It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:15 pm

News News of Stem Cells

Site map of Stem Cells » Forum : Stem Cells

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.

Cord Blood

If you had children fairly recently, did you choose to save the cord blood?

Why or why not? Would you with future children?

I confess I know very little about stem cells and MS, but I am intrigued by the possibility of doing this with my future children.
Read more : Cord Blood | Views : 2877 | Replies : 11

Stem Cell Therapies

I spent less than 20k in Thailand, here is the letter I sent them when I got home.

Thank you for the medical care that I received during the stem cell procedure in Bangkok, Thailand. The doctors were the highest professional level. The science was advance. Your team's gentleness and care made it much easier than I experienced in any other medical or hospital facility outside Thailand.

I must admit that at first I had ...
Read more : Stem Cell Therapies | Views : 2528 | Replies : 7

HSCT shows signs of restoring nerves

I think this is the same Canadian team that Bromley has been posting about, but with an emphasis on repair that I haven't seen before, (I've probably just missed it). The fact that improvement has taken two years to show somehow makes it seem more credible: a friend of mine had a nerve transplant in his arm which took two years to connect – and that, of course, was his peripheral nervous system – professor ...
Read more : HSCT shows signs of restoring nerves | Views : 2451 | Replies : 5

UK to allow use of hybrid embryos

The British parliament has voted to allow the use of hybrid embryos in order to advance stem cell research. It's a subject that raises blood pressure in lots of people, but I agree with the man who said, " try everything":
MPs vote to allow scientists use hybrid embryos for Stem Cell research
Scientists have been given the green light to use animal-human hybrid embryos for medical research after MPs yesterday resisted calls for ...
Read more : UK to allow use of hybrid embryos | Views : 1467 | Replies : 0

Interferon and stem cells

It's what we've all been dreaming of: a way to combine one of the most promising future MS treatments with the crap we're currently stuck with!

Stem cell based delivery of IFN-beta reduces relapses in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.

J Neuroimmunol. 2008 May 7
Makar TK, Trisler D, Bever CT, Goolsby JE, Sura KT, Balasubramanian S, Sultana S, Patel N, Ford D, Singh IS, Gupta A, Valenzuela RM, Dhib-Jalbut S.
VA Maryland Healthcare System, Baltimore, MD ...
Read more : Interferon and stem cells | Views : 1650 | Replies : 0

Programmable Stem Cells?

Found an interesting article about UCLA Researchers that created Programmable Stem Cells.

Worth a look at:
http://www.dailytech.com/UCLA+Researchers+Create+Programmable+Stem+Cells/article11688.htm
Read more : Programmable Stem Cells? | Views : 1822 | Replies : 1

placenta stem cells used for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

Celgene Cellular Therapeutics Announces Clinical Transplant of Human Placenta-Derived Stem Cells

Celgene Cellular Therapeutics (CCT), a wholly owned subsidiary of Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ: CELG), today announced the clinical application of a human placenta-derived stem cells (HPDSCs) for hematopoietic reconstitution. The groundbreaking transplant occurred at the LSU Health Sciences Center Children’s Hospital (LSU) on March 28, 2008 to treat a pediatric patient with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a cancer of the bone marrow and blood. Following ...
Read more : placenta stem cells used for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia | Views : 1677 | Replies : 0

phase 2 trial to treat stroke

This is interesting to me because,
The twin objectives of the regimen are to stimulate the growth and differentiation of new neurons to replace the brain cells that were lost or damaged by the stroke, and importantly, to direct motor, visual and cognitive recovery after acute ischemic stroke.

Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp. Receives "May Proceed" From FDA for Its Phase IIb Clinical Stroke Trial and IND

Marketwire - April 23, 2008 - Stem Cell Therapeutics ...
Read more : phase 2 trial to treat stroke | Views : 1618 | Replies : 0

UK stem cell researcher

I'd hope they can do better than 15 years. Thankfully, there is other stem cell research in the UK e.g. Professor Scolding, where an early pilot trial has begun.

<shortened url>
Read more : UK stem cell researcher | Views : 2276 | Replies : 3

Bone marrow trial in Kentucky

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=8179861

If someone on here tries this and it is a success you owe me a $100 (that's fair isn't it?)

Ian
Read more : Bone marrow trial in Kentucky | Views : 1998 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234281 • Total topics 25195 • Total members 16412

Contact us | Terms of Service