It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 pm

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

NAC and Copaxone

There was a small clinical study done a few years ago (I think in Canada) looking at the combination of Copaxone and NAC. I've seen it mentioned in earlier posts. Though the study was completed, I haven't been able to find any paper written up about it. Does anyone know the results of this study?

Thanks.

Mike
Read more : NAC and Copaxone | Views : 1244 | Replies : 2

Glutamate

Is anyone familiar with glutamate as it relates to MS? I've come across some articles that suggest people with MS have elevated glutamate levels, and this may somehow be involved in the disease. So does this mean supplementing with something that contains L-Glutamic Acid may not be a good idea?
Read more : Glutamate | Views : 1056 | Replies : 0

endothelin 1 - natural inhibitors

Here's some more reasons to have quercetin and green tea:

1: Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Oct;88(4):1018-25. Links
Pure dietary flavonoids quercetin and (-)-epicatechin augment nitric oxide products and reduce endothelin-1 acutely in healthy men.Loke WM, Hodgson JM, Proudfoot JM, McKinley AJ, Puddey IB, Croft KD.
School of Medicine and Pharmacology and the School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia.

BACKGROUND: Dietary flavonoids may improve endothelial function and ...
Read more : endothelin 1 - natural inhibitors | Views : 1836 | Replies : 3

Food Allergies

I have just been diagnosed with an allergy to eggs, seriously eggs!? I eat a lot of eggs. Studying this I have learned of the immune response related to it and as I was reading that info it sounded like I was reading MS 101. Maybe it's time for a food allergy poll. By the way, I have also discovered there is egg in certain vaccines and I have always been suspicious of a battery ...
Read more : Food Allergies | Views : 1414 | Replies : 3

Lovaza

This is interesting... prescription fish oil: http://www.lovaza.com/

What's more interesting is that they list trans fat as an inert ingredient.
Lovaza Prescribing Information wrote:LOVAZA capsules also contain the following inactive ingredients: 4 mg α -tocopherol (in a carrier of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils including soybean oil), and gelatin, glycerol, and purified water (components of the capsule shell).

What were they thinking?

NHE
Read more : Lovaza | Views : 4120 | Replies : 10

Bee Venom and Avonex

Does anyone out there have experience with bee venom therapy while still taking Avonex? I've been researching this online and I've talked to a couple of people who use bee venom, but none with MS. Here's what I saw online:

Q: Can I do BVT in conjunction with taking conventional medications for MS?
A: Any medication will most likely slow the benefits seen using BVT. However, if you are taking a medication that cannot be ...
Read more : Bee Venom and Avonex | Views : 1206 | Replies : 0

Red Wine

Everyone must be feeling a bit down after the Tovaxin results. Look on the bright side - they fared better than current medications.

Anyway, we all love the idea of DIY self medication. There has been that Tryptophan and then there was something else before it and later N Acetyl Glucosamine (which I take religiously although it didn't prevent my last relapse) and nicotinamide (protects the axons - take it when you have an attack) ...
Read more : Red Wine | Views : 1556 | Replies : 4

Alpha Lipoic Acid

I have mislaid a link taking one to a cheap provider of alpha lipoic acid. I note that this supplement is said to inhibit the expression of ICAM and VCAM in CNS endothelial cells. These assist the migration of T cells across the bbb. I think. Anyway I'm planning on increasing the quantity of alpha lipoic acid to several grams a day but Solgar is a total rip off. Any suggestions?
Read more : Alpha Lipoic Acid | Views : 2111 | Replies : 4

Supplements regimen questions

Hi all,

After researching the internet for a few weeks we have compiled a first basic list of supplements (well i guess 6 supplements make a basic list compared to the 17 proposed by the BBD..!).As safety is a major concern we preferred to start with a small list that we feel confident about,with a view to continue researching and adding supplements along the way. (BTW a great thanks to all the natural approach thread ...
Read more : Supplements regimen questions | Views : 4072 | Replies : 27

Lipoic acid + acetyl-L-carnitine

Here's an interesting paper on lipoic acid. Although it's not MS (Parkinson's Disease), R-lipoic acid combined with acetyl-L-carnitine was found to be 100 to 1000 more effective than either alone in protecting mitochondria in a cellular Parkinson's Disease model.

Combined R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine exerts efficient preventative effects in a cellular model of Parkinson's disease.
J Cell Mol Med. 2008 Jun 20.

Mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative damage are highly involved in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's ...
Read more : Lipoic acid + acetyl-L-carnitine | Views : 3315 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220802 • Total topics 22880 • Total members 14449

Contact us | Terms of Service