It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:11 pm

News News of Stem Cells

Site map of Stem Cells » Forum : Stem Cells

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.

Bone marrow stem cells

Summary paper on bone marrow stem cells

<shortened url>
Read more : Bone marrow stem cells | Views : 1132 | Replies : 0

Neural stem cells

Summary of presentation on neural stem cells.

<shortened url>
Read more : Neural stem cells | Views : 1071 | Replies : 0

Some caution on the timescale for stem cell therapies

As usual with MS any good news (last week's news about stem cells turning into myelin) has to be balanced with some not so good news. Stem cell therapies are some way off.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS ... sage/21106

But there is plenty of research going on outside the States, including research on using ones own stem cells (which I assume should be safer and have less ethical problems). So hopefully things ...
Read more : Some caution on the timescale for stem cell therapies | Views : 1558 | Replies : 2

MultiCell Technologies

Attached is the investor presentation given by MultiCell Technoloiges. MS is one of the diseases which the company is focusing on. Not too much information but at least another company involved in MS therapies.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j397024085&w=464753

Bromley
Read more : MultiCell Technologies | Views : 1173 | Replies : 0

Australian research

Read more : Australian research | Views : 1206 | Replies : 0

More umbilical cord stem cell advances

Lots of progress on stem cells these days.

Researchers make 'embryonic-like' stem cells from umbilical cord blood

August 18, 2005 - Eurekalert - A breakthrough in human stem cell research, producing embryonic-like cells from umbilical cord blood may substantially speed up the development of treatments for life-threatening illnesses, injuries and disabilities. The discovery made during a project undertaken with experts from the University of Texas Medical Branch and the Synthecon Corporation in the United States ...
Read more : More umbilical cord stem cell advances | Views : 1413 | Replies : 0

Neural stem cells

Dear all,

Another advance in nerve stem cells. This is one area where advances are being reported almost every week. Somewhere along the line this must benefit us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4155016.stm

Bromley
Read more : Neural stem cells | Views : 1575 | Replies : 1

Umbilical Cord Stem Cells

A company called Advanced Cell Therapeutics is now offering stem cell transplants using umbilical cord stem cells...It looks so promising that I'm booking myself in there as soon as possible! It is unfortunately quite expensive (about 18,000 euros). Their website is http://www.stem-cells.com/contact.html.

Alex 8)
Read more : Umbilical Cord Stem Cells | Views : 5315 | Replies : 19

Dr. Freedman

Hubby and I actually went to this and it was interesting to say the least and we even had a women there from our area in the actual study. She is doing great and has noticeable as he said(Dr. Freedman tried to get her up but she did not)improvement. Keep in mind there has been the one death to date or as far as I know I think he was the 41 year old. Have ...
Read more : Dr. Freedman | Views : 2005 | Replies : 2

Stem cells create functioning brain cells

Progress on neural stem cells seem to be picking up.

Scientists create working brain cells

July 28, 2005 -- Reuters -- Swedish researchers have created new functioning brain cells from stem cells drawn from the brains of living adults, sparking hope that effective treatments for devastating illnesses like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's could be at hand, media reported overnight.

Neurosurgeons withdrew the stem cells from the brains of adults during routine surgery for hydrocephalus, or water ...
Read more : Stem cells create functioning brain cells | Views : 1720 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218660 • Total topics 22531 • Total members 14178