It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:50 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Lipoic Acid: R vs. S

I recently posted this information in another thread but I thought that it might be a good idea for it to be in its own thread in the Natural Approach forum.

Lipoic acid is an antioxidant which some researchers are investigating as a possible treatment therapy for MS. Many people refer to lipoic acid by the name 'Alpha Lipoic Acid' however synthetic lipoic acid usually contains two isomers in a 50/50 mix known as the ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid: R vs. S | Views : 6079 | Replies : 14

Complementary supplements IFN-beta

MMP-9s KILL the activity of ALL IFN-Betas.

It is a VERY GOOD IDEA to lower MMP-9s if taking an Ifn-Beta drug.

If you want to maximize Avonex (or any beta interferon), lowering MMP-9s will prevent it from being degraded by being cleaved into parts thus killing its Activity/Effectiveness.

http://www.cnsforum.com/commenteditem/f ... fault.aspx

Also getting the most activity from the least amount of near natural (human) interferon like Avonex will usually ...
Read more : Complementary supplements IFN-beta | Views : 1529 | Replies : 0

More evidence against calcium

Here's a little bit more evidence pointing at calcium as a real bad guy:

Public release date: 27-Jun-2007

venere@purdue.edu
765-494-4709
Purdue University

'Cars' imaging reveals clues to myelin damage
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Researchers have discovered that calcium ions could play a crucial role in multiple sclerosis by activating enzymes that degrade the fatty sheath that insulates ...
Read more : More evidence against calcium | Views : 2012 | Replies : 7

Experiences on supplementing homones?

Hi,

After reading various studies, indication a link between hormone levels and the dissease course of MS decided to get my hormon levels tested.

My results are:
-----------------
Estradiol: 14,9pg/ml Norm: 11,6 - 41,2
Testosteron: 5,4ng/ml Norm: 4,0 - 9,0
DHEA-S: 206,0mcg/ml Opt: 250 - 400

My GP said, if I wanted to he would subscribe testosteron and estradiol gels to get my values to the upper norm levels.
I'm not sure yet, but basicly ...
Read more : Experiences on supplementing homones? | Views : 1493 | Replies : 3

alpha lipoic acid

Not really a lot of new info in this article, but it's always good to hear about ongoing research.

Lipoic Acid Explored As Anti-aging Compound

Science Daily — Researchers announced they have identified the mechanism of action of lipoic acid, a remarkable compound that in animal experiments appears to slow down the process of aging, improve blood flow, enhance immune function and perform many other functions.

The findings, discussed at the "Diet and Optimum Health" ...
Read more : alpha lipoic acid | Views : 1764 | Replies : 1

Has anyone heard of Stemplex?

Don't worry I am not a distributor. I was given this stuff by a friend who claimed wonderful things. It has some things in it I was already taking i.e. Blueberry extract, and Vitamin D. It also has some other things such as algae, green tea extract and? The point being, I feel better. In fact, better than I have since my diagnosis. I have been taking it for about 8 days and I wonder, ...
Read more : Has anyone heard of Stemplex? | Views : 10907 | Replies : 19

Glucosamine-Like Supplement Inhibits Multiple Sclerosis

Another mouse study that requires further investigation, but at least they're looking beyond the efficacy of a CRAB after ten years on patients that would be at the same point regardless.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=70952
Read more : Glucosamine-Like Supplement Inhibits Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1585 | Replies : 0

Supplements and Vitamins?

:?:
I am recently diagnosed with MS. I am trying to get a handle on what supplements and vitamins I should be taking on a daily basis. There is so much to digest.

So far, the following few stand out throughout my reading. Can you help me with a base list of essential supplements/vitamins and appropriate dosage???

Cod Live Oil OR Salmon Oil
1,000 mg. vitamin C ...
Read more : Supplements and Vitamins? | Views : 6753 | Replies : 24

Glucosamine-like supplement looks interesting

I love it when a simple, oral dietary supplement looks like it might be useful in the fight against MS. I found this on 'Eurekalert':

tmvasich@uci.edu <mailto:tmvasich@uci.edu>
949-824-6455
University of California - Irvine <http://www.uci.edu>
Glucosamine-like supplement inhibits multiple sclerosis, type 1 diabetes
Metabolic therapy shows promise for treating autoimmune diseases, UC Irvine study finds
Irvine, Calif., May 14, 2007 - A glucosamine-like dietary supplement has been found ...
Read more : Glucosamine-like supplement looks interesting | Views : 3172 | Replies : 6

glyconutrients

Would like to hear from any MS'rs taking glyconutrients. Went to a seminar on this subject and it all sounds to good to be true. Extremely expensive, but then again so is the copaxone I'm on. Take an arsenal of supplements now, but seem to be losing ground which is why I am considering the glyconutrients. Let me know -- good or negative replies.
Read more : glyconutrients | Views : 2701 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216413 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13902