It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 pm

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Nutrition "Quiz"

A reference for physicians in assessing patient nutritional status (I know, it sounds crazy, but there it is). Includes queries on state of skin, mouth, hair, nails, GI, and other physical attributes; correlates with possible deficiency states. Plenty of other interesting tidbits.

http://www.med.upenn.edu/nutrimed/docum ... deline.pdf
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Nutrition Education and Prevention Program
MEDICINE CLERKSHIP NUTRITION REQUIREMENT
NUTRITION ASSESSMENT WRITE-UP GUIDELINES

most of the deficiencies listed ...
Read more : Nutrition "Quiz" | Views : 1941 | Replies : 6

nutrition and expecting moms

hey this article looks pretty informative

http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/55/3/499.pdf

the roles that the different vitamins and minerals play in fetal growth and development are reviewed, primarily with respect to growth and differentiation in humans; but, as appropriate, data provided from animal and cellular studies are also considered.

throw in what we know about the usual suspects in ms and that article looks like it could be a pretty useful resource.
Read more : nutrition and expecting moms | Views : 1090 | Replies : 2

VItamins & Supplements

I have seen posts mentioning supplements etc and I was hoping for input over what vitamins / supplements should be taken, and if possible why/what effect they have. I'm looking for a basic regime - if it's too heavy I will run and hide.

As there are other new to MS people here I thought it might help them too.

(ps sorry Jimmylegs, i know you pm'd me last year but I was in total ...
Read more : VItamins & Supplements | Views : 3197 | Replies : 17

MS and elevated liver enzymes

Dear Dim...
I wanted to start this thread and dedicate it to your lovely wife and my husband- two MSers who have had elevated liver enzymes without cause.

Jeff was not drinking alcohol or taking any medication when he was diagnosed with MS in March '07. He had not received steroids or Copaxone, and was not taking any supplements. His blood test showed liver enzymes (AST and ALT) elevated 10x normal. He was jaundiced, and ...
Read more : MS and elevated liver enzymes | Views : 13178 | Replies : 20

Is anyone taking glyconutrients?

I would like to hear from anyone who is supplementing their diet with the 8 healing sugars. Thanks
Read more : Is anyone taking glyconutrients? | Views : 1575 | Replies : 5

For those of us with tight budgets and need for supplements

My eyes popped out when I found this site. I'm supposing they are going out of business??

My quest for the hindering of my MS contiues and how!

This is a gold mine

http://www.puritansale.com
Read more : For those of us with tight budgets and need for supplements | Views : 1479 | Replies : 6

Getting vitamins in order - where to start?

Hi
for a long time I've taken alpha-lipoic acid, high dose b vitamins, high dose niacin about once a week to produce flushing, high dose vitamin c, evening primrose oil, fish oils, and vitamin d (only 400 iu). Also take magnesium but have run out recently.

I want to "get my house in order" about the vitamins. Should I be taking calcium with the vitamin d? Should I be taking iron? I seem to recall ...
Read more : Getting vitamins in order - where to start? | Views : 1230 | Replies : 3

Ann Boroch, Naturopath on Montel Williams

For those of us in the states, interested in alternative medicine:

Don't miss Ann Boroch's National telelvision debut on the Montel Williams Show this Friday, April 11th. The show is called "The Fight Against MS".

Check for local listing times - the show airs on Fox TV...be sure to Tivo.
To see a preview of the episode go to www.montelshow.com and click on Friday.

Ann Boroch, Naturopath
"Natural Health ...
Read more : Ann Boroch, Naturopath on Montel Williams | Views : 2249 | Replies : 1

Serrapeptase

Hi All,
In doing some Internet research focusing on the MS/Sinusitis connection, I stumbled on some web articles about Serrapeptase. Like all things at this point, I am always initially skeptical. Does anyone have more info about this?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Serrapeptase | Views : 3100 | Replies : 5

Acupuncture / Pain

:D 4 years ago I was in pain every night waking from sleep with very bad leg pains, I put up with this for about 1 year when somebody suggested Acupuncture, I tried this service for 3 sessions over 3 weeks and behold that pain I was suffering every night is now only a memory, I had forgoten this pain until now thats why I am ...
Read more : Acupuncture / Pain | Views : 1447 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220808 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service