It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Sleep

Here's an interesting abstract on the increase of inflammatory markers due to loss of sleep via sleep interruption. This research seems to correlate with my own experience as the neuropathic pain I experience is typically worse when I'm short on sleep yet it hardly bothers me first thing in the morning before I get up (it's also worse when I'm stressed, the last time I moved it felt like nearly my whole leg was wrapped ...
Read more : Sleep | Views : 1413 | Replies : 0

Lipoic Acid Study

The Oregon Health & Science University is currently recruiting patients for a study looking at the effects of Lipoic Acid in MS.
Study of Anti-Oxidant in Multiple Sclerosis
IRB# 1305, Principal Investigator: Vijayshree Yadav, M.D.

The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Oregon at Oregon Health & Science University is looking for people with a confirmed diagnosis of MS to participate in a research study that will require several blood draws and saliva collection. The purpose ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid Study | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0

Numerous supplements

Although the following info came in a commercial publication selling supplements, it may have real substance to it (tho I have not checked the references). The supplements mentioned have been addressed on this site before. And tho the article concerns "diabesity" (and therefore, insulin), this forum seems the most appropriate.

Nutrition Science Review

Chromium
Chromium improves glucose tolerance by taking 200 to 1,000 mcg of this essential trace mineral every day.
Chromium, Glucose Intolerance and ...
Read more : Numerous supplements | Views : 1406 | Replies : 0

site, good quote

http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v02n08.shtml

i really like this quote:

Restoring health must be done nutritionally, not pharmacologically. All cells in all persons are made exclusively from what we drink and eat. Not one cell is made out of drugs.
Read more : site, good quote | Views : 1295 | Replies : 0

Rocky Mountain MS cernter

My neuro recommended this site. She said it has relaible info on alternative meds.
http://www.ms-cam.org/index.php3/
NN
Read more : Rocky Mountain MS cernter | Views : 1846 | Replies : 6

acupunture?

Has anyone tried acupunture? Did you feel that it helped in alleviating symptoms? How long was it before you felt any positive effects? I've been doing it for a couple of months (with a very well thought of dr of TCM) and honestly cannot say that it has made any difference-- at this point I'm quite discouraged and feeling that I'm throwing my money away. And (very late at night) sometimes thinking that here is ...
Read more : acupunture? | Views : 2556 | Replies : 8

Gaba

I am a new member of this forum. As such, I am very interested in stimulating conversation about the many natural approaches to treating MS. Since I am on quite a few supplements and continue to read about others, I would like to start with my experience with Gaba.

After refusing to take any "drugs" for pain and spasms, my partner and I decided that lack of sleep was causing even more problems. Thus I ...
Read more : Gaba | Views : 4774 | Replies : 5

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 6140 | Replies : 12

ATTENTION: Jimmylegs-Netherlands daughter

Well Jimmylegs--my daughter called and read me her blood test results. Her bilirubin results??? Unable to assay. Interfering substance present. Samply grossly lipemic. (Am sure you know this is fat, plain and simple.)

This was for both the total and direct tests. And of course we know what the bilirubin tests---THE LIVER!! Damn! If they can't even get a reading how in the hell do they know her liver is doing fine!!!

This just sounds ...
Read more : ATTENTION: Jimmylegs-Netherlands daughter | Views : 1955 | Replies : 4

Dietary chelators

I don't know if this will be helpful for MS sufferers, but I thought it looked interesting.

Dietary chelators as antioxidant enzyme mimetics: implications for dietary intervention in neurodegenerative diseases.

Behav Pharmacol. 2006 Sep;17(5-6):425-430.
Hague T, Andrews PL, Barker J, Naughton DP.
School of aLife Sciences bPharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey cDivision of Basic Medical Sciences, St George's University of London, London, UK.

Following recent reviews on the role of metal ions in ...
Read more : Dietary chelators | Views : 1293 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218641 • Total topics 22527 • Total members 14175