It is currently Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:39 pm

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

EU recommends restricted availability

Recommendations on Tysabri release restriction

28 April 2006 11:56

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has recommended that the multiple sclerosis treatment drug, Tysabri, should be made available to patients on a restricted basis.

Tysabri was withdrawn from the market early in 2005 after some US patients who had been treated with the drug in combination with other medication developed the brain disease, PML.

The decision led to the collapse of Élan's share price.

Since then ...
Read more : EU recommends restricted availability | Views : 1410 | Replies : 1

Tysabri re-release

I lost my pipeline of informations regarding Tysabri, when my Dr. had by-pass surgery. I am looking ofr any information regarding its re-release. The news I got form my Dr.s RN was pretty discouraging.

Tracy Taggart
Read more : Tysabri re-release | Views : 1543 | Replies : 1

New Data on TYSABRI Demonstrate Significant Effects

6 April 2006

New Data on TYSABRI(R) Demonstrate Significant Effects on Health-Related Quality of Life Measures in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 6, 2006--

Data presented at American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting also Show Impact on Measures of Visual Function and Disability Progression

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) announced today that in Phase III multiple sclerosis (MS) studies TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab) showed significant effects on pre-specified health-related quality ...
Read more : New Data on TYSABRI Demonstrate Significant Effects | Views : 1845 | Replies : 2

Conditions under which Tysabri will come back to market

I posted this in another thread just now, but figured it might need it's own thread. This is a March 27th update regarding the return of Tysabri:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/tysabri_march8.asp

Excerpt:

"....Its key recommendations for approval include:

• Tysabri be made available only to patients who have enrolled along with their physicians in a mandatory registry program;

• Tysabri be made available only to patients diagnosed with relapsing MS;

Read more : Conditions under which Tysabri will come back to market | Views : 1981 | Replies : 3

Any SP MSer's take Tysabri?

Did anyone take Tysabri that was SP? And did it improve you any? I thought I had read about some that did.
Read more : Any SP MSer's take Tysabri? | Views : 2718 | Replies : 10

Experiences with Tysabri

This is a call for our members who currently are, or previously have taken, Tysabri for the treatment of MS to please share your experiences with the therapy at a new project that has sprung out of our work at This is MS, aptly titled "the Experience Project"

Born out of our experiences (no pun intended) here at This is MS, where a wonderful community has formed based (originally) on shared and common experience, the ...
Read more : Experiences with Tysabri | Views : 36256 | Replies : 62

another Boston Globe article

THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

FDA cites concerns on monitoring drug's safety
By Jeffrey Krasner, Globe Staff | March 23, 2006

The Food and Drug Administration yesterday delayed by up to three months its decision on whether to return the multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri to the market, citing concerns about plans to safeguard patients from potentially deadly side effects.

Biogen Idec of Cambridge and Elan Corp. of Ireland, the drug's makers, said ...
Read more : another Boston Globe article | Views : 1377 | Replies : 0

article from Biogen's hometown about competition

THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Tysabri delayed as rivals gird
Biogen's competitors in $5.3b market hope to undermine return of a therapy shown to be more effective than peers
By Jeffrey Krasner, Globe Staff | March 23, 2006

While a decision on whether to bring Tysabri back to the market is on hold, makers of competing multiple sclerosis drugs are already preparing for its return.

With a worldwide market for MS drugs ...
Read more : article from Biogen's hometown about competition | Views : 1613 | Replies : 2

Tysabri in Europe

EU to Rule on MS Drug Approval 16 March 2006

Biogen Idec Inc. executive said the company and partner Elan Corp. may get a decision by midyear on European approval of their Tysabri multiple sclerosis drug, which had been pulled from the U.S. for safety reasons.
A European Union advisory panel may release its decision by as early as next month, with a final ruling coming a couple months later, Hans Peter Hasler, a senior ...
Read more : Tysabri in Europe | Views : 1470 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224905 • Total topics 23546 • Total members 14911

Contact us | Terms of Service