It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 pm

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Glucosamine-Like Supplement Inhibits Multiple Sclerosis

Another mouse study that requires further investigation, but at least they're looking beyond the efficacy of a CRAB after ten years on patients that would be at the same point regardless.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=70952
Read more : Glucosamine-Like Supplement Inhibits Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1626 | Replies : 0

Supplements and Vitamins?

:?:
I am recently diagnosed with MS. I am trying to get a handle on what supplements and vitamins I should be taking on a daily basis. There is so much to digest.

So far, the following few stand out throughout my reading. Can you help me with a base list of essential supplements/vitamins and appropriate dosage???

Cod Live Oil OR Salmon Oil
1,000 mg. vitamin C ...
Read more : Supplements and Vitamins? | Views : 6871 | Replies : 24

Glucosamine-like supplement looks interesting

I love it when a simple, oral dietary supplement looks like it might be useful in the fight against MS. I found this on 'Eurekalert':

tmvasich@uci.edu <mailto:tmvasich@uci.edu>
949-824-6455
University of California - Irvine <http://www.uci.edu>
Glucosamine-like supplement inhibits multiple sclerosis, type 1 diabetes
Metabolic therapy shows promise for treating autoimmune diseases, UC Irvine study finds
Irvine, Calif., May 14, 2007 - A glucosamine-like dietary supplement has been found ...
Read more : Glucosamine-like supplement looks interesting | Views : 3221 | Replies : 6

glyconutrients

Would like to hear from any MS'rs taking glyconutrients. Went to a seminar on this subject and it all sounds to good to be true. Extremely expensive, but then again so is the copaxone I'm on. Take an arsenal of supplements now, but seem to be losing ground which is why I am considering the glyconutrients. Let me know -- good or negative replies.
Read more : glyconutrients | Views : 2839 | Replies : 4

Sleep

Here's an interesting abstract on the increase of inflammatory markers due to loss of sleep via sleep interruption. This research seems to correlate with my own experience as the neuropathic pain I experience is typically worse when I'm short on sleep yet it hardly bothers me first thing in the morning before I get up (it's also worse when I'm stressed, the last time I moved it felt like nearly my whole leg was wrapped ...
Read more : Sleep | Views : 1426 | Replies : 0

Lipoic Acid Study

The Oregon Health & Science University is currently recruiting patients for a study looking at the effects of Lipoic Acid in MS.
Study of Anti-Oxidant in Multiple Sclerosis
IRB# 1305, Principal Investigator: Vijayshree Yadav, M.D.

The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Oregon at Oregon Health & Science University is looking for people with a confirmed diagnosis of MS to participate in a research study that will require several blood draws and saliva collection. The purpose ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid Study | Views : 1575 | Replies : 0

Numerous supplements

Although the following info came in a commercial publication selling supplements, it may have real substance to it (tho I have not checked the references). The supplements mentioned have been addressed on this site before. And tho the article concerns "diabesity" (and therefore, insulin), this forum seems the most appropriate.

Nutrition Science Review

Chromium
Chromium improves glucose tolerance by taking 200 to 1,000 mcg of this essential trace mineral every day.
Chromium, Glucose Intolerance and ...
Read more : Numerous supplements | Views : 1429 | Replies : 0

site, good quote

http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v02n08.shtml

i really like this quote:

Restoring health must be done nutritionally, not pharmacologically. All cells in all persons are made exclusively from what we drink and eat. Not one cell is made out of drugs.
Read more : site, good quote | Views : 1306 | Replies : 0

Rocky Mountain MS cernter

My neuro recommended this site. She said it has relaible info on alternative meds.
http://www.ms-cam.org/index.php3/
NN
Read more : Rocky Mountain MS cernter | Views : 1858 | Replies : 6

acupunture?

Has anyone tried acupunture? Did you feel that it helped in alleviating symptoms? How long was it before you felt any positive effects? I've been doing it for a couple of months (with a very well thought of dr of TCM) and honestly cannot say that it has made any difference-- at this point I'm quite discouraged and feeling that I'm throwing my money away. And (very late at night) sometimes thinking that here is ...
Read more : acupunture? | Views : 2569 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service