It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:38 am

News News of Regimens

Site map of Regimens » Forum : Regimens

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

Preventing Multiple Sclerosis webcast

I would like to bring to your collective attention the latest webcast by DIRECT-MS. It is entitled Preventing Multiple Sclerosis and is the second in a series of web casts regarding nutrition and Multiple Sclerosis. The focus of the Prevention presentation is how MS can be easily, safely and inexpensively prevented by focusing on protective factors. This is a must see for those people with MS who have children.

Our previous webcast, Nutritional Strategies for ...
Read more : Preventing Multiple Sclerosis webcast | Views : 1878 | Replies : 2

Low-sat fat diet, omega-3s, ALA, statin, Ginkgo, Copaxone

My first exacerbation was in 1996, so I have had MS now for 8 1/2 years. I have had a total of four exacerbations, each milder than the last. I have no disabilty, and no symptoms of MS, and my last exacerbation was three years ago.

However, I have no idea whether to credit my regimen for my good health thus far. I strongly suspect someone else with more aggressive disease might have followed my ...
Read more : Low-sat fat diet, omega-3s, ALA, statin, Ginkgo, Copaxone | Views : 4448 | Replies : 13

Tman’s antibiotic journey.

In 8/04 I had Lhermitte’s sign and numb fingers. 10/04 had MRI with 3 lesions on brain and one spinal cord lesion in the neck area. The lesion in the neck was enhanced, but there was no enhancement fluid used for the brain MRI. I had a spinal tap that came out negative. The neurologist said I had an 80% chance of getting a MS diagnosis in a year or two.

I had developed another ...
Read more : Tman’s antibiotic journey. | Views : 3542 | Replies : 7

Additions to supplement list in my first post!

If you look at the first of my postings in "Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" you will see that I have made some additions to the supplements list. These are in no way compulsory, but I have found them very beneficial, especially when you get onto the metronodizole. It means you don't have to take so much of the other supplements as well!

Sarah :wink:
Read more : Additions to supplement list in my first post! | Views : 2193 | Replies : 2

ms regimen

:lol: Betaseron ( for the obvious), folic acid 3mg (lg dose) for severe pain from elbows down to hands. Neuro said nerve pain but not carpel tunnel or cubital tunnel. He says it is still out in the medical world whether or not it is caused by the MS or by the Interferon.

B12, L-carnitine (for fatigue), Provigil (for fatigue), milk thistle (for my liver), cranberry extract ...
Read more : ms regimen | Views : 1775 | Replies : 0

Designing an exercise programme for a participant with MS

Though multiple sclerosis can be a challenging health condition both physically and psychologically, research has shown that a person's level of physical fitness, psychological disposition and general quality of life can improve with regular physical activity, strength training, and flexibility exercises. As Johnson says, despite ongoing hopes for a cure for multiple sclerosis, "exercise is universally available and can be readily designed for virtually any level of neurological disability"

That's from http://www.ncpad.org/disability/fact_sheet.php?sheet=187&section=1382. The site is ...
Read more : Designing an exercise programme for a participant with MS | Views : 1872 | Replies : 2

Using Medical Marijuana

Alison Myrden has Multiple Sclerosis. Her condition causes her constant pain, bladder problems and leg spasms. The drugs prescribed for her condition render her comatose. Instead, Alison chooses medical marijuana. Come spend a day with her and find out why.

http://www.cbc.ca/webone/alison/
Read more : Using Medical Marijuana | Views : 5805 | Replies : 28

IN A NUTSHELL

As some of you may know, or possibly recognize my "name", I've been a member here for 6 or 8 months I believe. As of recent I have spent limited time here not because I have ANY dislikes about this board. I just felt I was getting MS saturated....not a good thing. Why make this more of my life than it already is.

I have also visited several other MS forums. Seems I always end-up ...
Read more : IN A NUTSHELL | Views : 2173 | Replies : 6

Anti-viral treatment

Given the hypotheses that MS may have a viral cause especially the Epstein Barr virus, I am going to discuss with my doctor taking valacyclovir which is an anti-viral treatment. In a 2002 study in Denmark patients on valacyclovir showed 20% fewer lesions on average than controls. Is anybody else trying this or contemplating this?

Alex, London
Read more : Anti-viral treatment | Views : 2685 | Replies : 9

Eat What?

:lol:
[It took many years to learn what I have been taught wrong. And what must be corrected. The following is what I have just barely come to understand.

THINGS WE MUST FIRST UNDERSTAND: (courtesy, in part, of Hypocrates, Mishu Kushi, and a life-long curiosity)
First, do no Harm Hypocrates, 370 B.C.
You are what You Eat!
There is no CURE. It took us a long time ...
Read more : Eat What? | Views : 2062 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218768 • Total topics 22549 • Total members 14197