It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:15 pm

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Blueberries, Dendrites and Viruses

Cruising through some of the Society for Neuroscience 2007 Abstracts (99.9% of which I can’t begin to understand) I came across this and thought it was a rather intriguing bit of info. Blueberry extract (in rats of course) can counter act some of the age related loss of dendrites and help with “brain circuitry”.

Sorry I can’t link to the actual abstract but here’s the title:

Dietary enrichment with 2% blueberry extract to aged ...
Read more : Blueberries, Dendrites and Viruses | Views : 2251 | Replies : 3

Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina

I started using one enzyme, a fibrinolytic, called lumbrokinase about a month ago and 2 weeks later added serrapeptase, a proteolytic and fibrinolytic. Since adding the serrapeptase my symptoms have felt rather worse although a new symptom, twitching finger, has almost stopped. I'm imagining that these enzymes are munching through the debris around my lesions but of course they might not be doing anything at all and it could just be the MS playing havoc ...
Read more : Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina | Views : 2565 | Replies : 0

Melatonin effects question

While looking up info on something else (which lead to this one, which lead to another post...), I came across the following statement:
... administration of melatonin (3 mg, P.O.) produced in this patient a rapid exacerbation of disability ...
at PubMed Link

I know most people on the ABX's should be taking melatonin as part of the therapy, but has anyone outside of this tried it and had an exacerbation? I have tried taking it, ...
Read more : Melatonin effects question | Views : 2455 | Replies : 7

Magnetic Field Therapies...

Successful treatment of an acute exacerbation of multiple sclerosis by external magnetic fields.
Sandyk R. wrote:A 55 year old woman with multiple sclerosis presented with a 5 week history of an exacerbation of symptoms. Prominent among these symptoms was trigeminal neuralgia, migraine headaches, blurring of vision, and ataxia of gait. While treatment with carbamazepine (TegretolR) (800 mg/d) and oral prednisolone (15 mg/d) over a 4 week period produced no improvement in symptoms, externally applied magnetic fields ...
Read more : Magnetic Field Therapies... | Views : 2466 | Replies : 7

Progesterone--Mice

Hi all

I’m happy to report that I think it’s finally time to start a progesterone thread.

I know the confidence level in mouse research (mine included) ranges from 0 to –0, but I wanted to initiate a timeline of the development of progesterone starting with the early research in mice. And, the mouse trials are off and running…..

Here’s some postive info (for the mice at least) and the studies have been on the ...
Read more : Progesterone--Mice | Views : 3659 | Replies : 15

Supplements

October 14, 2007
Herbal supplements used to treat multiple sclerosis

Although not recognized in standard allopathic medicine, the use of herbal supplements can be very useful in treating MS.

Fish oil is a natural anti-inflammatory. In addition to treating inflammation caused by multiple sclerosis, fish oil also may have the ability to assist in myelin repair. It is often recommended by alternative medicine practitioners that people with multiple sclerosis take between 3 and 9 grams ...
Read more : Supplements | Views : 1618 | Replies : 2

macronutrients and muscles

not straight out of a journal, but an interesting read, in spite of the MS disclaimer at the top...
http://www.acu-cell.com/dis-mus.html
Read more : macronutrients and muscles | Views : 1389 | Replies : 0

Lipoic Acid: R vs. S

I recently posted this information in another thread but I thought that it might be a good idea for it to be in its own thread in the Natural Approach forum.

Lipoic acid is an antioxidant which some researchers are investigating as a possible treatment therapy for MS. Many people refer to lipoic acid by the name 'Alpha Lipoic Acid' however synthetic lipoic acid usually contains two isomers in a 50/50 mix known as the ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid: R vs. S | Views : 6345 | Replies : 14

Complementary supplements IFN-beta

MMP-9s KILL the activity of ALL IFN-Betas.

It is a VERY GOOD IDEA to lower MMP-9s if taking an Ifn-Beta drug.

If you want to maximize Avonex (or any beta interferon), lowering MMP-9s will prevent it from being degraded by being cleaved into parts thus killing its Activity/Effectiveness.

http://www.cnsforum.com/commenteditem/f ... fault.aspx

Also getting the most activity from the least amount of near natural (human) interferon like Avonex will usually ...
Read more : Complementary supplements IFN-beta | Views : 1607 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221795 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14555

Contact us | Terms of Service