It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:53 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

ALA as a Necessary Supplement

This is an excerpt from a research article I read this week about ALA. I posted this on the "Natural Supplements" page, but thought it might be better answered here since the other thread was old.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/94031.php

"Alpha lipoic acid is a naturally occurring nutrient found at low levels in green leafy vegetables, potatoes and meats, especially organ meats such as kidney, heart or liver. The amounts used in ...
Read more : ALA as a Necessary Supplement | Views : 1258 | Replies : 0

Acrylamide is neurotoxic, found in baked/fried food

I came across this because there is actually a section on how to avoid it, in the user manual to my oven. It gives scientific validity to the raw foods movement, as its found commonly in baked and fried foods. They appear to have only discovered it in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylamide

http://www.inchem.org/documents/hsg/hsg/hsg045.htm
Acrylamide is neurotoxic in a number of animal species. Central nervous system effects predominate in acute poisoning, whereas peripheral neuropathy occurs with repeated ...
Read more : Acrylamide is neurotoxic, found in baked/fried food | Views : 1282 | Replies : 0

IV Vitamins, anyone?

I was curious to find out if any of you had done any IV drips of vitamins. My wife was diagnosed back in 1990 and has had most of the symptoms I have seen on this forum. About 5 years ago, she literally exercised herself into complete numbness from her chest down. She couldn't feel her feet or walk for about a month, and we were really unsure of what to do. She had never ...
Read more : IV Vitamins, anyone? | Views : 2558 | Replies : 8

Mix and match Glucosamine

I now have a stock pile of n-acetyl and a 250 pill bottle glucosamine chondroitin (triple strength 750/600).

I haven't taken the n-acetyl for two days because I'm going to try the off-on method.

This morning I tried a triple strengh chondroitin on a mostly empty stomach and at first I had, what felt like, serious side effects. My entire body was vibrating and every time I started to fall back to sleep I would ...
Read more : Mix and match Glucosamine | Views : 1417 | Replies : 6

Blueberries, Dendrites and Viruses

Cruising through some of the Society for Neuroscience 2007 Abstracts (99.9% of which I can’t begin to understand) I came across this and thought it was a rather intriguing bit of info. Blueberry extract (in rats of course) can counter act some of the age related loss of dendrites and help with “brain circuitry”.

Sorry I can’t link to the actual abstract but here’s the title:

Dietary enrichment with 2% blueberry extract to aged ...
Read more : Blueberries, Dendrites and Viruses | Views : 2241 | Replies : 3

Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina

I started using one enzyme, a fibrinolytic, called lumbrokinase about a month ago and 2 weeks later added serrapeptase, a proteolytic and fibrinolytic. Since adding the serrapeptase my symptoms have felt rather worse although a new symptom, twitching finger, has almost stopped. I'm imagining that these enzymes are munching through the debris around my lesions but of course they might not be doing anything at all and it could just be the MS playing havoc ...
Read more : Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina | Views : 2544 | Replies : 0

Melatonin effects question

While looking up info on something else (which lead to this one, which lead to another post...), I came across the following statement:
... administration of melatonin (3 mg, P.O.) produced in this patient a rapid exacerbation of disability ...
at PubMed Link

I know most people on the ABX's should be taking melatonin as part of the therapy, but has anyone outside of this tried it and had an exacerbation? I have tried taking it, ...
Read more : Melatonin effects question | Views : 2443 | Replies : 7

Magnetic Field Therapies...

Successful treatment of an acute exacerbation of multiple sclerosis by external magnetic fields.
Sandyk R. wrote:A 55 year old woman with multiple sclerosis presented with a 5 week history of an exacerbation of symptoms. Prominent among these symptoms was trigeminal neuralgia, migraine headaches, blurring of vision, and ataxia of gait. While treatment with carbamazepine (TegretolR) (800 mg/d) and oral prednisolone (15 mg/d) over a 4 week period produced no improvement in symptoms, externally applied magnetic fields ...
Read more : Magnetic Field Therapies... | Views : 2446 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220773 • Total topics 22874 • Total members 14445

Contact us | Terms of Service