It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:17 pm

News News of Rebif

Site map of Rebif » Forum : Rebif

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif

New to Rebif - Worried about Site Reactions

Hi All,
I have just switched to Rebif from Avonex. I've had 5 injections at 8.8 mg (Titration Pak) and have had site reactions to 3 of them. I get red circles about the size of a dime. They don't hurt or look inflamed. I know this is common. When should I be worried enough to call my doctor? Will they eventually fade, or am I going to be polka-dotted forever? Will it get worse ...
Read more : New to Rebif - Worried about Site Reactions | Views : 3374 | Replies : 8

Just switched from Avonex - site reactions

Hi All,
I have just switched to Rebif from Avonex. I've had 5 injections at 8.8 mg (Titration Pak) and have had site reactions to 3 of them. I get red circles about the size of a dime. They don't hurt or look inflamed. I know this is common. When should I be worried enough to call my doctor? Will they eventually fade, or am I going to be polka-dotted forever? Will it get worse ...
Read more : Just switched from Avonex - site reactions | Views : 3875 | Replies : 11

How long before side effects?

I was wondering, how long was it before you started experiencing flu like symptoms from Rebif?

Honestly, I wasn't expecting side effects for a little while, at least until I stepped up to 44 mcg full dose...

I've only had three shots, and I'm wondering if this is normal? My throat's sore, and I've got a small fever....and it's not strep throat (which I've been exposed to), I was just at a doctor's yesterday!
Read more : How long before side effects? | Views : 3787 | Replies : 5

Experiences with Rebif

This is a call for our members who currently are, or previously have taken, Rebif for the treatment of MS to please share your experiences with the therapy at a new project that has sprung out of our work at This is MS, aptly titled "the Experience Project"

Born out of our experiences (no pun intended) here at This is MS, where a wonderful community has formed based (originally) on shared and common experience, the ...
Read more : Experiences with Rebif | Views : 6468 | Replies : 1

Question about interactions with Rebif

I planned to ask my neuro today if any of the supplements I'm taking might interact with Rebif since I am going to be starting it soon. Unfortunately I only got the nurse and she couldn't get me off the phone quick enough. Right now I am taking Omega 3, Lecithin and a multivitamin plus Allegra for my sinus and allergy problems. Were you told of any supplements or other medications to avoid when taking ...
Read more : Question about interactions with Rebif | Views : 3041 | Replies : 4

Hypothyroidism and Rebif

Hi! My mom has MS and hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's specifically). She's been on Copaxone but she just had a scan and they found new lesions, so they're thinking of switching her. But she's read that you shouldn't take Rebif if you have thyroid problems.

Does anyone have experience dealing with both a thyroid problem and Rebif?

Also, has anyone had problems with their white blood cell count being too low?

Thanks so much for your help!
Read more : Hypothyroidism and Rebif | Views : 5676 | Replies : 4

Rebiject II issues -Need tips!

Hey all,

I have been taking Rebif a few weeks now. I prefer to use the Rebiject for the normal reasons. However, I noticed something every time I inject, and the RN's always give me conflicting answers, so I am hoping to get some help from "real" people (nothing against the nurses).

I load the syringe into the housing until it clicks. When I remove the needle cap, there is not just a drop on ...
Read more : Rebiject II issues -Need tips! | Views : 4778 | Replies : 5

Serono fined!

Serono, the makers of Rebif, have just run into a little bit of trouble with the law in this country. I certainly hope they didn't apply this practice towards Rebif as well!

Harry

Drugmaker to pay $704M for fraud

WASHINGTON -- The Swiss manufacturer of the AIDS treatment drug Serostim agreed Monday to pay $704 million and plead guilty to scheming to boost sagging sales by, among other things, offering kickbacks to doctors to ...
Read more : Serono fined! | Views : 2963 | Replies : 2

why Rebif?

what made you choose Rebif over the other CRABS? My son will have to start one soon, and Im torn between which one we should go with. His Dr. asked me to research them and decide. They both have good and bad sides. Side effects, times etc.

Maybe you all could give me more ideas on which one?
Thank you.

kristy
Read more : why Rebif? | Views : 3617 | Replies : 2

quitting Rebif??

Hi Everyone. This is the first post I am making as I just registered. I was diagnosed with MS June 6/05. I had symptoms for a year before I was diagnosed. I had severe tingling in my legs (that started only in 1), severe tremor of my right hand, numbness in my chest only on one side. Because of my age (24 at the time), I am not overweight (ideal weight), and I do not ...
Read more : quitting Rebif?? | Views : 4591 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221004 • Total topics 22913 • Total members 14472

Contact us | Terms of Service