It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 pm

News News of Regimens

Site map of Regimens » Forum : Regimens

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

OddDuck's "odd" regimen

Someone asked if I would post my regimen. I think I did somewhere else before, but here's an update.

-Low fat diet
-Mild exercise (stationary bike and stretching mainly)
-Eat nuts every day (for vitamin E, etc.)
-Green tea
-Multi-vitamin (for "mature" people, loaded with extra Bs, etc., and also has lycopene and lutein and bilberry, on and on)
-L-Carnitine (250 mg once in the morning and once at night)
-Grapeseed (50 mg tablet - ...
Read more : OddDuck's "odd" regimen | Views : 7863 | Replies : 30

Also getting better on antibiotic regime

Hi. This is my first post, although I've been listening in for a while.
I started taking minocycline in May 2004 after reading about the Metz & Yong study results in Canada. The minocycline resulted in some limited, but immediate improvements. When researching the reasons antibiotics had an effect I came across a link to David Wheldon's website about Chlamydia pneumoniae on thisisms.com.

I've been diagnosed with RRMS for over 20 years and had graduated ...
Read more : Also getting better on antibiotic regime | Views : 17012 | Replies : 72

My antibiotics,week by week.

At the request ot Arron,I am starting a new thread tracking my antibiotic progress (or lack of it!)

I'm 42,an actress with 2 boys aged 9+10 and i live in London with my theatre director husband.

I was dx in 1987 after a weak left arm made work a bit more difficult.and after an MRI scan, was told i had M.S. in my local Casualty.Smashing.
I was given bottle of steroids and sent on my ...
Read more : My antibiotics,week by week. | Views : 3044 | Replies : 9

Antibiotic treatment

Dear all,

I started my anti-biotic regime just under two weeks ago. As Sarah suggests, its probably best to let some time pass before describing any changes. My changes to date have been mainly psychological - I feel better because I'm doing something. As I've mentioned before my neurologist (I live in the UK) told me there was nothing he could do until I had experienced a second attack. My 'thick' head has disappeared.

I ...
Read more : Antibiotic treatment | Views : 2205 | Replies : 5

My MS Bag of Tricks

Treatment : How Long : Dosage

LDN, Low Dose Naltrexone : 4/17/03 : 3.0 MG capsule, daily, 9p-3a

Franklin Time Management : 10/95 : Daily, use Planner Software and paper books.

Dr. Wayne Dyer books/tapes : 5/93 : Quite frequently review, affects me daily, 11+ years now.

My 3 Chiropractors : 12/89 : sometimes twice a week, usually twice a month, ideally once a month.

That's my main 4 Felix the Cat MS Bag of ...
Read more : My MS Bag of Tricks | Views : 5130 | Replies : 11

Keppra for stiffness?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of using Keppra (levetiracetam) for controlling stiffness. My Neuro has suggested I start using this to see if it will help with the stiffness problems I am having.
If you are using it what dosage are you taking?

Thanks,
Andy
Read more : Keppra for stiffness? | Views : 1788 | Replies : 1

Burned out on MS meds

PAST MS TREATMENT
Avonex: weekly IM injection
Discont'd after about 3months due to side effects

Copaxone : daily subQ injection
Also discont'd (on 05/18/04) after about 3 months, due to side effects.

CURRENT MS TREATMENT
No MS meds since that last Copaxone shot 5 months ago.

I'm no longer takinganything for MS, nor am I likely to try anything new in the foreseeable future. My course of MS seems pretty stable to me so ...
Read more : Burned out on MS meds | Views : 3327 | Replies : 12

Anecdote's personal treatment regime

Posted originally: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:39 pm Post subject: Treating for Chlamydia pneumoniae - a possible cause of MS

Treatment:

rifampicin, 300mg twice a day
or, as originally started: doxycycline, 200mg once a day, but would have to be avoided during pregnancy
roxithromycin, 150mg twice a day (which could be substituted by azithromycin in the States)
B-12, 5000mcg sublingually every day
co-enzyme Q10 in large dosages
4000mg Fish Oil per day
Vitamins A,B,C,D,E, ...
Read more : Anecdote's personal treatment regime | Views : 14325 | Replies : 58

Antegren implications

Dear all,

In a month's time we will hopfully know if Antegren has been given approval by the FDA. Let us assume that approval is given on the basis that it is more effective than the current CRAB drugs (why is it that the four CRAB drugs have the same effectiveness - I've seen estimates of 25-30% at reducing attacks - surely you would expect some variation?). I think it would be worth starting a ...
Read more : Antegren implications | Views : 5345 | Replies : 22

When is MS - MS?

Dear all,

A couple of questions:

When I was dx'd in May my neuro said that I had ms, he's reasoning - the MRI showed scarring in two areas of the CNS (brain and spinal cord). When I went back to see him four months later (as he had asked me to) he saw that I was distressed at the thought of having such a vile disease for the rest of my life, and said ...
Read more : When is MS - MS? | Views : 2313 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218740 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14191