It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:02 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Haptens can trigger MS

I am author of a poster about environmental and genetic factors which can trigger MS. This poster is on my: http://www.haptens.republika.pl/images/poster.jpg
This poster had number P15 and was presented at International Conference "Advances in Clinical Neuroimmunology", which took place on 7-8 December 2007 in Poznan, Poland. I have evidence that MS is relatively easy to predict, prevent and arrest.
Jerzy Grzeszczuk
Read more : Haptens can trigger MS | Views : 5700 | Replies : 21

Useful website: Quackwatch

I just wanted to make sure psople were aware of this extremely useful site

http://www.quackwatch.org/index.html

I would highly recommend using it as a "filter" to protect yourself from being scammed.

Take care.
Read more : Useful website: Quackwatch | Views : 1637 | Replies : 3

Esperanza Peptide anybody

Hi, I am just wondering of anybody is using or has considered using Esperanza Petide. They claim all sorts of benefits ofcourse but is it worth its money ? :wink:
Read more : Esperanza Peptide anybody | Views : 2362 | Replies : 5

Creatine

Looking into supplementation of creatine for mitochondrial energy enhancement and fatigue relief. Anyone using creatine monohydrate supplements?

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/creatine-from-muscle-to-brain/

While the role of creatine in preventing muscle (peripheral) fatigue for high performance athletes is well understood, its biochemical role in prevention of mental (central) fatigue is not. Creatine is abundant in muscles and the brain and after phosphorylation used as an energy source for adenosine triphosphate synthesis. Using double-blind placebo-controlled ...
Read more : Creatine | Views : 5377 | Replies : 19

Pilot Study: Naturopathic Medicine for MS

Hi all

Here's a link to an article (pdf) that may be of interest to some.
A Randomized Pilot Study of Naturopathic Medicine in Multiple Sclerosis

Conclusions: Naturopathic medicine combined with usual care for MS showed a trend in improvement in the General Health subscale of the SF-36, Timed Walk, and neurologic impairment. Evaluation of naturopathic medicine, as a multimodality regimen, warrants further investigation.

Now if we could just convince them to add normal ...
Read more : Pilot Study: Naturopathic Medicine for MS | Views : 1521 | Replies : 1

Resveratrol in the news

From the NY Times...

Sirtris, a start up biochemical co. trying to patent drugs based on red wines' resveratrol, was purchased by GlaxoSmithKline for 720 million. You know when drug companies are trying to patent and replicate natural substances, that there's something there that works.

"Serious scientists have long derided the idea of life-extending elixirs, but the door has now been opened to drugs that exploit an ancient biological survival mechanism, that of switching the ...
Read more : Resveratrol in the news | Views : 1710 | Replies : 1

Nutrition "Quiz"

A reference for physicians in assessing patient nutritional status (I know, it sounds crazy, but there it is). Includes queries on state of skin, mouth, hair, nails, GI, and other physical attributes; correlates with possible deficiency states. Plenty of other interesting tidbits.

http://www.med.upenn.edu/nutrimed/docum ... deline.pdf
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Nutrition Education and Prevention Program
MEDICINE CLERKSHIP NUTRITION REQUIREMENT
NUTRITION ASSESSMENT WRITE-UP GUIDELINES

most of the deficiencies listed ...
Read more : Nutrition "Quiz" | Views : 1922 | Replies : 6

nutrition and expecting moms

hey this article looks pretty informative

http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/55/3/499.pdf

the roles that the different vitamins and minerals play in fetal growth and development are reviewed, primarily with respect to growth and differentiation in humans; but, as appropriate, data provided from animal and cellular studies are also considered.

throw in what we know about the usual suspects in ms and that article looks like it could be a pretty useful resource.
Read more : nutrition and expecting moms | Views : 1077 | Replies : 2

VItamins & Supplements

I have seen posts mentioning supplements etc and I was hoping for input over what vitamins / supplements should be taken, and if possible why/what effect they have. I'm looking for a basic regime - if it's too heavy I will run and hide.

As there are other new to MS people here I thought it might help them too.

(ps sorry Jimmylegs, i know you pm'd me last year but I was in total ...
Read more : VItamins & Supplements | Views : 3148 | Replies : 17

MS and elevated liver enzymes

Dear Dim...
I wanted to start this thread and dedicate it to your lovely wife and my husband- two MSers who have had elevated liver enzymes without cause.

Jeff was not drinking alcohol or taking any medication when he was diagnosed with MS in March '07. He had not received steroids or Copaxone, and was not taking any supplements. His blood test showed liver enzymes (AST and ALT) elevated 10x normal. He was jaundiced, and ...
Read more : MS and elevated liver enzymes | Views : 12743 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218670 • Total topics 22533 • Total members 14180