It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 pm

News News of Regimens

Site map of Regimens » Forum : Regimens

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

IV solumedrol as preventitive for relapses

I finished a 2 day course ofIV solumedrol 2 days ago and today had to come home from work due to fatigue, muscle pain and some vision difficulties. The vision problems have resolved but not the fatigue and muscle aches. It feels like my neck and torso have been used as a punching bag. I'm concerned about this because my neurologist wants me to start regular IV treatments one day a month to prevent further ...
Read more : IV solumedrol as preventitive for relapses | Views : 8922 | Replies : 6

UK vs. US drug regimens

Hi all.

My mother has MS and lives in the UK, I live in USA. I want to know if she is getting the best treatment. I am always looking at what is out there. She has secondary progressive - and is quite progressed. There isn't much - but even with treatments for symptoms some are better than others.

Currently all they are giving her in UK is:
Symmetrel for fatigue
B vitamins
*Paroxetine* for ...
Read more : UK vs. US drug regimens | Views : 5846 | Replies : 22

Still Not Done Yet

I have been following the Wheldon protocol for the last year and a half and recently stopped full time treatment. A week ago, I wrote to David describing my experience since stopping full-time, antibiotic treatment.

I wrote, "Well, I've been off antibiotics since April 15 and in the last couple of weeks, I've noticed a few problems creeping back. I have been experiencing more violent spasms(worst in two years) in my legs with increased frequency ...
Read more : Still Not Done Yet | Views : 8851 | Replies : 22

Here we go.....

This is to document my MS adventure....I hope someone finds it useful/interesting (apart from me!)

History: I was diagnosed in January 2006, at the time suffering some fairly severe difficulties walking, bladder disfunction and fatigue. I lost sensation on on side of my body and in one arm Looking back my first symptoms were in October 2004 when I had some hearing problems in one ear and difficulty passing water.

Currently: All my symptoms have ...
Read more : Here we go..... | Views : 2556 | Replies : 5

Twenty-three and onward

It is several months since my last post. This is a short update for those who are interested in how antibiotics return to some people lives that were thought lost for always.

In Sept., 2004 I was very dim and fading fast when my sister found the work of David Wheldon and Charles Stratton based on the cause of MS as a bacterium of the Chlamydia family, a nasty, devious bug not even discovered until ...
Read more : Twenty-three and onward | Views : 2579 | Replies : 6

Sunshine and doxycycline

Copied from "Antibiotics"

Along with the seasonal change in the northern hemisphere to longer, sunnier days, I thought it might be wise to remind people taking doxycycline that they should avoid prolonged unprotected exposure to the sun. Although on vacation at the moment, David went in to the hospital today to check his mail and found a few people experiencing rashes and suchlike, so please remember your sunscreen and/or sunhats and long sleeves.

Sarah ...
Read more : Sunshine and doxycycline | Views : 2291 | Replies : 1

Hyperbaric oxygen

Has anyone here tried Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (breathing oxygen in a high pressure chamber)?

Does anyone know of any research into its efficacy?

I just started a course of treatment (1 dx for 3 weeks). The centre I'm going to makes no great claims, only that about 1 in 3 see an improvement in symptoms specifically improved bladder function (frequency and urgency) and improve fatigue levels. Since my current routine is to start yawning at ...
Read more : Hyperbaric oxygen | Views : 3528 | Replies : 8

vitamin YAY!!!!!!!!

ok get this: i was getting slowly better but then my daily b complex pill pushed my folic acid over the top and i started itching like mad.

i dropped the daily b complex to 3x/wk, and kept on with the b12. then i noticed that my last problem to resolve had taken a turn for the worse. my hands felt like dead slabs of meat on the ends of my arms (i could still ...
Read more : vitamin YAY!!!!!!!! | Views : 4755 | Replies : 8

Antibiotics post a risk for increased lung infections?

Posted on ThisIsMS' articles page is the following: "Recent interest in antibiotics as a potential treatment for MS have brought this class of therapeutics into our sphere of interest. A new study shows that acne sufferers, a group that often uses long-term antibiotics of the tetracycline family have an elevated risk for developing upper respiratory tract infections.
More specifically, for patients using topical or internal antibiotics for longer than six weeks, the risk for an ...
Read more : Antibiotics post a risk for increased lung infections? | Views : 5483 | Replies : 15

Here we go , I started doxy on Sat. working up to 200 mgs by yesterday as pharmacy wanted me to work up slowly due to questionable allergy problems to tetracycline as a child.

So far so good, I felt like I was coming down with cold first day and it went away.

I meet with my doctor next week to discuss addition of zithromax, I wrote her a 3 page letter explaining I need ...
Read more : abx | Views : 14520 | Replies : 59

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228531 • Total topics 24178 • Total members 15466

Contact us | Terms of Service