It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:17 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Lovaza

This is interesting... prescription fish oil: http://www.lovaza.com/

What's more interesting is that they list trans fat as an inert ingredient.
Lovaza Prescribing Information wrote:LOVAZA capsules also contain the following inactive ingredients: 4 mg α -tocopherol (in a carrier of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils including soybean oil), and gelatin, glycerol, and purified water (components of the capsule shell).

What were they thinking?

NHE
Read more : Lovaza | Views : 4064 | Replies : 10

Bee Venom and Avonex

Does anyone out there have experience with bee venom therapy while still taking Avonex? I've been researching this online and I've talked to a couple of people who use bee venom, but none with MS. Here's what I saw online:

Q: Can I do BVT in conjunction with taking conventional medications for MS?
A: Any medication will most likely slow the benefits seen using BVT. However, if you are taking a medication that cannot be ...
Read more : Bee Venom and Avonex | Views : 1195 | Replies : 0

Red Wine

Everyone must be feeling a bit down after the Tovaxin results. Look on the bright side - they fared better than current medications.

Anyway, we all love the idea of DIY self medication. There has been that Tryptophan and then there was something else before it and later N Acetyl Glucosamine (which I take religiously although it didn't prevent my last relapse) and nicotinamide (protects the axons - take it when you have an attack) ...
Read more : Red Wine | Views : 1537 | Replies : 4

Alpha Lipoic Acid

I have mislaid a link taking one to a cheap provider of alpha lipoic acid. I note that this supplement is said to inhibit the expression of ICAM and VCAM in CNS endothelial cells. These assist the migration of T cells across the bbb. I think. Anyway I'm planning on increasing the quantity of alpha lipoic acid to several grams a day but Solgar is a total rip off. Any suggestions?
Read more : Alpha Lipoic Acid | Views : 2090 | Replies : 4

Supplements regimen questions

Hi all,

After researching the internet for a few weeks we have compiled a first basic list of supplements (well i guess 6 supplements make a basic list compared to the 17 proposed by the BBD..!).As safety is a major concern we preferred to start with a small list that we feel confident about,with a view to continue researching and adding supplements along the way. (BTW a great thanks to all the natural approach thread ...
Read more : Supplements regimen questions | Views : 4024 | Replies : 27

Lipoic acid + acetyl-L-carnitine

Here's an interesting paper on lipoic acid. Although it's not MS (Parkinson's Disease), R-lipoic acid combined with acetyl-L-carnitine was found to be 100 to 1000 more effective than either alone in protecting mitochondria in a cellular Parkinson's Disease model.

Combined R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine exerts efficient preventative effects in a cellular model of Parkinson's disease.
J Cell Mol Med. 2008 Jun 20.

Mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative damage are highly involved in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's ...
Read more : Lipoic acid + acetyl-L-carnitine | Views : 3258 | Replies : 10

Lipoic acid inhibits Ifn-gamma in NK cells

Here's a recent paper on lipoic acid from the Oregon Health & Science University discussing a pathway which may be partly responsible for lipoic acid's beneficial effects in MS.

Lipoic acid stimulates cAMP production via the EP2 and EP4 prostanoid receptors and inhibits IFN gamma synthesis and cellular cytotoxicity in NK cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2008 Aug 13;199(1-2):46-55.

The antioxidant lipoic acid (LA) treats and prevents the animal model of multiple sclerosis (MS), experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis ...
Read more : Lipoic acid inhibits Ifn-gamma in NK cells | Views : 1255 | Replies : 1

CoQ10?

Can anyone tell me if CoQ10 is actually beneficial to the treatment of MS and how? Thank you!

My daughter has been taking 200 mg a day for approx. 5-6 weeks. She has just started Rebif (2 weeks ago). SOmeone asked me why she was supplementing with CoQ10 and that it could effect her liver (?)

She is also taking 1000mcg of B12, 400 iu of Vitamin D and 1000 mg of Omega 3 fish ...
Read more : CoQ10? | Views : 1754 | Replies : 1

fingolimod

Hallo to all....

Today I have been looking for something on net, and I found an article about fingolimod, so here is link...

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclerosis ... fingolimod

Have a nice day :wink:
Anita
Read more : fingolimod | Views : 1155 | Replies : 0

Micronutrient status and disease

i haven't read or sourced this thoroughly yet, but it's interesting so far:

http://www.pnas.org/content/103/47/17589.full
"...I propose DNA damage and late onset disease are consequences of a triage allocation response to micronutrient scarcity..."

http://www.pnas.org/content/103/47/1758 ... nsion.html
Table 1. Selected micronutrient inadequacy in the U.S.
Read more : Micronutrient status and disease | Views : 1221 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218695 • Total topics 22538 • Total members 14184