It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 am

News News of Natural Approach

Site map of Natural Approach » Forum : Natural Approach

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

No treatment effect for hydrolytic enzymes

Interesting, but disappointing...

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of oral hydrolytic enzymes in relapsing multiple sclerosis.

Baumhackl U, Kappos L, Radue EW, Freitag P, Guseo A, Daumer M, Mertin J.

Department of Neurology, Central Clinic, St Poelten, Austria. neurologie@kh-st-poelten.at

Oral administration of hydrolytic enzymes (HE), such as bromelain, trypsin and rutosid, may have beneficial effects on the clinical course of neurological symptoms related to multiple sclerosis (MS). This is supported ...
Read more : No treatment effect for hydrolytic enzymes | Views : 1500 | Replies : 0

Vitamin C and MS ???

I have been under the impression that Vitamin C is generally not recommended for people with MS because it may stimulate the immune system. I started to read more about it and came across this news release. Discovery Shows New Vitamin C Health Benefits

The newest findings explain for the first time how vitamin C can react with and neutralize the toxic byproducts of human fat metabolism.

“This is a previously unrecognized function for vitamin ...
Read more : Vitamin C and MS ??? | Views : 10303 | Replies : 18

Bee stings

Dear all,

Article on BBC website on bee stings and ms

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4134375.stm

Happy new year to you all. 2005 sounds like a year from Star Trek - it's a pity that our scientists are still in the dark ages when it comes to MS. The NMSS website says that it has spent $400 million to date on research. When combined with the total spent by all other societies / ...
Read more : Bee stings | Views : 1858 | Replies : 0

ENIVA products

The ENIVA Corp. located in Blaine Minnesota, suburb of the Twin Cities, St. Paul/Minneapolis, Produces products that are liquid vitamins and minerals. I've been using some of them since October.
My energy has increased, fatigue has declined, with the combination with taking LDN it has improved me. Before i could only use my walker for transferring to my scooter or just a few feet to get into the shower. I still have to use a ...
Read more : ENIVA products | Views : 2312 | Replies : 3

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Is anyone out there supplementing with Alpha Lipoic Acid? I have not been able to find out too much about it except for the CBS station in Chicago had done a story. The link below is that story.

http://cbs2chicago.com/health/local_sto ... 60834.html

I was diagnosed in March of this year with RRMS at the age of 44. I am currently on Rebif. I struggle with fatigue but do not take ...
Read more : Alpha Lipoic Acid | Views : 4080 | Replies : 7

Therapeutic Fasting

About three years ago, I got this idea that an age-old therapy could be used to treat exacerbations. Maybe my results are circumstantial, but I can't help but wonder: can "juice fasting" hinder MS disease activity? After all, there has been research done on the "harmful" effects of starvation diets like juice fasts and the like; of those harmful effects, a "weakened immune system" is a finding I've encountered more than once.

Therefore, could the ...
Read more : Therapeutic Fasting | Views : 5034 | Replies : 10

Anybody taking Ferulic Acid?

Based off of the story about synctin, is anyone taking Ferulic Acid as a supplement?

How much?
For how long?
What brand?
When are you taking it?
What effects have you noticed, if any?
Read more : Anybody taking Ferulic Acid? | Views : 2706 | Replies : 5

Dietary supplements - Web Vendors

Anyone know of any good - by that I guess I mean cheap but reliable - suppliers of dietary supplements, fish oils vitamins etc on the web.

All URLs gratefully received - just spent £45 ($60+) in our local "health" store.
Read more : Dietary supplements - Web Vendors | Views : 2238 | Replies : 2

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) May Be a Good Supplement

I hope this is the Vitamin Supplement thread. :) Long post, but I thought interesting info :)

In my quest to try and figure out how best to manage MS, I’ve discovered more interesting research on ALCAR. In addition to potentially helping with the fatigue, it seems ALCAR may have a neuroprotective role in MS, a very speculative peripheral ...
Read more : Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) May Be a Good Supplement | Views : 11499 | Replies : 15

Vitamins.....Minerals.....Thoughts

I read here, can't remember what thread, about someone trying Linoleic Acid. Here is a link where I purchase this online, as well as Co enzyme Q10. I also use Sublingual B12, Grape seed extract, and Coral Calcium with added vitamins.

It is cheaper here than in my Pharmacy....

What are other Vitamins and minerals that we as MSers use, and how do they help us??

https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/prod ... ode=PH149n
Read more : Vitamins.....Minerals.....Thoughts | Views : 3577 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216470 • Total topics 22115 • Total members 13908