It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:01 am

News News of Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Site map of Tcelna (Tovaxin) » Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Dr Zang

I think this article is about the Dr Zang who developed the T cell vaccination. Interesting that GSK have snapped him up - they are one of the big players.

GlaxoSmithKline Launches Chinese R&D Centre with Appointment of Head in Shanghai 24 May 2007

Jingwu Zang to lead work on neurogenerative diseases.

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today announced the appointment of Jingwu Zang to head a new GSK research and development centre in Shanghai, China. His ...
Read more : Dr Zang | Views : 2753 | Replies : 6

Greetings from Europe and waiting for tovaxin to start there

Hi everybody and congratulations for this very interesting forum.

I'm french and my girlfriend was recently diagnosed with MS. (we're both 22) My whole world was crushed away in two weeks as many of our life projects were questioned because of MS.

I started searching the Internet all I could find about the disease, especially treatments, and I eventually heard about Tovaxin, which seems to me very promising. Unfortunately, we're french and there's no tovaxin ...
Read more : Greetings from Europe and waiting for tovaxin to start there | Views : 2640 | Replies : 6

My Tovaxin Experience so far

Howdy all,

I have been watching what has been going on here at the Tovaxin forum with great interest but have remained silent on how things are going for me in the study. I received my third injection last Thursday so here is how things have gone for me.

I went in for my first treatment on March 23 and the whole deal was uneventful. As a side note, it was very important that the ...
Read more : My Tovaxin Experience so far | Views : 10024 | Replies : 59

T-Cell vaccines

I know its a tovaxin forum, and i know its had a higher published success rate, but why is it that there are so many people excited about a phase IIb treatment (Tovaxin) over a similar treatment (in my understanding of the theorys) already in Phase 3 ??

If / Once it gets to market, I am sure they will improve its effectiveness to close to that of ...
Read more : T-Cell vaccines | Views : 4027 | Replies : 15

Opexa Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb

http://www.genengnews.com/news/bnitem.aspx?name=17568660
Opexa Therapeutics Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb Trial of Tovaxin(TM) for Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
May 17 2007, 7:00 AM EST
Business Wire

Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, today announced the completion of patient enrollment in a 150-patient Phase IIb safety and efficacy study (TERMS). The trial design is a U.S. multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of subcutaneous Tovaxin(TM) in subjects with Clinically ...
Read more : Opexa Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb | Views : 2162 | Replies : 7

Last (booster) shot today!

Well I got my last injection today. It was uneventful as they all are. My coordinator told me that they had to color the placebo too as people were peeking and they are different colors. Hell for all I know that's just what they told me to make me not turn around. Now comes the six months of waiting to get into the extension. I get an MRI in four weeks and then some more ...
Read more : Last (booster) shot today! | Views : 2088 | Replies : 8

First injection of Tovaxin?/placebo

Hi again everybody. Well, my much delayed first injection happened yesterday. I was a bit discouraged at first since I saw absolutely no site reaction on either arm. But my wife comforted me with her words that "God knows what's best for you" which I know is true and that we just need to continue trusting in Him. My next injection is scheduled for the end of this month. I wish everyone better health, both ...
Read more : First injection of Tovaxin?/placebo | Views : 2773 | Replies : 13

Australian Neurologists knowledge of

I saw a second neurologist here in Australia today. He is running Phase III trials for both FTY720 & BG12. I was suprised when he told me he had not herd of Tovaxin at all. This is the second neurologist in Sydney that I have seen that has not herd of it. The first is my main neurologist who, from what I understaand, is one of the most respected MS neurologists in Australia.

I really ...
Read more : Australian Neurologists knowledge of | Views : 2784 | Replies : 11

Tovaxin and Progessive MS?

Hi all,
Starting this trial path has made me wonder if anyone, in any stage of the trial has had or suspected they were in the "progressive ms" group. Were any of the initial phases open to progressive patients? What were the results etc.? I have long suspected I was in the progressive group. I have never had any remittance since my diagnosis (nearly 8 months), only slowly worsening symptoms. I have never been given ...
Read more : Tovaxin and Progessive MS? | Views : 4604 | Replies : 17

Possitve MRTC

Hi all,
Found out today that my mrtc was possitive. Apparently the Advair steriod in question made little or no difference. Maybe the bar has indeed been lowered. I have stopped Advair and swithed to Singular which seems to be working so far. I will schedule bag o' blood Monday.
Read more : Possitve MRTC | Views : 3081 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220838 • Total topics 22888 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service