It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Why does my BF have bad reactions to Natural sups?

Hello - I'm new here. My dear bf has MS - relapsing/remitting, but he seems to now be in a very bad episode and might have switched to progressive. Over the last year, we have been trying all kinds of natural supplements to help him. The really strange thing is that they all seem to make his symptoms worse. For instance, he tried curcumin. The first 2 days it seemed to help, but then after ...
Read more : Why does my BF have bad reactions to Natural sups? | Views : 3013 | Replies : 23

Herb Garden

Does anyone have any suggestions for items to grow in my outdoor herb garden?

Also, what would you do with some of the herbs you suggest.

Last year I grew:

Basil
Feverfew
Rosemary
Catnip
Cilantro
Peppermint
Spearmint
Lemon Thyme
Oregano
Flat Leaf Parsley
Bee Balm

Mostly just for the beauty of the herb garden.

CF
Read more : Herb Garden | Views : 2204 | Replies : 9

Supplements shopping in the UK

Hi,

I live in the UK and normally buy my supplements from iherb (USA). However the dollar has gained a little in strength and I always get an expensive bill for import tax.

Is there a good online supplement shop that can be recommended in the UK?

The only one I know of is www.healthspan.co.uk - however they do not carry many of the more unusual products in high ...
Read more : Supplements shopping in the UK | Views : 1674 | Replies : 5

NADH supplement, no apparent difference

I tried a NADH sublingual over the past few days, and I cannot say I notice any difference in energy levels. It is also known as Co-E1.
Read more : NADH supplement, no apparent difference | Views : 1000 | Replies : 0

Inclined Bed test

After spending too much time on another thread about CCVI, I thought I would do a search across the whole web to see if it had caught anyone elses interests.

I kept on getting links from google to some guy placing Zamboni's study as confirmation of his theory.

Basically, its that we should all be sleeping with our heads a few inches higher than our feet. I wouldn't of given it a second glance, except ...
Read more : Inclined Bed test | Views : 6151 | Replies : 35

need a primer on pot

I'm still in the'exploring my options' phase, and I know this topic has been discussed at length in the past, but I never felt the need to pay attention before.
I started Neurontin on the 15th to help with intractable pain, it's not helping, and it's scary.
Without actually saying the word, the Doc suggested I try 'natures secret' for spasticity and pain relief.
This is truly comical. I tried pot in my teens, and ...
Read more : need a primer on pot | Views : 2950 | Replies : 29

Article on CAM

Here's an interesting article on complimentary alternative medicine (CAM) which discusses how more mainstream doctors are beginning to appreciate the potential benefits of CAM therapy.

Doctors going alternative
More mainstream physicians suggesting meditation, massage and acupuncture

By Julie Deardorff | Tribune reporter
1:59 AM CST, January 14, 2009

For years, Dr. Ali Keshavarzian ignored "alternative" therapies because his Western-trained brain wanted more evidence that they actually worked.

But Keshavarzian also knew conventional medicine often needed ...
Read more : Article on CAM | Views : 980 | Replies : 1

Vitamin K prevents calcification

It occurs to me that, given osteoporosis and multiple sclerosis are associated, the venous stenoses may be caused by calcification. Vitamin K is said to reduce this and I certainly now plan on adding this to my regimen. This would also tie-in quite nicely with the vitamin d deficiency theme.

1: J Vasc Res. 2008;45(5):427-36. Epub 2008 Apr 10. Links
The circulating inactive form of matrix Gla Protein (ucMGP) as a biomarker for cardiovascular calcification.Cranenburg ...
Read more : Vitamin K prevents calcification | Views : 5466 | Replies : 22

superoxide dismutase

Once again I believe I have had a bad experience from superoxide dismutase (glisodin). After the most exciting and revolutionary postings on the venous obstructions by Dignan et al I hastily decided to resume superoxide dismutase, despite its consumption being strongly associated with a relapse in February 2008. My thinking was that I had venous sclerosis and superoxide dismutase is good for atherosclerosis so...
Anyway once again this pill seems to have triggered a mini-relapse. ...
Read more : superoxide dismutase | Views : 1964 | Replies : 3

Bee Sting Therapy - anyone else do it?

Hello, I'm brand new on this forum, in fact brand new to forums. This is my first post.

I have secondary progressive MS having been diagnosed 15 years ago and am now, to all intents, paraplegic using an electic wheelchair for my mobility. (This is being typed by a carer.)

In August I started bee sting therapy which I had discovered as a result of my husband starting bee keeping - we read it on ...
Read more : Bee Sting Therapy - anyone else do it? | Views : 1345 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220988 • Total topics 22912 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service