It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Protandim

Anyone knows about Protandim? Any experience?

It seems to me that Protandim contains common substances (Milk Thistle Extract containing 80% silymarin, Bacopa Extract containing 45% bacosides, Ashwagandaha root powder, Green Tea Extract containing 98% polyphenols, Tumeric Extract containing 95% curcumin) that are easly available on the market in a spice or food supplement form. So, I am just wondering what is so unique in this product.

The company states that Protandium increase the glutathion level ...
Read more : Protandim | Views : 2380 | Replies : 4

Want to find out if anyone is taking a supplement

Sorry for the repeat post, but I have repeatedly tried to use the support@thisisms.com email address to ask why my message was deleted and then my account was deactivated. I find this disturbing as I thought this was supposed to be a place where we could ask genuine questions and receive genuine answers-- I did not expect to find censorship.

I have MS and asked a question about a product ...
Read more : Want to find out if anyone is taking a supplement | Views : 1299 | Replies : 1

Nutrients influence epigenetics

Take any nutrient known to be trouble in ms, or any nutrient whatever, google it along with the terms 'genetic expression', and you can read up on the science that's been accumulated on how food affects genes. super interesting. for example i just did some research along these lines for someone concerned re risk of huntington's. came up with interesting connections between the copper-zinc ratio and the TP53 gene -> p53 tumor suppressor protein which ...
Read more : Nutrients influence epigenetics | Views : 1229 | Replies : 2

Pterostilbene --One Giant Leap for Rat-kind!

I have been researching this stuff for the last few days.

It seems to be great stuff for my "other" health problems.

I am looking for more info on any positive neurogogical effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterostilbene

http://www.ihealthdirectory.com/pterostilbene/

http://www.wellnessresources.com/health ... _nutrient/

I got a supply of it from ... I found out that 50 mg twice a day is appropriate. ...
Read more : Pterostilbene --One Giant Leap for Rat-kind! | Views : 3669 | Replies : 11

Liquid Vitamins

It is important to remember these supplements are not checked by the FDA. We have to trust the manufacture. A friend of mine was having a problem with back pain. I suggested she stop taking the liquid vitamins and minerals she was taking. The back pain went away. It is important to listen to your body when you take these things.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/fe ... ent-2.html
Read more : Liquid Vitamins | Views : 1008 | Replies : 0

some recent studies

Read more : some recent studies | Views : 998 | Replies : 1

Curcumin's beneficial pro-oxidant activity

Many of the positive benefits of curcumin are a consequence of its pro-oxidant effect on thiol groups which are inhibited by glutathione and n-acetylcsyteine. I would imagine that lipoic acid would also act in an inhibitory manner as it's an antioxidant with 2 thiol groups. The results of this article are consistent with curcumin activation of the Nrf2 transcription factor.

Role of pro-oxidants and antioxidants in the anti-inflammatory and apoptotic effects of curcumin (diferuloylmethane).
Free ...
Read more : Curcumin's beneficial pro-oxidant activity | Views : 1769 | Replies : 0

Vitamin D Test Results

I recently had some blood tests done for 25(OH)vitamin D3 and I'm confused about the results. Although I'm taking more vitamin D3 than I was before, it appears that my levels have gone down and I'm not sure why. One obvious response would be to just simply take more vitamin D3, but I would like to try to understand why the levels have dropped despite having increased my intake?

• Prior supp intake
    vitamin D3: 600 ...
Read more : Vitamin D Test Results | Views : 3241 | Replies : 5

Newly Dx: Torn on treatment options. Help?

Hi there,

I'm a 37 year old male who's diagnosis was confirmed 1 month ago. The story goes; I was in a minor car accident in June of 2011 and during the CT scan an abnormality was noticed. Three MRI's and a LP later I have been diagnosed with relapsing-remitting. Until the time of the car accident only one episode stands out (5 weeks prior to the MVA) that was a MS exacerbation. I had ...
Read more : Newly Dx: Torn on treatment options. Help? | Views : 1263 | Replies : 1

Vitamin D could be weapon against Multiple Sclerosis

A Clinical trial will test whether Vitamin D can help fight multiple sclerosis (MS).

If successful, researchers say the trial could open the door to a treatment which is 100 times cheaper than other drugs available.

The $2 million trial, announced today by MS Research Australia, will begin recruiting in Victoria, NSW, Tasmania and New Zealand from April.

Researchers hope to find 150 people with early or suspected symptoms of MS and put them ...
Read more : Vitamin D could be weapon against Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1424 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243391 • Total topics 26758 • Total members 17867

Contact us | Terms of Service