It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:22 pm

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Daughter's "treatment"

Have never seen anything on these boards about a doctor in the Netherlands who treats diseases with natural supplements. LONG story short...a mother at my daughter's dance school had a 17 year old son disagnosed with Hodgin's Disease. After tons of chemo and a stem cell transplant, the disease was raging. The young man was given 4 months to live (last year in May). His mother found this doctor in the Netherlands (I had read ...
Read more : Daughter's "treatment" | Views : 5650 | Replies : 17

Lipoic acid research

Here's another bit of evidence for lipoic acid...

Lipoic acid downmodulates CD4 from human T lymphocytes by dissociation of p56(Lck).

Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006 Apr 5
Marracci GH, Marquardt WE, Strehlow A, McKeon GP, Gross J, Buck DC, Kozell LB, Bourdette DN.
Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, R&D-65, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA; Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA.

Lipoic acid is an antioxidant ...
Read more : Lipoic acid research | Views : 2299 | Replies : 5

MS & Lyme

Has anyone here tried the Salt & Vitamin C Protocol that is used for Lyme disease?
Read more : MS & Lyme | Views : 2003 | Replies : 2

acupuncture

has anyone tried acupuncture for ms? trying to find out more on the topic. seems it could help w/energy and lessening pain.. linda
Read more : acupuncture | Views : 1590 | Replies : 1

PARACTIN

After new articles on the potential benefits of PPARgamma agonists, I looked for "natural" PPARgamma agonists and found a product called "PARACTIN". They clame to be a natural PPARgamma agonist, also used for arthritis etc....

Anyone heart of PARACTIN before ?

Regards,
Degerlache
Read more : PARACTIN | Views : 1717 | Replies : 0

acetyl-L-carnitine

I had read some positive effects for acetyl-L-carnitine on fatigue in MS patients, based on a double-blinded study. I had also had some non-MS friends claim some energy benefits. The abstract on the MS study is below, I'm sure it has already been posted elsewhere.

I thought I would give it a go, starting with 250 mg with the idea of walking up to 1g total/day (in 4 250 mg increments), taking 250 mg for ...
Read more : acetyl-L-carnitine | Views : 2292 | Replies : 1

I removed my post

I removed my post
Read more : I removed my post | Views : 1976 | Replies : 4

Advice on Supplements

Hello,

I am trying to add supplements to my diet that will benefit my health. Currently I am taking Copaxone, a multi-vitamin and cod liver oil.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything additional that may help me. I have been reading up on different supplements but there are so many I don't know where to start. If you could recommend your favorite supplements and tell me how they have helped you I would ...
Read more : Advice on Supplements | Views : 2795 | Replies : 8

Neurodegeneration from Mitochondrial Insufficiency

Here's an abstract on Neurodegeneration and Mitochondrial Insufficiency: Nutrients, Stem Cells, Growth Factors and Prospects for Brain Rebuilding Using Integrative Management that may be of interest to some.

Practical recommendations are presented for integrating these safe and well-tolerated orthomolecular nutrients into a comprehensive dietary supplementation program for brain vitality and productive lifespan.

The entire article is available free in pdf format. There's a small segment on MS and a nice table at the very end ...
Read more : Neurodegeneration from Mitochondrial Insufficiency | Views : 2217 | Replies : 3

Glucosamine effective against EAE

Very interesting. Still haven't done any tests on humans yet, so can't get too excited.

Glucosamine abrogates the acute phase of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by induction of th2 response.

J Immunol. 2005 Dec 1;175(11):7202-8.

Zhang GX, Yu S, Gran B, Rostami A.
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107.

Glucosamine, a natural glucose derivative and an essential component of glycoproteins and proteoglycans, has been safely used to relieve osteoarthritis in humans. Recent studies ...
Read more : Glucosamine effective against EAE | Views : 2183 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216424 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13903