sunflower seeds, wheat germ, red bell pepper, white beans, dark leafy greens

Potassium = neeed 4700mg/day

baked potato w/skin, edamame, spinach, lentils, and ofcourse banana

Calcium = 1000-1200mg/day

low fat plain yogurt, sardines, low fat cheese, tofu, bok choy

Vitamin A = 720 mcg/day

sweet potato, pumpkin, baby carrots, dried apricots, cantaloupe

Magnesioum = 320 mg/day

black beans, brazil nuts, okra, brown rice, ...
Read more : Food sources for E, Pot, Cal, A & Mag | Views : 1127 | Replies : 0

Has anyone tried Osteopathy?

I have heard that Osteopathy can be an effective treatment for some symptoms - has anyone had experience with it that?
Read more : Has anyone tried Osteopathy? | Views : 1759 | Replies : 2

N A G

Anyone heard about this supplement?

In studies on mice, Dr. Michael Demetriou and colleagues with the UC Irvine Center for Immunology found that N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc), which is similar but more effective than the widely available glucosamine, inhibited the growth and function of abnormal T-cells that incorrectly direct the immune system to attack specific tissues in the body, such as brain myelin in MS and insulin-producing cells of the pancreas in diabetes. Study results appear on ...
Read more : N A G | Views : 1945 | Replies : 3

Natural Fever Reducers??

I believe that I have now developed a lovely allergic reaction to Ibuprofen, and Tylenol always makes my heart race, so I was wondering if anyone knew of anything natural that actually worked?? I always take something with my Rebif shot.... not quite wanting to do one without a precaution!

Any ideas would be great!
Read more : Natural Fever Reducers?? | Views : 1312 | Replies : 2

Why does my BF have bad reactions to Natural sups?

Hello - I'm new here. My dear bf has MS - relapsing/remitting, but he seems to now be in a very bad episode and might have switched to progressive. Over the last year, we have been trying all kinds of natural supplements to help him. The really strange thing is that they all seem to make his symptoms worse. For instance, he tried curcumin. The first 2 days it seemed to help, but then after ...
Read more : Why does my BF have bad reactions to Natural sups? | Views : 3032 | Replies : 23

Herb Garden

Does anyone have any suggestions for items to grow in my outdoor herb garden?

Also, what would you do with some of the herbs you suggest.

Last year I grew:

Basil
Feverfew
Rosemary
Catnip
Cilantro
Peppermint
Spearmint
Lemon Thyme
Oregano
Flat Leaf Parsley
Bee Balm

Mostly just for the beauty of the herb garden.

CF
Read more : Herb Garden | Views : 2213 | Replies : 9

Supplements shopping in the UK

Hi,

I live in the UK and normally buy my supplements from iherb (USA). However the dollar has gained a little in strength and I always get an expensive bill for import tax.

Is there a good online supplement shop that can be recommended in the UK?

The only one I know of is www.healthspan.co.uk - however they do not carry many of the more unusual products in high ...
Read more : Supplements shopping in the UK | Views : 1681 | Replies : 5

NADH supplement, no apparent difference

I tried a NADH sublingual over the past few days, and I cannot say I notice any difference in energy levels. It is also known as Co-E1.
Read more : NADH supplement, no apparent difference | Views : 1035 | Replies : 0

Inclined Bed test

After spending too much time on another thread about CCVI, I thought I would do a search across the whole web to see if it had caught anyone elses interests.

I kept on getting links from google to some guy placing Zamboni's study as confirmation of his theory.

Basically, its that we should all be sleeping with our heads a few inches higher than our feet. I wouldn't of given it a second glance, except ...
Read more : Inclined Bed test | Views : 6195 | Replies : 35

need a primer on pot

I'm still in the'exploring my options' phase, and I know this topic has been discussed at length in the past, but I never felt the need to pay attention before.
I started Neurontin on the 15th to help with intractable pain, it's not helping, and it's scary.
Without actually saying the word, the Doc suggested I try 'natures secret' for spasticity and pain relief.
This is truly comical. I tried pot in my teens, and ...
Read more : need a primer on pot | Views : 2964 | Replies : 29

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222309 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service