It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:50 pm

News News of Regimens

Site map of Regimens » Forum : Regimens

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

Important for those on antibiotics...

Remedyfind now has a category for antibiotics.

http://remedyfind.com/rem.asp?ID=6561

Please log on and post your experience there- good, bad, or in between.

I would suggest posting your regimen as they simply have one category for "antibiotics".
Read more : Important for those on antibiotics... | Views : 1977 | Replies : 1

Daunted's antibiotic log

As you may recall, I am not diagnosed with MS but a "clinically isolated syndrome"; I have positive VEPs and unremitting symptoms consistent with mild MS. I have had two negative MRIs. I am undergoing antibiotic treatment with the Vanderbilt protocol (Amoxicillin, Doxcycyline, Rifampin, and pulses of Flagyl).

I am in the middle of my first pulse of Flagyl. I am keeping a symptom log and when I am several months into this, I will ...
Read more : Daunted's antibiotic log | Views : 25295 | Replies : 121

Synctin and ferulic acid

Just wondering if anyone found further research on this other than the original findings.
Anyone tying it? If so, any results?

Thanks.
Tom
Read more : Synctin and ferulic acid | Views : 1871 | Replies : 0

questions to those already on antibiotics

I have a few questions for those of you taking antibiotics (I am on Amoxicillin and Doxycycline, adding Rifampin soon):

1. I take Bromelain and I see that it interacts with amoxicillin, making it more bio-available, supposedly. Good thing or bad thing?

2. I am having some GI difficulties despite taking loads of probiotics. How much is too much when it comes to that? I wonder if am taking too much.

3. Is the charcoal ...
Read more : questions to those already on antibiotics | Views : 5098 | Replies : 17

OddDuck's "odd" regimen

Someone asked if I would post my regimen. I think I did somewhere else before, but here's an update.

-Low fat diet
-Mild exercise (stationary bike and stretching mainly)
-Eat nuts every day (for vitamin E, etc.)
-Green tea
-Multi-vitamin (for "mature" people, loaded with extra Bs, etc., and also has lycopene and lutein and bilberry, on and on)
-L-Carnitine (250 mg once in the morning and once at night)
-Grapeseed (50 mg tablet - ...
Read more : OddDuck's "odd" regimen | Views : 7931 | Replies : 30

Also getting better on antibiotic regime

Hi. This is my first post, although I've been listening in for a while.
I started taking minocycline in May 2004 after reading about the Metz & Yong study results in Canada. The minocycline resulted in some limited, but immediate improvements. When researching the reasons antibiotics had an effect I came across a link to David Wheldon's website about Chlamydia pneumoniae on thisisms.com.

I've been diagnosed with RRMS for over 20 years and had graduated ...
Read more : Also getting better on antibiotic regime | Views : 17129 | Replies : 72

My antibiotics,week by week.

At the request ot Arron,I am starting a new thread tracking my antibiotic progress (or lack of it!)

I'm 42,an actress with 2 boys aged 9+10 and i live in London with my theatre director husband.

I was dx in 1987 after a weak left arm made work a bit more difficult.and after an MRI scan, was told i had M.S. in my local Casualty.Smashing.
I was given bottle of steroids and sent on my ...
Read more : My antibiotics,week by week. | Views : 3069 | Replies : 9

Antibiotic treatment

Dear all,

I started my anti-biotic regime just under two weeks ago. As Sarah suggests, its probably best to let some time pass before describing any changes. My changes to date have been mainly psychological - I feel better because I'm doing something. As I've mentioned before my neurologist (I live in the UK) told me there was nothing he could do until I had experienced a second attack. My 'thick' head has disappeared.

I ...
Read more : Antibiotic treatment | Views : 2240 | Replies : 5

My MS Bag of Tricks

Treatment : How Long : Dosage

LDN, Low Dose Naltrexone : 4/17/03 : 3.0 MG capsule, daily, 9p-3a

Franklin Time Management : 10/95 : Daily, use Planner Software and paper books.

Dr. Wayne Dyer books/tapes : 5/93 : Quite frequently review, affects me daily, 11+ years now.

My 3 Chiropractors : 12/89 : sometimes twice a week, usually twice a month, ideally once a month.

That's my main 4 Felix the Cat MS Bag of ...
Read more : My MS Bag of Tricks | Views : 5168 | Replies : 11

Keppra for stiffness?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of using Keppra (levetiracetam) for controlling stiffness. My Neuro has suggested I start using this to see if it will help with the stiffness problems I am having.
If you are using it what dosage are you taking?

Thanks,
Andy
Read more : Keppra for stiffness? | Views : 1817 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service