own as time goes on. I want to learn, and also help others who have chosen the natural route for healing/managing our MS. I was diagnosed in July of 2011, and the only "unnatural" thing I've done was the 12 to 16 day prednisone oral treatment, since my neurologist ...
Read more : Myelin Sheath Support product...any thoughts? | Views : 1807 | Replies : 2

Saying Hello

Hello Everyone,

I just found this forum yesterday, in my search for friends who are treating their MS naturally. My name is Aly, and I am a 37 year old gentleman. I was diagnosed in July of last year, and made the decision pretty quickly, that I was going to go the natural/holistic route for healing.

I started talking to friends, and was quickly introduced to the book Green For Life,and have been making and ...
Read more : Saying Hello | Views : 904 | Replies : 5

Hazardous ingredients in vitamins

I have an number of vitamins and mineral supplements magnesium stearate in them. Should I be concerned? Is there any information showing that magnesium stearate is safe? Are there supplements without these chemicals in them?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... _DNL_art_1

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/magnesiu ... fects.html

http://preventdisease.com/news/09/04280 ... rate.shtml

http://www.nutritional-supplement-truth ... inder.html
Read more : Hazardous ingredients in vitamins | Views : 1188 | Replies : 4

Lipoic acid protects against methotrexate oxidative stress

If you're taking methotrexate, then this article may be of interest. However, please check with your doctor to make sure that lipoic acid will not interfere with your treatment.

Protective effect of lipoic acid against methotrexate-induced oxidative stress in liver mitochondria.
Food Chem Toxicol. 2010 Jul;48(7):1973-9

Methotrexate (MTX) is a folic acid antagonist widely used as a cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agent for leukemia and other malignancies. The purpose of this study was to investigate the damage ...
Read more : Lipoic acid protects against methotrexate oxidative stress | Views : 1507 | Replies : 0

Nervonic acid used for treatment of demyelinating disorders

Who knew about this? I have never heard of it, and I could not find any references on here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervonic_acid
Nervonic acid is used in the treatment of disorders involving demyelination, such as adrenoleukodystrophy and multiple sclerosis where there is a decreased level of nervonic acid in sphingolipids.

Nervonic acid
It is used in the treatment of disorders involving demyelination, such as adrenoleukodystrophy and multiple sclerosis where there ...
Read more : Nervonic acid used for treatment of demyelinating disorders | Views : 4992 | Replies : 9

BrianCore Therapy

Has anyone heard of BrainCore Therapy?
Read more : BrianCore Therapy | Views : 1323 | Replies : 0

IV Glutathione

I just started seeing a holistic MD and she's trying to push the IV Glutathione. I haven't found any literature that would convince me it is particularly effective with MS, though here's some anecdotal stuff regarding Parkinson's. Never mind the price tag at over $100 per shot!! ouch.

I know glutathione is beneficial, but IV in paricular? Any experiences or opinions?
Read more : IV Glutathione | Views : 4266 | Replies : 5

independent review of food supplements

I just recently went through an article that drew my attention to the fact that many food suppliments and vitamin brands are just a waste of money as the producers do not have to comply with any strict regulations as do drug producers. One way to get around this problem is to read independent reviews like the ones produced by cunsumerlab.

I am just wondering if anyone has these kinds of reports or have access ...
Read more : independent review of food supplements | Views : 1859 | Replies : 10

Protandim

Anyone knows about Protandim? Any experience?

It seems to me that Protandim contains common substances (Milk Thistle Extract containing 80% silymarin, Bacopa Extract containing 45% bacosides, Ashwagandaha root powder, Green Tea Extract containing 98% polyphenols, Tumeric Extract containing 95% curcumin) that are easly available on the market in a spice or food supplement form. So, I am just wondering what is so unique in this product.

The company states that Protandium increase the glutathion level ...
Read more : Protandim | Views : 2368 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243205 • Total topics 26713 • Total members 17852

Contact us | Terms of Service